Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
+50
TheDreamMaster
IllOrfanato
Pachyrhinosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
Gondrasia
CommanderKeller
DinoMike
JPMalcolmDilo
fallenkingdomLee
Baryonyx111
evolution_rex
Megaspino2
Viperman
HoldOntoYourButts
bammc
iuJacob
Meroune
TyrannoFan
Amadieus
Crimsonraptor
Dead2009
Bbrink1996
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
sdp
CT-1138
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
tigris115
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
baryonyx7
1morey
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
Six-Foot Turkey
Dr. Wu
owenpratt
TRK/TrexKing
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Spiegel
Megatron
Spinosaur4.4
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Pokesaurus
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap62%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 62% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap17%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Looks good!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap9%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_lcap5%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Back

AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Use this thread from now on to discuss all Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailers, TV spots, and sneak previews. This post will be updated to include new trailers as they are released.

Teaser trailer for full trailer:

Second teaser:

"This is gonna be awesome":

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!

Last edited by Pokesaurus on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Almost every piece of footage that we have gotten (including the baby blue clip) has been a surprise for me. After reading all the leaks I didn't think I would be seeing things I was aware of.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 pm

This makes me wonder how the movie is going to play out. Is there some kind of first eruption that makes them all have to run away, and then a second one that they're racing against time to save the dinosaurs from? Also the Baryonyx scene probably takes place in the underground tunnels. Look at the lights and walls and pipes.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 pm

I'm super hyped, the only thing that kinda makes me sad is that I don't have many people to talk about this, except you guys! Super hyped!

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:27 pm

The scene with the baryonyx (or whatever it is) looks like it takes place in some sort of sewer since it looks like its coming out of a pipe.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I'm super hyped, the only thing that kinda makes me sad is that I don't have many people to talk about this, except you guys! Super hyped!
I know that feeling! my family and most of my friends are not nearly as excited as i am right now.
https://twitter.com/BDHnetwork
^^^A better look at the alternate tease can be seen on this twitter page
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 am

All 3 Teasers in one Video:

Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 am

man i can't believe we are going to get clips every day before the trailer!
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 am

The first teaser was epic! The CGI looked fantastic, the atmosphere is tense, and the stampede looks awesome, especially that one Compy.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 am

Is that gyrosphere they're hiding behind in the teaser the same one apparently seen in a field in that one set photo?

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 am

SmugTheFab wrote:
Is that gyrosphere they're hiding behind in the teaser the same one apparently seen in a field in that one set photo?

It does appear to be. Looks very familiar to the set photos.

Sent from Topic'it App

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 am

The teaser is awesome!
Now, the people who complain about the CGI in the teaser (the high quality one) are haters, or I don't know how to call them, really... I'm actually one of those who have some problems with some CGI of Jurassic World, but wow the effects in the new stampede scene are gorgeous! Looks like finished CGI already... I mean, the perfect comparison is the JW's tease with the Gallimimus back in 2014. Now THAT was bad (and luckily unfinished) CGI. But this one... I mean, c'mon. It's perfect.

I like the humour in it (Owen's "Run!" looks like Jack Sparrow in that famous scene, Justice looks hilariously surprised when a Compy jumps close to him), they all look cool-looking and that T-Rex shot is simply wonderful. The Baryonyx? I'll wait to see a higher quality of that shot before judging.

The only major complain I have is the color filter, but I think it's used only for the trailers (for what reason, remains a mystery).

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 am

Again, I think the compy is actually the procompsognathus from the novel. It's noticeably bigger than the Sorna compies.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 am

So is there any chance they upload the other video in HQ? Seems strange to me they didn't already.

That tease feels even better than the one we got in HQ. There's more Bayona feel there. That Rexy shot is pure magic. The way the camera zooms in while they open the gates... I imagine that scene in the film with a softly played Jurassic Park fanfare theme...

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 5:08 am

owenpratt wrote:
So is there any chance they upload the other video in HQ? Seems strange to me they didn't already.

That tease feels even better than the one we got in HQ. There's more Bayona feel there. That Rexy shot is pure magic. The way the camera zooms in while they open the gates... I imagine that scene in the film with a softly played Jurassic Park fanfare theme...
I imagine it'll be uploaded in HD in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

I imagine it'll be uploaded in HD in a day or two.

And even if that's not the case, we will see those scene in the full teaser trailer

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:18 am

This film already looks incredible. Holy shit I'm excited as hell right now!!!!!

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 am

Some things I want to note:

1. Owen is a little out of character. Too goofy compared to his Jurassic World counterpart.
2. I hope Dr. Wu, Daniella Pineda's character, Lockwood and Blue make it into the trailer.
3. I hope we see rain in the trailer
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:01 am

I never got a chance to respond to some of the replies in the other thread but here are my thoughts:

1) That is definitely Baryonyx. It appears to be in the the underground tunnels of Isla Nublar. Looks like the decay of the geothermal energy infrastructure of Nublar is going to be the cause of the eruption. It makes sense to have the cause of the eruption be man made. It really helps people sympathize with the dinosaurs. Also it was very smart to include Baryonyx in the film, as it gives a fresh antagonist for the time spent on Nublar. People would frown at running from raptors again on Nublar.

2) There is no way they reveal the Indoraptor in the first trailer. I think it will be an Act 3 reveal once the action moves to Lockwood Manor. We might get a small tease of the Indo at the end of the full trailer in April/May. But I think the rescue mission and volcanic eruption is the big push with the marketing campaign.

3) The shot of Rexy in the trailer with Claire and Owen, followed by the "this is going to be awesome" line is very interesting. My guess is once everything is off the island, our heros manage to steal Rexy and plan to use her to foil the plans of the bad guys.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 am

Now I can't wait to find out who Justice Smith is playing.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR_f2kvRKRo

Yeah heres what the Geothermal power supply looked like in JP the game btw.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

1. Owen is a little out of character. Too goofy compared to his Jurassic World counterpart.
2. I hope Dr. Wu, Daniella Pineda's character, Lockwood and Blue make it into the trailer.
If Wu appears in the trailer, I'm going to die.

I really hope he makes it, he deserves to be in. With an epic line about science, please.  Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Owen was kind of goofy in JW, to be fair. That quote may be out of context. Heck, he may be saying that at a completely different event than what the teaser suggests. At this point I'd say anything is possible in the trailer, since what footage we've gotten is not what I thought the movie would be like. Not complaining AT ALL, but it's a surprise. If they're going for the Lost World parallels, I wouldn't be surprised to see some rain.

UPDATE: So according to Colin Trevorrow on Twitter, the sewer creature is the Baryonyx. Unfortunately the tweet asking the question was deleted, but here's his response.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/937720077931175937

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

I like the teaser trailer, but I have 3 questions.

1. Why would the Baryonyx be in a sewer of all places? Hiding from Rexy? I know that Nublar is on the smaller side, but one would think that it would have plenty of places for it to hide.

2. Also, when did the Compys get on Nublar?

3. How the Compy was in the JW part of Lego Jurassic World, and how the Baryonyx was an unlockable playable dinosaur in the game as well, is it possible that those were secret spoilers that nobody picked up on?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't think they are in the sewer. The Bary scene looks like the underground tunnels that make up the geothermal power supply for Isla Nublar. That's why there is lava leaking everywhere when the camera cuts to Bryce and Justice. Maybe it is hungry and tracked them down there. Maybe it got there trying to flee the eruption. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm

NolaJP wrote:
I don't think they are in the sewer.  The Bary scene looks like the underground tunnels that make up the geothermal power supply for Isla Nublar.  That's why there is lava leaking everywhere when the camera cuts to Bryce and Justice.  Maybe it is hungry and tracked them down there.  Maybe it got there trying to flee the eruption.  I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Yeah, it's probably the geothermal power station. I've wanted to see an electrical station in a Jurassic movie since the Sega Genesis game.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, according to JP: The Game, Compsognathus were already on Isla Nublar as a free-roaming dinosaur (like in the novel).

Seeing as how one skittered off when Nima woke up, the Nublar compys seemed to have become accustomed to humans to a degree, unlke their Sorna cousins.

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Again, I think the compy is actually the procompsognathus from the novel. It's noticeably bigger than the Sorna compies.

Here are the Sorna Compys close to Dieter Stark:

Spoiler:

Peter Stormare is 6'2", Justice Smith is 5'10", so the compies are going to appear bigger compared to Justice Smith.

And then compared to Cathy Bowman (roughly 4.5 feet tall):

Spoiler:

Plus none of the compies are directly next to Justice Smith, as the one that jumps in front of him is in the foreground, and Justice jumps at the one coming out from the log.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, according to JP: The Game, Compsognathus were already on Isla Nublar as a free-roaming dinosaur (like in the novel).

Seeing as how one skittered off when Nima woke up, the Nublar compys seemed to have become accustomed to humans to a degree, unlke their Sorna cousins.

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Spoiler:

Peter Stormare is 6'2", Justice Smith is 5'10", so the compies are going to appear bigger compared to Justice Smith.

Spoiler:

Plus none of the compies are directly next to Justice Smith, as the one that jumps in front of him is in the foreground, and Justice jumps at the one coming out from the log.

Except that JP: The Game probably isn't canon anymore. It may have been before JW, but once Jurassic World came out, everything changed and we're only sure of a few things that are still canon.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Except that JP: The Game probably isn't canon anymore. It may have been before JW, but once Jurassic World came out, everything changed and we're only sure of a few things that are still canon.

IMO, most of the discrepancies in JP:TG are small contradictions that are not uncommon in franchises, and with JW, it is a simple case of retcon. (such as the case of Malcolm's death in the original novel, which is a more glaring retcon/)

Trespassr is one thing, because the game meshes dates, uses a completely different island shape compared to the film, and further contradicts events that take place post-TLW pre-JP III according to Masrani Global.

Last edited by 1morey on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 pm

JP: The Game was barely canon when it came out, and it's probably really not canon now. That being said, look at how this film and the last one have taken ideas from so many parts of the franchise: sections of the books that didn't make it into the first two movies, deleted scenes from the other movies, and more. It's not far fetched to assume they've taken some inspiration from JP: The Game. Personally I was never much of a fan of it, as I felt it made the 93 Nublar incident feel too "cluttered", but there were definitely some great ideas in it. Troodons come to mind...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next