Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :

Go down 
+14
BoulderFaceplant
JettRyu
Spinosaur4.4
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
Megatron
V.a.nublarensis
TyrannoFan
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Oviraptor
Troyal1
Dead2009
dance2nite
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Empty
PostSubject: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Could we use this thread to discuss the impending release of the Superbowl TV spot as discussion? If one of the Mod's could pin this thread it would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Smile

Last edited by dance2nite on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:31 pm

First of 4 (I think?) just dropped and well....HOLY SHIT

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Holy shit. I thought that first part looks like a dream. Not sure how I feel but that was an assault on the sense for sure.
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Colin said there's only one trailer.

Last edited by Oviraptor on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm

That was way more intense than I was expecting. I’m liking the look of this.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Welp, forget everything I said in my previous post in the other thread. This looks freaking amazing!!

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Welp, forget everything I said in my previous post in the other thread. This looks freaking amazing!!

The manor thing looks far more sophisticated than I expected. Although I must say I’m shocked. Still no Lockwood or Wu talking. Hmmmmm

But I agree. I feel better.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Colin said there's only one trailer.

he also said there was something special in the 3rd quarter and there was a rumored 4 spots in total.

BTW, if you missed the 2nd trailer

Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

Ok, that was an infinite many times better than the first trailer, god damn.

Also, I saw a list of superbowl ads on Reddit, JW:FK only has one entry and it appears to be this trailer.

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Looks like the T-Rex may not leave Nublar. (Unless those are two different trucks.)
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
Looks like the T-Rex may not leave Nublar.

What leads you to believe that? We got the spot of her roaring, a spot of what appears to be her from the flashback we're expecting at the start of the film, and the scene of her waking up in the cage.

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:52 pm

This is about a billion times better than the first trailer. Hope they keep this up!
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Way better than the first trailer. I'm glad we finally got to see the Indoraptor.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Awesome trailer, hype is real!!! Very Happy Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 pm

So, it looks as though there are a bunch of dinosaurs at Lockwood manor and that they do escape.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Fanboy mode: Engaged.

OHMYGOSH THAT WAS SO AWESOME!! This was way better than the first trailer! I honestly wish they could have led the charge with this one! The atmosphere and editing was much smoother, and while glimpses of the Indoraptor were inevitable I'm glad we don't have any profile images of it's head. I know some of the more over-the-top elements might not sit well with a number of fans, like the Raptor on Raptor battle or the stampede at the Lockwood manor, but this gives me a much better impression of the film!

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Yep, this was an improvement over the first trailer big time. The indoraptor/manor stuff looks pretty cool and original. Also, it seems that many more dinosaurs than just the indoraptor escape from Lockwood's mansion including the Pteranodons. And they're actually trying to auction off the new hybrid...so, they're either insanely greedy or just insane.

"I want to show you the future"? Mills definitely seems like an intriguing character here.

Last edited by Robotpo on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Except Dr. Wu's not in (again), I LOVED EVERYTHING in it. The presentation of the new characters, the bidding stuff, Indoraptor stole the show, need I say more?

I just love how scary and Alien vibe it looks, how it stalks Maise instead of just trying to eat her like other carnivores would...Very inteligent animal, I love it.

I think Blue is going to be very injuried when she battles Indoraptor. I think Indoraptor will die when it falls of the manor's roof.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm

I really do hope Rexy makes it off the island. It would probably cause quite a bit of rage if she were unceremoniously killed off on Nublar and we didn't see another Rex in the next film (assuming that JW3 is going to be dealing with the dinosaurs that escaped Lockwood Manor).

So it appears as though Blue is sicked on the Indoraptor pretty early on, after it escaped and finds Lucy's bedroom. That's probably where Blue gets injured.

Also, it appears as though we'll be getting a bit of Rexy in the opening flashback scene as well (the shot of Rexy in the rain roaring at the helicopter looks like it's part of the flashback, as you can see the busted fence where the Mosasaur picked off the Indominus in that shot).

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I really do hope Rexy makes it off the island. It would probably cause quite a bit of rage if she were unceremoniously killed off on Nublar and we didn't see another Rex in the next film (assuming that JW3 is going to be dealing with the dinosaurs that escaped Lockwood Manor).

So it appears as though Blue is sicked on the Indoraptor pretty early on, after it escaped and finds Lucy's bedroom. That's probably where Blue gets injured.

Also, it appears as though we'll be getting a bit of Rexy in the opening flashback scene as well (the shot of Rexy in the rain roaring at the helicopter looks like it's part of the flashback, as you can see the busted fence where the Mosasaur picked off the Indominus in that shot).

Well, Blue tried to defend Owen in that scene and Owen also calls for her, it'll be funny if she get's reckt by Indoraptor. Indoraptor is way bigger, I really think she ain't match to Indoraptor, but we'll see.

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 pm

I wonder if this will how they tie in Biosyn and Dodgson into the films with these new InGen contractors, I guess you could say, proposing to build biological weapons after the experimental phase that was the I. rex in the previous film. Colin has mentioned the genetics technology becoming "open-sourced" and of course Wu's line "if I don't innovate somebody else will" alludes to potential rival companies. There is a question as to whether or not they need Dodgson necessarily so much as a character that matches enough of his book counterpart's traits and could claim connection to the man.

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
JettRyu
Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 pm

I legitimately couldn't breathe when I saw this, I was so excited... and it doesn't help that I've watched it three or four times again on YouTube. This gets me so hyped, especially for the Indoraptor. The claw tapping was a nice touch, and a good call-back to the first film. Without a doubt though, the one thing that got my attention over everything else:

Blue vs. Indoraptor. Holy shit!

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:47 pm

I hope Indoraptor survives, if not they're just going to make another hybred for JW3.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Okay! That was something. So here’s my thoughts.
Play-by-play
- The Indoraptor looks creepy as hell, and Bayona’s style becomes gloriously apparent.
- Justice Smith showing his acting chops
- Zoom in on the dinosaur being carried by the helicopter. It’s colored like the Mosasaurus but has the silhouette of baryonyx. That must be our suchomimus!
- Justice Smith’s scream is still silly, but this time the context makes it better. It’s more like a weird sound in a serious moment, similar to “he sent two teams” from TLW.
- The way Owen looks at Claire underwater. I really hope they don’t have romantic banter throughout the film. They probably will.
- The Blue animatronic/puppet is amazing.
- “All of that is in the past.” Reassuring the audience that the movie gets off the island, lol. A good way to do it without spoiling things.
- “Not yet, kid!” Great line for a trailer and captures Owen’s personality. Claire looking more intense than ever.
- This next bit is some editing trickery. Claire is driving the covered truck off the dock. We get a shot of it flying into the water. Then we see Owen running out the back of the Rex container with a pissed-off Rexy trying to kill him as the camera leads him out. This tricks the audience into thinking that Claire is driving into the water with the T. Rex in tow. But if you look at her screaming, you can see she actually doesn’t have any cargo. These are two completely different scenes.
- Indoraptor is the confirmed name.
- A small fraction of the audience will see the “bidding” line on the screen behind the old scumbag. Wish they’d edited that bit out.
- Everyone gawking at the Indoraptor. Noting this because we’ll get back to it in a second.
- Blue attacks the Indoraptor. This is the aspect of the trailer I’m just not cool with. We have enough action here. We don’t need to show everyone a dino fight, and it spoils the film.
- Rexy in the rain. This looks like it happens in the opening sequence. Rexy is familiar with helicopters by now, and doesn’t seem to have an amicable relationship with them. Lol.
- Claire with a gun. Hopefully this will appease the easily-offended movie critics that said she was a bad representation of women.
- Dinosaurs escaping. It’s happening at night, and the camera is too zoomed in to tell whether it’s on the island or somewhere else. We know it’s at Lockwood Estate, but the TV audience won’t.
- Baryonyx up close. Still not keen on the deviations from the real animal, but it sure looks scary.
- Maise up high, probably on the roof of the manor. Indoraptor climbs the mansion confirmed. But most of the Internet will fail to pick this up.
- Pteranodon carrying somebody. Unless people are keen enough to see the conifer trees and know those aren’t on Nublar, most are going to have no idea where this takes place.
- Indoraptor kills the meathead in where we were assuming was the underground tunnels of Nublar. Nice curveball for us, but a big surprise ruined. Probably the worst part of the trailer from a movie-ruining standpoint.

Overall thoughts:
- Still very actiony, but the serious tone helps it a lot
- Most of the stuff that was spoiled was action moments. Lots of dinos popping out and fighting which wouldve been better to save for the theater.
- The bright side of this focus on the Indoraptor is that the trailer successfully manages to keep the  dinosaurs’ destination under wraps. This is partially undermined by showing Blue in the mansion, and the more deductive audience members will know that where Blue is taken, so must all the other dinosaurs. Still, by showing the crowd of wealthy morons gawking at the Indoraptor, and no other dinosaurs, and pairing it with the “bidding” line behind Wheaton, Universal have made it look like only the Indoraptor is up for sale, leaving the other dinosaurs’ fate unspoiled.

Overall, a much more balanced and well-made trailer than what we got last time. Really hope they don’t spoil this any further.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:03 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

- Zoom in on the dinosaur being carried by the helicopter. It’s colored like the Mosasaurus but has the silhouette of baryonyx. That must be our suchomimus!
Or it could just be the Baryonyx.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Looks like Zia is working on fixing up Blue. That tells me that this scene is in the first half of the film. Maybe Blue is injured by the eruption? Or maybe the Carnotaurus?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Looks like Zia is working on fixing up Blue. That tells me that this scene is in the first half of the film. Maybe Blue is injured by the eruption? Or maybe the Carnotaurus?

Indoraptor.

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Megatron wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Or it could just be the Baryonyx.

It appears to be a completely different color, body shape, and size though.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Indoraptor.

I dunno. If we're assuming that Zia turns on the heroes during about the mid point of the film, which is before the Indoraptor is introduced. So unless she flip-flops back again to help the heroes, one would assume that scene is in the first half of the film, before the Indoraptor is introduced.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Is the animal being carried this Dino?
https://mobile.twitter.com/SickTriceratopz/status/940069825438560256/video/1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :   Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion : Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Superbowl TV Spot Thread/Discussion :
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next