Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The King Kong thread

Go down 
+19
Rhedosaurus
Troyal1
evolution_rex
Dr. Wu
CT-1138
Levine
Oliphaunt
Katana
Lost
owenpratt
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Mysterious Hero M
Megaspino2
BarrytheOnyx
Raptor Blue
Dead2009
Aegyptiacus3
RolandEden
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

The King Kong thread Empty
PostSubject: It Was Beauty that Killed the Beast: The King Kong Thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Raaaaaawwwwwrrrrr!

So who's excited for Kong: Skull Island? Very Happy

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Me too pal! Im excited for the trailer of Comic Con, also see how animals of Skull Island are so big!

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:16 am

So excited! I got into the Kong films with the 1976 version. Anyone remember that one? The original one is a great classic and the 2005 remake is pretty Dang good. And due to the fact I'm also an Godzilla fan, King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) is a favorite of mine too.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:29 am

I'm very excited! I'm a HUGE fan of King Kong, especially the 2005 remake. In my opinion, it ranks as one of my favourite films of all time. The effects hold up tremendously! Ultimately though I'm a bit sad that it's going to be scrapped out of the canon. Because as far as I'm aware it won't be canon anymore... won't it? Which is a shame because if you look at the King King Universe, there is a TREMENDOUS amount of lore that would go to waste. E.g. King Kong game, monster books etc...

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:34 am

I didn't care for the 2005 version of Kong mainly because it was way too long. If Skull Island isn't 3 hours I may check it out.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

So far for the skull Island Beasties I have been following the production somewhat. So there will be at least a Trike in this film. (set pics prove that), a water beast (a vietnamese article said that) and probably other animals. I really hope they have a varied bestiary.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cineeurope-wonder-woman-skull-island-904652

"A return to the jungle for an extended preview of Kong: Skull Island featured shots of stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson and John C. Reilly in action.
"This is going to be the biggest Kong there's ever been," boasted director Jordon Vogt-Roberts. "Not 10 foot or 30 foot, but a 100-foot ape."

holy shit
they are beefing this guy up to take on Godzilla

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 am

Well, at least they didn't make him Godzilla's height. I'd wish they went for a smaller height but I suppose I'm fine with 100.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:18 pm

About Kong size, the size is perfect for this movie. Probably Kong will grow up at least 80-90 meters tall to fight Godzilla.

Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm excited but I really hope they don't have him crossover with Godzilla. Kong wouldn't have the slightest chance.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Raptor Blue wrote:
I'm excited but I really hope they don't have him crossover with Godzilla. Kong wouldn't have the slightest chance.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but there IS going to be a Kong vs Godzilla movie, that is pretty much the main reason why they brought Kong into this new Legendary Kaiju universe.

As for what I think of this; 100 feet tall (supposedly when standing up) is pretty much the maximum they can make Kong without going overboard; he's pretty much as big as the Iron Giant at this point, who was still able to conceal himself in deep forests as I imagine this Kong would as well. But he'd be too big to fight giant dinosaur predators, even V-rexes would look like Raptors in front of a T.rex compared to him. But he'd still be too small to fight Godzilla who is 350 ft tall in the 2014 film, unless they show Kong as being the more agile and creative fighter than Big G.

The King Kong thread Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 6:53 pm

King Kong Vs. Godzilla was already confirmed.

RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Probably in this new film Kong is a juvenile, because that ape skull in the filimng set was too huge for a 30m tall ape.

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm

God this is probably one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas. I had such hope for the rebooted Godzilla franchise but as soon as they said Kong was going to be added to the mix I completely jumped ship. I know people have done this before but it's very corny to me. I mean Toho has a plethora of incredible monsters they could have used for the third movie (Biolante, Space Godizlla, Destroyah, Smog Monster, Monster X, Orga, etc.), hell they could have even came up with a new monster (the MUTOs were interesting and fresh to me).

It just feels like a fanfic-y kind of thing to me. Will most likely skip this Kong movie as well as the battle between them in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Why? The King Kong vs Godzilla thing was literally the 3rd movie in the entire franchise.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 10:08 pm

RolandEden wrote:
About Kong size, the size is perfect for this movie. Probably Kong will grow up at least 80-90 meters tall to fight Godzilla.

Yeah, I was concerned slightly but then I remembered that this movie is literally set in the 70's...30 years before the Legendary Godzilla takes place at the minumum.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:40 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
God this is probably one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas. I had such hope for the rebooted Godzilla franchise but as soon as they said Kong was going to be added to the mix I completely jumped ship. I know people have done this before but it's very corny to me. I mean Toho has a plethora of incredible monsters they could have used for the third movie (Biolante, Space Godizlla, Destroyah, Smog Monster, Monster X, Orga, etc.), hell they could have even came up with a new monster (the MUTOs were interesting and fresh to me).

It just feels like a fanfic-y kind of thing to me. Will most likely skip this Kong movie as well as the battle between them in 2020.
The original King Kong Vs. Godzilla is one of the most well liked films out of the series and was the third movie movie of the first series, so it makes sense. I don't think it'll work because of Godzilla 2014's tone, but I can see the appeal.

Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 am

I can see the appeal and know the history of the idea but it just doesn't resonate with me, plus as evolution_rex pointed out it doesn't exactly fit in with the realistic and dark tones of the 2014 remake. There are also more fitting monsters in the Toho universe to end of the "trilogy" of the Godzilla remake. Maybe I'm in the minority but it just seems like it could get either really corny or really unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:23 am

G-2014 had realism in how people reacted to the situation. Not in the monsters themselves.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 2:05 am

The idea that King Kong would get into a situation where he would need to fight Godzilla is sort of too out there for what G14 was doing, in my opinion. But then again, the sequel will have Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah so I assume there will be a tonal shift anyway.

Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 am

What do you mean by "situation" animals fight irl all the time.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 am

Ummm why are there two King Kong threads?

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 am

There are two Kong movies.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 am

GwrChurchward wrote:
There are two Kong movies.
Technically, there are 7, plus two upcoming.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I just meant the two upcoming.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 am

One of the reasons Peter Jackson's King Kong was great (imo), it was because it tried to stay as much realistic as it could.
Having a 100ft Kong that in a sequel would fight with Godzilla would ruin everything and turn it into a generic mosnter movie, IMO.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 11:38 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Raptor Blue wrote:

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but there IS going to be a Kong vs Godzilla movie, that is pretty much the main reason why they brought Kong into this new Legendary Kaiju universe.

As for what I think of this; 100 feet tall (supposedly when standing up) is pretty much the maximum they can make Kong without going overboard; he's pretty much as big as the Iron Giant at this point, who was still able to conceal himself in deep forests as I imagine this Kong would as well. But he'd be too big to fight giant dinosaur predators, even V-rexes would look like Raptors in front of a T.rex compared to him. But he'd still be too small to fight Godzilla who is 350 ft tall in the 2014 film, unless they show Kong as being the more agile and creative fighter than Big G.

Well, that has got to be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: The Godzilla-Kong Cinematic Universe Thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Who's excited for this? King Kong (2005) (though it's not in this cinematic universe) is one of my favorite movies of all time and I loved Godzilla (2014). So I can't wait for Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. Kong Smile Can't think of a cooler match-up, actually. Btw, I don't get some of the bad fan reviews for Godzilla (2014). I loved the dark tone of the film (actually, I wish JW was more like that) and I could watch it again and again. Loved the slow build-up and suspense.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 1:48 pm

I can't wait too! Have you seen the original Kong vs.Godzilla?

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 pm

No, I haven't Smile Kind of new to the franchise. Is it good? Which year is it from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King Kong thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next