Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Empty
PostSubject: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Banner
As I've stated, I have re-branded my Role Playing Game (Monsters & Men) to The Dinosaur Kingdoms. This is to reflect my new found interest in "The Dinosaur Lords" series by Victor Milan. I have begun updating the rules to take the game from a "Caveman like era" to a more medieval era. This change is adding on my more to my work load when it comes to completing this project, thus I am asking for assistance from anyone interested to become and active member and possibly staff.

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Forum

Along with the new name, URL, and Portal Page I have created the first logo for the game. Also, the entire forum is now themed to a "Script and Ink" appearance that embodies the time period.

I'm hoping to gain some interest here as this project is beginning to feel as if it is a pointless, waste of time. Though I hate it say it, all my work and my vision for this Role Playing Game could be meaningless if I cant find members and assistance. I'm hoping, if nothing else, it can at least be acknowledged as a bad idea if no one is interested.

Here is my newest, self asked FAQ:
Quote :

What is “The Dinosaur Kingdoms?”

The Dinosaur Kingdoms is a Role Playing game based on an alternative version of our planet called Terra Magna. Terra Magna shares many of Earth’s biomes, dinosaur species, and human cultures from around the planet. The difference is that these formerly unintroduced species; man and dinosaur, now coexist in this world. Here dinosaur herds take the place of cows and horses along with other wildlife. They are companion, resources, and enemy to man.

The Map seems large but somewhat blank, is it not done?

The answer to that is yes and no. The map is meant to reflect the size of a large continent spanning thousands of miles and multiple biomes. Much like some continents on Earth, Terra Magna’s lone continent is home to a multitude of species and biomes as well as human civilizations.

As for the “blankness” of the map, this is intended to allow the players to explore and create the world they want to play in. The staff has created a number of cities, empires, and landmarks but has left a large portion of the slate clean so that players can expand the world around them. This means a player can create a village or landmark in any location. If that village is established as being owned by a players character, it can be added to the map, the Vade Mecum of Homo Sapiens, The Vade Mecum of Settlements, and receive its own thread for other characters to visit and explore. This is also true of a particular settlement that might be created on a whim as a character passes through. However, those settlements will need to be acknowledged by other players to be officially added.

What do mean “Player Established and Owned Settlements?”

Well, not only does a player have the ability to create simple characters to play out roles in the RPG but they are also permitted to create their own civilization. So now instead of a player merely creating a character with a certain trade or skill, a character can instead be the chief of a village or even the ruler of an empire. Have a fascination with a House in Game of Thrones? What about a love to Tolkien’s Dwarves or Elves? Well you can bring those to the game, at least using them as a basis for a culture, whether your player is the monarch in charge of a kingdom or you simply create the kingdom where you character lives, the opportunities are endless.

Creating an entire civilization, culture, and kingdom sounds complex and I’m not sure I’m interested..

At first the process might seem slightly complex in the sense that the application must be filled out and submitted. However, adding a Kingdom is easy in that the initial application does not be super developed. A few short lines in each section and you’re empire is ready to go. As you play you may discover new ideas either randomly or through research. At any time you’re Kingdom’s profile can be updated. Whether you invent a new language, tradition, or religion it can be added very simply.

Finally, players do not need to create a kingdom or civilization. There are already established kingdoms created with certain traits and aspects that might appeal to a person. A character can simply join in as a member of these kingdoms whether it be a Royal Guard, a Duke, Princess, Court Jester, Theif, Farmer, or Blacksmith. These are just a few ideas and really the possibilities are endless.

Ok so I can sort do whatever I want with my character but whats going to keep me from getting bored?

We’ve introduced a point system as well as a “shop.” This means you can do anything you want but it takes time to build up to certain skills or to unlock the use of certain dinosaurs as tamed beasts or characters. You cant just sign up and play the King of the largest and most powerful Empire or the biggest and toughest dinosaur species. You have to work toward it by posting. As you post or contribute you gain points and points are used to unlock new things.

How do points inspire me to play?

Lets say you want your character, she’s a female shield madden, to ride a Tyrannosaurus as a mount. Well you need the points to unlock the Tyrannosaur  but you don’t have enough. Your character can encounter the dinosaur, hunt it down and trap it. There are multiple posts to be made about that and you’ve gained some points by posting to purchase the Tyrannosaurs as tame. Now your character may attempt to gain the dinosaur’s trust and end up fleeing its cage multiple times. Sometimes your character is successful and gets the giant carnivore to eat from her hand without attacking her. Now you’ve posted enough to reach the number of points you needed for your character to tame the Tyrannosaurus now. You’re next few posts can be about them bonding and your shield maiden’s first ride atop her massive trophy. It’s a system that is meant to create goals and give players just enough restriction to inspire activity without destroying the fun.

I don’t really want to play a Human character though. . .

No problem, pick a species of dinosaur and use it to role play. Terrorize the small town you created in your mind. Hunt down other lumbering beasts. Steal kills from other dinosaurs. Find a Human character, belonging to another player, and become enemies or companions. There is not set way to play the game per say. There are a lot of options ranging from Humans, Dinosaurs, or Kingdoms. You can play just one or all three. The game is intended to draw in different role players, with different interests, and keep them captivated.

Can I use my points however I like? Do I have to use points from a Human character to purchase things for my human character?

No, points are points. You can play a ton of dinosaurs characters and gather points enough that you eventually have enough to purchase everything you’d like for a Human character or creating a Kingdom. Its up the player.  Additional points are also available as rewards for contributions used, amazing posts, contest prizes, quest completion, awesome artwork, amazing fan fictions, and a slew of other things. You can spend them exactly how you’d like.

There is a lot in the game but then again there isn’t, how am I going to keep busy?

Not only might you set goals to gather points but you’ll find contests and quests as well. Contests between members will give rewards as well as allow players to add to the game. Perhaps you win the Dinosaur Vade Mecum Contest, for example, and now a species of your choice with a profile you created is added to the game.

Another concept is quests. These will be staff driven storylines, some brief and some long, for characters to partake in. These too will have rewards and act as inspiration. I don’t wish to give much away right now but there are at least two ideas already set so I’ll spill the beans, you know the “North Folk?” No one really does aside from the rumors. Perhaps you’ll be the first to encounter them. I’ve also heard there are ruins of an ancient empire hidden in the jungle. I hear they hold treasures and stories from the past.

Finally, you know those technologies you can buy? Well, those inspire certain events. These events are set in stone and can be experienced differently by every player. Perhaps you but multiple Agricultural Technologies for your kingdom, you may experience a bountiful harvest and your people throw a grand parade in your characters name and maybe gift him a dinosaur. Perhaps you don’t spend any points on Agricultural Technologies and your people start to starve. They become angry and before your character knows it he’s being chased from his kingdom and becomes a refugee. Now he might want to win his people over or conquer them for their traitorous ways. Perhaps your character enlist a neighboring King’s aide and win back your kingdom only to realize your character’s kingdom is now a slave state for the helpful kings.

These are all ideas meant to keep things going.

Ok so about these Technologies , what’s the point?

The concept is that no player can join, form a kingdom, and attempt to rule the world. By using points that unlock certain benefits to kingdom this creates not only balance but specialized roles for Kingdoms when interacting. An example might be a kingdom that only purchases Agricultural Technologies and  kingdom that only purchases Military Technologies. These two kingdoms can become symbiotic, one giving food and the other protection. Or, they could become enemies where the Military based kingdom constantly raids the food rich. At some point it is possible an active player could attain all the technologies but the list would be open for expansion. For instance, Gun Powder became prevalent in Medieval times but it’s not on the list.

The point system can apply to character skills as well. Want you character to be a black smith? Purchase some of the techs to increase his skill. This again can go back to the question about inspiration.

So when does the game start?

As soon as possible. I’m currently the only active staff member and the project is large to say the least. I am seeking additional staff or members who simply want to contribute, and be rewarded with points, in the meantime.

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:50 pm

The Boreal Forest Vade Mecum is complete! These species are well adapted to the life of the forest and the cold weather of the North. Some unique adaptions and behaviors allow the strongest of species to survive the bitter winters.

Check it out:
Click the Boreal Forest to view the species of Terra Magna's northern forest and tundra!

Here's and exert from the last addition:

Nanuqsaurus hoglundi
Height: 7 ft
Length: 20 ft
Weight: 1100 lbs
Description: Nanuqsaurus is yet another member of the Tyrannosauridae family. It shares the common traits consisting of powerful legs and large head with its other family members. Short arms ending in two fingered hands are another shared trait. A powerful, long tail provide balance when pursuing prey. Unlike other Tyrannosauridae family members, Nanuqsaurus has a seasonal coat that sheds and grows each year. The entirety of the body is covered in multiple layers of feathers to provide the best insulation against the elements during the winter.
Coloration: Nanuqsaurus appear in different variations depending on the season. Between mid-fall and late spring, these Tyrannosaurinae appear white across the body. The snout and the area around the eye are dark grey or even black. The body is covered in grey to black rosettes, which appear with the “winter coat.” The remainder of the year this carnivore appears in shades of grey or black across the entirety of the body.
Habitat: The Barrier Forest, Withered Forest, and Shattered Coast
Diet: Carnivore
Social Structure:  Nanuqsaurus remains solitary or in mated pairs, depending on the how plentiful resources. Mated pairs will remain together for any period of time ranging from one mating season to the entire life span. These mating partnerships are strictly reliant on the availability of food and a female may leave her male at any time. Should he attempt to pursue the female she may respond violently, especially if accompanied by young. Pairs of same sex individuals can be found at periods as well, again simply dependent on resource availability. Nanuqsaurus is an incredibily social species and will play with members of its species or even bunch together for warmth on cold nights, should they encounter one another.
Behavior: Nanuqsaurus is a member of the Tyrannosauridae family, however, it is amongst the smallest and most specialized of its members. These small tyrants do not claim territory and are purely nomadic. They are drawn to known locations of established resources such as breeding or nesting grounds where they encounter each other, forming breeding pairs.
Males are judged on the staining and smell of their muzzle and necks by females. Caked blood, thick and well spread, is appealing to females as it shows a male can provide and is a successful hunter. It is not uncommon for males to cover themselves in the blood of a recent kill, to attract females, by rolling their heads in the remains of a kill even before consuming it fully.
Nanuqsaurus is an ambush predator, relying on an incredible amount of stealth to close in on prey. When hunting alone, these predators will often attempt to catch smaller prey though they will attack large prey. To conquer large prey and individual Nanuqsaurus will attack from ambush and attempt to inflict either massive, bloodletting wounds or attempt to crush the skull of its victim. In pairs these predators will drive prey into an ambush; one individual herding game toward another’s hiding spot.
Young remain with their parent or parents for nearly one year before leaving or being chased away. Depending on the success of the mated pair, this may also apply to the adult male. In some cases, males have been observed to be driven away and shortly after chase down their own offspring and consume them.
Durring the winter, the feather coat increases in fullness to provide both winter camouflage and insulation against the elements. As the temperatures warm the winter coat slowly falls away exposing more skin. By the time summer has been reached the entire coat will disappear.
Domestication: Nanuqsaurus is a quite tamable species compared to some of its other Tyrannosauridae family members. Their somewhat social nature, playfulness, and need for constant feeding can make them become quickly dependent on humans. They provide excellent mounts and somewhat decent guards for the home. Their tendency to roam means even tamed Nanuqsaurus may roam away from their human trainers for days at a time.
However, despite their ability to be tamed, Nanuqsaurus is also an infamous hunter of human beings. As colder weather sets in and resources become more scarce these carnivores will intentionally target human settlements in search of food. Being an ambush predators, humans will often not see the attack coming until it is too late.
Finally, Nanuqsaurus feathers are well liked and make for great decoration, stuffing, and use in clothing.
Rarity: Uncommon
Unlock Price: TBA
Cost to Tame: TBA

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 am

I'm still working, slowly but surely, on this project. I'm still seeking members and staff. I could use the help or at least some input. If you're interested at all please let me know here or feel free to register at my RPG Forum.

Currently working on the Talon Isle portion of the Vade Mecum. My hope is to complete this with between now and next weekend. With the completion of this section of the Vade Mecum I hope to open the game to be played as each area with a pre-created Kingdom will now also have a roster of dinosaurs living in and around it.

The Vade Mecum: Vade Mecum of Dinosauria (Field Guide)

A little inspiration:
The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Tumblr_nyc860vZrQ1r426wco1_500

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 am

Completed a few more entries in both the Talon Island and Rain Forest sections. A few of these entries may appear familiar to Live the Legend players, who were around toward the end of the RPG's days, as they were my profiles created for the RPG. Rather than let them go to waste, and to speed up finishing more of the field guide, I used them in place of another dinosaur or simply added them into the Vade Mecum.

Check it out: Rain Forest and Talon Isle Updated

And some more awesome artwork for inspiration!
The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Raptor_rider_wip_2_by_sirhanselot-d8bnwes

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Continued with updates today, adding 3 more profiles to the Talon Isle section of the Vade Mecum to include: Shunosaurus lii, Jiangjunosaurus junggarensis, and Fukuisaurus tetoriensis. This leaves only two more profiles to complete the Talon Isle Vade Mecum; Arambourgiania philadelphiae and Shaochilong maortuensis.

Completing this profiles will round out the portions of Terra Magna with human populations established. Though there will be blank spots where profiles havent yet been completed this means the game will be roughly playable. There will be just a few more edits to be made. Once we have a player population, and hopefully some staff, I hope to finish the Vade Mecum with member input to include which species to include and what their characteristics should be.

I hope to see some registrations soon as I believe that in less than two weeks the game will be open and running. Please consider Registering if you are interested in taking part.

Anyway, check it out: Talon Isle Vade Mecum

Finally, a little more inspiration and two instead of one this time:

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Art-fantasy-dinosaur-rider

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Dinosaur_rider_by_nathanrosario

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:20 am

Finished another profile for Talon Isle, the massive Pterosaur Arambourgiania. Little is known about this species and it the largest Pterosaur I could find near Asia. The A bit of its behavior is based on the Philippine Sea Eagle. Here it is for you viewing pleasure.

Quote :

Arambourgiania philadelphiae
Height: 16 ft
Wingspan: 39 ft
Weight: 250 lbs
Description: Among the large Pterosaurs found on Terra Magna, many features are similar to other species but on a much larger scale. The neck is the longest part of the body with the beak taking a close second. The legs are powerful enough for walking but the feet are not powerful enough for gripping prey. The crest is relatively small and simple when compared to other species. Arambourgiania is often seen walking on its hands and feet, head elevated high to find prey. The body is covered in simple, yet thick feather covering meant to protect Arambourgiania from the cold at high altitudes it nests and flies at.
Coloration: The body is brown, the underbelly beige or white in both sexes. The chest muscles in males are a soft blue that wraps from the chest to just above the shoulders. The males also have blue crests and a stripe of blue that runs down the face just in front of the eye. The legs and wings are both a remarkably bright shade of white. From the tips of the wings to about the midpoint, near the hand, the forward edge of the wing takes on random maroon markings.
Habitat: Talon Isle
Diet: Piscivore
Social Structure: Arambourgiania lives in mated pairs for the majority of their life after leaving the nest. Should a mate die, it is common for Arambourgiania to remain solitary but on occasion may find a new permanent mate.
Behavior: Arambourgiania are in some ways the largest carnivore on Talon Isle, at least by height and wing size. The light frame of these massive Pterosaurs makes them easy prey if they can be caught. However, despite their size, Arambourgiania is capable of taking flight very quickly.
These large predators’ diets consist mostly of fish but they are quite capable hunters of small game to include: Darwinopterus, Incisivosaurus, Microceratu, Guanlong, and Beipiaosaurus. Juvenile or infant Fukuisaurus and Shunosaurus may also become prey. Even Liaoningopterus have been seen knocked from the air by these larger predators and consumed on the ground. The massive beak is used to stab and clamp onto small prey, the force of which can crush or break bones or cause internal damage. While hunting on the ground pairs of Arambourgiania will often use distraction to catch prey. One of the mates will capture the attention of the target from a short distance away as the other approaches from behind, in flight to catch the prey item. Fishing is done by skimming the water in flight or stalking shallows from land.
Despite its size, Arambourgiania is remarkably agile and quick in its flight when needed. However, a large portion of this pterosaurs activity is conducted while on the ground. Most flying is actually gliding by riding air currents to conserve energy.
Breeding displays by Arambourgiania are both majestic and dangerous. The pairs will renew their bond each year through a serious of aerial feats. The mated pair will take turns flying over one another, the bottom individual will flip upside down to enter a dive while the partner above enters the dive while remaining above its mate. These pairs will also perform aerial jousting by flying at one another at high speeds and maneuvering around the other at seemingly the last second. After these courtships are complete, the mated pair will return to their yearly nest and begin repairing or improving it. Nests are built in the mountains of Breeding will take place shortly after and egg laying within a few weeks.
Both parents tend to their growing chicks until the first flight, at which time the adults will abandon their young to their own fates.
Domestication: Arambourgiania are a religious symbol of the Mizu Kodomo as well as symbol of the Empire. These Pterosaurs hold a prestigious place among the clans. They are considered reincarnated souls of the dead that have reached enlightenment. They are also though to aid in carrying other souls to the heavens.
Taming an Arambourgiania is a feat in itself but is possible. An egg must be secured before birth, which is incredibly dangerous to achieve due to the nesting sites and guarding parents. Once an egg has been hatched the adopted parent must imprint heavily on the chick. Eventually, as the Pterosaur grows, these beasts can be used as mounts, enabling clan members to reach the heavens while still alive. These accomplishment is considered very prestigious as well. It is believed a chick will only bond with a soul that is close to enlightenment, speaking to the spirituality and pureness of the individual caring for the Arambourgiania.

An additional influence on this profile is the Dinotopia series and its "Skybax Riders." Here are some inspirational photos from Dinotopia. While these might not represent reality in the sense a Pterosaur, even a massive one, probably couldnt carry a human in flight I could not pass up the opportunity to have characters ride the closest thing to real dragons.

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Skybax+Rider.sm

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Skybax_riders

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Talon Isle is finished! I will be putting a few finishing touches on a few things and I believe the game could start this weekend. Be sure to register if you're interested! Give It A Try, Register Today!

The next step in the Vade Mecum is the Rain Forest. Here's a preview:

Dryosaurus altus
Heterodontosaurus tuki
Masiakasaurus knopfleri
Ouranosaurus nigeriensis
Lurdusaurus arenatus
Euskelosaurus Browni
Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
Majungasaurus crenatissimus
Afrovenator abakensis
Alanqa ibrahim
Suchomimus aegyptiacus
Spinophorosaurus nigerensis

In honor of the completion of the Talon Isle Vade Mecum, here are some samurai and dinosaurs:

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game 246831-samurai-T-Rex-Tyrannosaurus_rex-fantasy_art-digital_art-dinosaurs-sword-katana-736x459

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:47 am

The Rainforest Vade Mecum is just shy of half way, 1 more entry, complete now. I'm still chugging along. I've set up a counts at a few forum RPG advertising sites. I intended to add the proper "buttons" to the forum to officially get The Dinosaur Kingdoms listed this weekend. If you are interested now is the time to sign up and help out to get some freebies for in game use (Not really money so it's technically free anyway).

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 12:00 am

The Game is now open for play! Thats right, I've decided enough is complete to begin playing! Although there are some blanks to fill in and things to be edited, this will serve as the BETA for the game. The Talon Isle and Rain Forest Vade Mecum are now complete, leaving only 3 more areas to fill in!

I'm hoping to have some registrations and players ready to post!
Registration Link!

Another inspiration picture, This one from the cover of "The Dinosaur Knights" book:
The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Dinosaurknightslg-809x538

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 9:25 am

This is really cool Speigal, I am just applying for a contract quote right now...but as soon as I get a moment tonight I will register. This looks awesome. Right up my street. Reminds me a lot of Dinotopia, mixed in with a more violent an realistic medieval world. So cool!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 am

Thank you so much Hellothasaurus! Not only for your I Teresa but for even replying in this thread.

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 10:47 am

I am sure a few others with will be interested such as Osh and we can get a good group of rpers together who will grow the RP. I love exploring new concepts and this blends what I like together really well. Dinosaurs are epic and so are human moralities...combine the two and it's epic.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Here's a little background story, history lesson for those interested!

The History of Terra Magna is brief in written form; most knowledge is passed down by storytelling. Thus, the facts become skewed over time and even shaped to fit personal beliefs. What is recorded here is believed to be the most factual account of the on goings of the people of Terra Magna.

Of The Desert And People Of The Sands:

In the sands and mountains of the desert, the hot dry expanse of the Pale Sea and Cleaving Mountains, are two peoples that were once a singular people. A brief but violent civil war, based on religious values, was fought that lead to the outing of one group from their home in Portus. In fact, the true reasoning for the “War of Division” was the interpretation of the religion shared by the people. The Proprious were far more lenient whereas the Agito still stuck to strict values. The Agito, as they are known, now wander the deserts as nomadic traders while the Proprious remain in the capital city of Portus.

Time would eventually heal the wounds drive in the strife between the two factions, though never completely. The Agito regularly visit their once home city of Portus yearly. At one point their arrival was celebrated by the Proprious, as their long lest relatives brought news, treasures, and tales of the surrounding world to the city. As of late, the excitement over the arrival of the Agito is fading. It is said the rulers of the Portus do not want their influence spread amongst their people. They believe the Agito will ruin the wealth the city has gathered and drag the Proprious into less prosperous, old ways.

Tensions are growing slowly between these people of the desert, each side slowly becoming more in tuned to its version of their belief system. It seems that the situation may reach a point where none would like to see it arrive again. Time will only tell what is in store for these divided people.

Of a Kingdom Set In Gold:

Teocuitlatl Tlahtoani, Golden Kingdom, is thought to be the most powerful and richest of all the established lands in Terra Magna. The Kingdom is fed by its own bounty as well as a flowing trade network and tributes from what are considered “lesser people.”  Wealth and material things are said to hold more value than the lives of the common people within the walls of the city and even more so in the surrounding towns and villages associated with Teocuitlatl Tlahtoani.

It said that the Golden Kingdom once conducted a war upon a rivalling people of the Southern Jungles. It is rumored that these people were all but destroyed, their cities looted and burned, and the former Kingdom has been wiped from the history books. Of course, this is denied by the ruling parties of the Teocuitlatl Tlahtoani.  Thus, many fear their spreading influence as it seeps across the land; an influence that preaches of wealth and goods and no regard for people.

Yet, a large portion of the peoples of Terra Magna conduct business with the Golden Kingdom, whether from fear or desire for riches is unknown. Small kingdoms and villages see the Teocuitlatl Tlahtoani as the biggest threat to the continent and world. It is believed the destruction of peace, religion, and value of nature will bring about destruction of the world. However, others believe the past is best left in the past and now is a time of transition. Either way, Teocuitlatl Tlahtoani remains a jewel in Terra Magna, whether brings prosperity or destruction is yet to be decided.

Of A Well Protected Island:

The Mizu Kodomo Empire lies isolated, and somewhat forgotten, on the secluded Talon Isle. It is here that the lands most devout religious people hide away from a world that they view with contempt. Spirituality ranks highest amongst the list of values within the confines of this large island.

Yet, the Mizu Kodomo people continue to grow in their beliefs to the point where it is questioned whether they as a people should spread their influence or religion. It has been assumed that the lesser people of the mainland are lost souls who need only to be taught they ways to a purer life style. Thus these lost souls will wander no more. This thought process is becoming more popular among the clans and people, so much so that the belief that Talon Isle is a sanctuary and rather a staging point.

In an Empire where life is so disciplined and beliefs are stronger than any other thought, a time of change can be dangerous for those within and those outside of these secluded lands.

Of The Frozen North And People Yet To Be Known:

It is rumored that in the North Lands live a people of ill though and evil deeds. They are feared by even adults, although that is seldom admitted when people speak of them to children. They are said to have no regard for any life or object and may even worship the ideas of death and murder. Their existence is questionable but there are tales, new and old, that attest to them being found in the northern most reaches of the Continent, a land that is said to be cursed.

Of A Lost People And A Destroyed City:

It is said that a people of the darkest complexion once thrived in the Rain Forests of Terra Magna. It is rumored that they once rivaled even the Golden Kingdom in strength, power, and wealth. Tales say that the Golden Kingdom would not tolerate the idea of a rival to its influence, as they people were said to be good and wholesome, not driven by greed and material objects. The story says the Golden Kingdom gathered a might host that conquered these once might people. However, they were not enslaved or simply conquered by eradicated from the continent. The newest of tales say these people still exist, that their city is ruined but still contains treasures in both wealth and knowledge just waiting to be found.

Of A Continent And People Transitioning:

The wisest of the priests, scholars, and rulers of Terra Magna say that the world is facing a time of change, that conflicting views by the people will come to a head and change the known world forever. Some assure destruction and others preach prosperity. Debates on the future could be endless but one thing is certain, Terra Magna is on the verge of change but for better or worse is undecided.

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Very cool seems like a lot of different cultural societies and ideas. I have just registered. Looks top notch. I wonder what kind of dinosaurs would inhabit the frozen north, polar allosaur? I must say after reading all the information I am most tempted by the northern faction.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Welcome aboard, you've been approved. Also, thanks for the interest, it's greatly apprecaited.

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Great, I am looking forward to creating my character. Let's do this!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:05 pm

The Game is slowly coming to life, at least slightly.

Our first characters have been submitted and approved. Also, the first new player created Kingdom is on its way.

Currently I'm still seeking staff, members, and players. If you'd like to take part, please come on down.

THE DINOSAUR KINGDOMS

And, like always, some inspiration:

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Barbarians_what_ride_dinosaurs_wip_by_sirhanselot-d8enqau
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Just set my character up and did my first post. Cool RPG, the more who join in the better. Get on it!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm still hoping for members, there are a few active players right now posting. I would love to see more people involved!

The Dinosaur Kingdoms!

Here are some pictures to inspire the creative side in you to come register and play my RPG!

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Pzo1126_ch7_sample_adventure_preview_2a_wat_by_akeiron-d70gjya

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Dinosaur_Concept_Art_01_Derk_Venneman

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game DESERT-CROSSING.sm_.cr_
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game   The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dinosaur Kingdoms Role Playing Game
Page 1 of 1