Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?

Go down 
+2
owenpratt
Sickle_Claw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Empty
PostSubject: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:33 am

As said in the title, this thread is primarily for your ideas about casting for JW2. I personally think Bayona may continue the trend Trevorrow did...of casting people in his previous film. Trevorrow brought in Jake Johnson who was in SNG...I think a good person for him to cast in JW2 would be...

Felicity Jones. Who will be in his upcoming film 'When a Monster Calls'.

And she'll be highly sought after due to Rogue One later this year as well.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

I don't know... Felicity Jones is going to be a very well known face now, and Jurassic Park movies never hired super stars in the cast. And Chris Pratt was chosen by Trevorrow before he became famous.
Toby Kebbell though, he would be an awesome choice. He is in A Monster Calls too, and while he was part of some cool movies, he is sadly not that well known yet. He also has experience with motion capture and VFX stuff, so he would find himself very comfortable in a film like JW2.

I actually still hope that rumour about Melissa Benoist in JW2 will be confirmed. She's very talented and she's not a super star.

As far as returning characters, aside from the confirmed Pratt and Howard, I'd love to see BD Wong, Omar Sy and Jake Johnson back for JW2. It would be nice to see grown-up Zach and Gray again, but I'd rather see them only for a cameo, just like Lex and Tim in TLW.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

I have no idea. The only returning character aside from Claire and Owen I want to see in JW2 is Wu. The other ones would be useless for the plot.

But the rest I have no idea. Maybe Melissa (mi amor)? Embarassed

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I have no idea. The only returning character aside from Claire and Owen I want to see in JW2 is Wu. The other ones would be useless for the plot.

But the rest I have no idea. Maybe Melissa (mi amor)? Embarassed

I admit the only characters I really want to return are Owen, Claire, Wu and Lowery. I wrote Barry in my previous post more because of his really wasted character in JW, and I think he needs development, since he's supposed to be Owen's best friend.

Back to top Go down
Nedryland
Veteran
Veteran
Nedryland

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:25 pm

I think Omar Sy is a terrible actor so ipI really wouldn't want Barry back.

Christina Hendrix would be a good female villain in my opinion.

Caterina Scorsone would be a good fit too.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:30 pm

The problem with Barry's character is that he is useless IMO for the plot. He wasn't important in JW and he was only there bc he was Owen's friend. I fear they'll include him bc of that. Not that I didn't like Barry.

As for a villain, I would like a female CEO or something like that, it would be something new to JP franchise and I would like that very much. But, I would also like Woody Harrelson as a Dodgson type villain.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
The problem with Barry's character is that he is useless IMO for the plot. He wasn't important in JW and he was only there bc he was Owen's friend. I fear they'll include him bc of that. Not that I didn't like Barry.

As for a villain, I would like a female CEO or something like that, it would be something new to JP franchise and I would like that very much.
But, I would also like Woody Harrelson as a Dodgson type villain.

Yes. This. A female villain would be a fresh air for the Jurassic franchise. If Melissa Benoist is in the film, I want her to be a villain

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

As for a villain, I would like a female CEO or something like that, it would be something new to JP franchise and I would like that very much.

Yes. This. A female villain would be a fresh air for the Jurassic franchise. If Melissa Benoist is in the film, I want her to be a villain

I can see her being a very good corporate type of Villain. I think she fits that mold very well, especially when she wears glasses. (See Supergirl for what I mean)

I also think that if Bayona wanted, he should look at 10 Cloverfield Lane and really think about hiring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, she's a really good actress too.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:30 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I can see her being a very good corporate type of Villain. I think she fits that mold very well, especially when she wears glasses. (See Supergirl for what I mean)

I also think that if Bayona wanted, he should look at 10 Cloverfield Lane and really think about hiring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, she's a really good actress too.

Would be a nice choice

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 3:55 pm

In terms of returning characters from prior films, I wish I could make my oft-repeated suggestion of Sam Niell in a supporting role. But I will refrain from that for now.

But for new characters, I like the idea of Melissa Benoist as a paleontologist or botanist, someone who could channel Laura Dern's down to earth charisma and earnestness without it feeling too similar. If they wanted to give Owen a romantic interest, perhaps creating a new character for him would be better than trying to graft Owen and Claire together on a fairly shaky foundation that is their on-screen chemistry, which is much better as field partners than lovers. Woody Harrelson or Clark Gregg would be my choices for Dodgson, bearing a slight resemblance to Cameron Thor but having aged up a bit. In addition to being respected actors in their own right, possibly enough to wipe the taint that has been left on Dodgson from Thor's actions.

Often, I've been tempted at the idea of bringing an actor who has faded into obscurity in a supporting role, such as Brendan Fraser playing (hypothetically speaking) Owen Grady's father. Jurassic Park made A-listers out of it's primary cast members, none of whom were big box office names, and was the first film in which Richard Attenborough appeared in since the Otto Preminger film 'The Human Factor' in 1979, and he enjoyed a brief resurgence in the 90s. Jurassic World was a considerable boost to the careers Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard; so I can imagine Jurassic World 2 (or whatever it's called) doing the same for an either obscure or second-tier actor or actress. Plus, I like Brendan as an actor and he doesn't deserve to fade out like this.

In terms of veteran actors, I would go nuts to see J.K. Simmons cast for a role, possibly as a scientist or Masrani Global authority figure, or even better Sigourney Weaver as the female villain that many of us fans have expressed interest in seeing. Imagine the leading lady of the Alien franchise guest starring in Jurassic Park!

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Sigourney Weaver as a villain in a JP movie would be so amazing. What a dream.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 2:01 am

Sigourney could be an outside chance since Bayona just recently worked with her on "A Monster Calls".
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 4:54 am

Both Sigourney Weaver and (especially) Brendan Fraser would be bad choices. They're too famous faces already, no matter how good they are.
At this point let's call Nicolas Cage, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis and Nicole Kidman for JW2. No, no, no. Please, no. I love those actors, but not for JW2. They would be definitely very bad ideas.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:10 pm

So do people think that Bayona won't cast anyone that well known for JW2 then? I was thinking Liam Neeson might be good since he was in A Monster calls as well but...

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:15 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Both Sigourney Weaver and (especially) Brendan Fraser would be bad choices. They're too famous faces already, no matter how good they are.
At this point let's call Nicolas Cage, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis and Nicole Kidman for JW2. No, no, no. Please, no. I love those actors, but not for JW2. They would be definitely very bad ideas.

WHAT????

I'm not saying to cast Sigourney Weaver bc she's famous. I'm saying to cast her bc she's an amazing actress, most of the movies she's in she acts great. And what's the problem if she's famous? Chris Pratt is a lot famous too and some ppl only saw JW bc of him, and yet most fans saw no problem in that.

She can do great as a CEO villain, I'm sure of that. And the fact she's famous would only help the movie.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

WHAT????

I'm not saying to cast Sigourney Weaver bc she's famous. I'm saying to cast her bc she's an amazing actress, most of the movies she's in she acts great. And what's the problem if she's famous? Chris Pratt is a lot famous too and some ppl only saw JW bc of him, and yet most fans saw no problem in that.

She can do great as a CEO villain, I'm sure of that. And the fact she's famous would only help the movie.

Chris Pratt was chosen before he became famous. That was a coincidence. But you know what? People who watched JW, many times see Owen and think "Star Lord with raptors!". You see? Chris Pratt immediately linked to the other famous character he plays in the other famous movie.

Now, I like Sigourney Weaver. I loved her in Avatar for example, and she played a scientist there, so she would fit very well in a Jurassic movie, for that matter. But I have the feeling that seeing her face would make people (me included) think all the time "oh, Ripley in Jurassic World", or "Dr Grace Augustine in Jurassic World".

Then this could even not happened. Maybe she has such a different costume, attitude and make-up that she doesn't resemble any of her previous famous characters. But I don't know.

Anyway, Weaver is the least worrying to me. I was referring in particular to Brendan Fraser, or even Liam Neeson (awesome actor, let's make it clear). Too much famous faces. They would break the illusion of the movie.

This doesn't always happen, but it could happen.

Again, I'm NOT saying they're not good actors. The ones you mentioned, especially Sigourney Weaver, or Liam Neeson, they are fantastic actors.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 7:02 pm

I would also like Aubrey Plaza in JW2, I know she was a favorite of fan casters for JW so I would suggest her again.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I would also like Aubrey Plaza in JW2, I know she was a favorite of fan casters for JW so I would suggest her again.

She's a good actress, and a Jurassic movie for her would bring her under the spotlight

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 1:04 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

She's a good actress, and a Jurassic movie for her would bring her under the spotlight

Yeah, unlike the others i mentioned I don't think she's a big star yet

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Exactly. She's known by some people, but not a big star at all.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 3:34 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Exactly. She's known by some people, but not a big star at all.

Plus Colin knows her as i think she was in SnG.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 7:09 pm

I would have thought if Aubrey Plaza was going to be in a Jurassic film it would have been in JW as Vivian.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 2:03 am

I was thinking maybe Brie Larson for Jurassic World 2? Depending on how she is in Kong, I guess.

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Qen7bJI

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:18 am

Not a bad choice at all.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Eva Green as a female villain, Bayona directed her in "Penny Dreadful's" first few episodes.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:09 pm

I like the idea of Brie Larson being attached to two iconic monster/dinosaur properties, and I can see her fitting into a Jurassic Park film nicely. Eva Green as a female villain would be a fantastic addition as well, I've loved her in Casino Royale and Kingdom of Heaven!!

In terms of major actresses being courted for the Jurassic series, I'd be down for Charlize Theron being considered either for a villainous role or a determined heroic badass along the lines of Novel!Sarah Harding, putting herself out in the fiend to study and protect wildlife.

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?   Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who would you cast in Jurassic World 2?
Page 1 of 1