Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Justice Smith cast in JP5

Go down 
+8
Spinosaur4.4
Oshronosaurus
Raptor Dash
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
1morey
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

Justice Smith cast in JP5 Empty
PostSubject: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 pm

http://jurassicoutpost.com/justice-smith-joins-jurassic-world-2-cast/

EDIT: This was meant to go into the Official News thread.

The Post/Reply buttons still get me confused. :/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 1:55 am

To be honest I saw a lot of apathy towards his casting on social media among some of the regular people. I don't know how to explain it.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 7:39 am

I wasn't blown away by his casting like I was at the possibility of Rafe Spall and Toby Jones joining the next film, but I was happy to hear he got a part. It's never a bad thing when young up and coming actors find a big profile film to boost their profile.

I think the biggest hurdle this film will have to make is shutting up those loudmouthed haters who refuse to believe that even if they didn't like Jurassic World there can never be a great movie in this franchise.

Justice Smith cast in JP5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm thrilled, although I have no idea why.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
To be honest I saw a lot of apathy towards his casting on social media among some of the regular people. I don't know how to explain it.

To be fair, it's not hard to see why. I don't know ANYBODY who saw Paper Towns let alone anybody who cares about it. I still think that they might need a big high power name.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

To be fair, it's not hard to see why. I don't know ANYBODY who saw Paper Towns let alone anybody who saw the movie, let alone cares about it. I still think that they might need a big high power name.

I saw a lot of apathy regarding the casting among the fans too.

Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Dash

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Justice Smith cast in JP5 Video-10

He looks like a young African-American Ian Malcolm! I wonder if he's Ian's son, maybe Kelly's brother?

Back to top Go down
http://raptordash.wordpress.com
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 9:08 pm

my guess is an unrelated character. Arby, perhaps?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 12:02 am

He is reportedly playing a young scientist/system's architect named "Clint" who who gets roped into being hired by Masrani Global & hitting a field exercise against his own intuition along with Claire & Owen.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 am

dance2nite wrote:
He is reportedly playing a young scientist/system's architect named "Clint" who who gets roped into being hired by Masrani Global & hitting a field exercise against his own intuition along with Claire & Owen.

Where are you getting the bit about 'getting roped into being hired by masrani/doing the field exercise thing'? Cant find anything about that anywhere

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:33 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Where are you getting the bit about 'getting roped into being hired by masrani/doing the field exercise thing'? Cant find anything about that anywhere

Chris Pugh on Twitter, he said the info was revealed when the leaked audition tape for Clint come out.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 7:25 am

So that means he's Clint? And he's probably "hired" against his will to work for this corporation? Can we say he really is an young scientist? Wish he was hired to work with Wu. XD

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Justice Smith cast in JP5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 am

Justice Smith is only 21 years old so I doubt he will play a scientist (unless if his character is a Sheldon Cooper's like genius who entered college way earlier than most people). A student, assistant or even a technician role seems more likely

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:26 am

dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Chris Pugh on Twitter, he said the info was revealed when the leaked audition tape for Clint come out.

Oh yeah...about that. Now I remember. I actually have the video saved in my downloads file if anyone wants to watch it.

(I mean now that the part is cast)

Also from that video he is apparently talking to Owen for part of it, and it implied Owen and Claire might have relationship issues.

Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Dash

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Oh yeah...about that. Now I remember. I actually have the video saved in my downloads file if anyone wants to watch it.

Also from that video he is apparently talking to Owen for part of it, and it implied Owen and Claire might have relationship issues.

I'm so curious now, please post it!

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Raptor Dash wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I'm so curious now, please post it!
I wish, but here's the thing. This board doesn't let me upload stuff directly from my computer. I can try direct messaging it to people on twitter. (will have to be in two parts since the twitter video length is 2:20 and the video is 2:45.

Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Dash

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I wish, but here's the thing. This board doesn't let me upload stuff directly from my computer. I can try direct messaging it to people on twitter. (will have to be in two parts since the twitter video length is 2:20 and the video is 2:45.

Can you upload it to youtube?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Raptor Dash wrote:
Justice Smith cast in JP5 Video-10

The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
Justice Smith is only 21 years old so I doubt he will play a scientist (unless if his character is a Sheldon Cooper's like genius who entered college way earlier than most people). A student, assistant or even a technician role seems more likely

Maybe it's just me, but the guy looks like he's in 8th grade middle school or a 9th grade high school freshman. He just looks far too young, somewhere between Zach and Grey.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 8:39 pm

So not a scientist? Just maybe an assistant or a tech lab guy? Neutral

I was expecting he would be an young genius scientist so he would add to the science team...

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 pm

I think the last bit of casting we will get this year will be the role of Lucy & then that will be it for a while. I remember smaller roles in JW like Judy, Lauren, Katie, Andy & Brian Tee were all cast around the start of the filming so I'd say the main cast for the sequel will be :

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

then more minor characters..
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 5:21 pm

dance2nite wrote:
I think the last bit of casting we will get this year will be the role of Lucy & then that will be it for a while. I remember smaller roles in JW like Judy, Lauren, Katie, Andy & Brian Tee were all cast around the start of the filming so I'd say the main cast for the sequel will be :

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

We have to remember that Toby, Rafe and BD Wong aren't confirmed yet. Toby and Rafe are in talks and still didn't close the cast.

So far we have 3 actors confirmed for JW2 and 4 characters, 2 we still don't know who's the actor/actress.

If those 7 are final, then yeah I think we have our main characters of this movie. JW had 11 characters (counting minor roles like Zara), so that means the rest would be probably minor.

I would say Owen, Claire, Lucy and possibly the villain (played by Toby or Rafe) will be main roles, with Clint and Wu being secondary support roles.

I wish Wu was main but I have serious doubts on it.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 12:11 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

We have to remember that Toby, Rafe and BD Wong aren't confirmed yet. Toby and Rafe are in talks and still didn't close the cast.

So far we have 3 actors confirmed for JW2 and 4 characters, 2 we still don't know who's the actor/actress.

If those 7 are final, then yeah I think we have our main characters of this movie. JW had 11 characters (counting minor roles like Zara), so that means the rest would be probably minor.

I would say Owen, Claire, Lucy and possibly the villain (played by Toby or Rafe) will be main roles, with Clint and Wu being secondary support roles.

Yes I do agree but I think Toby & Rafe have joined I'd say at this stage. BD is the big question mark but from Frank's comments it seems he will have some sort of role, if only minor like JW? scratch
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 2:19 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

Yes I do agree but I think Toby & Rafe have joined I'd say at this stage. BD is the big question mark but from Frank's comments it seems he will have some sort of role, if only minor like JW? scratch

Hope it's bigger role than JW. I mean, it's not too much to ask for 10 minutes of screentime for Wu, is it?

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

Hope it's bigger role than JW. I mean, it's not too much to ask for 10 minutes of screentime for Wu, is it?

Yes I agree, at least give him Masrani/Hoskins type screentime please... Cool
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

- Chris Pratt (Owen)
- Justice Smith (Clint?)
- Toby Jones (?)
- Rafe Spall (?)
- BD Wong (Wu)
- ? (Lucy)

Yes I agree, at least give him Masrani/Hoskins type screentime please... Cool

Yep, I would be pretty happy with it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 am

Apparently they have finished auditions for the role of Lucy in recent weeks so we should know soon how will be playing her!? Cool
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 1:27 am

dance2nite wrote:
Apparently they have finished auditions for the role of Lucy in recent weeks so we should know soon how will be playing her!? Cool

Out of curiosity...was this said in the 'everything we know about JW2' video by jurassic outpost?

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Out of curiosity...was this said in the 'everything we know about JW2' video by jurassic outpost?

No, on one of the audition page forums, someone said they had stopped taking tapes recently.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:58 pm

dance2nite wrote:

I hate to derail this thread, but wouldn't Masrani still be hurting financially after the second disaster at Nublar? And that's not even counting how much they had to pay the victims and their families. I know that Hoskins said that Chapter 9 would prevent that, but even so, with PR being king in this day and age, one would think that Masrani would have basically been forced to do so to save face, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 6:36 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

No, on one of the audition page forums, someone said they had stopped taking tapes recently.

Are you referring to this forum?
http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/552104105/p/5

PostSubject: Re: Justice Smith cast in JP5   Justice Smith cast in JP5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Justice Smith cast in JP5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next