Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Weird Crash!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 am

Hi! I want to ask something about game-crash. Neutral I install (Or must I say, re-install) JPOG, and modify the :

• BldMenu .INI - Adding hill tool, and remove the "//", so the Cleaners have their own menu.
  • Main .GUI - Adding the icon of the hill tool.
  • Eng .TXT - Rearrange the list of the dinosaur names, so they just got into one place without having to scroll down, and delete Brachiosaurus Altithorax and Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus from the list of Tendaguru Beds from Dinopedia.
  • DinoList .INI - Remove Dilophosaurus Wetherilli and Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus from the game.

After that, I try the game, and open the Site B (I only played Operation Genesis, once), and it crashes. I replaced the edited files with the original, and the game still crashes. affraid Any solution? This happened few times, actually. pale
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Uninstall, reinstall, and this time don't mod it immediately. Test and see if the game works. If it doesn't, my suggestion is to just wait. My JP:OG disc has done similar things before, and I waited for 2 months, it worked again. Wink

LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Well, I already had this issue few weeks ago. I try to uninstall and re-install everything, but it's still same. Few days before, I managed to get JPOG worked after adding the hill tool, and the Cleaners menu. I exited the game. Few hours then, I try to play it, and it crashes. Guess, I'll wait, then. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:06 pm

And If it still doesn't work, just let us know.

FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Tsk tsk tsk, never touch the dinopedia, it guarantees a crash for some reason. You can alter but not delete. And if something is spelled wrong in the eng.txt even just by a letter off, crash as well. If not done. Done incorrectly, the build menu will not function properly.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 am

Try a clean install. My game was doing this thing where going through the setup exe would bring up different graphic settings than just using the JPOG exe. Go to the control panel and uninstall from there.

If that doesn't work might I suggest that you ditch the ready made JPOG program folder and install it into one you create on your desktop?
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:54 am

@FTKchuuNINJA : I already checked the Eng .TXT file, and there's no mistakes, at all. For the Dinopedia, I already tried things like that, and it works, actually. The Dinopedia things I listed above is inside the Eng .TXT file. I read somewhere that removing the "//" in the Cleaners menu, would add it's own submenu. And it actually works! This is a weird crash... I already doing the exact same things with my old games, and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weird Crash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Crash!   Weird Crash! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Crash!
Page 1 of 1