Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Unpopular Movie Opinions

Go down 
+18
newLEGACYinc
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
HennexForest
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantGojira
Troyal1
K_Ozz92
V.a.nublarensis
Aegyptiacus3
smaugtheterrible
TheRexMan22
Rhedosaurus
TheDreamMaster
Océane
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
The Geeky Zoologist
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 4:35 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Jurassic Park III was not a bad movie.

Alien is overrated and "The Thing" is a much better film about about isolation and dealing with an Alien. 

Disney is cheapening Star Wars.

The Star Wars prequels are FAR superior to the Hobbit movies, and I feel the same the other way around. I feel LOTR destroys the OG SW trilogy.

2005 King Kong is a masterpiece to me. 

This should be fun!

In all honesty, I actually think Alien is a tad overrated for me too, and when I looked at my film ratings I realized that The Thing was rated higher. To me Alien is a solid 4/5 film but definitely not Ridley Scott's masterpiece, that I would submit to either Blade Runner, Gladiator or even The Martian.

Not going to lie, I am also concerned by the over-proliferation of Star Wars by Disney. Its clear they will follow the scent of cash anywhere, and TFA is the third highest grossing film in the world so of course they will keep tapping the franchise for more. Do I like/enjoy the new movies from Disney? Yes. But do I want to live in a world where a Star Wars movie is an annual occurrence? Hell no.

While I am happy to jump at any chance to prop up LOTR, I really struggle to see the Star Wars Prequels as "FAR superior" to The Hobbit films. I know this is the 'unpopular opinions' section, but I honestly felt something for the story and characters in The Hobbit, at least for my part. The only SW Prequel I can watch without feeling annoyed is Revenge of the Sith.

In light of the recent Kong: Skull Island, I have developed a newfound respect and enjoyment for Peter Jackson's King Kong, and not just when you consider the spectrum of bad/disappointing remakes that his film is actually one of the best ones. I can't quite call it a masterpiece, personally, but I do really like that its getting new love.

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Okay.... Here I Go.

La La Land is a decent film, I don't think it's anywhere close to being a masterpiece.
I hate Frozen. The writing in it is lazy and it's riddled with plot holes.
I like Jurassic Park 3. THERE I SAID IT!
I honestly thought Spider-Man 3 was a decent film. Incredibly flawed, but there are some legit enjoyable moments.
I think that the Star Wars prequels weren't that bad. They were just.... meh.
I think BVS is the worst superhero movie of all time. It has no cohesive narrative, there are plot holes out of the wazoo, the pacing is slower than a snail moving through molasses, and it has no proper knowledge of their character or their source material.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:46 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:
Okay.... Here I Go.

I think BVS is the worst superhero movie of all time. It has no cohesive narrative, there are plot holes out of the wazoo, the pacing is slower than a snail moving through molasses, and it has no proper knowledge of their character or their source material.

Even worse then Fant4stic?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 12:55 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Okay.... Here I Go.

Honestly... yeah. This movie is filled with so much granger it makes it incredibly hard to watch. Don't get me wrong, Fan4stic was a trankwreck (get it?), but at least it wasn't filled up with so much self importance and trying to hard to be deep. But hey, that's just how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 1:23 am

- Jurassic World is the best JP sequel.

- Godzilla 2014 was a dull, plodding film that didn't know what it wanted to be. Fell off the rails after Bryan Cranston's character died, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a terrible lead actor with absolutely no charisma.

- The original Star Wars films are incredibly dated and filled with terrible acting. Overrated would be an understatement.

- The first half of Batman vs Superman is near perfect.

- The Desolation of Smaug is on par (more or less) with the first 3 LOTR films.

- Captain America: The First Avenger > The Winter Soldier

- Blade Runner is dated, and way too far up its own ass.

That's all I got for now.

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:38 am

TyrantGojira wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Okay.... Here I Go.

Honestly... yeah. This movie is filled with so much granger it makes it incredibly hard to watch. Don't get me wrong, Fan4stic was a trankwreck (get it?), but at least it wasn't filled up with so much self importance and trying to hard to be deep. But hey, that's just how I see it.

Fair enough. I still see Fant4stic as a worse movie overall, but considering how much of a letdown BvS was, I'm not going to blame people for thinking that movie is worse.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

But isn't this what most of the GA thinks anyway? So does it qualify for this thread? (not that there is a definition for that)
Back to top Go down
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
HennexForest

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:47 pm

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is becoming a bore to watch.

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are two of the better superhero films to come out in the last decade (Suicide Squad deserves it's reputation).

Film studios should focus less on building cinematic universes.

Alien 3 isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Ridley Scott should stop making Alien films.

The Star Wars prequels are better films than The Force Awakens.

The Abrams directed Star Trek films are decent at best.

The Kelvin timeline films ended being wasted potential overall and merely postponed Star Trek's near demise.

Beyond was the best of the Kelvin trilogy.

The Oriville looks like a better Star Trek project than anything CBS/Paramount has done in over a decade.

Last edited by HennexForest on Sun May 28, 2017 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

HennexForest wrote:

+++

I approve!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 7:14 pm

HennexForest wrote:
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is becoming a bore to watch.

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are two of the better superhero films to come out in the last decade (Suicide Squad deserves it's reputation).

Alien 3 isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Ridley Scott should stop making Alien films.

The Star Wars prequels are better films than The Force Awakens.

The Abrams directed Star Trek films are decent at best.

Beyond was the best of the Kelvin trilogy.

There is a lot here that I agree with! In terms of opinions that tend to turn a lot of heads, I stand by my defense of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. While not entirely bored of the MCU, yet, I do find it highly overrated; they have a stunning model for success but take so little risks at the same time.

I do not see eye to eye with Episodes I and II being better than The Force Awakens, but an argument could be made for Episode III as a quality film. I only included Ridley Scott not making more Alien films because I'm actually seeing the film tomorrow, and have successfully avoided spoilers thus far. Now I'm just interested to see where I fall on the Alien: Covenant spectrum.

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Dead Poets Society is a great movie that is ruined, if not outright destroyed, by its ending.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 7:43 pm

'Titus' is the best Shakespearean adaptation on screen.

'Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind' thinks it's more intelligent than it actually is.

Same with 'Sunshine'.

'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' sucks balls.

Will Ferrell, Jack Black and Steve Carell are not funny, and I hate their facial expressions. Except Ferrell in the first Austin Powers, for the few seconds he was there, that was fine. But that's it.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Mistral wrote:

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:04 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Needless to say, I did not bother with the second one Razz

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

- Godzilla 2014 was a dull, plodding film that didn't know what it wanted to be. Fell off the rails after Bryan Cranston's character died, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a terrible lead actor with absolutely no charisma.

- The original Star Wars films are incredibly dated and filled with terrible acting. Overrated would be an understatement.

- The first half of Batman vs Superman is near perfect.

- The Desolation of Smaug is on par (more or less) with the first 3 LOTR films.

- Captain America: The First Avenger > The Winter Soldier

- Blade Runner is dated, and way too far up its own ass.

That's all I got for now.
Yes!! Not to all of it but Star was is extremely overrated. The acting in the prequels is really bad, but its astonishing to me that people think SW had amazing dialogue and acting, with no cheesy moments. I agree it's better than the prequels but come on.

LOTR>>> Star Wars. 

And I think Blade runner is a steaming pile of sh*t. Just really pretty sh*t that looks incredible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:59 am

Meet the Parents is pretty funny.

Meet the Fockers isn't THAT bad.

Dante's Peak is kind of fun and rewatchable.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

But isn't this what most of the GA thinks anyway? So does it qualify for this thread? (not that there is a definition for that)

This forum isn't the GA, isn't it? Wink

Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:38 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

See what happens Larry!? Do you see what happens when you FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:43 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Never heard of this cut, now I've gotta see it!

Does it remove all the constant cursing btw?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:50 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

Lol that's amazing Razz

I'm sure the Dude appreciated this cut. So much that he just poured down straight vodka down the throat instead of mixing up white russian.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

The Lost World is as amazing as the original Jurassic Park.
The characters of The Lost World are just as memorable.
It has the most Jurassic Park feel out of any of the sequels.
And it is the best Jurassic sequel by far.
And I do not understand what is so horrible about the gymnastics scene

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Wonder Woman is a good movie but no the masterpiece that many people say it is.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

I wanted to add a few...

The Star Wars prequels are all awesome. There is nothing wrong with them. I would not change a thing about them. I Love Jar Jar Binks. Never unterstood what makes him so horribe.

I did not mind at all that The Force Awakens was similar to A New Hope.

And I also disagree with those who say that the Empire Strikes Back is the clear best Star Wars movie by far. I really like it do not get me wrong but I do not see it as being far above the others as many do.

Both Space Jam and Kazaam are among the best movies in the 1990s for me.

And the first 2 Power Ranger Movies (MMPR 1995 and Turbo 1997) are both classics.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:54 am

I don't like The Godfather; I found it slow and boring.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Some of the MCU is extremely overrated.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Here is a few more.

I have no problems with the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. To me it is the best Star Wars film overall.

Rouge One does not feel like Star Wars to me. The only time It felt like Star Wars was when Darth Vader was on screen. And I am also not a fan of how it tried to explain certain things that IMO ruin A New Hope.

There is no way to fix how The Last Jedi altered so many things in Star Wars (although I think half of the Star Wars fanbase is also aware of that).

I hated the fact that the 2017 Power Rangers movie was a remake of the 1993 original season. I never wanted other actors to play Jason, Zack, Kim, Billy, and Trini. I am not a fan of remakes wich is why I am not a fan of D.C. or Marvel wich seem to remake everything every day.

And please do not downvote me for this but I believe Fallen Kingdom was the JP film with the least buzz or hype. Even JP3 seemed to have more of a presence in stores and all that. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Sun May 02, 2021 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
newLEGACYinc
Embryo
Embryo
newLEGACYinc

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Ready to Rumble is not that bad.
Back to top Go down
JQuinzelle
Embryo
Embryo
JQuinzelle

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 am

-Dolittle was superior to Dr. Dolittle in every way.
-The Witch had a terrible ending.
-Justice League was fun to watch.
-Silent Hill had great direction and production and acting. It was hurt by a terrible script.
-Eva Mendes can't act.
-Lolita had terrible characters with half-assed motivations.
-Being a Marvel cinematic universe fan does not instantly make you a nerd or geek.
-Inside Out was better than all the Toy Story movies.
-The A Nightmare On Elm Street remake was a worthy addition to the franchise.
-Super Mario Bros. was not a terrible adaptation of the video game. It had many redeeming qualities.

My Website
My FanFiction
My Twitch Channel
Back to top Go down
http://www.ShyOfInterruption.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Unpopular Movie Opinions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Movie Opinions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next