Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Game of thrones Discussion.

Go down 
+11
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
Raptor Blue
dance2nite
MissDNA
evolution_rex
Pugpunasaurus
thingBreaker
Oliphaunt
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 6:17 am

It's here! Real goosebumps!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:46 pm

So in the new trailer someone just pointed this out to me!

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Img_6810

He's huge!!!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Mr John Boyega has greatly disappointed me today...

John Boyega slams "lack of diversity" on Game of Thrones

To quote:
"There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don't see one black person in Lord of the Rings. I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on-screen! Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day."

Boyega, dude, you are aware that The Lord of the Rings was written by an early 20th century gentleman who wanted to create a mythology for England? And George R.R. Martin wanted to create his own work of fantasy that was steeped in Medieval European history? And therefore the fact that they are mostly centered on a pre-Modern, fantastical Northern European/Caucasian perspective actually makes sense??

This level of arrogance and contempt for both of these works of fantasy (despite my issues with the Game of Thrones show) really pisses me off. He is basically saying "if these shows/films don't have a black person in a prominent role, regardless of actual quality, then screw them."

Its also worth noting that there were small token efforts to put Black and Asian men and women in the Laketown setting in the second and third Hobbit films. And that caused a lot of fans (myself included) to bend over backwards to attempt to justify this in the context of other races of men coming to Laketown because it is a trade city with ties to the wider world, and that this was before the Easterlings and Haradrim were coerced into Sauron's thrall. And plenty of fans with more.... conservative leanings were still bitching about it, claiming that Jackson had "went PC" or more variations of this diatribe, or simply even more annoyed he made another change from the book. Imagine how angry and upset book fans would be if one of the main characters was inexplicably played by a man of different race than what Tolkien (or Martin) had specified?

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

To quote:
"There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don't see one black person in Lord of the Rings. I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on-screen! Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day."

Boyega, dude, you are aware that The Lord of the Rings was written by an early 20th century gentleman who wanted to create a mythology for England? And George R.R. Martin wanted to create his own work of fantasy that was steeped in Medieval European history? And therefore the fact that they are mostly centered on a pre-Modern, fantastical Northern European/Caucasian perspective actually makes sense??

This level of arrogance and contempt for both of these works of fantasy (despite my issues with the Game of Thrones show) really pisses me off. He is basically saying "if these shows/films don't have a black person in a prominent role, regardless of actual quality, then screw them."

Its also worth noting that there were small token efforts to put Black and Asian men and women in the Laketown setting in the second and third Hobbit films. And that caused a lot of fans (myself included) to bend over backwards to attempt to justify this in the context of other races of men coming to Laketown because it is a trade city with ties to the wider world, and that this was before the Easterlings and Haradrim were coerced into Sauron's thrall. And plenty of (older, right-wing) "fans" were still bitching about it, claiming that Jackson had "went PC" or more variations of this diatribe, or simply even more annoyed he made another change from the book. Imagine how angry and upset book fans would be if one of the main characters was inexplicably played by a man of different race than what Tolkien (or Martin) had specified?

Besides, even if there was a minority in the show, people would be screaming bloody murder if he got killed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:25 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

To quote:

Its also worth noting that there were small token efforts to put Black and Asian men and women in the Laketown setting in the second and third Hobbit films. And that caused a lot of fans (myself included) to bend over backwards to attempt to justify this in the context of other races of men coming to Laketown because it is a trade city with ties to the wider world, and that this was before the Easterlings and Haradrim were coerced into Sauron's thrall. And plenty of fans with more.... conservative leanings were still bitching about it, claiming that Jackson had "went PC" or more variations of this diatribe, or simply even more annoyed he made another change from the book. Imagine how angry and upset book fans would be if one of the main characters was inexplicably played by a man of different race than what Tolkien (or Martin) had specified?

cough...

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 D432b033c1cb9f65e454925877e5c58e

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

To quote:

cough...

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 D432b033c1cb9f65e454925877e5c58e

WINNER! *Slot machine pours out lots of gold coins*

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Pretty much. So yeah, I really have to wonder if he really knows anything about either series?

Again, its that combination of arrogance and ignorance that really gets my goat.

Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Pretty much. So yeah, I really have to wonder if he really knows anything about either series?

Again, its that combination of arrogance and ignorance that really gets my goat.

What about Grey worm? Missandei? Obreyn Martell? Sand snakes? 

Might not all be black but they certainly aren't white, and they are certainly more than "background cameos" of people on the streets. There was even an episode in the show that was very anti slaver.

Sure it's true that the MAIN characters are white but ultimately it sounds like John has never watched the fucking show.
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am

Wow, hard to believe that someone who works in the entertainment industry like Boyega say something like that, makes me wonder if he has watched the entire series. scratch

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 pm

What's everyone thinking of this season so far? I have my issues with it because I know what's happening. But I'm enjoying it.

Also since season 8 scripts are going out I might have legitimately read a real synopsis of the ending. If it's real all I can say is ... DAMN..
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Also since season 8 scripts are going out I might have legitimately read a real synopsis of the ending. If it's real all I can say is ... DAMN..  

Do you still have that synopsis somewhere? If so, can you send me a pm? Wink
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 am

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1424038

Bethesda might make a game of thrones game.

Yesssss
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Given what happened yesterday, I take it that the White Walkers are now the favorites to win?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of thrones Discussion.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2