Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 am

Okay, I can now say that the critics don't know what they're saying.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

I think it's quite obvious that Rotten Tomatoes shouldnt be the place to go when it comes to review scores.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am

scoobysaurus wrote:
Robbie Collin from the Daily Telegraph (UK) says "Exactly why would anyone visit a dinosaur-infested island for a fifth time, when all four previous excursions had ended in limb-gobbling pandemonium?"

I'd like to ask Mr Collin why would anyone try to destroy a city/world/universe for the 30th time, when all 30 previous endeavours had ended with them getting killed by grown men wearing silly costumes?

hahahaha perfect. What a numpty.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:21 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
"Exactly why would anyone visit a dinosaur-infested island for a fifth time, when all four previous excursions had ended in limb-gobbling pandemonium?"

Ummmm, the plot clearly explains this. People don’t want the animals to go extinct and they cost a lot of money. They are valuable as creatures and items to be sold to some people.

These critics atleast need to pretend they watched the movie or research the plot lol.  

Plus we technically have no confirmation the second or third times people went to an island actually happened, so maybe there was only two incidents. Razz

I kid I kid, lets not get into that discussion here.

Critics seem to refuse to think outside the box for a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

I refuse to believe that this film is a 58%, surely it's better than Jurassic World, this is JA Bayona we're talking about. Man, I really do hate critics.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 am

scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
So according to http://Comicbookmovie.com, critics are "already sick of the franchise" when it comes to Jurassic Park/World (even though we get one movie every 3 years) but love the crap ton of superhero movies we get every year. Hilarious. I'm sorry, but not everything needs to be MARVEL or Disney to get some sort of praise in the film world. If Jurassic World 3 had Captain America or Iron Man fighting some kind of hybrid hell bent on destroying a city, these critics would eat that shit up. Rinse and repeat.

5 movies in - "Sick of this, it's all the same"
20+ movies in - "OMG can't believe Spider-Man got a new suit again, best movie ever!"

Can it get more hypocritical?

Yes, it can. If they show tony stark constipated trying to take a dump for 3 hours it'll still be certified fresh on RT with 98% and the fanboys would be complaining about the 2% negative reviews being biased.

Reviewers are in Disneys pockets.

We're down to this stupid conspiracy theory again? If that were true, then the first JW wouldn't have got a high RT score as it did and A Wrinkle In Time would have got a much better RT score. Besides, in this age of Iphones, Reddit, 4Chan, TMZ, we would have seen proof of that.

As for the anti-superhero bias here. Look, I'm an MCU fan, but at the same time, I DON'T want it to dominate Hollywood. I'm a JP and Godzilla fan before the MCU, So I get the anger. But here's the problem, movies have to be better in order to compete with the MCU and, so far, the case is that it's possible that we're not getting what we were promised via this movie being better and smarter then the first JW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
jamie_tid
Embryo
Embryo
jamie_tid

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
So according to http://Comicbookmovie.com, critics are "already sick of the franchise" when it comes to Jurassic Park/World (even though we get one movie every 3 years) but love the crap ton of superhero movies we get every year. Hilarious. I'm sorry, but not everything needs to be MARVEL or Disney to get some sort of praise in the film world. If Jurassic World 3 had Captain America or Iron Man fighting some kind of hybrid hell bent on destroying a city, these critics would eat that shit up. Rinse and repeat.

20+ movies in - "OMG can't believe Spider-Man got a new suit again, best movie ever!"

Yes, it can. If they show tony stark constipated trying to take a dump for 3 hours it'll still be certified fresh on RT with 98% and the fanboys would be complaining about the 2% negative reviews being biased.

We're down to this stupid conspiracy theory again? If that were true, then the first JW wouldn't have got a high RT score as it did and A Wrinkle In Time would have got a much better RT score. Besides, in this age of Iphones, Reddit, 4Chan, TMZ, we would have seen proof of that.

As for the anti-superhero bias here. Look, I'm an MCU fan, but at the same time, I DON'T want it to dominate Hollywood. I'm a JP and Godzilla fan before the MCU, So I get the anger. But here's the problem, movies have to be better in order to compete with the MCU and, so far, the case is that it's possible that we're not getting what we were promised via this movie being better and smarter then the first JW.

It is by far superior to JW. We saw the treatment this franchise gets when JW was released... I am not worried about the reviews, its all about the public and whether or not people are paying to go cinema to see it.

My main concern is this gap now where it is going to be bootlegged and a huge number of people in the US wont have the patience to wait for the cinema! That's the biggest mistake ever!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Even though the critics are obviously not bought out, they're extremely lenient with Marvel considering how dull/predictable and by the numbers the past bunch have been.
Back to top Go down
scoobysaurus
Embryo
Embryo
scoobysaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

MCU isn't a measuring stick of quality for everyone even if you & RT reviewers feel that way. It's pretty naive to imply FK won't meet expectations when a vast majority of the fanbase is yet to see it. And the 'stupid conspiracy theory' was satire if it wasn't clear enough to you.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am

Fuck RT and the reviews. I'm excited to watch it, only complain so far from what I've read from spoilers is that Wu doesn't get much screentime but who cares, I'm so hyped!

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Fuck RT and the reviews. I'm excited to watch it, only complain so far from what I've read from spoilers is that Wu doesn't get much screentime but who cares, I'm so hyped!

How can Wu not get enough screentime? That should've been a big priority considering how important his character is.
Back to top Go down
scoobysaurus
Embryo
Embryo
scoobysaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Same here. Just 4 and a half hours to go! I've seen JW 18 times at the cinema and if this is any better I'll probably be seeing it more times than that. Cool
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

How can Wu not get enough screentime? That should've been a big priority considering how important his character is.

According to some people who watched the movie, he get's very little screentime and maybe even less than Malcolm. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:28 am

scoobysaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Same here. Just 4 and a half hours to go! I've seen JW 18 times at the cinema and if this is any better I'll probably be seeing it more times than that. Cool

Great, have fun!!! Tell us how it is! Very Happy

Going to watch only on June 14.

Back to top Go down
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantKing4Ever

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

CinemaBlend gives it a 4/5.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am

Well, looking at my timeline and seeing some of the comments from some of the more hardcore JP fans, it seems as though most, if not all of them seem to really like the film.

Perhaps there is hope that these reactions are misleading, or that this is a film made more for diehards than for the GA?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am

It now has a 69% rating on Rotten Tomatoes with 33 reviews fresh and 15 rotten.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 am

Dr. Wu wrote:

Oh shit! It's climbing! We're back in business!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

Yas suck it bad reviews Laughing cheers

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
I still can't believe a difference of about 10% compared to JW created an emotional roller coaster like this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Even though the critics are obviously not bought out, they're extremely lenient with Marvel considering how dull/predictable and by the numbers the past bunch have been.

Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, are hardly considered 'by the numbers'.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

I'd be happy with a mid-70s score, but do they ever climb much?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Well, looking at my timeline and seeing some of the comments from some of the more hardcore JP fans, it seems as though most, if not all of them seem to really like the film.

Perhaps there is hope that these reactions are misleading, or that this is a film made more for diehards than for the GA?

That's only going to make people who have the mindset of of this being TLW: 2.0 say "I was right. I told you so." I'm not against a movie being made with the diehards in mind, but when there's a mindset of it being a semi-remake of another movie...yeah...

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'd be happy with a mid-70s score, but do they ever climb much?

Well, it's climbed about 10 points in the last 10 or so hours as more and more people are weighing in, so anything is possible.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
scoobysaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, are hardly considered 'by the numbers'.

Black Panther was definitely by the numbers. It was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes styled plot with a boring lead and predictable plot. Infinity War, although it had some surprising character deaths, it lacked a proper conclusion and had way too much forced emotion. Genuinely didn't care about any of the superheroes in that film because they're obviously gonna be back in the next one. But other than that, it was by the numbers superhero team up that we've seen before, just with a more powerful villain.

Last edited by Six-Foot Turkey on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 am

Uhh....getting a little off-topic, guys?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Uhh....getting a little off-topic, guys?

Not off-topic, rather a sub-plot to this thread. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

It's fine as long as we keep the conversation somewhat linear in terms of how this relates to FK, but let's not let Marvel talk take over this thread. We have an entire Marvel thread for that.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It's fine as long as we keep the conversation somewhat linear in terms of how this relates to FK, but let's not let Marvel talk take over this thread. We have an entire Marvel thread for that.

Sorry, I've said what I had to say haha, i'll zip it in that regard now!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:23 am

On a side note, I'm absolutely shocked that we haven't gotten at least one track from the score released yet.

Seems like somewhat of a kick in the balls that the UK gets to see the whole film now, and we here in NA don't even have a track from the score to sink our teeth into yet xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 26 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next