Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

News thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I HATE politics in the USA. I'm starting feel more and more like this two party system is designed to keep us fighting each other, rather than fighting for what's best for our country. It's really sad. You go on Facebook and it's literally a "us vs them" mentality. I understand people have political differences of course. But This isn't right.... We all want what's best for the country so we need to stop fighting each other and set our sights on compromise and changing Washington.

In my humble opinion.  

Hey, you're catching on.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 6:38 am

Indeed. Even here, deciding the future of one's country can feel like such a glorified pissing match.

Not just between the candidates, but the voters and all. It's astonishing how many people treat the recent EU referendum result like it was a bloody one-nil finish at a football match and assume everyone genuinely concerned about the consequences of the result is just a sore loser.

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 6:52 am

What's even worse about the EU referrendum vote was how under 75% of the populace voted and that the youth ,aka the people who have to actually live with the decision, voted in favor of remain.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I HATE politics in the USA. I'm starting feel more and more like this two party system is designed to keep us fighting each other, rather than fighting for what's best for our country. It's really sad. You go on Facebook and it's literally a "us vs them" mentality. I understand people have political differences of course. But This isn't right.... We all want what's best for the country so we need to stop fighting each other and set our sights on compromise and changing Washington.

In my humble opinion.  

Brazil is in the same path in politics. It's really getting annoying.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

News thread. - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 am

This whole thing has been exemplified in the republican national convention. I mean, dang, the whole message is that the world is falling apart, and apparently only Donald Trump can save it, and to be afraid of the "other", whether thats muslims, mexicans, the lgbt community, whoever.

By the way, i'm not exactly fainting over Hilary's goodness or trustworthiness either.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:33 am

Hillary's a crap candidate, no doubting that, but Trump is beyond horrendous. The fact he was able to secure the nomination on the back of all the scaremongering isolationist bullshit, backpedaling and downright insane ideas he has pulled over the last year is just saddening.

Saying Trump is the only one who can prevent the country from falling apart is like suggesting one extinguish a bonfire by throwing fireworks on it.

TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:25 am

Well, you'd probably get several smaller fires instead of one large bonefire. Razz

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:34 am

Yeah, and then those smaller fires get bigger and cause more fires.

Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 am

Theta Rex wrote:
Hillary's a crap candidate, no doubting that, but Trump is beyond horrendous. The fact he was able to secure the nomination on the back of all the scaremongering isolationist bullshit, backpedaling and downright insane ideas he has pulled over the last year is just saddening.

Saying Trump is the only one who can prevent the country from falling apart is like suggesting one extinguish a bonfire by throwing fireworks on it.

This could quite possibly be the worst presidential election in US history. I can't even talk to people on "my side" of the political spectrum without getting into arguments with them (seems to be the case with both parties to some degree at the moment...). It's all about the "party" - maybe just getting rid of this party system would just cause people to listen to and THINK about their candidates instead of making snap decisions based on what party they're running for (which is often a sham anyway; half the time they just run for whichever party is willing to elect them, regardless of their actual opinions).

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:19 am

smaugtheterrible wrote:
Theta Rex wrote:

This could quite possibly be the worst presidential election in US history. I can't even talk to people on "my side" of the political spectrum without getting into arguments with them (seems to be the case with both parties to some degree at the moment...). It's all about the "party" - maybe just getting rid of this party system would just cause people to listen to and THINK about their candidates instead of making snap decisions based on what party they're running for (which is often a sham anyway; half the time they just run for whichever party is willing to elect them, regardless of their actual opinions).

Yeah... call it wishful thinking, but I really hope this sham of an election forces America to wake the hell up and see that godforsaken political system for what it really is.

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 pm

smaugtheterrible wrote:
Theta Rex wrote:

Whenever somebody mentions disbanding the party system, my mind goes back to this comic:
News thread. - Page 4 8QgSJ7c

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 2:56 pm

So there are some bastard cunt(s) shooting ppl in Munich. Again, those cunts who shouldn't even be born or have human rights.

I hope he/they get killed. No more seconds of life for those bastards.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
So there are some bastard cunt(s) shooting ppl in Munich. Again, those cunts who shouldn't even be born or have human rights.

No offense, but you REALLY need to stop watching the news. It will only make your life more and more miserable. I know I'm repeating myself from JPL, but in your case, you really should consider doing other things that will take your mind off on the world's problems. Sometimes in life, ignorance really is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

No offense, but you REALLY need to stop watching the news. It will only make your life more and more miserable. I know I'm repeating myself from JPL, but in your case, you really should consider doing other things that will take your mind off on the world's problems. Sometimes in life, ignorance really is bliss.

I'm okay. I hear about those stuff but I try to turn my feelings off and don't get beaten by it, as cold as it sounds. I learned something past those days, that I should only foccus on things that will give me knowledge and make me think positive. Things that are really important such as Universe. That I should stop thinking about futile things. I really can't do anything about those shit stuff that happens in the world, I with I could change, but yes I know I can't. All the negative things I just ignore after hearing about. Ppl can mock me, say shit stuff around me, be ignorant, I don't care anymore. I'll try to turn my feelings off to those stuff. Reason above emotions.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

We can't do both?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 pm

An old drug for fighting Malaria could have a role to fight cancer.

I guess what the saying of "what's old is new again" holds up for medical purposes too. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Alligator gars are being reintroduced to old/former habitats to hunt down Asian carp.

It's nice to see a comeback for an animal that was driven out of its land. I always love a comeback story Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Alligator gars are being reintroduced to old/former habitats to hunt down Asian carp.

It's nice to see a comeback for an animal that was driven out of its land. I always love a comeback story Very Happy

Its always heartening to see animals being accepted and recovered when they used to be reviled Smile

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:50 pm

The Greenland Shark is able to live for 400 years.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Shark master race

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm

similarly, i heard that bowhead whales can live for at least a couple centuries, too, based on harpoon wounds found on contemporary specimens dating to the 1800s

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:25 pm

A high ranking diplomat from North Korea has defected to South Korea. This happened not long after a colonel from the North Korean spy agency defected in April. Most likely afraid of getting purged since Kim Jong Un has purged more people then his dad has. And that is saying something.

Twin Giant Panda cubs born in a zoo in Vienna, Austria.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 8:43 am

A 10 foot long snake is on the loose in Maine.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Pitor Malachowski, a Sliver Medal winner at the discus throwing contest, will auction off his medal to help a 3 year old boy save his eyesight.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Scientists and fishermen found a birthing site for Great White Sharks for the very first time.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Dogs CAN understand human speech and emotions.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:12 pm

i wonder when we'll determine if cats can, too? Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:36 pm

There are actually 4 different species of giraffe in Africa.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 12:19 pm

It looks like we finally know what happened to Amelia Earhart. This says she safely landed on an island, but winded up dying a castway, even though she made mulitple successful transmissions for help.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:07 pm

certainly a bit more optimistic than one of the other theories: i saw a program years ago suggesting she might have been arrested and later executed by Imperial Japanese forces

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next