Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Nintendo Reveals That Mario Is No Longer A Plumber
What is this sacrilege?

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:36 pm

If this wasnt done before already, we now have a Steam group for all you PC gamers

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/jurassicmainframe

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm

After 18 years at Naughty Dog, Bruce Straley is leaving the company.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
After 18 years at Naughty Dog, Bruce Straley is leaving the company.
I really dislike Neil being basically the head of everything now. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 pm

One of the best shows on G4 when it was a thing

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 am

Been going back and forth on splurging money on a Wii U or a 3DS. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Levine wrote:
Been going back and forth on splurging money on a Wii U or a 3DS. What do yall think?

Coming from a Wii U owner I'd wait and go with the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Considering the Switch isnt backwards compatible with Wii U games, if he's looking to play some of the titles on there, I'd say go for it.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Considering the Switch isnt backwards compatible with Wii U games, if he's looking to play some of the titles on there, I'd say go for it.

But since Wii U has failed big time some of its best games are essentially being ported over and I expect it to continue because many didn't ever experience them. So that's personally why I'd wait atleast.

I guess it depends on what Levine wants on a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Original Xbox controller being re-released for Xbox One

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 11:36 am

Been playing Overwatch the past few days and I'm surprised at how good I actually am at that game. Normally bad at first person shooters.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm

SAG-AFTRA, aka the voice actors union, has ended their 339 day strike, the longest in their history, against 11 video game companies after reaching a 3 year deal.

I'm surprised that they didn't get a longer one.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Atari's New Console Will Cost $250-$300
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/26/ataribox-will-be-a-full-pc-experience-for-the-tv

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Sat in line at Walmart for about 6 hours to get my SNES classic. Still haven't opened it yet. Trying to decide if it's going on my shelf as a collectible or if I'm selling.

So hard not to play....
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sat in line at Walmart for about 6 hours to get my SNES classic. Still haven't opened it yet. Trying to decide if it's going on my shelf as a collectible or if I'm selling.

So hard not to play....

Ask yourself this. do you want the 200 for something else or do you want the SNES? Thats the main question I would ask.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

So hard not to play....

Ask yourself this. do you want the 200 for something else or do you want the SNES? Thats the main question I would ask.

I just downloaded an SNES emulator and games a long time ago for free. I also did the same thing last year via a PS1 emulator and the original Metal Gear Solid game, which was also for free.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

So hard not to play....

both damn it !!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

So hard not to play....

both damn it !!! lol!

As I said in my last post, download an SNES emulator and games, then sell the SNES classic 10 years down the line.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

So hard not to play....

both damn it !!! lol!

As I said in my last post, download an SNES emulator and games, then sell the SNES classic 10 years down the line.
Thanks. But thankfully I've still got a full functioning SNES. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Sony let the rights to the Sonic The Hedgehog movie lapse and Paramount now has the rights.

From one sinking ship to another. I get that Paramount is desperate for big hits, considering how much debt they have, but do they think that Sonic can really help turn things around considering the history of video game movies?

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Sonic will just be done like Pokemon, not games, so it will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Would anyone here know what would be a suitable replacement graphics card? My framerate on a modded Skyrim has been getting worse and I've already tried the alternatives from nexus. I have Windows 7 and an AMD Radeon HD6370D.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Prowler wrote:
Would anyone here know what would be a suitable replacement graphics card? My framerate on a modded Skyrim has been getting worse and I've already tried the alternatives from nexus. I have Windows 7 and an AMD Radeon HD6370D.

Have you tried looking on Amazon?

Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I've stuck to retail store sites at the moment.

Edit: Would this suffice?
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Visceral Games' Star Wars Project Delayed; Studio Closing

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a sad state of affairs for EA and Amy Hennig. I am shocked Visceral dropped considering the first two Dead Space are quite good but I found Amy Hennig a bit overrated. Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann were the real mad geniuses at Naughty Dog.
S
Still sucks this single-player game is dead even though 4+ years dev time is insanely long for a bog standard SP shooter. And Amy is trapped at EA for the time being.

This also--worst of all--seemingly signals the end of any chance at KOTOR 3.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Scott B wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a sad state of affairs for EA and Amy Hennig. I am shocked Visceral dropped considering the first two Dead Space are quite good but I found Amy Hennig a bit overrated. Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann were the real mad geniuses at Naughty Dog.
S
Still sucks this single-player game is dead even though 4+ years dev time is insanely long for a bog standard SP shooter. And Amy is trapped at EA for the time being.

When one considers its notorious reputation, how is EA still in business?

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:
S

EA is the world's largest publisher and usually winds up buying its way into profit by acquiring popular developers/game series. They have also had the fortune of being the sole publisher for USA's American Football games (Madden is insanely popular here) and Star Wars games. They also don't hesitate to shut down places to keep from losing too much money.

Also before it was really bad it created its empire and was already a self-sustaining success that would be impossible to destroy.

People will moan and whine and still buy their stuff too which doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Scott B wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:
S

EA is the world's largest publisher and usually winds up buying its way into profit by acquiring popular developers/game series. They have also had the fortune of being the sole publisher for USA's American Football games (Madden is insanely popular here) and Star Wars games. They also don't hesitate to shut down places to keep from losing too much money.

Also before it was really bad it created its empire and was already a self-sustaining success that would be impossible to destroy.

People will moan and whine and still buy their stuff too which doesn't help.

I remember how the bought out Westwood and thus, the Command & Conquer franchise. They made some really great games. Generals is still my personal favorite and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is also great. A lot of fans consider those the best of the whole franchise. Red Alert 3, I really like, but I get why people don't like it, and I wish it had more missions. CNC 4 I never got via having to be online in order to play it really was too much of a downside for me. And from what I've heard, the plot of both sides was more-or-less the same, as was the endings and that it was TOO micromanaging. All of which really crippled the sales. I was interested by the Generals 2 development, but corporate meddling and that outrage from the news that it was originally going to be a Free-To-Play (Fee to pay) game, as well as corporate learning the wrong lessons killed it off.

You essentially say that EA is simply too powerful to go down. That may be true for now, but I can't help but wonder how long before the crap hits the fan. Look at how Konami right now and the outrage due to Metal Gear Survive. I'm on a very large MGS fan group on Facebook and most of the members are pissed off. I still believe that one Castlevania was made to nullify much of that outrage.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:54 pm

I thought I would post this here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next