Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Modding Q&A thread

Go down 
+27
NMH96
JP_Dino_Hunter
Océane
psdxd
TheTohoSociety
Owens_motorcycle
bimbong
JPGrid06
Troodon
Paralitian stromeri
Gondrasia
Megaspino2
sdp
Chronos
LostWorld
DinoWorld2014
Oshronosaurus
Rexy12341
Rhedosaurus
Godzillasaurus54
fdinick
steventong007
FTKchuuNINJA
SpinoInWonderland
EchoGreen
LeahMcFallFan
Chopperface
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Sorry for causing any inconvenience, but I'm having some problems with JPOG at the moment.

The game does not load through the Operation Genesis setup menu to set highest quality models in the game, such as the Park Entrance. However, it does load through the normal click on the shortcut, but unfortunately when I do this, the game is not at its best.

Spoiler:

It's such a shame as I've downloaded the Forgotten mod and I've seen what the quality of the structures once was, where once could see Ammonite fossils embedded into the kiosks. It's also quite distracting seeing the new footpaths connected to the old structures using the old stone footpath design. 

Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?

Last edited by Gondrasia on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Previous font size was too big)
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Set the model quality to 'High' in the Setup and run the game in Administrator mode.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 8:01 am

EchoGreen wrote:
Set the model quality to 'High' in the Setup and run the game in Administrator mode.
I just tried it now, the game's still not loading unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Paralitian stromeri
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Whenever I try to launch my game with the mesozoic revolution mod it crashes after 5 seconds, without loading the main menu screen.
I tested my game with the forgotten mod and the JW pack and they world flawlessly.
Also 2 other mods by SpinoInWonderland, the cretaceous and jurassic expansions, cause my game to crash whenever any of the dinos from the mod is supposed to come out of the hatchery.
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the blocking on the land cruiser?
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Paralitian stromeri wrote:
Whenever I try to launch my game with the mesozoic revolution mod it crashes after 5 seconds, without loading the main menu screen.
I tested my game with the forgotten mod and the JW pack and they world flawlessly.
Also 2 other mods by SpinoInWonderland, the cretaceous and jurassic expansions, cause my game to crash whenever any of the dinos from the mod is supposed to come out of the hatchery.
That is because your PC don't support the skins in high resolution.
JPGrid06 wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove the blocking on the land cruiser?
You mean the short distance of the road of the jeep? Yep,is so easy,you only need to change the line "JeepFuellimit" and the line "MaxSafariPathLenght".
I hope I helped to you
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks but I was talking about the "teeth blocking" on the grill you get when you skin the land cruiser
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/50/28/79/simjp_17.jpg

Last edited by JPGrid06 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Image added)
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 5:57 am

You could make an alpha for that part
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am

I did :/
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Are you sure that the alpha is in the skin?
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I add the alpha channel manually
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Is there a way to skin the fences or has that not been figured out yet?
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes,the fences skins files are in the Fences_Hi.tml or Fences.tml
Back to top Go down
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
JPGrid06

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks Troodon Smile
Back to top Go down
bimbong
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am

is there a way to skin this model, i made the model using the tmd processing tool??
https://imgur.com/H74KnSk
Back to top Go down
Owens_motorcycle
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Can anyone help me edit the dino list for exercises and missons? I want to add dinosaurs into FCM jurassic classic, because I love how much better Isla Nublar looks like compared to the vanilla Isla Nublar or other generic islands.
Back to top Go down
TheTohoSociety
Embryo
Embryo
TheTohoSociety

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Is there a way I can have several dinosaurs that use the same nodes have different sound effects similar to how The Forgotten or Mesozoic Revolution did it?
Back to top Go down
psdxd
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 3:54 am

Can anyone help me, i need the dds files of the DJE mod Trex please Sad
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 am

Anyone know how to make trees repopulate quicker? I'd like an island full of Paleo trees, but I can't find what in the various .ini files dictates this.

JP_Dino_Hunter
Embryo
Embryo
JP_Dino_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 4:37 pm

beyond this I can't be of much help in regards to trees population quicker.

Since I am a new member I can't post the link to the website with the answer.

Search on google: Paleo trees jpog.

It should point you to the correct websites.
Back to top Go down
NMH96
Embryo
Embryo
NMH96

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Which TKL file is for each digsite?

BTW, to edit the tree repopulation, go to constant ini and find this lines:

Code:
   TreeDensityGainedInLightRain =  20;
   TreeDensityGainedInHeavyRain =  40;
   TreeDensityLostInHeatwave =  25;

Change those values as you want and it will make your trees denser any time the climate condition modified show up (didn't tested it yet, but I asume negative values in heatwave may work to make trees repopulate too)

Edit: This was the distribution of digsites in TKL
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GeekyAustin
Embryo
Embryo
GeekyAustin

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 am

I mentioned in the Film Canon Mod page that my modded textures/skins wouldn't load on either 16 or 32 bit settings. I found out earlier today that it was happening because I was running the game as an administrator. I turned it off and it works now.

But I have a question. I'm trying to add everything from the DJE mod. The terrain and grass mods worked as expected, but I can't seem to get the skies to work. If I replace the files needed, the game still shows a solid blue sky and the ground turns into water if I zoom in.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Okay, my paths are invisible as well......
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag
JP_Dino_Hunter
Embryo
Embryo
JP_Dino_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 pm

I had a question about skin modding. Is it possible to mod an already modded digsite tml ? I have been trying to replace skins from an existing mod and it isn't working.

Also, can someone please make a discord for this website if one does not already exist.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 am

JP_Dino_Hunter wrote:
I had a question about skin modding. Is it possible to mod an already modded digsite tml ? I have been trying to replace skins from an existing mod and it isn't working.

Also, can someone please make a discord for this website if one does not already exist.

Are the skins the same resolution? If so then it should be an easy fix; find the skin you want in a hex editor (dinosaurs are listed backwards with the dead skin first) and then just copy yours and paste it at the beginning of the skin. If it's a different resolution then you need to entirely rework the .tml. That involves essentially creating a new .tml and messing with the headers and footers of each skin.
Back to top Go down
JP_Dino_Hunter
Embryo
Embryo
JP_Dino_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
JP_Dino_Hunter wrote:

Are the skins the same resolution? If so then it should be an easy fix; find the skin you want in a hex editor (dinosaurs are listed backwards with the dead skin first) and then just copy yours and paste it at the beginning of the skin. If it's a different resolution then you need to entirely rework the .tml. That involves essentially creating a new .tml and messing with the headers and footers of each skin.

I seriously hope they are the same resolution...How would I check that?

The dinos I'm working with are from JPBrasil's Expansion pack and Fdnick's JW FK pack. Essentially I'm trying to make my own new Expansion pack with all dinos from each movie in one.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 1:03 am

Open the DDS up in Gimp or Photoshop (using the plugin) or use the converter. The dimensions of the actually image of the skin will be the resolution. You have to check both skins (I don't know off the top of my head what JPBrasil worked with).

These are the headers you'll need if you want to rewrite the .tml yourself:

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t781-skin-headers-list

Unfortunately there's more to it than that and I can't seem to find the actual tutorial on how to rewrite .tmls on this site. It used to be on JPL and Modding Genesis, but both of them got nuked.
Back to top Go down
JP_Dino_Hunter
Embryo
Embryo
JP_Dino_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 am

Great...looks like they are different dimensions. Story of my life lol.

Why can't I just change the image's dimensions in gimp and then just overwrite the skin I don't want and then apply it to the tml ?

Edit: Changing the dimensions did the trick. I don't want to have to re-work any tmls I'm still very new to all of this. I get the feeling I'l have to though because I believe FD removed a few dinos from the dig sites...

For now I will replace skins I can and then I will attempt to add multi-skin tmls for the other dinos. I'll be making a custom male and female pack for myself.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 am

Yeah you can resize them, but if you're going from smaller to larger you'll lose some image/texture quality. I'm glad I could help though!
Back to top Go down
JP_Dino_Hunter
Embryo
Embryo
JP_Dino_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 am

Yeah I noticed that. Unfortunately, now the game refuses to load on site B. It worked perfectly after editing Flaming cliffs but after I tampered with another dig site I started having issues.So I re-added original files back and the game loads. I even modded the tml a second time just to be sure but for some reason the game doesn't want to accept the changes anymore. Very odd.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 am

If it's not loading you're probably doing something wrong. If I had to guess you're overwriting some of the next skin's header because the skin you're trying to replace is too large. The game is very finicky about modding, but if it's done correctly results can be replicated. Double check the sizes of the skins you messed with in the Flaming Cliffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modding Q&A thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next