Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Re-directing me to scams

Go down 
+3
evolution_rex
Troodon_formosus
SmugTheFab
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

Re-directing me to scams Empty
PostSubject: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 pm

I don't know if it has to do with the forum or not, but every so often (since today) when opening the forums it'll re-direct me to a scam page. And it's random, too. Sometimes I'll be browsing the forums and it'll re-direct me.

I've lost a post in the rp to it (which I spent ages on Sad ), and it's getting really annoying. scratch I'll be surprised if I'm even able to post this. Please help!

Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 pm

This has been happening to me too. Haven't lost any posts from it yet, but it's annoying. It only happens on this forum, so it's definitely a problem with the website rather than your computer. I'd still do a virus scan just in case anything slipped by when you got redirected.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 pm

That's very odd. I've had similar things happen to me when I've had a virus in the past, but more than one person experiencing it on this site is very unusual.

It may have something to do with advertisements, as I have a pretty good ad block and I haven't experienced anything usual here.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 pm

I assume it's the advertisements. I scanned, and there were exactly zero viruses detected. I just hope this gets resolved soon.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:18 pm

If it's something that's still getting through even though you have Adblock turned on then it's on Forumotions end. Sadly I don't think there's a way to get rid of it and it'll work itself out eventually.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 3:52 am

I took down my ad block on this site for a little while and still didn't experience anything. But Forumotions isn't that dirty of a site and that kind of stuff shouldn't be happening.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 12:17 pm

It hasn't been happening since I downloaded ad-block, but it tells me something is trying to pop up.

Back to top Go down
AJFU
Embryo
Embryo
AJFU

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 1:08 pm

In recent days, I've been getting popup messages from the site telling me I need to download Adobe Flash. In one instance, my computer was suddenly in the middle of downloading Flash (or something claiming to be Flash), and I didn't even click anything. I exited everything because my anti-virus issued a warning message.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 8:08 pm

This problem has gotten so bad now that I can barely use the site. I'm getting harmful redirects with almost a third of the times I click a link to anywhere on this forum, including when I make a post and I'm automatically brought to the "your post was posted" page and then back to the thread.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:11 pm

What version of the site on mobile are you using (theres two, a "simplified" one and the default one that looks like it does on desktop)?
Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 3:48 am

I'd advise all who use computers to install an adblock. I haven't gotten any problems, and when Spiegel installed adblock his problems disappeared as well.

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-directing me to scams   Re-directing me to scams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-directing me to scams
Page 1 of 1