Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
It was just a simple thunderstorm...it was a tropical storm. That alone would be enough to clear out a theme park in real life.

They are aware of the magnitude storm before the staff leaves for the mainland with the boat (which clearly can still leave the harbor). If it was really actual safety concern and not just PR issue he would've made some changes and not just have left three other men to guard the place with him.  Obviously they were just planning to reschedule the rest of the park tour for the next morning, but even that seemed like nuisance
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:44 am

Starting to feel the same hype now as I did three years ago as production and casting for JW was really kicking into gear. And I believe that next year we'll be getting the JP movie many of has wanted to see since 1993. I mean, look at some of the evidence so far:

-Talented and proven horror director of one of my favorite movies (The Orphanage)
-Some of the cast have said it will be more scary and suspenseful (and I read they are filming a rain scene)
-We are finally off the islands (something I've personally wanted since TLW)
-Lots of dinosaurs we've not seen in other Movies (and the rumors are saying Dilophosaurus!)
-IAN MALCOLM IS F*****G BACK!!!

Hopefully we'll also get less:

-Cheesy/silly dialogue
-Focus on kids
-Self-referential , parodic "look at all the JP easter eggs you can find!" tone
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 am

Yeah, if we run down the list of what we know (which still isn't all that much, although certainly much more than a week ago), a lot of boxes are (apparently) being checked.

- Classic character returning- Check
- New dinosaurs- Check
- Old favorite dinosaurs- Check
- Mainland setting- Check
- Strong cast- Check
- Darker/more suspenseful tone- Check

But seriously, WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE FREAKING TITLE!??!
-

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
But seriously, WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE FREAKING TITLE!??!

My guess is sometime this summer or early fall, most likely summer.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Lost wrote:
Starting to feel the same hype now as I did three years ago as production and casting for JW was really kicking into gear. And I believe that next year we'll be getting the JP movie many of has wanted to see since 1993. I mean, look at some of the evidence so far:

-Talented and proven horror director of one of my favorite movies (The Orphanage)
-Some of the cast have said it will be more scary and suspenseful (and I read they are filming a rain scene)
-We are finally off the islands (something I've personally wanted since TLW)
-Lots of dinosaurs we've not seen in other Movies (and the rumors are saying Dilophosaurus!)
-IAN MALCOLM IS F*****G BACK!!!

Hopefully we'll also get less:

-Cheesy/silly dialogue
-Focus on kids
-Self-referential , parodic "look at all the JP easter eggs you can find!" tone

Unfortunately it's a decent possibility that the whole Diloposaurus thing is just a statue for that old guys house(like we saw of another Dino in the set picture).

Obviously that doesn't mean anything necessarily either way but I'm trying to keep my hype Low for that one.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I think I'm still hyped for it, even with this news. Malcolm can appear all he wants, as long as he doesn't steal screentime from other important characters.  Very Happy I don't want Malcolm overshadowning the new protagonists, as well as other characters. He can steal the show, but please also give GREAT scenes with other characters. That's all I ask.  Very Happy

Funny how some of you start saying it'll be the greatest movie just because they announced Malcolm back.  Laughing Ya know, JP isn't centered on Malcolm.

My list is:

- Badass villain - check
- Dilophosaurus - check
- Return of old character (not talking about you Malcolm) - check
- New exotic dinosaurs - check

My fears now are:

- Ian fucking Malcolm stealing the screentime of everyone and turning JW2 into Jurassic Malcolm.
- Ian Malcolm turning out to be a forced cameo.
- Classic "dinosaurs" stealing screentime from new dinosaurs
- Character development

The rest I think it's okay.  Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I think I'm still hyped for it, even with this news. Malcolm can appear all he wants, as long as he doesn't steal screentime from other important characters.  Very Happy I don't want Malcolm overshadowning the new protagonists, as well as other characters. He can steal the show, but please also give GREAT scenes with other characters. That's all I ask.  Very Happy

Funny how some of you start saying it'll be the greatest movie just because they announced Malcolm back.  Laughing Ya know, JP isn't centered on Malcolm.

My list is:

- Badass villain - check
- Dilophosaurus - check
- Return of old character (not talking about you Malcolm) - check
- New exotic dinosaurs - check

My fears now are:

- Ian fucking Malcolm stealing the screentime of everyone and turning JW2 into Jurassic Malcolm.
- Ian Malcolm turning out to be a forced cameo.
- Classic "dinosaurs" stealing screentime from new dinosaurs
- Character development

The rest I think it's okay.  Very Happy

Technically, wouldn't it be the other way around (new dinosaurs "stealing" screentime from the classic ones) , since the "classic" dinosaurs are the established ones.?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Why can't we have both? XD

I mean, totally  fine with rex for example getting screentime, but I want other dinosaurs to appear too and have their glory moment.

Very Happy

What I don't want is, a flood of just classic dinosaurs. There's a whole new generation watching this, let's show them other dinosaurs too!

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I mean, totally  fine with rex for example getting screentime, but I want other dinosaurs to appear too and have their glory moment.

Very Happy

What I don't want is, a flood of just classic dinosaurs. There's a whole new generation watching this, let's show them other dinosaurs too!

No reason to think we won't get both, as we've seen a decent mix in every film thus far. Even TLW, with its Rex overload, had enough time to introduce the compy's, the pachy, and the Stegos.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Very Happy

No reason to think we won't get both, as we've seen a decent mix in every film thus far. Even TLW, with its Rex overload, had enough time to introduce the compy's, the pachy, and the Stegos.
Yeah, that's what I don't want, a rex overload like in TLW. JW had 10 minutes of rex, right? I think it's a nice screentime for the dinosaur, if we get a 2 hour movie.

Talking about it, I think this movie will be longer. I think it's necessary.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Very Happy

Yeah, that's what I don't want, a rex overload like in TLW. JW had 10 minutes of rex, right? I think it's a nice screentime for the dinosaur, if we get a 2 hour movie.

The Rex had 2 minutes and 36 seconds of screentime in JW, which certainly isn't enough this time around.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Very Happy

The Rex had 2 minutes and 36 seconds of screentime in JW, which certainly isn't enough this time around.
Oh, so I hope rex have 5 minutes or 10. It would be cool IMO.

Didn't know it was so short.  Neutral

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Very Happy

Oh, so I hope rex have 5 minutes or 10. It would be cool IMO.

Didn't know it was so short.  Neutral

The Rex only had about 8 minutes in TLW, and most considered that to be overkill xD (To be fair, there is such a thing as implied screentime as well.)

Based on that, I think a good 4-5 minutes is ample screentime for the Rex. Enough to have a couple of meaty scenes, without taking over the movie.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:04 pm

My hope:
T-Rex 1 Minute
Raptors 0 Minutes

My expectation:
T-Rex 5 Minutes
Raptors up to 10 Minutes
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm

No

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I swear, Mistral, it's like you read my mind and then post the opposite of what I want.

Side note: it would be awesome if Malcolm somehow saw the T. Rex that almost killed him 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:20 pm

You are surprised by what I said? It's basically been on the speculation sub forum for months now, both in the T-Rex and "what kind of animals do you want" threads. I want T-Rex only for brief one-scene cameo and no raptors as they've been run to the ground in the last two films already. But of course that's not what will actually happen
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I swear, Mistral, it's like you read my mind and then post the opposite of what I want.

Side note: it would be awesome if Malcolm somehow saw the T. Rex that almost killed him 25 years ago.

I think Malcolm hates the dinosaurs now.  Laughing

Or he is like "Let nature do it's way. They don't need to be saved. What you did was a rape to the natural world. They were extinct for a reason."

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Jurassic Malcolm

Best title ever Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't think Malcolm ever loved or particularly even liked dinosaurs. He was amazed for the brief moment when he saw the Brachiosaurus and Hammond's PR tape, but probably just for the wonder of it and the implications of the technology. After the first wave of amazement he saw the "light" or so to speak and went actively against the process, and for the rest of the afternoon it was just a theme park ride. Finalized by the attack of course which only made it worse.

And in TLW he didn't really care for the animals at all, he was just there because Sarah was. I guess he didn't try stopping Nick from sabotaging InGen, but that doesn't mean he cares for them.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pm

It's hinted that Malcolm tends to be a tad dismissive or apathetic towards dinosaurs when he isn't trying to escape and not be killed by them. Say what you will about JP3, his book being described as "preachy", "too much chaos" and "high on himself", so I can imagine he used it as more of a self-aggrandizing platform than anything that would appeal to anyone's love of dinosaurs.

Also, I think its fair to say that none of us want Malcolm back just to shoehorn a scene where he encounters Rexy only to recreate his memorable flare scene. The fact that both characters are announced to appear in the film certainly provides a certain degree of setup, but if they went too far then it would lean into too much of a self-referential tone. Besides, I liked Claire's own take on using the flare to lure Rexy, and applied to the purpose of fighting the Indominus.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:36 pm

I agree, Malcolm is kinda arrogant, unfortunately. But stil awesome.

Malcolm needs to fit in the story, I hope so much they put him in a way he isn't forced or an useless cameo. I bet he's back because of Lockwood. Connections with the past.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Claire taking the flare to the T-Rex was not quite as much as an issue for me as was the first scene with T-Rex feeding, you know with the goat and someone throwing a flare. That was 100% fanservice for reference reasons, nothing more. As would be the potential Malcolm meetup with it.

I hope Malcolm in JP5 has nothing to do with the other main characters, and will not see any dinosaurs. He will operate from far away, making some comments or actions against the whole ordeal, or is part of committee of sorts. That would feel more natural.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Hope he's like someone that will talk with Claire and Owen and give them some lectures and what they need to know about InGen/Lockwood. I don't want him in the mess/chaos running from dinosaurs too.

By the way, I'm almost sure he's back to make the connection with the past and Lockwood.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Let me pull a question out of my hat. Are we pretty sure at this point that Tom Hardy is not in the movie? Or could that still be a surprise announcement?
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Well, for me personally there is no way this movie won't top Jurassic World, for all the reasons I've listed, and that's the reason why I chose this particular time to come back to the boards (Hi to all my fellow former JPL'ers xD )

Last edited by Lost on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Variety Insight film listings for JW2/JP5 - Legendary is listed

It seems that Legendary is still listed as a financier of the sequel. I just hope this means Thomas Tull or whoever's in charge at Legendary stays out of the affairs of the production team. They get the easy job, spend a few million on a film that's guaranteed to make three to four times their money back.

Does Universal really need them to be a financier for the Jurassic Park franchise anymore? Between F&F7 and JW, not to mention how much F&F8 has made, Universal has made a ton of money and I don't see why they need them for this movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Variety Insight film listings for JW2/JP5 - Legendary is listed

It seems that Legendary is still listed as a financier of the sequel. I just hope this means Thomas Tull or whoever's in charge at Legendary stays out of the affairs of the production team. They get the easy job, spend a few million on a film that's guaranteed to make three to four times their money back.

Does Universal really need them to be a financier for the Jurassic Park franchise anymore? Between F&F7 and JW, not to mention how much F&F8 has made, Universal has made a ton of money and I don't see why they need them for this movie.

Do they need Legendary? No. At this point, I'm convinced that because a a few of Legendary's projects such as Warcraft and The Great Wall have not been as financially successful as they had hoped. Even though Kong: Skull Island did good-but-not-great business, they're probably just trying to stay involved as financial backers because they know the Jurassic franchise is a sure-fire box office hit and can probably recoup some losses. That's the only reason why I would see them credited as financiers, but I imagine that Universal would rather pay for the whole thing and reap the benefits from that without Legendary getting involved.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

Yeah, it would be a nice touch if Malcolm were to somehow meet up with the Rex that nearly killed him. Fan service maybe, but I don't mind that type of fan service as long as it doesn't derail the story.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

Yeah, it would be a nice touch if Malcolm were to somehow meet up with the Rex that nearly killed him. Fan service maybe, but I don't mind that type of fan service as long as it doesn't derail the story.
Honestly I think it could be done in an epic manner as long as they didn't make it cheesy.  I approve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next