Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:30 pm

yeah, i agree on the whole mask thing. i still like to make a point of forging a special suit of armor with a full-cover helmet when i infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy--in my current run, i used chitin armor

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:06 pm

I originally used Dark Brotherhood armor until I found the rough leather armor and face masks of Skyrim.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 am

Anyone take advantage of the Xbox summer sale? Bought WWE 2K16, Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell for $40.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 am

I still got my old Pokemon Blue and Gold and I got Sliver and Red at the flea market last year so I don't need to risk getting fired or walking into an oncoming semi-truck for playing Pokemon Go. Razz

Meanwhile, Konami is still floating around with another Metal Gear Solid game. This is definitely a response to how they basically re-released Metal Gear Solid 3 as a pachinko machine which made a lot of their fans mad.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:56 am

Nintendo's NES Returning With Mini Version, Includes These 30 Games

Quote :

In a surprise announcement today, Nintendo revealed that the NES--which was originally released in the 1980s--is returning to stores. This is not a joke.

The NES Classic Edition will launch on November 11 with 30 bundled games. As you can see in the image below, it's very, very small. Take a look:

The NES Classic Edition will cost $60. It plugs directly into your TV using an included HDMI cable. As for the games, there are 30 in all, including classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and Kirby's Adventure (full list below).

Nintendo also confirmed that each game has multiple suspend points, allowing players to pick up where they left off if they need to step away for any reason.

It also comes with an AC adapter. In the UK, Nintendo warns, "An AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

Also included in the package is one NES controller, featuring a design modeled after the original NES pad. Some games support two players, and Nintendo will sell extra controllers for $10. Additionally, Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro controllers can be used.

What's more, the NES Classic Controller, when connected to a Wii Remote, can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on Wii U or Wii.

"We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo's original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place," Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said in a statement. "

NES Classic Edition Games:

Balloon Figh
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts N Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:25 pm

interesting. i'll have to go out and get this once i have money (after Ark and maybe Lego JP, of course). i hope they do this for the SNES, too.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 5:20 am

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:46 am

called it! sorta Razz i've been guessing since Arkham City that a future game in the series would be called Arkham Underworld, thought i'd been guessing that it would be a traditional Arkham game set in the Batman Beyond era

as it is, tbph, this doesn't look very good

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 11:59 am

SEGA Announces Two New Sonic the Hedgehog Games For 2017

Quote :

Coming Soon reports that SEGA held a 25th anniversary celebration at the San Diego Comic Con last night for Sonic the Hedgehog. They followed that up today with the reveal of two new games.

The first is Sonic Mania, which is a new 2D platform game with “nostalgic pixel-style art” and “core classic gameplay”. It will reimagine classic Zones and Acts from Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic CD and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. It will also feature all-new Acts, Zones and bosses. The game was developed by SEGA of America with PagodaWest Games, Christian Whitehead and Simon Thomley. It will be released digitally on the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC in Spring 2017.

Sonic Team Head Takashi Iizuka said: “Sonic Mania was born out of our fans’ love of the classic Sonic 2D platform games. This type of collaboration is a first for SEGA and we hope everyone will be both surprised and delighted by this title. Sonic Mania has been a passion project for the entire team and we look forward to sharing more details about it later this year. Having the game actually playable at the event itself tonight was testament to the dedication of the team behind it.”

The other game is a currently untitled creation from Sonic Team, who also developed Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. It will be released in retail and digital stores for Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo NX at Holiday 2017.

Sonic Pillar Chief Brand Officer and SVP of Sega of America Ivo Gerscovich said: “Today brought thousands of fans together from all over the world to get a look at all the facets of our beloved Sonic the Hedgehog from his foundation in video games to music, TV, mobile, toys, fashion and beyond. This is only the beginning for Sonic and we’re happy our fans were here to celebrate this exciting new direction.”

But wait, there’s more! SEGA also revealed that the mobile game Sonic Dash has been downloaded over 200 million times. There will be new in-game event that includes the Green Hill Zone and Classic Sonic as a playable character. It will last for a week, but once the classic content is unlocked, players can continue to use it after the event is over. The game is free to play with optional in-app purchases. It’s available on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Underground, and Windows Phones.

Finally, SEGA announced that Sonic Boom, the animated series that airs in over 100 countries, was renewed for a second season. The next game in that franchise, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, will arrive on September 27 in the US and September 30 in Europe for the Nintendo 3DS.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 12:57 pm

i don't think Sonic translates very well to Lego....

on my own part, i more or less finished my Imperial-sided run on Skyrim--i honestly just wanted to see how that particular one ends up and i much prefer the changes to Whiterun from there as opposed to the Stormcloak line, though i'll be going back to my Stormcloak character eventually

in the time since, i've been playing Space Marine, and finally started a run on the highest difficulty, doing two in a row. after this run, i think i'll be getting back to Assassin's Creed, hopefully getting along to second runs on Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate after

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 2:39 pm

'Xboy' Handheld Was Considered, Says Former XBOX Exec

Quote :

During the early days of Xbox, Microsoft considered competing in the portable space with a dedicated gaming handheld of its own, but ultimately scrapped the project.

Former Chief Xbox Officer Robbie Bach recently stopped by the IGN office and discussed the company's early plans for a handheld (often referred to as "Xboy") on the latest episode of IGN Unfiltered (airing next Tuesday), saying that while he doesn't remember it ever getting to the prototype stage, "there were definitely drawings."

In fact, plans for "Xboy" came up as a project "multiple times" at Microsoft, with Bach noting that "it wasn’t always called Xboy," though, the hypothetical handheld was always called "X something." While the company felt as though they needed to "play in that part of the ecosystem," he said the device never came to fruition "because we just couldn’t focus. We just did not have the bandwidth."

Fortunately for Microsoft, the decision to focus all its efforts on the console market worked in its favor, as smartphones soon took over the mobile scene. "For us it was a focus issue and as it turned out strategically it was a smart decision, but that’s somewhat accidental," Bach said.

In hindsight, the former Xbox boss believes he was proven correct in that "focusing on 360 was absolutely the right thing to do," but also "lucky" because smartphones took over that marketplace.

Microsoft almost called the Xbox 360 the "Xbox 3"

Quote :

While Microsoft ended up naming its second console Xbox 360, the company considered other options, including Xbox 3.

"Certainly Xbox 3 was actually on the list because, well, you’ve gotta catch up," former Chief Xbox Officer Robbie Bach said on the latest episode of IGN Unfiltered. "You don’t want to be Xbox 2 compared to PlayStation 3. We actually talked about that," he added.

"You don’t want to feel like you’re a generation behind, so why not skip?" he continued, noting that "Microsoft has a long history of skipping numbers," citing the jump from Windows 8 to Windows 10 as a prime example.

Sega Genesis Classic Edition announced

Quote :

Shipping in October (at least in the U.K.) and containing a whopping 80 games, the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Classic Game Console looks exactly like a shot fired over Nintendo's bow, a reminder of the classic console wars during which the companies found themselves in a constant state of one-upmanship. Yet SEGA's upcoming creation will more likely serve as a contrast to better underscore the value and merit of Nintendo's retro device.

Based on the descriptive text at U.K. retailer Smyths Toys' website, this "new" device is little more than the latest iteration of the Genesis clone consoles a Chinese manufacturer called At Games has been issuing in different formats for the past few years. Unfortunately, they're anything but a nostalgic home run.

In principle, these SEGA reissues should be much better than Nintendo's upcoming offering, including more built-on games and a functioning cartridge slot to allow players to use their original Genesis games. In practice, they're shoddy: Rather than incorporating original Genesis hardware — despite the cartridge slot — they run on mediocre emulators that don't offer full compatibility with cartridges. Inexplicably, they don't even offer save support for carts that include battery backup (so please enjoy completing Phantasy Star II in a single sitting). They also provide standard-definition video out via composite cables, the worst possible way to view games on modern TVs — assuming, that is, your TV isn't so modern that it no longer supports a composite signal. And the systems' sound quality calls into question the word "quality," with familiar tunes like Sonic's "Green Hill Zone" sounding more like the flatulent final expulsion of a dying robot. Meanwhile, Nintendo's Classic Mini: NES offers high-definition visuals over HDMI and is almost certain to support full game saves. While it doesn't offer any way to play games beyond the 30 announced titles, one questions the value of playing a vast library of badly rendered, ear-shattering, incompletely supported games. Is that really a superior experience to playing a handful of well-curated and nicely presented classics? (Spoilers: No.)

Oh, and it's probably worth mentioning that only half of the 80 included games are legitimate Genesis classics; the other 40 titles are cheap-looking shovelware with enticing names like "Cross the Road," "Snake," "Sudoku Quiz," and "Jack's Pea."

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 5:23 am

I has PS4 now so my PSN is Deadd2009, add away!

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Bought Telltale Batman and Driveclub yesterday. Wooooo.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Already had someone ask me to buy them Driveclub during a Twitch stream this morning. No, I'm not buying you Driveclub, lol.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I has PS4 now so my PSN is Deadd2009, add away!
sent you a request as "fishels". Welcome to PlayStation nation!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 am

Ill go and check when I get back on from the controller charging, lol

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

As a Metal Gear fan, I'm not against a game that concerns dealing with an alternate reality. The Metal Gear Universe is so full of ret-cons, what-ifs, and if-onlys, that quite frankly, it's one of those rare game series that was begging for such a thing to happen.

That being said, I do NOT like how Konami went about with the idea. They would have been better off making Metal Gear Solid 6 and have it concern The Boss and her involvement in WW2 or be a direct sequel to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain where you follow Venom Snake again.

I'm part of a big Metal Gear fan club on Facebook and most of the people there are furious and will not consider it a Metal Gear game.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 am

So regarding that MGS game, as someone who isn't that big an MG fan, it looks pretty bad still. However (and correct me if I'm wrong, because it's possible something has come out since I was online earlier), I wonder if Kojima hasn't made a comment yet because he had some involvement in this. Not like he developed everything, or was a major player, given his exit from Konami, but if it was something he started and then he was let go and Konami decided to move it along without him. Would be funny to me if this happened, because then all the people that are furious would have to acknowledge Kojima had something to do with this.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 1:19 pm

all i've seen even resembling an official comment from Kojima was from a fake Twitter account that said, simply, "@Konami: Stop."

Kojima's a professional--my bet is that he's planning to wait until it actually comes out before passing judgment. he probably has too much respect for himself and for Metal Gear as a whole to immediately go for the internet douchebag routine of passing judgment before you even see the whole thing (for example, on another board i frequent, the main thread about BvS was literally titled "Batman vs. Superman is a flop". not "What if BvS is a flop?" as a question, "BvS is a flop" as an objective statement, months before it came out)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
So regarding that MGS game, as someone who isn't that big an MG fan, it looks pretty bad still. However (and correct me if I'm wrong, because it's possible something has come out since I was online earlier), I wonder if Kojima hasn't made a comment yet because he had some involvement in this. Not like he developed everything, or was a major player, given his exit from Konami, but if it was something he started and then he was let go and Konami decided to move it along without him. Would be funny to me if this happened, because then all the people that are furious would have to acknowledge Kojima had something to do with this.  

I think that Kojima was too busy making MGS: V to do something like this. And even if he did, given Konami's lately, his vision was probably so warped by the company that any blame he would get would be nullified. I don't doubt that he might of wanted to do a spin-off of some sort. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a spin-off with Raiden and that was received quite well with Metal Gear fans. But I'm not sure if he'd want to merge the Metal Gear franchise with the Silent Hill franchise, which is what this game looks like.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Well if Kojima was planning on dabbling in the Silent Hill franchise I could see him trying a crossover to see if it would work.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 pm

i've said it before, but i think if we see anything in the direction of his old titles from Kojima now that he's left Konami, it'll be in-name-only spiritual successors--for example, the way i see it, Death Stranding is probably gonna be the final realization of what would have been Silent Hills, since it's being made by him and Reedus is back for it and everything

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

I think that Kojima was too busy making MGS: V to do something like this. And even if he did, given Konami's lately, his vision was probably so warped by the company that any blame he would get would be nullified. I don't doubt that he might of wanted to do a spin-off of some sort. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a spin-off with Raiden and that was received quite well with Metal Gear fans. But I'm not sure if he'd want to merge the Metal Gear franchise with the Silent Hill franchise, which is what this game looks like.

Not to start any sort of argument, but as a huge SH fan myself, it really doesn't look anything like Silent Hill. I'd liken it more to Left 4 Dead, or the more modern Resident Evil entries. Even the alternate universe scenario deviates quite a bit from how Silent Hill's otherworld works.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 6:51 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Not to start any sort of argument, but as a huge SH fan myself, it really doesn't look anything like Silent Hill. I'd liken it more to Left 4 Dead, or the more modern Resident Evil entries. Even the alternate universe scenario deviates quite a bit from how Silent Hill's otherworld works.

You're the big Silent Hill fan, so I'll take your word for it.

It looks like the idea may have been Kojima's after all. I still think that Konami warped his vision beyond what he wanted though.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 10:10 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

You're the big Silent Hill fan, so I'll take your word for it.

It looks likethe idea may have been Kojima's after all. I still think that Konami warped his vision beyond what he wanted though.

The designs seem more Left 4 Dead/ later Resident Evil as well.

I'd say it's 50/50 on Kojima though, anywhere from Konami heard this idea, and like you said twisted it, or that he did have early involvement before everything fell apart and then moved forward, which would probably still mean it was 80% more Konami than Kojima. Maybe it's just my hope of something good coming out of all of it someday, but I was at least hoping Konami would throw around the ideas from Silent Hills into something decent. Instead their throwing out this weird MGS spin-off just to get another MGS game out there, but when Silent Hills actually had traction, and was looking to return the series to something great after several lackluster sequels, Konami has decided to continue to ignore the series. Guess they've gotta keep that pachinko money going.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:16 pm

Sony Confirms PSNow Coming To PC, Along With USB Controller Adapter

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 7:53 pm

There is no way Kojima had any part of this. He barely finished MGS 5, worked on P.T. And then was starting silent hill. He then was sent on a long vacation until he was let go. That whole time he was working on his Death stranding ideas so he'd have a new project ready when he finally got let go. There wasn't any time for him to be feasibly involved with this IMO. So many projects and he knew he was leaving Konami after MGS5. He was literally sent away from the office the last 6 months of his "career".

This is just Konami being Konami. And it's just the beginning. Wouldn't be suprised to see a bizarre silent hill game next lol.

So depressing

Edit: also I hope this post didn't come off as aggressive. Metal Gear S had me in a bad mood and I personally think there is too much evidence that Kojima was probably never involved Smile
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 9:51 am

Anyone body tried out No Man's Sky? I hear the reception has been really lukeworm.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next