We're More Than Just A UNIX System...Enjoy The Boards!

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RaptorLover0823
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?   Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm watching TLW right now, and I have realized something that could have changed the outcome of the JP universe for the better.

So alright, John Hammond wants to gather support from the public to turn Sorna into a completely isolated ecosystem, right? And Peter Ludlow wants a park in San Diego, right? Couldn't the two have compromised to have a small park in San Diego, which could show the world what they would be trying to preserve on Sorna?

It seems fair to me.

BarrytheOnyx
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:37 am

My guess is that since InGen was on the verge of Chapter 11, the option of "going big or going home" by capturing a large number of dinosaurs was the only option they sought to exploit, as the most profitable. We can assume that Hammond's attempts to study and preserve the island were costing the company precious time and money and not providing a solution to their financial needs. You had Hammond's long term goals working against Ludlow's short term ambitions, the latter of which had no consideration for the long term consequences of exposing dinosaurs to the public on the mainland. Plus I imagine the bad blood between Hammond and Ludlow had heightened the competetiveness between them, each determined to prove the other wrong.

Still, your solution is easily the most rational one they could have come to. But if that did happen.... well we wouldn't have a movie. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Tyrannosaurus rex
Tyrannosaurus rex

PostSubject: Re: Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?   Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Hammond was most likely a bit too traumatized by having his own grandchildren almost killed by Rexy (even if that was accidentally) and by the raptors (which WERE trying to kill them) for him to consider that. And that's not even taking into account him explaining the whole thing to their parents. If he was traumatized by that, then I don't think he can stomach handling the possibility of having other people's grand-kids go through that, no matter how small the possibility is. Not only that, but given how he had to have eventually known what Nedry did, and figured out why in his head, I don't think he could have trusted his nephew either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?   

Back to top Go down

Could TLW have been avoided with win/win results?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1