Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

News thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 am

The Senate passed a budget bill (a crucial part to President Trump's planned tax overhaul) with a narrow 51-49 vote. Now it just needs to reconcile it with the House's proposal.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 am

It looks like the Sanders-Clinton feud isn't over yet.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 pm

The Czech Republic elected a populist anti-establishment billionaire for it's new prime minister.

In other words, he's the Czech version of Donald Trump. And he's going to make the Czech Republic great again. Ignore those who say otherwise. They are fake news.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Gaming Forum NeoGAF Offline Following Sexual Assault Allegations Against Site Owner

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 11:20 pm

The Clinton campaign, the DNC, and Fusion GPS-a Democrat group with ties to Russia helped pay for that one Trump dossier that claimed he worked with Russia.

I also think that this was to help hide the fact that she sold 20% of our uranium to them.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:25 am

Shocking....in a "not shocking at all" kind of way.

News thread. - Page 18 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I also think that this was to help hide the fact that she sold 20% of our uranium to them.
She's not a door-to-door salesman. The sale was approved by at least 20 different government organizations, including a Republican-led Congress.

As for the Dossier, if collusion between members of the Trump campaign (including his son) gets to be hand-waved as mere opposition research, then I don't get why this can't be the same.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 7:54 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
She's not a door-to-door salesman. The sale was approved by at least 20 different government organizations, including a Republican-led Congress.

As for the Dossier, if collusion between members of the Trump campaign (including his son) gets to be hand-waved as mere opposition research, then I don't get why this can't be the same.

Well then, shame on them too. Not only that, but Hillary had the power to say no, but didn't. Also, there's a difference between opposition research and a smear campaign, which Hillary is known for via throwing her husbands accusers under the bus.

In other news...The FBI released documents about the Newtown shooter.

He had an interest in pedophila and police were warned that he would kill his mother and students.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Well then, shame on them too. Not only that, but Hillary had the power to say no, but didn't.
So 1 person is to blame for the decisions of 19 other agencies? I'll keep that in mind.
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Also, there's a difference between opposition research and a smear campaign, which Hillary is known for via throwing her husbands accusers under the bus.
I'll take "Things Donald Trump does daily" for $800, Trebek.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Well then, shame on them too. Not only that, but Hillary had the power to say no, but didn't.
 So 1 person is to blame for the decisions of 19 other agencies? I'll keep that in mind.

I'm not saying they're blameless, but I am saying that Hillary had more power and influence and thus, she gets the lion's share of the blame.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Also, there's a difference between opposition research and a smear campaign, which Hillary is known for via throwing her husbands accusers under the bus.

I'll take "Things Donald Trump does daily" for $800, Trebek.

We'd be seeing that all over the news if he did that now.

The U.S. Navy launched its newest and most powerful submarine, the USS South Dakota.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:30 am

So Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp has accused Kevin Spacey of making sexual advances on him when he was 14.

In addressing the situation, Kevin Spacey also came out as gay.

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136

Totally not trying to deflect the allegations I'm sure.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 10:38 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp has accused Kevin Spacey of making sexual advances on him when he was 14.

In addressing the situation, Kevin Spacey also came out as gay.

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136

Totally not trying to deflect the allegations I'm sure.
I agree

As someone in the comments pointed out he says he doesn’t remember the encounter, but then goes onto say it would have been a drunken encounter. Either way it makes it sound like he might remember it, drunken or not imo. Which of course “might” be a sign that it definitely happened.

This is both good and bad. I’m glad all these people are getting busted but I’m not sure my heart can take learning some of my favorite actors are in on this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 pm

A hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid of Egypt has been found.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 8:46 pm

The UN admits that the Paris Climate Deal was a sham.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 am

That'snot news, that's an editorial piece. I could publish one tomorrow about anything.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Deformed babies are being born in North Korea due to being in nuclear test sites.

And the government doesn't give the civilians any warning of such tests. This is sad.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Deformed babies are being born in North Korea due to being in nuclear test sites.

And the government doesn't give the civilians any warning of such tests. This is sad.
I've heard rumor about this... but to actually see it confirmed is horrific. Sad

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/elephant-trophies-to-be-allowed-back-into-the-us-2017-11

Disgusting.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/elephant-trophies-to-be-allowed-back-into-the-us-2017-11

Disgusting.

I have put aside my disdain for Trump for months, but as an animal lover this fills me with bile. This will certainly lead to increased trophy hunting between Zimbabwe and the States.

Its official, I hope Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also targets trophy hunters if it aims to cast a light on human treatment of animals through the lens of dinosaurs.

News thread. - Page 18 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

I have put aside my disdain for Trump for months, but as an animal lover this fills me with bile. This will certainly lead to increased trophy hunting between Zimbabwe and the States.

Its official, I hope Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also targets trophy hunters if it aims to cast a light on human treatment of animals through the lens of dinosaurs.

Yeah, I try to be as unbiased and objective as I can when it comes to Trump, trying not to get caught up in rhetoric and judge for myself, but this? Why? Like, what is the point?

The only two things I can think of are A) He's making a point of undoing everything Obama did, regardless of whether it was good or bad, out of spite, or B) Doing this simply so his sons can go game hunting and bring back their "trophies".

Either way, it's sickening.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

Yeah, I try to be as unbiased and objective as I can when it comes to Trump, trying not to get caught up in rhetoric and judge for myself, but this? Why? Like, what is the point?

The only two things I can think of are A) He's making a point of undoing everything Obama did, regardless of whether it was good or bad, out of spite, or B) Doing this simply so his sons can go game hunting and bring back their "trophies".

Either way, it's sickening.

I'm one of those people who think that Trump has done better then what many people think, but this is one of those things I can't defend. It's bad enough that Mugabe, the former dictator of that country, allowed elephant pouching and had his forces poison elephants via toxic watermelons in that country in the first place. It's even worse that we have psychopathic poachers use rocket launchers to pouch elephants. (Yes, some really do that.) But this...

You know, India has a place named Karinzinga National Park. They have a shoot-to-kill policy regarding poachers. It's been controversial since some innocent people have got wounded, but since it's been in place, pouching has gone down a lot. I honestly think African countries implementing that same policy might be the only thing that can save elephants and rhinos at this point.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am

In happier news.

The Amish have a gene that makes them live 10 years longer then most.

It also protects them from Type 2 diabetes.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

North Korea is making a ballistic missile submarine.

This is frightening. While North Korea has long range rockets that can hit the continental U.S.A., their reliability is still questionable. Their short and medium range missiles, however, are far more reliable. A few nuclear warhead tipped medium ranged missiles modified to fit on a North Korean submarine is FAR more dangerous then launching an ICBM on North Korean soil.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Seems Trump is backing off on the elephant trophy thing for now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931685146415255552

This just basically reads to me as "Reversing the elephant trophy laws so my sons could bring their dismembered elephant body parts back home resulted in more backlash than I was willing to deal with, so fuck it."

Still, I'm glad, but it never should have happened in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

This is frightening. While North Korea has long range rockets that can hit the continental U.S.A., their reliability is still questionable. Their short and medium range missiles, however, are far more reliable. A few nuclear warhead tipped medium ranged missiles modified to fit on a North Korean submarine is FAR more dangerous then launching an ICBM on North Korean soil.

I feel like this will be one of those things that may finally come to a head in our lifetime. Whether that be from change inside NK or outside. Or a bit of both.

He really needs to be stopped.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I feel like this will be one of those things that may finally come to a head in our lifetime. Whether that be from change inside NK or outside. Or a bit of both.

Indeed, China has had talks about possibly removing Kim and even thinking about not having to deal with North Korea anymore. This guys has been a spoiled brat for his whole life and has no idea about how dangerous his actions will be. The fact that he's worshiped as a god and so are his dad and grandfather makes things worse. Add that with a BRUTAL Stalinist rule that's been in place as long as North Korea has been around and most of the population brainwashed beyond help, and you have a situation that makes the Cuban Missile Crisis look like a sandfight.

Only Iran going nuclear could roughly rival this.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Seems Trump is backing off on the elephant trophy thing for now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931685146415255552

Still, I'm glad, but it never should have happened in the first place.

Good. Hopefully, the ban stays in place for good.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

given North Korean rhetoric, if they do develop a ballistic missile sub, it's reasonable to expect that other powers will be keeping a very close eye on it from a safe distance, and if there's any indication that it seems to be moving into an attack position then it's probably gonna go straight to Davy Jones in short order. while it is extremely worrying, just remember that all the countries that North Korea threatens do take these threats seriously (except maybe South Korea, but only because they consider them all talk and no action like they've done for the better part of the last century--still doesn't mean they aren't prepared) and can probably counter the rather outdated North Korean tech with modern defenses. even considering trump is utterly incompetent, the military isn't and that's what counts.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 am

https://twitter.com/AP/status/932487668524396544

CHARLES MANSON FINALLY DIED.

HOORAY!

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

BREAKING: FCC Announces Plan to Repeal Net Neutrality

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next