Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Independence Day: Resurgence

Go down 
+13
Aegyptiacus3
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Levine
Island Queen
Océane
GwrChurchward
Troyal1
JPMalcolmDilo
Lost
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:45 pm

It was worse than I expected, to put it efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Island Queen wrote:
I enjoyed it (like I mentioned before, I pay no attention to critics, since I like to make up my own mind, regardless of what anybody else thinks). It may not be as good as the original, but it's still an enjoyable movie, and like Dream Master said in an earlier post, it felt like Independence Day to me. I saw it in RealD 3D in our UltraAVX theater (which has reserved seating) on Friday at the 7:10 p.m. showing. There were about 30 people in the theater (give or take), so I'm glad not everyone (including myself) is listening to the critics. People are so fussy nowadays (though I'm not, at least not in this sense) and don't know how to accept a movie as it is and have fun with it. Kind of sad, really. Since I enjoyed it, I'm planning to go again in between Thursday and Sunday (which is the closest I can get to Independence Day, since I didn't even see the original in theaters until closer to my birthday, which is about three weeks later). Very Happy

Glad you enjoyed it Smile

I can't wait to see this movie for myself, I can't believe it's that bad, I mean how bad can a movie about invading aliens be? It's an Independence Day movie, it's gotta be enjoyable on some level.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 2:03 pm

I'll watch it when it's release on bluray.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced the home video release of INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE, arriving on Digital HD on September 27th and on 4K Ultra HD Disc, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD on October 18th. Head inside for the details!

Twenty years after mysterious aliens nearly wiped out humankind, they’re back with a vengeance in this explosive sequel to the original blockbuster hit, INDEPENDENCE DAY! Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth developed a vast defense program to protect the planet, led by Jeff Goldblum, returning as brilliant scientist David Levinson. But nothing could prepare us for a new invasion of unprecedented scale—and only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can save our world from extinction. Co-starring Liam Hemsworth and Jesse T. Usher alongside returning fan favorites Bill Pullman and Brent Spiner, INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE is an action-packed thrill ride from start to finish!

Amazing special features include eight deleted scenes, a featurette on “The War of 1996,” the morning show parody “It’s Early, ABQ” featuring Jeff Goldblum, Judd Hirsch and Liam Hemsworth, a gag reel, audio commentary from Roland Emmerich, the documentary “Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence and more.

Independence Day: Resurgence Special Features (Available on All Formats):

•Eight Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
•The War of 1996
•It’s Early, ABQ!
•Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence (available as Digital HD Extra on DVD only)
•Gag Reel
•Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
•Concept Art
•Theatrical Trailers and TV Spot

Though it's still playing in my neck of the woods, the showing is too early (it has to be in between 3:30 - 7:30, otherwise it's either too early or too late), so I'll have to wait until the Blu-ray comes out to see it again (seen it a total of six times, which is the same as BoFA, but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose to watch Resurgence again, since although I don't like the fact that the aliens lost, yet again, but at least it doesn't make me cry my eyes out). Smile

This is the version I'll be getting:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Independence-Day-Resurgence-3D-Blu-ray/158723/

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Not that I ever loved the original, you know with it's overly patriotic themes and typical headache inducing Emmerich traits, but it was still iconic film that even has it's moments when watched today. It's alright, nostalgia or no nostalgia. This sequel however was garbage. I guess in this day and age you have to appreciate that it was just sequel, and not reboot or soft reboot, but regardless I hated everything else about it. It made Jurassic World and Force Awakens seem like masterpieces of resurrection in comparison, as much as it hates for me to say it. Idiotic plot, idiotic characters, idiotic battles. Even freaking "2012" had more going for it. In my books the only more infuriating sequel of the past few years has been Star Trek Into Darkness, which while technically more competent was downright insulting with it's conveyor belt "references", "callbacks" and "role reversals". At least ID4 didn't have 50 years of history to ruin like Star Trek did.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:31 pm

With ID4: Resurgence, I had little interest in a sequel to begin with, and the trailer turned me off even further. Nothing seemed interesting enough to warrant a watch, the cast looked completely wooden, and the entire film seemed to be going for an off-putting Transformers kind of aesthetic, and given Emmerich's track record in the past ten to sixteen years there wasn't a chance it was going to be anything like the original. While neither The Force Awakens nor Jurassic World are perfect by any stretch, they were at least legitimate extensions of their respective franchises.

I know I already brought it up on an earlier topic a few months back, but I do think it bears revisiting. Especially since ID4: Resurgence bombed so badly while Jurassic World practically resurrected the long dormant dinosaur franchise. Clearly nostalgia, even when its used as a hook for audiences, has its limits.

Independence Day: Resurgence vs Jurassic World

Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence   Independence Day: Resurgence - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence Day: Resurgence
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: