We're More Than Just A UNIX System...Enjoy The Boards!

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:22 am

I could be forgetting this, but I never saw Zara's death get told to Claire. I get that Claire's nephews were partially traumatized by seeing her die like that, but even so if they didn't tell her what happened. One would think that somebody would have told her in the movie. I think that's one of the mistakes that was made in the movie.

Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troodon_formosus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 am

It probably happened offscreen, what with Zara's role being reduced to "that girl who dies" and thus not being important enough to the plot for the writers to bother addressing her death after it happens. I agree, that was a mistake. Trivializing a character to the point of their whole role being a cool death, especially if you've gone to the trouble to give them a name and a story, just doesn't sit right with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Rhedosaurus
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:49 am

That and she was the first female character that people knew who got killed in the Jurassic Park movie series. Even more so considering how she was Claire's best friend and she saved her nephew's from the pterosaurs. Not to mention redeeming herself from being a bit uptight to them in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:35 am

It most likely happened off-screen, but yeah, Colin himself aknowledged he didn't do the right thing with those moments in a tweet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:09 pm

I imagine in between when the group gets in the car and then go to the raptor pen. Thats probably when she found out about it.

Spinosaur4.4
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 pm

In the novelization of JW, Claire asks about Zara. Don't know why Colin didn't add some lines in the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
In the novelization of JW, Claire asks about Zara. Don't know why Colin didn't add some lines in the movie.

Yeah in the novelization of JW, Wu also hears about Hoskins death and semi-reacts like he's sad.

Dr. Wu
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, Zara's death itself was awesome but her being seemingly forgotten was a mistake. Remember the JP 4: Nedry's Revenge fanmade poster? I think someone should make a JW 2: Zara's Revenge and the tagline should be "She's pissed about being forgotten!". Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:36 pm

Not that big of a deal to me

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:44 am

One of the film's biggest flaws for me. Was shocked when I saw the film for the first time that no one ever mentioned what had happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:49 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Not that big of a deal to me

Evil. Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.   Today at 3:08 am

Back to top Go down

Why we never saw Claire get told about Zara's death.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1