Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Independence Day: Resurgence

Go down 
+13
Aegyptiacus3
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Levine
Island Queen
Océane
GwrChurchward
Troyal1
JPMalcolmDilo
Lost
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

Independence Day: Resurgence Empty
PostSubject: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 am

Who's excited for this? Smile I have to say I've been very excited for it ever since they revealed the title almost a year ago. This should be a lot of fun!

What did you like about the first movie and what are you excited about and hoping to see in this one?

Personally I'm excited about:

-Another sci-fi disaster movie (as I'm both interested in space/aliens and like disaster movies)
-The mother ship being that much bigger/better
-Can't wait to see an "updated" Independence Day, 20 years after, especially since Emmerich has said he had to wait for technology to catch up to his vision for this film
-Jeff Goldblum back of course Smile (as well as many other actors from the first film)
Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:14 am

Im gonna watch cause I loved the 1st one and Jeff Goldblum is me favorite actor. The actual movie itself doesn't look spectacular, but it looks like a fun entertaining blockbuster. Also JEFF GOLDBLUM!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Honestly I'm a bit worried. I think it looks cool but I'm a huge fan of the first movie. And while the first movie was corny and funny there were definitely some scenes in that movie that were sad, scary and it took itself very serious about the alien invasion. I'm worried this one will have too much humor and lack all the good serious elements. 

Also will smith should be here.
Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Not looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 pm

I'll wait for DVD release.

Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Honestly I'm a bit worried. I think it looks cool but I'm a huge fan of the first movie. And while the first movie was corny and funny there were definitely some scenes in that movie that were sad, scary and it took itself very serious about the alien invasion. I'm worried this one will have too much humor and lack all the good serious elements. 

Also will smith should be here.

Too much humor? How? I've only watched the first trailer but it definitely seemed quite dark and serious in its tone and I remember people commenting on that on youtube, as far as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm totally psyched for this! If it weren't for Independence Day, I would never have gotten into Jurassic Park (seriously). What did I like about the first one? Aliens, sci fi, and it was my first disaster movie, and since I was more into Jeff Goldblum, it doesn't bother me that Will Smith isn't in this one (most people went to it for the effects anyways, including myself). I'm just curious as to how big the mothership is in this one, since I thought the last one was big. Shocked

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I doubt that the ships are actually continent-sized, because if that's so then Earth is doomed, and no Trojan virus can save them this time.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Island Queen wrote:
I'm totally psyched for this! If it weren't for Independence Day, I would never have gotten into Jurassic Park (seriously). What did I like about the first one? Aliens, sci fi, and it was my first disaster movie, and since I was more into Jeff Goldblum, it doesn't bother me that Will Smith isn't in this one (most people went to it for the effects anyways, including myself). I'm just curious as to how big the mothership is in this one, since I thought the last one was big. Shocked

It's supposed to be really really big Shocked Can't wait to see it.

How did Independence Day get you into Jurassic Park? That's interesting.

Also, Goldblum over Will Smith anyday. Smile Ever since I first watched Jurassic Park as a kid I've thought the guy is awesome Cool So yeah, doesn't bother me either.

@Levine: I think I read somewhere it's supposed to be like the size of the Atlantic or something Shocked With its own gravity, lol. Should be interesting.

EDIT: Island Queen, didn't notice until now you have the movie in your signature! Glad to see another fan on here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Because of Jeff Goldblum. I was a member of a sci fi kind of book club and I ordered the "making of" book (I should check my local used bookstore to see if they have one, since I no longer have it), and it mentioned some other movies that Goldblum was in including Jurassic Park. I guess it made me curious enough about it (or maybe it was the fact that they were making a sequel that triggered it, since The Lost World got released to theaters the following summer, which was the only other Jurassic Park movie I've seen in theaters besides Jurassic World) to actually want to see it, since before Jurassic Park, I never had an interest in dinosaurs before. Very Happy

P.S. In regards to the signature, when I saw your avvie, I thought I would put the signature in, since it's the proper size for this forum.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:07 pm

If only those selfish directors would of added in Will Smith's talentless....I mean talented kid, he'd probably be in it as well.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm so excited, I hope the Aliens wins.

The mothership looks like it'll cover the entire Atlantic Ocean and has it's own gravity.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Independence Day: Resurgence LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:01 pm

The Independence Day sequel idea that was ultimately scrapped!

Quote :
The “Independence Day” sequel we see on screens next week won’t be the same one Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin started writing in the early 2000s.

The filmmaking duo behind the original 1996 blockbuster had originally summoned up a yarn that tied into the events of 911 – it was ultimately poo-pooed.

“It was after 9/11 and Dean and I wanted to make the movie about peace, and it just didn’t work,” Emmerich said in this month’s Empire Magazine. “There’s still an element of that in the new one, but that version was only about that. We shoot aliens down accidentally and then at the end of the movie they land on the White House lawn and say ‘we come in peace’ and that was it. It was just too weak an idea and we didn’t really want to do it. It didn’t have an Independence Day feel. Only the alien ship was destroyed!”

Emmerich also spoke about the sequel’s lengthy gestation period and why it’s taken so long for “Independence Day : Resurgence” to come to fruition.

“I’d never planned to make a sequel — I always felt that Independence Day was a standalone film,” he said. “But over the years I realized how iconic the film had become for people and I was repeatedly asked by [20th Century] Fox to do it. What really did it was just how amazing film technology is these days and how restricted I felt in ‘95/’96 when I did the original one. But it’s not a traditional sequel.”

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 pm

That would have been interesting...to see the aliens really want peace and it be about human paranoia.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Eh, I think the only reason they went for peace was because of 9/11 (explosions and terrorism-esque stuff was very touchy in the days, weeks, months and even years after the attacks). If it didnt happen we probably would have gotten what we are getting now back then (explosions and attacks and stuff).
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 6:43 pm

I don't think I would have liked that as much, since it sounds more like Close Encounters than Independence Day. Apparently Emmerich and Devlin thought so too, since it says in the article that it didn't have an Independence Day feel, but I'm kind of curious as to which element was left in (I guess I'll find out soon enough, since I'm planning on going on opening night, which is something I haven't done since the second and third Pirates movies). Very Happy

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:27 am

It's not weak plot. In fact, it's very possible in real life. Carl Sagan predicted if an advanced alien civilization comes into contact with us, then it'll be probably peacefull.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Independence Day: Resurgence LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:51 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
It's not weak plot. In fact, it's very possible in real life. Carl Sagan predicted if an advanced alien civilization comes into contact with us, then it'll be probably peacefull.

Unless they screwed up on their own planet and want a new one similar....unless someday we're the invading aliens. Razz

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:34 am

I encourage everyone to go to Wikipedia and read the story on how this film was developed, how many years it took before they finally had an idea they went with. We waited for JW since 2001, they have been thinking about this movie since 1996! I think that bodes well for the final product, at least story-wise.

BTW, any guesses as to how this will do at the box-office? I suppose JW-like numbers are not likely? But then again, no one could have predicted just how massively successful JW would be either...
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Lost wrote:
I encourage everyone to go to Wikipedia and read the story on how this film was developed, how many years it took before they finally had an idea they went with. We waited for JW since 2001, they have been thinking about this movie since 1996! I think that bodes well for the final product, at least story-wise.

BTW, any guesses as to how this will do at the box-office? I suppose JW-like numbers are not likely? But then again, no one could have predicted just how massively successful JW would be either...

I was gonna say, JW wasn't projected for JW numbers, so I think anything is possible. I think based on the original, this will either do really well or really bad. I reason because it's a non-franchise(currently) sequel to a film loved 20 years ago, but I don't know how many have really been exposed to it in the last ten or so years. Sure it runs on TV from time to time, but it's not really had mass exposure since 1996/97.

I really hope we see some alien variation though. Giant alien aside, I loved how the toys had the regular aliens, then blue commanders or something, then black sparkly Shock Trooper aliens.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Oh and supposedly IDR isn't screening for critics until after the movie is in theaters...

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:28 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Lost wrote:

I was gonna say, JW wasn't projected for JW numbers, so I think anything is possible. I think based on the original, this will either do really well or really bad. I reason because it's a non-franchise(currently) sequel to a film loved 20 years ago, but I don't know how many have really been exposed to it in the last ten or so years. Sure it runs on TV from time to time, but it's not really had mass exposure since 1996/97.

I really hope we see some alien variation though. Giant alien aside, I loved how the toys had the regular aliens, then blue commanders or something, then black sparkly Shock Trooper aliens.
Kenner was awesome if you wanted lots of variation in figures and toys. They did the same thing with their Aliens line, pulling out a bunch of different Alien-bred animals like the Scorpion Alien and the Bull alien. Or the various different Predators they produced. I think a lot of interesting and unique inspiration for these older '80s and '90s movies can come out of the old Kenner toy lines.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Lost wrote:

Kenner was awesome if you wanted lots of variation in figures and toys. They did the same thing with their Aliens line, pulling out a bunch of different Alien-bred animals like the Scorpion Alien and the Bull alien. Or the various different Predators they produced. I think a lot of interesting and unique inspiration for these older '80s and '90s movies can come out of the old Kenner toy lines.

Remember that those Kenner ID4 figures also had cool little PC mini-games included. Sadly, my PC was crap back then and couldn't run them, so never knew what I was missing out on, but the idea was still fun. I remember those Aliens figures, in fact I have several. My favorite was the Mantis Alien, because it was big, and had scythe-like arms that I imagined could take guys down pretty easily.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm off to see the film! I'll report back with a review soon!

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Have fun and let us know what you think! (without spoilers please! Smile )

Loving all the hate from the critics btw, makes me wanna see it even more xD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 9:54 pm

I saw ID:R last night. It was solid fun. Big, dumb fun. There are a lot of plot holes and stupid moments but it is actually surprisingly hilarious too.

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Good, that's exactly what I want out of this movie. Big, dumb fun in the vein of the the original.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 pm

I hope to see this movie soon-ish as in this weekend maybe..

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:45 am

So, my non-spoiler review. It was ok. It doesn't surpass the original for me. It oddly to me feel like the stakes are lower, even though they are technically much higher. There's also a certain thing I'm really not a fan of, but I'll put that in spoilers.

Spoiler:

I know I'm going to come off as really negative in those spoilers, but I did enjoy it. It just didn't quite manage to reach the heights of the original, and honestly I don't know that I was expecting it to. It does feel like Independence Day though, and that's what matters.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence Day: Resurgence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: