Listened through Jack's commentary of JP, very nice. Some random points that popped up to mind afterwards:
- Really agree with Muldoon's 'incompetence' at his work
I mean I've pretty much always thought that way, at least ever since I first read the book in the late 90's and compared the two portrayals, but Jack really put all of his actions in the even more dimmer light. I mean he's an amazing character and Bob has just the right attitude for it, but c'mon Robert, you were having a really bad week at work! I even started to think, who the hell says "they should all be destroyed" when group investing the stability of the island comes over... and your boss is there as well
- Even though I don't agree with him on how Malcolm was supposedly still greatly portrayed in TLW, and especially how his change wasn't even shown or talked about, Jack did make an interesting point on how you have a character that's actually progressed, while Grant from JP to JP3 has "de-progressed" (especially his relationship with kids)
- When Grant asks Malcolm about the kids, I never actually thought it more as just him making some casual conversation while looking out of window. But I guess it makes more sense in Jack's point of view, you know that Grant's actually been starting to think about having kids since the start of the film when Ellie talked about it, and is curious already there. Even though he hasn't really-really started to warm for Lex and Tim yet
- The costume department did amazing job indeed, and when Jack lists the all the base colors for our main characters and the rest, it really makes you appreciate how you differentiate all of them just by core tones. Subconsciously anyway
- There's bird crap on Triceratops?
- Arnold has pink socks, how did I miss this crucial point as well
Then again I'm quite color blind so...
- Didn't know that the original plan was for T-Rex to drag the car down the hill/road little bit, which could explain the lack of fence on the other said of the road when the land cruiser went down
- The theory that there are moats all around the T-Rex paddock, but that they are just missing from the T-Rex paddock on tiny bit where the goat feeding area is because of convenience reasons, is believable
- It was funny how he pointed out the bits where the "big raptor" was, but still didn't seem to be overly sure with lines like "or is it that one? I get confused" lol
Now obviously I didn't agree with him in everything, particularly when it came to the sequel comparisons, but again as I said before he's very enthusiastic and genuine about it, and backs up his opinions well, so it's all fine and enjoyable to listen to.