HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 am

I miss the Role Play here and at Jurassic Park Legacy. I know its not everyone's but it is my primary interest. I'm sure there are other who could say the same. With that being said, I had an idea I'd like to put out on the table. I'd like to recreate Live the Legend and implement my Build The Legend idea on another forum. The forum would be strictly created to play Jurassic Park/World based RPGs.

The reason for a separate forum is to act as a center point for multiple Jurassic Park/World websites or forums. My thought is to receive the permission of each forum administrator to become "The Official RPG" of the entire community. This would give us a larger crowd for the RPGs as well create a center point for potentially exchanging forum members between fan sites. I would then like to have each involved forum or site have a separate news thread at the RPG forum, just to share whats going on at their individual site. The two other great parts to this would be the advertising ability at "RPG Domain Sites," which works really well and a sort of independence for Role Players.

My previous attempt at an RPG, The Dinosaur Kingdoms, fell through due to lack of interest. I poured a lot of work into it but at the end 3 active members were not enough. I would love to see some of the things learned from that attempt be implemented into Jurassic Park/World based RPGs. I also hope that having an actual fandom would boost the activity.

Anyway, if you're interested in this idea please let me know. Also, if you think its a horrible idea or dont care at all, just post it here. I hate seeing views pop up but no comments. Also, if you are interested, I'll want some help in doing this. I could honestly do it all myself as all the works been done before but I want assistance. So, again, let me know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:55 am

Just so I understand it correctly, would it be hosted here? or off site?

I do miss the RP of LtL, It was a sad day when it shut down.

Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Yes, it would be sort of like when LTL was on its own forum for strictly LTL.

The intent of doing so is:
1. To open the game to the entire JP/JW Community
2. To eliminate the chance one site shuts down or decides managing the RPGs is too much work
3. To avoid tension between staff at a "Hosting" community and RPG Staff.
4. To associate all JP/JW community members despite any "cliques" about the individual communities

I feel like this could be a good thing, it was something I had proposed to people a while ago but I didnt end up pursuing it due to my own RPG. However, that RPG fell through as their is no fan base because it strictly came from my imagination.

Also, this avoids a few of the issues I've foreseen or experienced with LTL. Whether it be incompetent staff holding positions because of who they know, animosity over the duties the RPG staff to the main forum, and potential members/players that dont want to associate with specific forums/groups. Finally, one site cant just shut down the RPG or hold a ruling hand over how it is run or things are interpreted. If a community shuts down, than the game keeps going and the players arent just cut off, especially those members who specifically play RPG's.

Some people might night like what I said above here but I speak my mind and the truth. For an RPG to be active and fun, it needs players that are active and enthusiastic. My goal would be to use LTL as a basis and turn the game into something players have shaped into exactly what keeps them coming back for more.
Back to top Go down
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 pm

I'm all for the idea.

I don't know about anyone else.

Right now my main concern is bolstering here though but I'd definitely join up as a player that's for sure.

Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Well, let's hope more than just you and I are interested.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Well, due to the lack of response I'm not going to pursue this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend   

Back to top Go down

Role Players and anyone else interested in Live/ Build The Legend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1