Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?

Go down 
+11
Megatronus Rex
Oliphaunt
owenpratt
Tyrant Lizard
Aegyptiacus3
Dead2009
Megaspino2
Spinosaur4.4
BarrytheOnyx
Troodon_formosus
Rhedosaurus
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Empty
PostSubject: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 pm

I saw Jurassic World again and I noticed something. When Indominus swatted Blue away, Blue hit the concrete pillar, or whatever it was, with enough force to chip a piece of it away. That is enough force to break ribs, cause internal bleeding, and rupture at least one organ.

It's at 1:23-1:25 in this You Tube video.

Does anybody think that Blue was mortally wounded by that impact? If so, then after the final battle, does anybody think it possible that Rexy sensed that Blue wouldn't live long and let her die with dignity? It's not unusual for for some animals to know if others are dying. There have been instances of dogs and cats sensing when people will die so I don't think it's farfetched that Rexy knew that Blue didn't have much time left to live.

Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Blue was very severely wounded, for sure. She was running on pure adrenaline at that point, and it's not impossible that she might be dead by now. I don't think that Rexy would have recognized this, though. I think Rexy was tired. She was held in captivity for nearly all her life, and then, in her twilight years, somebody lets her into the open again, and in doing so she fights to save Isla Nublar. At the end of that battle, and I don't exaggerate when I say she saved the life of every living thing on that island, she wasn't up to fight any more.

She might not have known that Blue could be mortally injured, but she did know that she wasn't long for the world. Tyrannosaurs live to be around thirty years old, tops, and she's around 25. She didn't want to fight any more. She just wanted to watch the sunrise, feel the wind on her back, and know that she had her island again. Fighting random dinosaurs wouldn't make her happy in these last years of her life. Freedom would make her happy. And that's what she gets.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Troodon_formosus wrote:
She was held in captivity for nearly all her life, and then, in her twilight years, somebody lets her into the open again, and in doing so she fights to save Isla Nublar. At the end of that battle, and I don't exaggerate when I say she saved the life of every living thing on that island, she wasn't up to fight any more.

She might not have known that Blue could be mortally injured, but she did know that she wasn't long for the world. Tyrannosaurs live to be around thirty years old, tops, and she's around 25. She didn't want to fight any more. She just wanted to watch the sunrise, feel the wind on her back, and know that she had her island again. Fighting random dinosaurs wouldn't make her happy in these last years of her life. Freedom would make her happy. And that's what she gets.

Being in captivity probably extended Rexy's lifespan. Captive animals, except for great white sharks, usually live much longer then most of their wild brethren. That and given how she had accelerated aging she most likely can live on to 40's. That being said, I wouldn't count out the fight taking a few years off Rexy's expanded lifespan.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 pm

I think on a purely logical standpoint, Blue should have died when she was thrown into the pillar. When I first saw it, I was fully convinced she was dead. That of course made her reveal and coming to Rexy's aid, just when I feared that the I.rex was going to kill her, all the more surprising. At most I can say that the new Raptor pack is more robust than the raptor packs in the prior three films, and Blue was injured but not to the point of being permanently incapacitated otherwise there is no way she could fight. If she had her spine broken, she would be killed instantly, never mind being unable to get up and fight. Broken ribs or limbs would be fatal injury and keep her from joining the fight or running off into the jungle. Even assuming she sustained relatively non-fatal wounds and had an adrenaline rush in the battle, that basically means she's in pretty bad shape after the battle, especially with no surviving pack members.

Its always annoyed me how people fixated on that little moment between Blue and Rexy as some silent form of gratitude and friendship, followed by a "We cool blud? We cool!" I always saw it a moment of asserting her dominance; when Rexy looks at Blue she chirrups fearfully and shows signs of submission and Rexy, who was just beaten within an inch of her life had no desire to keep fighting. She was scratched up and she looked exhausted, in addition to being old for a member of her species this fight probably took a lot out of her. I also agree with Troodon _formosus; in fighting the Indominus to the death, Rexy saved every human and dinosaur life on the island.

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 pm

To be honest, Blue should have died when I.rex threw her in the wall, but since she was pivotal for the ending, she needed to survive so that's what happened. I think she survived, in the end.

I always think Rexy didn't attack Blue bc she was hurt and tired from fighting I.rex, and we can see Blue takes a step back when Rexy face her like "hey, you're big and I don't want to fight you". So Rexy get's that "body language" and see that Blue isn't a threat for her like I.rex, so she goes away. Pretty much what mostly happened when carnivores faced each other.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

To be fair a lot of what happens in JW happens out of plot convenience. Blue really should have died; the force of the impact alone would probably have been enough to kill her but as people have stated she was needed so she was kept alive. I'm pretty sure the last look between rexy and blue was probably meant to be a mutual respect for each other or a "friendly goodbye" by the filmmakers. It comes off as a bit cheesy but clearly rexy was finished after that fight and hadn't the strength to deal with blue.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:11 am

I'd like to think it was the other way around. Blue sensed that Rexy was on the verge of meeting her demise so she came to save the day.

Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 am

Realistically she should have died. That amount of force would have definitely broken bones/crushed internal organs. But whatever works for the plot, she survived.

Heck, the Indominus should have had its skull cracked/broken when it was hit in the head by the Ankylosaurus club.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:22 am

Although it is very likely that Blue succumb to her injuries, I doubt that played into Rexy's decision to leave her be. Rexy herself was beat to sh*t, exhausted, and (for the first time in years) free. We need to keep in mind that a T. rex is an animal, not a ruthless killing machine. At that point she simply wanted to escape the place that had imprisoned her for years and rest.

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 am

Dead2009 wrote:
I'd like to think it was the other way around. Blue sensed that Rexy was on the verge of meeting her demise so she came to save the day.
I'm not sure that Blue would have reason to come to the rescue of this random animal she just became aware of and has no connection to. I think it's more likely that she, having had to watch her sisters die while stunned from the initial attack, was out for blood in vengeance of her sisters. Compare her reaction to when Charlie was killed.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:32 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
To be honest, Blue should have died when I.rex threw her in the wall, but since she was pivotal for the ending, she needed to survive so that's what happened. I think she survived, in the end.

I always think Rexy didn't attack Blue bc she was hurt and tired from fighting I.rex, and we can see Blue takes a step back when Rexy face her like "hey, you're big and I don't want to fight you". So Rexy get's that "body language" and see that Blue isn't a threat for her like I.rex, so she goes away. Pretty much what mostly happened when carnivores faced each other.

I agree with this

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Oliphaunt
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 am

Troodon_formosus wrote:
Blue was very severely wounded, for sure. She was running on pure adrenaline at that point, and it's not impossible that she might be dead by now. I don't think that Rexy would have recognized this, though. I think Rexy was tired. She was held in captivity for nearly all her life, and then, in her twilight years, somebody lets her into the open again, and in doing so she fights to save Isla Nublar. At the end of that battle, and I don't exaggerate when I say she saved the life of every living thing on that island, she wasn't up to fight any more.

Unless this is stated in some canon source, 30 years isn't the maximum lifespan of a T.rex. We don't know how old they could get, only Sue is skeletally mature, and she wasn't really senile. The speculation that she had died of old age is fairly unfounded.

-Cope (M) Brontosaurus excelsus
-Hook (F): Suchomimus tenerensis
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Oliphaunt wrote:
Troodon_formosus wrote:

Unless this is stated in some canon source, 30 years isn't the maximum lifespan of a T.rex. We don't know how old they could get, only Sue is skeletally mature, and she wasn't really senile. The speculation that she had died of old age is fairly unfounded.

Since it's a T.rex, I can predict ppl saying "it could live 200 years".

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Didn't the crew basically say Rexy was on her last leg? It's obvious she wasn't the prime beast of JP1 when she fought the Indominus.

Anyway, Blue should have died instantly when she hit that pillar, but this is JP, so she's probably more durable than she should be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:59 pm

[quote="Spinosaur4.4"]
Oliphaunt wrote:

Since it's a T.rex, I can predict ppl saying "it could live 200 years".
I say about Tortoise lifespan(100-ish) If it had zero negative interaction with other animals. But in a realistic situation, I give Rexy 40-50 years.

Anyways, yes. I say that Blue is most likely dead now. Probably 7 months ago tomorrow, if her injuries were bad enough. Even if her injuries weren't fatal, she would have no pack members.

Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:54 pm

From what I can find, most birds of prey live for 10-30 years, but the larger crocodilians can live for 70-100 years. I would assume that theropods are more birdlike than they are crocodilian, so 30 years sounds all right to me. That, and the fact that we haven't ever found evidence of tyrannosaurs living to be a hundred, or anywhere near that.

Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Troodon_formosus wrote:
From what I can find, most birds of prey live for 10-30 years, but the larger crocodilians can live for 70-100 years. I would assume that theropods are more birdlike than they are crocodilian, so 30 years sounds all right to me. That, and the fact that we haven't ever found evidence of tyrannosaurs living to be a hundred, or anywhere near that.
That's what I based my assumption on, that they had similar lifespans to current birds of prey. It fits with the general idea during production of Rexy being an older girl this time around and having to basically come out of retirement to keep her habitat safe. That and she's visibly older.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 11:40 pm

The injury Blue suffered probably should have killed her, but this is a JP movie. She's probably a spiritual relative of Timmy from JP and refuses to die or suffer much permanent damage from her injuries Razz

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 am

Also, judging by how she runs in the end, she's totally fine

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't really think she died of her injuries. The other raptors are all either dead or dying though. And their injuries are such that I don't think they really can recover...Blue though, she was the least damaged of any of them, and in the fight with Indy she mostly avoided getting hurt once the Rex showed up.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 6:21 am

owenpratt wrote:
Also, judging by how she runs in the end, she's totally fine

My thoughts as well. If she was mortally wounded, she wouldn't have run off like she did in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?    Could Blue have died from internal injuries?  If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could Blue have died from internal injuries? If so, did Rexy sense that Blue was dying?
Page 1 of 1