Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 News thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 am

Emmanuel Macron, a centerist, beat Marine Le Pen to be the youngest president (he's just 39 years old) of France.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sun May 14, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 908
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon May 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Thank god the Trump effect hasn't landed to Europe quite yet after all. Netherlands rejected the populists, and now France.

Even in my country - although I don't really care of local politics - the nationalist-oriented parties have started crumbling down, certainly in the latest municipality elections.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 28
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-10
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon May 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm actually worried of the election outcome in my country.
French people complained about Hollande's politics during five years and what do they do ? The vote for his heir who's gonna do a similar, even worse politic because Micron (a not so nice nickname we give to this guy) is nothing else that the faithful servant of the EU, Rothschild's Bank as well as of that dirty goblin of Jacques Attali.
They sacrified their f*****g country on the altar of wild globalization and the same rotten financial who are at the source of much of the world's economic, politic, social and environnemental turmoil.
All of this for what ? In the name of "openness" to the world and the el famoso benefits of liberalism as well as for *take a whinying voice* "build a dam against the far-right" like the media and the elites have asked to the population, even if it means insinuating that a part of it was made of retarded just because they didn't vote as the elites wanted them to do so.
Sadly French are sheeps (or even Beasheegeons, a mix of sheep, pigeon and beaver due to their tendancy of making dams) since the medias propaganda seems to have worked given the results of the first and second round. I can fully understand the reluctance of some to vote for the FN (the leading far-right party) due to the scandals in which it was involved but damn, they had the occasion to vote for candidates like Nicolas Dupont-Aignan or Frexit's advocate, François Asselineau, that while they are relatively unknown, are nonetheless far more decent than the ones who get most of the votes. But because of that bullshit of "useful vote", many voted against their interests at the end by putting their trust in the polls (which can be easily manipulated), thus turing their attention the pure marketing product wrapped in a nice plastic bag that is Macron whose "Young and Dynamic" side charmed the naives (IMO people who vote for a candidate solely for his appearance, age or gender are just deplorable).
I'm sorry but just when this guy says that French art doesn't exist, I want to punch him right into his baby face because when one wants to govern France, he is supposed to acknowledge the existence of its culture, respect it and defend it.
Furthermore, he is the advocate of things that I consider to be dangerous for not only France but also for the rest of Europe as well as its population, environment and culture :
By this I mean interventionism in wars that does not concern us in any way and whose consequences are likely to turn against the French people who demanded nothing and not Mr Macron and his clique; A submission to the EU and its policies under which we suffocate (if our peasants struggles, it is mainly because of the Common Agricultural Policy that put their products in unfair competition with those from other European countries); A massive and uncontrolled extra-European immigration in the name of "living together" which will increase the ethnic-religious tensions within the territory with all the consequences that can already be observed (Before that some calls me a fascist or a nazi babies-eater, I want to clarify that I am not against immigration itself but that I am only for it at the condition that is selective and controlled as it is the case in Australia for example); An "Idontcare" policy concerning environmental issues because it impedes on the holy economic growth.
I feel that I've wrote enough on this matter and I don't know if many read all of this but I wanted to express my concerns about the future of my country, my civilization and my planet because it is not by being sheeps that we can face the wolves that threaten us and defeat them. If things went south, I am even afraid that we should become ourselves wolves to ensure a future. I would have liked to say that I am too old for this crap but unfortunately it is quite the opposite.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon May 08, 2017 11:09 pm

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
I'm actually worried of the election outcome in my country.
French people complained about Hollande's politics during five years and what do they do ? The vote for his heir who's gonna do a similar, even worse politic because Micron (a not so nice nickname we give to this guy) is nothing else that the faithful servant of the EU, Rothschild's Bank as well as of that dirty goblin of Jacques Attali.
They sacrified their f*****g country on the altar of wild globalization and the same rotten financial who are at the source of much of the world's economic, politic, social and environnemental turmoil.
All of this for what ? In the name of "openness" to the world and the el famoso benefits of liberalism as well as for *take a whinying voice* "build a dam against the far-right" like the media and the elites have asked to the population, even if it means insinuating that a part of it was made of retarded just because they didn't vote as the elites wanted them to do so.
Sadly French are sheeps (or even Beasheegeons, a mix of sheep, pigeon and beaver due to their tendancy of making dams) since the medias propaganda seems to have worked given the results of the first and second round. I can fully understand the reluctance of some to vote for the FN (the leading far-right party) due to the scandals in which it was involved but damn, they had the occasion to vote for candidates like Nicolas Dupont-Aignan or Frexit's advocate, François Asselineau, that while they are relatively unknown, are nonetheless far more decent than the ones who get most of the votes. But because of that bullshit of "useful vote", many voted against their interests at the end by putting their trust in the polls (which can be easily manipulated), thus turing their attention the pure marketing product wrapped in a nice plastic bag that is Macron whose "Young and Dynamic" side charmed the naives (IMO people who vote for a candidate solely for his appearance, age or gender are just deplorable).
I'm sorry but just when this guy says that French art doesn't exist, I want to punch him right into his baby face because when one wants to govern France, he is supposed to acknowledge the existence of its culture, respect it and defend it.
Furthermore, he is the advocate of things that I consider to be dangerous for not only France but also for the rest of Europe as well as its population, environment and culture :
By this I mean interventionism in wars that does not concern us in any way and whose consequences are likely to turn against the French people who demanded nothing and not Mr Macron and his clique; A submission to the EU and its policies under which we suffocate (if our peasants struggles, it is mainly because of the Common Agricultural Policy that put their products in unfair competition with those from other European countries); A massive and uncontrolled extra-European immigration in the name of "living together" which will increase the ethnic-religious tensions within the territory with all the consequences that can already be observed (Before that some calls me a fascist or a nazi babies-eater, I want to clarify that I am not against immigration itself but that I am only for it at the condition that is selective and controlled as it is the case in Australia for example); An "Idontcare" policy concerning environmental issues because it impedes on the holy economic growth.
I feel that I've wrote enough on this matter and I don't know if many read all of this but I wanted to express my concerns about the future of my country, my civilization and my planet because it is not by being sheeps that we can face the wolves that threaten us and defeat them. If things went south, I am even afraid that we should become ourselves wolves to ensure a future. I would have liked to say that I am too old for this crap but unfortunately it is quite the opposite.

Have a nice day.

I still think that it's only a matter of time before France leaves the EU. After all, Britain had a pro-EU Prime Minister when the people voted to leave the EU. It's been delayed, but I don't think it will stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 908
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/08/europe/french-voters-spoiled-ballots-abstained/index.html

-- The so-called "ballot blanc," or white ballot, has a long history as a protest vote in France, going all the way back to the French Revolution. This time around, nearly 9% of voters cast blank or spoiled ballots -- the highest ever since the Fifth Republic was founded in 1958.

For now, the votes, which are counted towards the turnout, are largely symbolic. But there is a movement underway for the blank ballots to count as a share of the overall election vote. According to a recent Ifop poll, 40% of French voters said they would cast a blank vote if it were recognized under French law. --


That's quite interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 am

@Mistral wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/08/europe/french-voters-spoiled-ballots-abstained/index.html

-- The so-called "ballot blanc," or white ballot, has a long history as a protest vote in France, going all the way back to the French Revolution. This time around, nearly 9% of voters cast blank or spoiled ballots -- the highest ever since the Fifth Republic was founded in 1958.

For now, the votes, which are counted towards the turnout, are largely symbolic. But there is a movement underway for the blank ballots to count as a share of the overall election vote. According to a recent Ifop poll, 40% of French voters said they would cast a blank vote if it were recognized under French law. --


That's quite interesting

Le Pen didn't have the charisma or media savvy that Trump did. And the fact that she was saddled with scandals of her party was not help. That one socialist that was in the race wasn't going to win either because of how mainy in France are starting to get sick of it. Macron is your typical internationalist corporatist. Somebody who sees the world as one big marketplace where cultures don't/shouldn't matter. It's basically a corporatized version of how Marx saw free trade/globalization as a means to promote communism. The French really didn't have a good candidate here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 am

Sultan Erdogan is mad that we're arming the Kurds against ISIS. Boo hoo. Those people have been through enough bullcrap as it is. They need all the help they can get.

The Rock is considering a run for the presidency. I would actually vote for him, simply because I want to see Kim Jong Un get Rock Bottomed through a table. Besides, if Donald Trump can become our president, so can The Rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 908
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 am

"Attention in the water, this is the Orange County Sheriff's Department. You are paddle-boarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks," warned Deputy Brian Stockbridge in an announcement to the swimmers. "Exit the water in a calm manner." Razz
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shark-sightings-population-on-the-rise-southern-california/

3,5 years of prison for playing Pokemon in Russian church
http://mashable.com/2017/05/11/russian-blogger-pokemon-go-sentence-jail

Microsoft brags 141 million people supposedly now use Cortana on Win 10, but actually that accounts for less than 30% of the 500 million user base
https://bgr.com/2017/05/10/microsoft-build-2017-announcements-recap-top-9/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sat May 13, 2017 5:52 am

A scorpion was seen on an United Airlines flight for the second time in a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 908
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 am

Former president of Finland (1981/2-1994) Mauno Koivisto dies at 93
http://www.dailyfinland.fi/national/725/Former-President-Koivisto-passes-away

Former moonwalker says ISS should be retired in order to get to Mars
http://www.space.com/36787-buzz-aldrin-retire-international-space-station-for-mars.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Hezbollah threatens to invade Israel.

I thought they were too busy helping their old friend Assad in Syria by fighting ISIS. They have too be too depleted in ranks to pull off something like that now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sun May 14, 2017 9:03 am

North Korea has fired a ballistic missile that flew for 435 miles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 am

Drone footage of male narwhals (females rarely have tusks) shows that they use their tusks to stun fish before eating them. They basically bat fish with their horns and then eat them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 am

Rogue Ivory Coast soldiers reject a deal to end their mutiny.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 322
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 am

Moors Murderer Ian Brady dies aged 79.

About fucking time, too.

_______________
Former former... former... former... yeah, you get the idea.

Cygnus (♂) - Dilophosaurus wetherlii "venenifer"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Oshronosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 347
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am

Rhedo, did you deliberately misspell "rogue" again? XDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am

@Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedo, did you deliberately misspell "rogue" again? XDDDDD

I do seem to have a problem with spelling that word, don't I? Razz And I'm a pretty good speller too. I guess it's just that word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 850
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 am

Cannibal 'T. Rex' Ants Seen Live for 1st Time Ever

I think I'm terrified...

_______________
Last Movie Watched: TMNT (2007).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sun May 21, 2017 1:08 am

50,000 year old 'Atlantis Of The South' discovered in Australia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 1867
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Today at 9:51 am

Breaking News.

19 dead during an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester, England.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 322
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Today at 11:16 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Breaking News.

19 dead during an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester, England.

The death toll has now risen to 22.

Such a terrible night...

_______________
Former former... former... former... yeah, you get the idea.

Cygnus (♂) - Dilophosaurus wetherlii "venenifer"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: News thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
News thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» The Official 'Man Of Steel' Non-News Thread
» 'Iron Man 3' News Thread
» STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS NEWS THREAD *SPOILERS*
» The Official League of Legends News thread
» Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: