Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Official Video Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 602
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Nintendo...a core pokemon game on the SWITCH? Damn. Im so upset I dont have a switch right now. This sucks. I was hoping they would announce something for the 3DS regarding new pokemon as well.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 676
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Nintendo kind of one for me. While I'll never afford all of them this year, Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid Prime 4, a Switch Pokémon hopefully next year. Makes me much happier I got my Switch.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:39 pm



HYPED

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 635
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm

They did very well, but after all this time could we not have seen a little bit of CGI for the metroid game? It's great to know it's coming but that pretty much tells us that work probably has JUST started. Which is kinda disappointing personally.

No interest in Pokémon but it's a great news for fans. It's gonna sell a sh*t ton of switch consoles.

And Dino's in Mario? Yes.... I want a whole game like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 602
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
They did very well, but after all this time could we not have seen a little bit of CGI for the metroid game? It's great to know it's coming but that pretty much tells us that work probably has JUST started. Which is kinda disappointing personally.

No interest in Pokémon but it's a great news for fans. It's gonna sell a sh*t ton of switch consoles.

And Dino's in Mario? Yes.... I want a whole game like that.

Yeah the pokemon thing is basically like Nintendo's license to print money with that. Thats really what its good for I think. Also the mario one you can possess people and animals in that game with the distinction being that the new people have hats so you can tell which are controlled by mario

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Lame conferences. Sony was weak this year, they didn't do a weak conference in years.

Loved GOW and Shadow of the Colossus. And of course, Crash is here!

The rest is....rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:36 pm

That's because Sony's main investment is VR and they want to get the most out of it, hence why 80% of their presentation were VR games.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Ugh Nintendo fanboys are the worst. "Hurrr Nintendo won shup up haters"

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 676
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Ugh Nintendo fanboys are the worst. "Hurrr Nintendo won shup up haters"

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.
I think it was a weak E3 overall, but was a strong show for Nintendo. Problem is half their big reveals were "it's coming", and that was all there was. Another problem is they've done a few reveals through their post-Direct Treehouse stream, and I don't think any is paying major attention to it.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 365
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:47 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
okay, didnt know that RDR2 is in development hell. I never had the chance to play RDR 1 so I wanted to try my hand at this one. I am hype for the new far Cry because I loved Primal and am currently working through Far Cry 4.

Not a big fan of hyping up VR above all else. Hoping Uncharted Lost Legacy looks good as well.
you should definitely go find a copy of RDR--you can probably find it for a great price at GameStop, probably under $20 at this point, maybe even closer to $10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:00 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Ugh Nintendo fanboys are the worst. "Hurrr Nintendo won shup up haters"

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.

Nintendo had the strongest conference of the entire thing. Period. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's judging based on what was shown. Even if Sony had shown stuff like Last of Us 2, which judging from social media a lot of people don't want to be made..it still would of lost to Nintendo. Even Microsoft's announcement that you can play the OG Xbox games beats what Nintendo did. Literally everyone claimed Nintendo was going to be the weakest because their presentation was apparently only 25 minutes, while Sony had an hour.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Ugh Nintendo fanboys are the worst. "Hurrr Nintendo won shup up haters"

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.

Nintendo had the strongest conference of the entire thing. Period. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's judging based on what was shown. Even if Sony had shown stuff like Last of Us 2, which judging from social media a lot of people don't want to be made..it still would of lost to Nintendo. Even Microsoft's announcement that you can play the OG Xbox games beats what Nintendo did. Literally everyone claimed Nintendo was going to be the weakest because their presentation was apparently only 25 minutes, while Sony had an hour.
It was strong only because of Metroid IMO. And it doesn't mean it was a good *STRONG* conference, just that it was better, because as I said, Sony made a weak conference.


The Last of Us 2 have a lot of hype on it's back, it would easilly overshadow everything so far.

This E3 was weak, Nintendo had a good conference, but not anything major like the Nintendo fanboys (yep, fanboys, I checked over them) are saying. They came from their wormholes now, and it's really annoying. "Hurrr it won hurrr" while the entire E3 was lame, yep, they can't admit when even their favorite company doesn't do a GREAT conference. All 3 conferences were weak in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Nothing major
-Mario Odyssey gameplay
-2 Metroid games
-A Pokemon game for the Switch that EVERYBODY has been asking for
-Kirby
-Mario & Rabbids crossover

Nintendo had the best conference, that's the facts. What's annoying is taking everything someone gets hyped for so seriously, lol.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Pokemon and Mario are overhyped, everyone knows that but nobody admits. There are a lot of games that deserve to sell better than those, but well, not everything is fair. Pokemon is basically a cash grabbing stuff now.


Metroid is the only thing that is really interesting. The other games just sell because of the name. 

And I'm not a fanboy, I have a 3DS here so I know when I say that. It's not because "I don't like it bc I must not like it".

By the way, I'm not taking hype seriously, I'm taking fanboyism and annoying tweets like "HURRR IT WON ANYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE SHUT UP" stuff.


Weak conferences. The stuff I'm most hyped for are 2 remakes of games I can spend more time playing them than any of those "cool trendy" games.


Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 635
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:36 pm

As a Wii U owner I have to disagree with Nintendo having the best conference. That entire thing gave me PTSD Wii U flashbacks. Third party apart from rocket league was completely MIA. And yeah Nintendo has a strong year this year, kinda. Mario kart 8=can play on the U. Same with Zelda.

Splatoon 2 and arms cool. Xenoblade is obviously a big deal. Mario looks astonishing. (They have more this year).

But the thing is that Nintendo did absolutely nothing to assure me that we won't be in another massive drought in 2018 just like the Wii U was.

I'm not trying to hate I'm just stating how I feel. I mean if they said metroid early 2018 along with Pokémon I'd be all in. But as far as the future I have no idea what to expect from Nintendo. Doesn't even look like Switch is getting COD(which Wii U did).

I think Sony had the strongest conference over all. They have had an amazing line up this year and we know their lineup for next year is packed.

Will I say they are the "Winner"? Hell no. IMO Sony, Nintendo and MS are like three kids. They all got failing grades and even if one was a little higher it was still a fail. So there was no winner lol.

Sony may have had a bad conference but they were the only company that could provide me immediate confidence in the future. Which is personally extremely important to me.

Now obviously Nintendo is gonna have directs and things will be announced. But as it stands E3 wise, it's scaring me away from picking up Switch in the immediate future.

Edit: also retro isn't making metroid! Their last game was at the beginning of 2014. I realize masterpieces take time.... but where the heck are you guys?? I mis you lol

Just my perspective.


Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm

I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 635
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.

I got one at launch lol. The thing has some absolute GEMS 10/10 games on it, as most Nintendo products do. But Nintendo consoles now a days are basically secondary consoles for me. I think the handheld aspect of Switch is what will save this thing sales and quality wise. Even though it's a hybrid it's the best handheld ever technology wise.

You gotta get a PS4 man! I bet it's really expensive in your country right?

Edit: also I feel you about the fanboys. But you gotta remember every fanbase has its cancer. I was friends with a prominent PS4 youtuber and my friend and I were kicked out of the party for saying two negative things about sony(we are both Sony guys). Blocked and immediately blacklisted because my friend casually brought up he didn't enjoy the amazing Spider-Man, and I said I thought Sony was lazy not to include multiplayer in the uncharted collection.

Some of these guys love "their" companies more than the shareholders lol


Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.

I got one at launch lol. The thing has some absolute GEMS 10/10 games on it, as most Nintendo products do. But Nintendo consoles now a days are basically secondary consoles for me. I think the handheld aspect of Switch is what will save this thing sales and quality wise. Even though it's a hybrid it's the best handheld ever technology wise.

You gotta get a PS4 man! I bet it's really expensive in your country right?
Nintendo has more appeal for first party games, not thirds. I said since Wii U launch that it wouldn't sell that much because it didn't has third party support, people laughed at me and said Nintendo could push a console without a third party support and look what it happened. I think Switch will be the same, a closed "club" of owners, it'll probably sell more because of it's features and the hybrid concept, but still.

I don't have money to have all 3 consoles like some people do (my wish), so I have to choose one of them, and the most interesting console that has the best exclusives IMO is the PS4. Multiplataform games I play on Steam, while the PS4 I'll use to play the exclusives.

And yeah it's really expensive here, and I'm not that rich, it costs something like $700.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 635
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.

I got one at launch lol. The thing has some absolute GEMS 10/10 games on it, as most Nintendo products do. But Nintendo consoles now a days are basically secondary consoles for me. I think the handheld aspect of Switch is what will save this thing sales and quality wise. Even though it's a hybrid it's the best handheld ever technology wise.

You gotta get a PS4 man! I bet it's really expensive in your country right?
Nintendo has more appeal for first party games, not thirds. I said since Wii U launch that it wouldn't sell that much because it didn't has third party support, people laughed at me and said Nintendo could push a console without a third party support and look what it happened. I think Switch will be the same, a closed "club" of owners, it'll probably sell more because of it's features and the hybrid concept, but still.

I don't have money to have all 3 consoles like some people do (my wish), so I have to choose one of them, and the most interesting console that has the best exclusives IMO is the PS4. Multiplataform games I play on Steam, while the PS4 I'll use to play the exclusives.

And yeah it's really expensive here, and I'm not that rich, it costs something like $700.

Good lord I understand why you don't have one. I can't imagine what it was on launch.

Personally I think Switch is going to fly off shelves because of that handheld aspect and Pokémon. I think for a lot of people that will save its underwhelming third party offering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 763
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Funny how they had to launch another console to try to grab market from PS/Xbox.  Laughing

But yeah, Nintendo is strong in handleds so with Pokemon + that feature Switch will probably sell a lot better than Wii U. But my hopes aren't that far. I predict maybe  50 million consoles. I don't know how it's selling, but I saw it's ahead of the PS4 in weekly sales, so...

Makes me so angry that Sony screw up their handled section with Vita. Ugh. They had a great start with PSP but now...They should just foccus on consoles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 am

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a bit annoyed with Bethesda and their refusal to work on an Elder Scrolls 6? I get that ESO is their ES game for now but a main ES game will probably draw in so much more cash than their attempt at an MMO. Plus mirco transactions basically ruin any possibility of me wanting to play it.

Between their never ending stream of ports and their refusal to move forward with any of their main IPs is starting to get frustrating. It's bad enough that Fallout 4 was mediocre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 974
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Atari Is Getting Back Into the Console Business

I feel like this will last 6 months and then flop, hard. This probably would be a bigger deal if Sega came back and announced something like the Dreamcast 2.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 365
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 pm

i didn't pay much attention to E3 (i never do) but a friend showed me some videos of the games announced there. aside from Assassin's Creed Origins (since i'm a huge AC fan), the Spider-Man one looks best to me. admittedly, it also looks like it's just a clone of the Arkham games but that makes perfect sense considering that it's Spider-Man, probably one of the only other superheroes out there who could pull that off, and it looks well-executed. me being me, i'll still wait for reviews before deciding if i want to get it since i'm not a terribly big Spider-Man fan (he's great and i like just about everything i've seen of him, it's just not a high priority). the new Battlefront looks pretty good, too, but then again so did the previous one, so i'm cautiously optimistic--at least they aren't just bending over for Original Trilogy purists this time and actually have some content from outside Ep4-6

separately from E3, Ark: Survival Evolved has gotten an official release date for the full game--it's coming out August 8th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2156
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm

I just happy that Crash Bandicoot is finally getting a comeback. Hopefully, Spyro also gets one as well. I'd really like to see him get semi-rebooted, with him being a teenager and have a limited ability to fly for short distances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Official Video Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» Alphabet Video Game Characters!
» Guess that video game.
» Video Game Mishaps
» EIDOS: Doctor Who Video Game(s)
» Freaky Video Game o.o

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: