HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Transformers Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009

PostSubject: The Transformers Thread   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:52 am

I didnt see one for Transformers so a new thread has been made!

Michael Bay Reveals New Transformers: The Last Knight Character

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Tyrese Gibson returning for fifth Transformers

Quote :

Tyrese Gibson has confirmed that he’ll be back for the fifth “Transformers” movie.

While speaking to Entertainment Tonight on the red carpet of the BET Awards, Gibson subtly let slip that he’ll be reuniting with “Transformers” co-star Josh Duhamel for next year’s “Transformers : The Last Knight”.

“Let’s just say 2017, summertime, it’s going to be a lot of energy out there in the universe: Fast 8, Transformers 5… I’m here to take advantage of my America.”

Gibson, currently filming F.Gary Gray’s “Fast 8”, and Duhamel are the only returning players from the original “Transformers” trilogy to return for the Mark Wahlberg-starrer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am

The poster was released

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:50 pm

The robot dragon heads...Predacons in T5! This looks interesting. I like this so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Liam Garrigan to Play King Arthur in Transformers: The Last Knight

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:45 am

So they're really going for the King Arthur angle in this... okay.

Sad thing is as stupid as this plot is becoming, Paramount is desperate for this movie to be a financial hit otherwise they could officially go Chapter 11 if this rate of failure keeps up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:52 am

[quote="BarrytheOnyx"]So they're really going for the King Arthur angle in this... okay.

Sad thing is as stupid as this plot is becoming, Paramount is desperate for this movie to be a financial hit otherwise they could officially go Chapter 11 if this rate of failure keeps up.[/quote

Is Paramount really in that bad of a shape? I always thought that they were a profitable company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 am

Not compared to Disney, Universal or Warner Bros and certainly not for a studio that was there in the beginning of Hollywood with MGM and Warner Bros. Even Lionsgate is considered a more financially viable studio than them right now! For a studio considered one of the Hollywood "Big Six", Paramount has been behind the other studios for quite a while now. They didn't do too badly in 2014 and 2015 but but look at their major summer releases for this year:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows underperformed massively; $242 million on a $135 million budget.

-Star Trek Beyond had good word of mouth and reviews but has so far grossed $243 million against a $185 million budget, and that's not exactly profitable. (And shockingly similar to TMNT 2 I might add). This was a film that SHOULD have won the hearts of audiences everywhere but somehow it just didn't catch on, and I think bad marketing is largely due to that and the fact that many Trekkers don't exactly care for the Abrams movies.

- The Ben Hur remake had a $100 million budget (granted, MGM had an 80% share in that budget) but it's losing money hand over fist and it will never see it's production budget recouped.

- Other bombs include Zoolander 2 and Michael Bay's 13 Hours: Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

And while it is true that Paramount's output hasn't exactly been that consistent in terms of quality, all of these major releases so far have been poor releases. This article sheds some light into their situation at present.

Paramount Pictures 2016
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Not compared to Disney, Universal or Warner Bros and certainly not for a studio that was there in the beginning of Hollywood with MGM and Warner Bros. Even Lionsgate is considered a more financially viable studio than them right now! For a studio considered one of the Hollywood "Big Six", Paramount has been behind the other studios for quite a while now. They didn't do too badly in 2014 and 2015 but but look at their major summer releases for this year:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows underperformed massively; $242 million on a $135 million budget.

-Star Trek Beyond had good word of mouth and reviews but has so far grossed $243 million against a $185 million budget, and that's not exactly profitable. (And shockingly similar to TMNT 2 I might add). This was a film that SHOULD have won the hearts of audiences everywhere but somehow it just didn't catch on, and I think bad marketing is largely due to that and the fact that many Trekkers don't exactly care for the Abrams movies.

- The Ben Hur remake had a $100 million budget (granted, MGM had an 80% share in that budget) but it's losing money hand over fist and it will never see it's production budget recouped.

- Other bombs include Zoolander 2 and Michael Bay's 13 Hours: Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

And while it is true that Paramount's output hasn't exactly been that consistent in terms of quality, all of these major releases so far have been poor releases. This article sheds some light into their situation at present.

Paramount Pictures 2016

I think the main reason why the new Star Trek movie wasn't/still isn't as profitable as it was is mainly due to the waiting period for it. It was 4-5 years since the last one so that was probably the main factor.

As for Transformers, it was always a cash cow for Paramount. That being said, I can't help but be a little concerned about the direction they are going. Yes, the idea of the King Arthur angle is fresh, but unless it's a time-travel thing, I'm not sure how this can work. Part of me wonders if they've got the wrong ideas with how Lockdown worked in T4. "Hey, if the unaffiliated Cybertronian bounty hunter as the main villain worked in T4 because of how fresh it was. Then this could work too." I like T4, but given how they kind of ruined Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots and made Optimus look like a bully in that one scene, I do admit that I'm slightly worried about the movie series. If they do have Predacons like the posters shows they have, then hopefully they give them far more respect then what they did with the Dinobots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Is Hitler One of the Villains in Transformers: The Last Knight?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:29 am

@Dead2009 wrote:

Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into your movie.

Maybe this time he wants to try and dupe people into liking his movie because if they don't "they must be Hitler supporters!!" just like the Fiegbusters movie. Then again, if you're the sole director of one of the most derided yet successful franchises of all time, going all out Sharknado is probably your best option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:22 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into your movie.

Maybe this time he wants to try and dupe people into liking his movie because if they don't "they must be Hitler supporters!!" just like the Fiegbusters movie. Then again, if you're the sole director of one of the most derided yet successful franchises of all time, going all out Sharknado is probably your best option.

I really don't think that Micheal Bay is pulling a Paul Feig. He might not like criticisms, but if it hasn't affected him in the past, then I don't see it getting to him to do something like this. He has far, far, far thicker skin then Feig ever will.

As for the Hitler/Nazi Germany getting involved...To be fair, this actually makes far more sense then with King Arthur. Think about it, with all the technological advances Germany had-the Me 262 Swallow jet fighter, the far cheaper He 162 Salamander fighter, the Ar 234 Blitz bomber, the V1 cruise missile, the V2 Supersonic rocket, atomic bomb tech, and a bunch of other ideas-having those weapons be based on Cybertronian technology is not far fetched at all. If anything, it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:04 am

I just the 30th anniversary DVD of Transfomers: The Movie.

It even has a reversible cover with the original art

It has been at least 20 years since I've seem the entire thing and I have to say, this is far, far, FAR superior then the Michael Bay movies. I really like everything. The comedy is also pretty good. Especially the 30 second reign of Starscream before Galvatron blasts him to dust. That was funny. The music is also very good.

The only thing that doesn't get to me as much as it should have was the death of Optimus Prime. To be fair, I was more of a Beast Wars fan the the original G1 show and I always found the death of Dinobot to be more powerful. That said, I get why little kids were so upset. That and for a cartoon, this was surprisingly graphic and brutal. This was back when PG meant something. Get this movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:57 am

Transformers teaser trailer released. Predacons are pretty much confirmed!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Michael Bay says that this will be his last Transformers movie.

I know he said this after Transformers 4. At this point, I think he wants to leave, but Paramount is somehow forcing him to stay since they can't find anybody else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Unicron, the evil Transformer god, may have morally corrupted Optimus Prime.

Here's proof of Unicron being in the movie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 am

What's strange to me is that they're attempting to pull some emotions out of the audience based fact that Optimus Prime has gone missing (we see him throughout all the trailer) and has returned evil and now trying to kill Bumblebee. It's clear they're trying to play on the same "heroes fighting each other" schtick that Captain America: Civil War arguably did the best from last year, but every time I see Prime attack Bee, I don't feel anything because Prime had already fallen in Age of Extinction.

If there are any bona fide fans of the franchise on this forum I would like to hear your input on this, and whether or not other fans of the franchise will respond to this the way Paramount hopes other audiences will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 am

Optimus really did lose much of his morals in the last film by strongarming the Dinobots, especially Grimlock, into fighting for their cause after they were just released after being captured for who knows how long by the bounty hunter Lockdown. I know the situation that he was in, but come on. You just don't do that to prisoners that you just released! There had to have been a better way then that.

Maybe either Unicron or the Quintessions-the race that made the Cybertronians in the G1 cartoon and may be returning if Transformers 4 and the rumors are anything to go by-tapped into that and amplified his bad side after he died/shut down is space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Travis Knight, the director of 'Kubo and the Two Strings' will direct the Bumblebee spinoff movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:48 pm

A Bumblebee spinoff. Fine. Okay. I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:54 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Travis Knight, the director of 'Kubo and the Two Strings' will direct the Bumblebee spinoff movie.

Oh bugger me with a Raptor claw. WHY, Travis?!?

You're a stop motion genius, why waste your time and career on a glorified toy commercial that's going to wither and die between two beloved franchises? This just sucks big time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Oh bugger me with a Raptor claw. WHY, Travis?!?

You're a stop motion genius, why waste your time and career on a glorified toy commercial that's going to wither and die between two beloved franchises? This just sucks big time.

I just think he's doing this just as a modified vanity project. I.E. To show that he can make a respectable Transformers movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:32 pm

It looks like we'll have Baby Dinobots a la Baby Groot, but Grimlock himself is unchanged.

Screen Rant thinks that the Dinobots have a 'baby Groot' form so that if their current bodies are destroyed/damaged beyond repair, then they have a Plan B which allows them to survive and grow back to normal. If this is true-and I'm willing to believe it-then it's safe to say that Grimlock wasn't caught up in whatever the rest of the Dinobots were since he's still normal. With that being said, he most likely has the same ability.

I hated how the Dinobots were treated in T4 and part of me is hoping that Grimlock kick's Optimus Prime's butt for payback. At least Grimlock will be treated with SOME respect in this movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minmi
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 am

Is anyone here (besides me) familiar with the 90s cartoon "Beast Wars Transformers"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:33 am

@Minmi wrote:
Is anyone here (besides me) familiar with the 90s cartoon "Beast Wars Transformers"?

I certainly am, and I know Rhedosaurus is, with it's adult level writing and compelling characters, it was able to stay remembered years after I first saw it.

To me that was Transformers, and the G1 series was just an obscure cartoon that I had obliquely heard of as a kid but never saw. Ironically, it was because of the first Michael Bay movie that I looked up the original Transformers and gained a wider understanding of the franchise beyond Beast Wars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Michael Bay has 14 more Transformer movies in store.

You know...*sigh*...I like the Transformers movies better then most. And I get that they are Paramount's main golden goose. But at some time, people are going to get sick of watching these movies the same way how people were sick of seeing bad Fantastic 4 movies, Fant4stic being the magnum opus of these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:23 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

You know...*sigh*...I like the Transformers movies better then most. And I get that they are Paramount's main golden goose. But at some time, people are going to get sick of watching these movies the same way how people were sick of seeing bad Fantastic 4 movies, Fant4stic being the magnum opus of these.

Even with declining ticket sales in the US, the Transformers movies still inexplicably sell well overseas, with the most recent one getting by thanks to pandering to Chinese audiences. My grudge against Transformers: Age of Extinction extends to the point of resenting it for taking top place at the 2014 box office, over the last Hobbit movie. But even putting that aside, this is a franchise that really needs to stop right now because there is no good end in sight. I might even start to feel sorry for Michael Bay being trapped in this endless contract of alternating between bad but commercially viable TF movies and directing his own movies like 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Perhaps he should team up with Jerry Bruckheimer again, now that Disney no longer needs him to prop up their blockbuster event movies outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:55 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Even with declining ticket sales in the US, the Transformers movies still inexplicably sell well overseas, with the most recent one getting by thanks to pandering to Chinese audiences. My grudge against Transformers: Age of Extinction extends to the point of resenting it for taking top place at the 2014 box office, over the last Hobbit movie. But even putting that aside, this is a franchise that really needs to stop right now because there is no good end in sight. I might even start to feel sorry for Michael Bay being trapped in this endless contract of alternating between bad but commercially viable TF movies and directing his own movies like 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Perhaps he should team up with Jerry Bruckheimer again, now that Disney no longer needs him to prop up their blockbuster event movies outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

And even then, it's only a matter of time before the international sales start to plummet. Hollywood can't count on that strategy saving them forever. Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay together again in another project would be nice to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 am

Youre implying that 14 more Transformers movies are even going to be made.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:57 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
My god, what did the world ever do to Michael Bay to deserve this?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
My god, what did the world ever do to Michael Bay to deserve this?

TBH, I can't help but wonder if somebody is pulling Bay's strings. He said that he was going to quit after the 4th one but his mind was changed. Given how Paramount is somewhere between $13-$14.5 billion in debt, they see the Transformers movie series as their ace-in-the-hole for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow paid him a ton of money or managed to manipulate him in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 pm

The Bumblebee spinoff is going to be set sometime in the 1980's.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

As much as I don't think the Bumblebee spinoff is going to be as bad as any of the TF sequels, despite having an amazing animation director at the helm, it'll still be miraculous if its actually good. Pitting it against Pixar's and Universal's No 1 blockbusters of the year is still a stupid mistake. What I am curious about this is if its set in the 80s, will Bumblebee appear in his classic Volkswagen Beetle mode?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

As much as I don't think the Bumblebee spinoff is going to be as bad as any of the TF sequels, despite having an amazing animation director at the helm, it'll still be miraculous if its actually good. Pitting it against Pixar's and Universal's No 1 blockbusters of the year is still a stupid mistake. What I am curious about this is if its set in the 80s, will Bumblebee appear in his classic Volkswagen Beetle mode?

I just think that they are going to make it feel more like the old 1980's cartoon show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I had a feeling that was the case fro the 80s setting itself. If nothing else it could potentially feel more like Transformers without Michael Bay's obvious influences and now infamous style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 pm

It looks like Transformers 5 will be the last one for Mark Wahlberg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Here's Brad Jones and Brian reviewing Transformers 5. The Last Knight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:20 pm

So far, Transformers 5 is slightly underperforming in China.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:25 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

That is just awful. I liked the first Transformers movie but there is a huge drop in quality from 1 to 2 and even further for 3. When is Bay going to hang it up with the Transformers? He's seriously holding the franchise back in a huge way. I was hoping they would shelf Transformers for a while and then hopefully bring it back to full glory with an entire reboot and new director.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 pm

@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

That is just awful. I liked the first Transformers movie but there is a huge drop in quality from 1 to 2 and even further for 3. When is Bay going to hang it up with the Transformers? He's seriously holding the franchise back in a huge way. I was hoping they would shelf Transformers for a while and then hopefully bring it back to full glory with an entire reboot and new director.

It wouldn't shock me if he goes back on his claim and somehow come back again eventually to direct another one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

It wouldn't shock me if he goes back on his claim and somehow come back again eventually to direct another one.

Paramount is $13-$14 billion in debt and the Transformers movie series has been their most successful, at least financially, franchise. Bay really might be sick of making these movies, but my guess is that Paramount is paying him a fortune to make them since they don't know who else they can turn to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm

I remember there was a time when I was eagerly anticipating Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I liked the first film way more than I do today back then. I was ready and eager to embrace a new action franchise, but the more I thought about the second and third movies the more I grew disenfranchised with them. I also grew more aware of the film reviewing landscape as a result, but I still remember being in that "dumb action" mindset of my teens and liking the second movie at the time. I didn't see Age of Extinction, but seeing it become the highest grossing film of 2014 over The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was the final insult.

When people say that Superman in the DCEU is broken and irredeemable, my first riposte is to bring up Bay's Optimus Prime. This Prime is unstable, violent, bloodthirsty, and has no qualms about killing other Transformers and humans. There were no signs of these traits in the first film but they've gotten worse over time. He's a far cry from the just, honourable and courageous Optimuses of the various cartoons, who also had their flaws.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Paramount is $13-$14 billion in debt and the Transformers movie series has been their most successful, at least financially, franchise. Bay really might be sick of making these movies, but my guess is that Paramount is paying him a fortune to make them since they don't know who else they can turn to.

What?? How did they get in debt? Is that why they sold their amusement parks to cedar fair about 7 years ago?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:37 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

What?? How did they get in debt? Is that why they sold their amusement parks to cedar fair about 7 years ago?

Mainly,bad business decisions. Other then Transformers, Paramount has been a bomb factory for a quite some time now. WB has a similar problem, but not as bad. And least they have a better reputation. That and that AT&T deal will fix their debt if it happens. Paramount has none of that.

In related news, Transformers 5 made a franchise low $69 million dollar box office opening.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Mainly,bad business decisions. Other then Transformers, Paramount has been a bomb factory for a quite some time now. WB has a similar problem, but not as bad. And least they have a better reputation. That and that AT&T deal will fix their debt if it happens. Paramount has none of that.

In related news, Transformers 5 made a franchise low $69 million dollar box office opening.

For 5 days that sounds like it could be loosing steam pretty bad.

On a side note the film actually had its biggest debut of the franchise in china! 

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/transformers/news/a831640/transformers-the-last-knight-wins-us-box-office-franchise-low-opening-weekend/

That's weird lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Transformers Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next