Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 The Official Video Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:24 pm

not everyone likes emulators Wink i plan on getting one of these eventually, maybe putting it on my Christmas list

separately from that, i've finally started my second run on Assassin's Creed Rogue--i've put it off for two years because the story is just so heavy and depressing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Actually plenty of people use emulators solely for all the obscure games you cant really find on consoles. Eventually there will be consoles that do nothing but emulate past games.

Also, recently jumped on the Xbox One bandwagon the other day and now I own all 3 systems from this current generation.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
avatar

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Luna Nova

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 pm

I've been obsessing over Battlefield 1 for the past month, and Pokemon Sun and Moon come out Friday, which just so happens to be the day my Thanksgiving break from school begins. Perfect timing to drown my troubles away with a Pokemon adventure!

_______________
"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Welcome to Jurassic Mainframe. Read the rules, check out the chatroom, and contribute!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:36 pm

There's a free weekend for Elder Scrolls Online and Overwatch this weekend if anyone is interested.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Paul W.S. Anderson, the director of the first Mortal Kombat movie and the Resident Evil movie franchise is going to make a movie adaptation of 'Monster Hunter'.

At this point...why not? At this point, he's already become the most successful director of video game movies so, might as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 pm

According to this, in the last 6 months of developing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Hideo Kojima was banned from talking to is own staff.

You know.....As someone who from the age of 14, grew up with the Metal Gear franchise, I really can't help but wonder in Konami WANTS to commit suicide. First it was the death of the Command & Conquer franchise via C&C 4 via EA Games(To be fair, the Generals series, C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, and Red Alert 3 were and are still good games) and now this...

Such a crying shame...And people think that the American Sony movie division sucks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 pm

So The Last of Us Part 2 revealed today at PSX + Crash Bandicoot remaster trailer, I'm so excited for both those games! I love them, Crash was my childhood hero and TLOU is just great! I got a PS3 and the first game I got was TLOU and I'm just blow away! I need a PS4 ASAP! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm

i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile

I got a copy of Remastered for $10 on Black Friday.

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 am

i'll have to check my local GameStops and see if there's a copy for that cheap lying around (gotta remember to conserve my money, though--Christmas presents to buy Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
So The Last of Us Part 2 revealed today at PSX + Crash Bandicoot remaster trailer, I'm so excited for both those games! I love them, Crash was my childhood hero and TLOU is just great! I got a PS3 and the first game I got was TLOU and I'm just blow away! I need a PS4 ASAP! Very Happy

I remember Crash Team Racing and it was one of the few Crash Bandicoot games I owned. It was a great game.

Does this mean that the Spyro games will eventually also be remastered as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I woke up and still can't belive this is happening. Crash is back again. After so many years waiting. I saw the gameplay of the demo and the intro footage and it's just perfect! It's a dream coming true! He looks exactly like the original, basically the original in HD version. This brings me so much joy to my life!!

CTR should be included too, maybe they'll do a remaster of it after this one, CTR is great, my favorite kart game! I grew up with it!

Everything looks so perfect! And they just showed the first game, can't wait to see the 2 other ones!

I'm sure if this remaster sells well, we'll get a new Crash game and maybe Spyro games remastered too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Even though I'd like the Spyro games remastered, I'd like to see a soft/semi-reboot where you play an older, high school age Spyro. Give him more powers like the ability to fly, for at least short periods of time since he's not quite full grown. Make him larger. Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile

I got a copy of Remastered for $10 on Black Friday.

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

I had to deal with that crowd on sunday morning, never again.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile

I got a copy of Remastered for $10 on Black Friday.

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

I had to deal with that crowd on sunday morning, never again.

That where you work? Sorry to hear dude. I am always respectful to those working, but people in our line broke out into verbal fights, and the manager who was equally an asshole called police to monitor the store. He also split the line between Hatchimals and NES, when some people wanted both. Other stores allowed one of each but because of said manager, he wouldn't let anyone get one of each, just one of something. I was first in the NES line though, so I did get mine.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:49 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile

I got a copy of Remastered for $10 on Black Friday.

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

I had to deal with that crowd on sunday morning, never again.

That where you work? Sorry to hear dude. I am always respectful to those working, but people in our line broke out into verbal fights, and the manager who was equally an asshole called police to monitor the store. He also split the line between Hatchimals and NES, when some people wanted both. Other stores allowed one of each but because of said manager, he wouldn't let anyone get one of each, just one of something. I was first in the NES line though, so I did get mine.
i always try to be polite and respectful, too, even considering that i curse casually. sounds like this was more a case of piss-poor management across the board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

After playing GTA V frequently, I decided to do a throwback and played GTA IV along with the two dlc stories. I also got back to finishing Arkham Origins a few months back.

Going through my second playthrough of Uncharted 4 as well. I haven't played a Crash game since my first PS was still working (CB3 Warped) so the easter egg was great and now I'm actually looking forward to the remastered game. I'd also like to see Spyro given the same treatment. After so many years, it was great being able to play the first game thanks to the PS store having the original 3 for download. I enjoyed the reboot series but Spyro did feel reduced to an Avatar-esque melee game character removed from his roots.

Still wishing my PS2 would read the disk and memory cards. Lots of nostalgia to be had there. :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Prowler wrote:
I haven't played a Crash game since my first PS was still working (CB3 Warped) so the easter egg was great and now I'm actually looking forward to the remastered game. I'd also like to see Spyro given the same treatment. After so many years, it was great being able to play the first game thanks to the PS store having the original 3 for download. I enjoyed the reboot series but Spyro did feel reduced to an Avatar-esque melee game character removed from his roots.

Still wishing my PS2 would read the disk and memory cards. Lots of nostalgia to be had there. :\

Even though my PS2 still works, I'm actually planning to download the original Metal Gear Solid and maybe a few other old games myself someday. I do miss how Spyro has been reduced since the mid 2000's. I just really believe it's time that he gets rebooted.

Altered Beast and Streets of Rage will be made adapted for television and film.

This has fail written all over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:07 pm

It looks like the Uncharted movie won't have Mark Wahlberg as Nathen Drake.

Even though I can see him playing the part really well, at the same time I didn't think he'd do this. With that said, I don't think that Liam Hemsworth is a serious choice. Sorry, but he doesn't have the talent of his big bro, Chris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Just played through Pokémon: Sun.

Easily the best original game since Ruby/Sapphire. Upped the difficulty after the cakewalk that was gen 6, and introduced some pretty awesome story elements as well.

Fantastic game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Is it sad that Im addicted to Rocket League?

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Just played through Pokémon: Sun.

Easily the best original game since Ruby/Sapphire. Upped the difficulty after the cakewalk that was gen 6, and introduced some pretty awesome story elements as well.

Fantastic game.

I still have my old Pokémon Blue and Gold games and I got Red and Silver from the flea market. I play my Blue and Gold games and often 'modify' my Blue Pokémon by trading them to my Gold game and teach them TM's and in a few cases HM's that they can't learn in Blue. An example is teaching my Charizard from Blue the Fly HM in Gold and sending it back to Blue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-11-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I woke up and still can't belive this is happening. Crash is back again. After so many years waiting. I saw the gameplay of the demo and the intro footage and it's just perfect! It's a dream coming true! He looks exactly like the original, basically the original in HD version. This brings me so much joy to my life!!
Seeing Crash back in action has to be a sign of good things to come....hopefully we'll get a remastered Crash Bash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:23 pm

The movie has grossed just under $36.7 million dollars...

Coming out when Rouge One was dominating the movie theaters only made things much, much worse.

Box office bomb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:59 pm

The Adventure Time producer basically confirms a Castlevania TV series.

I actually can see this working since video game TV shows have been far more successful then video game movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Its gonna be on Nick so it has to be good, right?

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Its gonna be on Nick so it has to be good, right?

It's at least going to be faithful or entertaining.

Thanks to a good oversees market, the Assassin's Creed movie has made $148 million.

It looks like it's going to be like 'Battleship' was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm

I've been playing the 2013 Game Of The Year version of Tomb Raider. It the first time I've truly played a Tomb Raider game (I tried playing the second TR game in the late 90's but I never got anywhere and it was just for a minute or so.) and although it's different, I like what I'm playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:57 pm

i played through The Last Guardian recently, finished it just yesterday and OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!

in other news, i started on Arkham Origins today. i already mentioned this in the DC Comics thread where i said Deathstroke was pain, but i've beaten him since then Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i played through The Last Guardian recently, finished it just yesterday and OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!

in other news, i started on Arkham Origins today. i already mentioned this in the DC Comics thread where i said Deathstroke was pain, but i've beaten him since then Wink

I heard that game isn't as good as the first 2 Arkham games. Is that really true, because I love AC. That is my favorite Batman game and favorite superhero game of all time. I like AA, but not as much as AC, since I got that one first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:43 pm

I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Dragon Age: Origins (and even Dragon Age II, an inferior game). I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition because I had already moved to university by then and had all but left behind video games. Origins became my favourite video game of all time, and I can honestly say it changed my life to the point that I wanted to become an author. When I finish my Master's Degree and hopefully move house, I'm ready to get back into the series and pick up where I left off in the first sequel.

I also want to try out the Arkham game series, the Uncharted series, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and any dinosaur games with decent enough reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Dragon Age: Origins (and even Dragon Age II, an inferior game). I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition because I had already moved to university by then and had all but left behind video games. Origins became my favourite video game of all time, and I can honestly say it changed my life to the point that I wanted to become an author. When I finish my Master's Degree and hopefully move house, I'm ready to get back into the series and pick up where I left off in the first sequel.

I also want to try out the Arkham game series, the Uncharted series, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and any dinosaur games with decent enough reviews.

If you want to try the Arkham series then try to get Arkham City first, since that's considered the best game of the series. Chronologically, Arkham Asylum is the first game, but with AC, it fills in the gaps if you haven't played AA via the bios. That and the storyline is wonderful. The music is amazing. Characters are incredible. It's like the video game version of the 1990's cartoons, yet somehow better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

If you want to try the Arkham series then try to get Arkham City first, since that's considered the best game of the series. Chronologically, Arkham Asylum is the first game, but with AC, it fills in the gaps if you haven't played AA via the bios. That and the storyline is wonderful. The music is amazing. Characters are incredible. It's like the video game version of the 1990's cartoons, yet somehow better.

I'll remember that! Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Dragon Age: Origins (and even Dragon Age II, an inferior game). I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition because I had already moved to university by then and had all but left behind video games. Origins became my favourite video game of all time, and I can honestly say it changed my life to the point that I wanted to become an author. When I finish my Master's Degree and hopefully move house, I'm ready to get back into the series and pick up where I left off in the first sequel.

I also want to try out the Arkham game series, the Uncharted series, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and any dinosaur games with decent enough reviews.

If you want to try the Arkham series then try to get Arkham City first, since that's considered the best game of the series. Chronologically, Arkham Asylum is the first game, but with AC, it fills in the gaps if you haven't played AA via the bios. That and the storyline is wonderful. The music is amazing. Characters are incredible. It's like the video game version of the 1990's cartoons, yet somehow better.

Well don't forget Arkham Origins exists too. While it has some technical problems, it's not a bad game. Some people don't like to include it because it was developed by a seperate studio, but Rocksteady did include references to it in Arkham Knight, and that's enough for me to consider it a part of the series. If you include Origins, chronologically it's the first game before Asylum.


So I passed on the Nintendo Switch for now. I had the pre-order money saved, I had some hype for it, and then I saw the presentation and suddenly it just didn't seem very worth it to me. That doesn't mean I won't get one in the future, but first, it's launching with 2 games: I'm not a huge Zelda fan, and "1,2 Switch" looks like a game that should've been bundled with the system. Looking ahead, Mario Odyssey, the main title I was interested in, looks...weird. Nintendo likes to innovate so I'm not passing up this Mario, but I am pretty skeptical. Lastly, I'm not even a huge fan of the controller itself, but then they announced the price of extra peripherals and add ons, and my God, they are gouging the hell out of people. Pro controller $80? Extra joy-cons $70? I'm pretty sure if I get this someday, it'll be mostly to be a handheld. Which also only comes with a 2 to 6 hour battery depending on the game.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i played through The Last Guardian recently, finished it just yesterday and OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!

in other news, i started on Arkham Origins today. i already mentioned this in the DC Comics thread where i said Deathstroke was pain, but i've beaten him since then Wink

I heard that game isn't as good as the first 2 Arkham games. Is that really true, because I love AC. That is my favorite Batman game and favorite superhero game of all time. I like AA, but not as much as AC, since I got that one first.
i still thoroughly enjoyed Origins and i'm definitely gonna play it again in the future, probably for as long as i remain a gamer, but it's frustrating me alot more than the other two (i haven't gotten to Knight yet, but it's on my shelf--gonna take a break and replay Skyward Sword first). it's not because of the story or the mechanics (though combat is enigmatically both harder and easier than in City), but it's because it keeps crashing, more than any other Xbox game i've played. that might just be this particular copy, though. i'd say more, but i have to go out in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:34 pm

No way is Arkham City the best of the series.

Arkham Asylum
Arkham Knight
Arkham Origins
Arkham City.

BAH

Also i would go chronologically with the series or release order. If you do it in random order you will get confused what is going down. Plus Arkham City ends on a massive note so going with that first is like seeing Empire Strikes Back before any other SW. Or Godfather II first. Or TLW before JP, JW or ///!


Also Uncharted is the best game franchise in the modern era. And the remastered first three games are the price of one game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 am

Is it possible to connect Dish wireless internet and download games to a PS3? We were supposed to get Xifinity but my family is getting Dish wireless via a spur-of-the moment decision. I'm getting Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection and I planned to download the original MGS game via the special code that it came with the bundle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah it should be possible with the wireless option but I don't know. The PS3 should be able to find any service in the vicinity. It would just take the password that comes with the Dish internet and the ID. I am foggy on what else is required apart from the password. I don't have Dish though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Thank you. I've been using Virgin Mobile Broadband USB to update my PS3 and downloaded free stuff that came with a special code via the 2013 GOTY edition of Tomb Raider. All I need is the SSID code or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Anyone get the new Resident Evil yet? Been watching some streams of it on Twitch and it looks absolutely terrifying.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm

i'd totally forgotten about RE7. i don't know if i'll get it, but i might have to Razz (one of my writing projects is a massive crossover of literally all fiction and i've already invested effort into meshing Resident Evil into it as well). the only one i've played so far is RE4, so i think i'll wait until i can hear about what the mechanics for RE7 are like and then decide.

on my end, a replay of Skyward Sword ended up not happening--the motion-detector stopped working (not surprising, really. at some point the wire got completely frayed and opened up in at least one place along it and it must've gotten damaged beyond hope when i moved it from the shop at my new place back to the main house--i'd brought it out there so friends and i could play Brawl away from the main body of a party/open house and the receiver worked fine then). i did my first run on Dead Space 2 instead and quite enjoyed it--it felt like RE4 in space Very Happy there was even a sequence where you ride on top of a earthmoving vehicle, fighting off the not-exactly-zombies as your companion drives the thing just like the bulldozer sequence in RE4, to say nothing of being more actionized and fast-paced with a serious-yet-snarky protagonist. now i'm moving on to Arkham Knight. i plan on going over to a game repair shop tomorrow to see if i can replace the motion-detector for the Wii, though--can't play any games without that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Anyone get the new Resident Evil yet? Been watching some streams of it on Twitch and it looks absolutely terrifying.

I bought it and played the first hour and a half. I love it, but I quit because I was the only one in my house last night, and it was freaking me out. Yeah, much as I love scary games sometimes they can get to me.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:11 pm

An 'Apocalypse Now' video game is going to be made.

In hindsight, I'm surprised this didn't happen 10-15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Official Video Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Alphabet Video Game Characters!
» Guess that video game.
» Video Game Mishaps
» EIDOS: Doctor Who Video Game(s)
» Freaky Video Game o.o

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: