Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Make Your own cinematic universe.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Make Your own cinematic universe. Empty
PostSubject: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

So we know cinematic universes are the thing to do right now, some work, some don't. So let's make a game. Don't worry about studios, rights, etc., and connect films to make your own cinematic universe, no matter how crazy. 

My first take: Aliens vs. Predator on Friday the 13th. 
Spoiler:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 pm

I want suicide squad but with horror characters teaming up to take on a threat. Freddy and chucky together would be a dream of mine.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:06 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I want suicide squad but with horror characters teaming up to take on a threat. Freddy and chucky together would be a dream of mine.

That'd be great....but it's hard for me to see them as good guys. Like, I could see them coming together to stop something from destroying humanity because they want to kill people. I'd just love to work out how it'd happen. Plus, I'd definitely want Michael Myers and Jason as part of it, but it'd make it hard given they're both mute and somewhat single-minded.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:09 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

That'd be great....but it's hard for me to see them as good guys. Like, I could see them coming together to stop something from destroying humanity because they want to kill people. I'd just love to work out how it'd happen. Plus, I'd definitely want Michael Myers and Jason as part of it, but it'd make it hard given they're both mute and somewhat single-minded.

Exactly. It'd be extremely hard to do. I'd probably have them go against pinhead.

As far as good guys... well they don't have to be. I'm not at all trying to start this into another SS bashing topic but I didn't buy for a second that those people were villains.

I'd probably have them go rogue mid mission.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 am

I think I would like a Crichton cinematic universe. Well, I think I first thought of this after Biosyn was name dropped in 'Next', and thought to myself-omg same universe!

So I was thinking for this, you could probably do the 'Biotech' books and adapt them in the same universe.

Biotech books Crichton did were Prey, Next, Micro, Andromeda Strain, Terminal Man...

Make it so that Ingen had its hands in everythign from transgenic species/Patent gene therapies, to nanobots, to shrinking technology, to alien viruses, to potential fusions between man and machine. Basically InGen is a widespread and corrupt company and each movie you would see that there is a darkness in it that spreads far beyond creating dinosaurs.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 pm

I would honestly like to see an Edgar Rice Burroughs cinematic universe. While I enjoyed John Carter and (most of) The Legend of Tarzan, they still fell short of resonating with audiences and both could have been better. The tone would be high adventure and pulpy sci-fi and fantasy, embrace the colourful, out-there nature of the source material, with grand orchestral scores and cinematic visuals reminiscent of David Lean epics with a Frank Frazetta look and feel to them. Like Legendary's MonsterVerse, I might allow for jumping back and forth between time periods for the sake of variety.

- I'd start off with A Princess of Mars to reintroduce audiences to John Carter and Dejah Thoris and the world of Barsoom, taking visual cues from The Martian (for the incredible vistas of Mars, naturally) and 300 and having a very stylized aesthetic that differentiates itself from the Disney movie. The plot would be similar enough to the book, but the Therns would be kept out and saved for the next film and keep the emphasis on the war between Zodanga and Helium with the aid of the Tharks. The Therns would still have a hand in manipulating the events on Earth and Barsoom.

- With Tarzan, it's tricky because the origin of Tarzan has already been pressed into public consciousness and doesn't really need introduction. And the Disney movie did it so damn well. And the story of Tarzan returning to the jungle and rediscovering his wild self in the second book was kidna done in 'The Legend of Tarzan', so perhaps a more pulpy story of Tarzan protecting his jungle home from poachers in search of an ancient treasure or temple. This sets up the Lost City of Opar further down the line

- The Pellucidar series is our dinosaur adventure franchise, with the additions of intelligent pterosaur humanoids and primitive civilizations galore, and also where we get some of the more Eldritch monsters and villains

The inevitable crossover movie would be breaking canon fro the books (as there was no real crossover) John Carter, David Innes and Tarzan (along with their close associates) team up to stop an invasion of rogue Tharks in the streets of London.

These first two videos really capture how I would envision the new John Carter and Barsoom, based on Kerry Conran's very ambitious take on the Princess of Mars, which could have given Andrew Stanton a run for his money.

I also included the animated Tarzan because the amazing thing about that movie is just how fluidly Tarzan moves through the trees, the overgrown almost fantastical look on the African jungles, and the more stylized look of the animals. The action is dynamic, brutal and intense (even more so for a family film), and still shows a high watermark for Tarzan action in film that has yet to be topped.

Make Your own cinematic universe. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I would honestly like to see an Edgar Rice Burroughs cinematic universe. While I enjoyed John Carter and (most of) The Legend of Tarzan, they still fell short of resonating with audiences and both could have been better. The tone would be high adventure and pulpy sci-fi and fantasy, embrace the colourful, out-there nature of the source material, with grand orchestral scores and cinematic visuals reminiscent of David Lean epics with a Frank Frazetta look and feel to them. Like Legendary's MonsterVerse, I might allow for jumping back and forth between time periods for the sake of variety.

- I'd start off with A Princess of Mars to reintroduce audiences to John Carter and Dejah Thoris and the world of Barsoom, taking visual cues from The Martian (for the incredible vistas of Mars, naturally) and 300 and having a very stylized aesthetic that differentiates itself from the Disney movie. The plot would be similar enough to the book, but the Therns would be kept out and saved for the next film and keep the emphasis on the war between Zodanga and Helium with the aid of the Tharks. The Therns would still have a hand in manipulating the events on Earth and Barsoom.

- With Tarzan, it's tricky because the origin of Tarzan has already been pressed into public consciousness and doesn't really need introduction. And the Disney movie did it so damn well. And the story of Tarzan returning to the jungle and rediscovering his wild self in the second book was kidna done in 'The Legend of Tarzan', so perhaps a more pulpy story of Tarzan protecting his jungle home from poachers in search of an ancient treasure or temple. This sets up the Lost City of Opar further down the line

- The Pellucidar series is our dinosaur adventure franchise, with the additions of intelligent pterosaur humanoids and primitive civilizations galore, and also where we get some of the more Eldritch monsters and villains

The inevitable crossover movie would be breaking canon fro the books (as there was no real crossover) John Carter, David Innes and Tarzan (along with their close associates) team up to stop an invasion of rogue Tharks in the streets of London.

These first two videos really capture how I would envision the new John Carter and Barsoom, based on Kerry Conran's very ambitious take on the Princess of Mars, which could have given Andrew Stanton a run for his money.

I also included the animated Tarzan because the amazing thing about that movie is just how fluidly Tarzan moves through the trees, the overgrown almost fantastical look on the African jungles, and the more stylized look of the animals. The action is dynamic, brutal and intense (even more so for a family film), and still shows a high watermark for Tarzan action in film that has yet to be topped.

The animated Tarzan show actually crossed over with Pellucidar. Twice.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Velociraptors_(Tarzan)

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

The animated Tarzan show actually crossed over with Pellucidar. Twice.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Velociraptors_(Tarzan)

I am indeed aware of that, its actually because of this show (which I loved watching as a kid) that I wanted to see some kind of cinematic equivalent of these Burroughs worlds and characters brought together.

Make Your own cinematic universe. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Your own cinematic universe.   Make Your own cinematic universe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make Your own cinematic universe.
Page 1 of 1