Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 Live the Legend Redux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Live the Legend Redux   Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 pm

So, I've been missing LTL a lot and other RPGs are simply not cutting it for me. Being that I have the information and that its a waste to not use and preserve it, I've done this:

Jurassic Role Play Forum

I'm bringing LTL back to its former glory one way or another. Well, at least, Im attempting to. Im going to need players though and staff. I need input to make things exactly like we would want them. I need a community.

I had attempted to propose to multiple sites that we combine our efforts in creating a singular RPG to at least serve as some form of link in the community. I havent really heard back from anyone, so Im going to do it myself and invite other page members to join. Perhaps this can become a reality with a little patience and time.

I hope to bring Live the Legend back for us who it provided entertainment, safe haven, excitement, therapy, and good ol' writing practice to as well as introduce the newest JP/JW fans to a favorite past time.

So come check it out. Let me know what you think. Sign up and start posting your ideas.

As always, I'll be waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:03 am

For anyone interested, progress is being made rapidly due to the ease of merely posting already created information. The more interest that is expressed the sooner it will be done. In all actuality, it could be complete sometime tomorrow.

I will do my best to give you the best possible experience.

Here's an image of the board if you haven't visited yet. Also, you can turn off the music or turn it all the way down if it annoys you. If you intend to join, there is a poll about keeping or removing the music player.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 74
Points : 609
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 16
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 am

You know you have my support Spiegel, but perhaps it would be better to restrict the RP to a single island? This new RP's playerbase probably won't ever be as big as LtL's, so it's probably best to scale the content to the amount of active players there will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 am

@VoxelMush wrote:
You know you have my support Spiegel, but perhaps it would be better to restrict the RP to a single island? This new RP's playerbase probably won't ever be as big as LtL's, so it's probably best to scale the content to the amount of active players there will be.

The intent is to scale the RP and Forum to community size and player activity levels. This will be handled in the best possible way to keep the community active, engaged, and fresh without over burderning players or stretching activity too thin.

For expansion to take place:
1. The community will have to express an interest in doing so while being large and active enough to support such growth.
2. To keep the RPG/ Forum fresh in active.
- This would mean temporary closing an area to open a new, as if to pause that game. This would be handled in a manner that would allow players to finish out their current plot or story lines. As an example: Sorna grows redundant, thus all activity is paused there and Nublar (Or another island) is opened to keep people interested. It would be a lot like starting a video game with new a character or loading a new level in a video game.
- Other options would include introducing Build The Legend or similar JP/JW RPGs that fulfill the players needs to keep them active and engaged.

Expansion is a possibility and will be handled appropriately if and when the time comes and the opportunity presents itself. Should that not occur I will not stretch the players to a point of burdening them. I want to make it clear that, while possible and potentially a goal, an expansion wont take place without the community backing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 74
Points : 609
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 16
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 pm

@Spiegel wrote:
@VoxelMush wrote:
You know you have my support Spiegel, but perhaps it would be better to restrict the RP to a single island? This new RP's playerbase probably won't ever be as big as LtL's, so it's probably best to scale the content to the amount of active players there will be.

The intent is to scale the RP and Forum to community size and player activity levels. This will be handled in the best possible way to keep the community active, engaged, and fresh without over burderning players or stretching activity too thin.

For expansion to take place:
1. The community will have to express an interest in doing so while being large and active enough to support such growth.
2. To keep the RPG/ Forum fresh in active.
- This would mean temporary closing an area to open a new, as if to pause that game. This would be handled in a manner that would allow players to finish out their current plot or story lines. As an example: Sorna grows redundant, thus all activity is paused there and Nublar (Or another island) is opened to keep people interested. It would be a lot like starting a video game with new a character or loading a new level in a video game.
- Other options would include introducing Build The Legend or similar JP/JW RPGs that fulfill the players needs to keep them active and engaged.

Expansion is a possibility and will be handled appropriately if and when the time comes and the opportunity presents itself. Should that not occur I will not stretch the players to a point of burdening them. I want to make it clear that, while possible and potentially a goal, an expansion wont take place without the community backing it.

Sounds good. What's Build the Legend though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 288
Points : 832
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : A Farm

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm in!

Page looks good! I'm going to look around now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Great, I am accepting registrations as I could start the game at any time now. Im only waiting until I have a few more members to get things going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 941
Points : 1522
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 pm

I've just registered now! Getting acquainted with the list of extinct genera and the rules, but I look forward to having fun! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I've just registered now! Getting acquainted with the list of extinct genera and the rules, but I look forward to having fun! Wink

GREAT! We're happy to have you. I'll get you approves in just a moment. Posting should be open soon for the game to begin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
SmugTheFab
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 223
Points : 761
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Writing Isla Cray-Cray

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm

I hope this kicks off, it should be fun!

Also, I'm just curious, will the roleplay will have NPCs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

@SmugTheFab wrote:
I hope this kicks off, it should be fun!

Also, I'm just curious, will the roleplay will have NPCs?

Yes, there will be NPC's. I was hoping to find some rule sets I had already done in order to simply use them but it seems I may have to type up a new set. They'll be posted as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 pm

The Game Will Begin No Later Than Sunday February 5th!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Live the Legend Redux Is Open To Play


The game is starting and players open to post at their leisure. The weather and time of day are updated. Ambient dinosaur information will be coming shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

The game has started, our players are posting, and things are up to date. I am still looking for more members as I hope the amount of people interested in Role Playing is still larger than I think it is.

Also added a point and reputation system, as well as, a place to spend those points.

Come on down and check us out!

Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 74
Points : 614
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Humans will become playable as part of a survival-based event in the RPG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:59 am

Thats right, humans are coming! Having taken and applied all the lessons of my mostly unfavorable mainland plot, we are introducing humans as a group of stranded tourists. Less restrictions, no mandatory posts, not mandatory events, and a whole lot more player control. Come check out the rules here:

Human Character Rules!

If you're interested please join us in what we hope will be an engaging, fun, and new experience.



Restricted or not, here we come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 pm

While I know there isnt a ton of interest and no one will respond, I'd still like to let any mainframe members that might have the slightest tickle of interest know that the Humans are now on Isla Sorna and ready to be chased, injured, killed, and eaten.

Jurassic Role Play Portal Page

Sign up and join us if you'd like and then . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Points : 2372
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

Due to a number of circumstances, primarily a lack of interest and players, I'll be pausing the RPG. Though this may eventually lead to deletion, at this point I'm going to leave it open in hopes that somehow things will take a new turn for more activity.

Much like the RPG here, it seems the park is closing and potentially going extinct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   

Back to top Go down
 
Live the Legend Redux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Live the Legend Redux
» The Art of War - Massive Combat Talent Update is Live!
» Can bristlenose live in ponds?
» Live Roaming Camera Feed at LAC premiere
» Earthquake Live Map

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: