Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?

Go down 
+24
Spiegel
Oviraptor
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
TyrannosaurTJ
1morey
Mr. Robustus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Bbrink1996
BarrytheOnyx
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
Deinonychus
#TRexSpinorematch
Megatron
Frills n Thrills
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Physalisfresser
TheDreamMaster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 7:44 pm

I am, not so much that it will die, but that its content will just become messy and move away from the original basis. Both of the Novels were great as well as the first two films. The third film was questionable but with the newest films, its become a bit better due to originality to some degree. These last two films are just more of the same and the newest content isnt expanded upon enough to make a huge difference.

I'm also concerned with the franchise spin off content, like Jurassic World Evolution. A decent game, and a dream come true to JPOG fan boys, but as a Management style game, lacking in content/mechanics and replay ability.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 am

I think Fallen Kingdom is the best in trying to innovate and feel fresh.

Anyway, of course I'm a little afraid of the future of the franchise, but that always happens when you're waiting for your most beloved franchise to get another sequel. I'm optimistic though. Colin Trevorrow always brought the craziest and apparently most absurd concepts and made them look realistic and fitting with the themes of the franchise. I hope and think he will do the same with JW3.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 am

Spiegel wrote:
I am, not so much that it will die, but that its content will just become messy and move away from the original basis. Both of the Novels were great as well as the first two films. The third film was questionable but with the newest films, its become a bit better due to originality to some degree. These last two films are just more of the same and the newest content isnt expanded upon enough to make a huge difference.

I'm also concerned with the franchise spin off content, like Jurassic World Evolution. A decent game, and a dream come true to JPOG fan boys, but as a Management style game, lacking in content/mechanics and replay ability.

I am massively disappointed with Jurassic World Evolution. It's weird how I feel I can be massively critical towards the game, but the films just don't seem to disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:38 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I am massively disappointed with Jurassic World Evolution. It's weird how I feel I can be massively critical towards the game, but the films just don't seem to disappoint me.

I'm the opposite. But instead of the game, it's the toys that I'm very hyped about and really like.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 am

I have been reading internet reviews and watching youtube critics a lot these days...

And right now, the status of the franchise seems to be that both internet reviews and youtube critics are being really harsh of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom for the most part. However it also seems that many hardcore fans like it but casual fans are very mixed, some like it, others really hate it.

But those critics, youtubers and casual moviegoers who seem to hate it, do coincide on something; They are all saying the movie is a rehash of many things we have already seen and that it is very far from the "Wow" factor the original had (I know, it is the most cliche reason to hate on a Jurassic sequel).

So... I guess Jurassic sequels are like what Lebron is to Jordan. No matter how great Lebron does something, people will hate on what he did just because of their nostalgia towards Jordan.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:32 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I have been reading internet reviews and watching youtube critics a lot these days...

And right now, the status of the franchise seems to be that both internet reviews and youtube critics are being really harsh of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom for the most part. However it also seems that many hardcore fans like it but casual fans are very mixed, some like it, others really hate it.

But those critics, youtubers and casual moviegoers who seem to hate it, do coincide on something; They are all saying the movie is a rehash of many things we have already seen and that it is very far from the "Wow" factor the original had (I know, it is the most cliche reason to hate on a Jurassic sequel).

So... I guess Jurassic sequels are like what Lebron is to Jordan. No matter how great Lebron does something, people will hate on what he did just because of their nostalgia towards Jordan.

Well we can't talk spoilers here, but there's something the second half of the film does really well, that the other films really haven't tried to do. If you aren't a fan of a certain type of film, I can see how it just boils down to very little, but it impressed me, and I thought it was in fact new and exciting for the franchise.

I'm at a point in life where I barely trust critics anyway. I love the Star Wars prequels. I love all the Jurassic sequels. I love the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th sequels. I love most of the Halloween sequels (Resurrection and the remakes can burn in a fire.). I couldn't begin to name every movie people consider awful I at least have some affection for. Super Mario Bros., I know it's bad, but its entertaining and kind of charming with what they tried to do. The point is, I know my own tastes, and whether I love a movie, like a movie, or find a movie so awful it's entertaining in different ways, I've found to not rely on anyone elses opinion before I judge it for myself, unless its something I absolutely do not care to see.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 am

As of seeing fallen kingdom, yes I’m worried about the future of the franchise. Absolutely nothing related to Sorna or anything like that really.

The movie just didn’t come close to doing what I wanted it to and I thought the dialogue was atrocious. A few concepts were also used in a way that made me cringe. I think the ideas were AMAZING and I think Colin is a good person, but I simply have no faith he can make a great movie anymore.

I’m sorry to be a negative person and I’ll try to keep my chin up. But man oh man it really hurts when you can’t bring yourself to love your own favorite franchise.

I’ll never stop loving this community though. You guys are literally the GOAT. I’d do anything for you guys.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 am

Troyal1 wrote:
As of seeing fallen kingdom, yes I’m worried about the future of the franchise. Absolutely nothing related to Sorna or anything like that really.

The movie just didn’t come close to doing what I wanted it to and I thought the dialogue was atrocious. A few concepts were also used in a way that made me cringe. I think the ideas were AMAZING and I think Colin is a good person, but I simply have no faith he can make a great movie anymore.

I’m sorry to be a negative person and I’ll try to keep my chin up. But man oh man it really hurts when you can’t bring yourself to love your own favorite franchise.

I’ll never stop loving this community though. You guys are literally the GOAT. I’d do anything for you guys.

I really hate seeing you down Troya. I liked the film a lot. I have been flip flopping back and forth between my exact score, because I had a fair amount of issues with pacing in the first half, but the second half I really loved. We can discuss more in the spoilers threa dif you want to.

As the person who started this thread, well, eventually I guess we'll be able to talk spoilers here in a week or two, but I'm less worried than I was. Although, the way JWFK ended, I could see a few different scenarios. Thing is, besides a certain couple, I don't really see how the cliffhanger we were left on wouldn't just be resolved in like ten minutes.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 am

This is not a personal attack on anyone but are some people seeing the same film as me? This film was GOOD & has taken the story finally in a new direction, I don't know why some people were expecting another classic like JP, this is a damn good sequel full of new dinosaur species, ideas, twists, suspense, action & characters. Why some (manly critics) are trashing this film is very disappointing to me!confused
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I really hate seeing you down Troya. I liked the film a lot. I have been flip flopping back and forth between my exact score, because I had a fair amount of issues with pacing in the first half, but the second half I really loved. We can discuss more in the spoilers threa dif you want to.

As the person who started this thread, well, eventually I guess we'll be able to talk spoilers here in a week or two, but I'm less worried than I was. Although, the way JWFK ended, I could see a few different scenarios. Thing is, besides a certain couple, I don't really see how the cliffhanger we were left on wouldn't just be resolved in like ten minutes.  

Thanks man. I also enjoyed the second half far more.

@dance2nite well if I want to get into the meat of my issues I cannot do it in this thread, but on the contrary I feel like I’ve seen a different movie than you XD. In my eyes I saw a film with extremely corny dialogue, atrocious pacing, Saturday morning cartoon villains and about as thin a plot as you can get.

The movie has awesome ideas but constantly fails to execute them properly and I walked out for the firs time feeling I had seen a Dino,crisis/resident evil movie more than a JP one. Obviously I’m fine with civil discourse over in the spoiler thread if you want to talk details.

To me this movie feels like the last Jedi of JP movies. You either liked it or you didn’t.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 am

I also agree that critics should not be able to influence how others feel about a movie. I also love the Star Wars prequels even with Jar Jar.

But man....Im telling you the reviews of JWFK on Youtube are not just harsh, they are being as harsh as a Youtuber can be with a film. And it is not just any Youtubers, it's some really high profile ones like Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns and SC Reviews (Who became very famous for being one of the first youtubers to make it clear that the backlash to The Last Jedi was not just 2 or 3 fanboys, and that there were legit reasons as to why it was ruining Star Wars).

In fact, some of them have straight up called JWFK worse than JP3. So their opinions might be really having a big influence on this movie's reputation. I am not going to lie, I am surprised at the amount of hate it is getting. Even though me and other fans were not that into it for various reasons, I thought it would get a "meh" or ok type of reaction from the very casual moviegoer. But yeah, there is a similar vibe in the reaction to The Last Jedi. It is a similar "I am done with this franchise" type of reaction although SW fans were even more devastated after TLJ.

On a side note, the only good thing that is coming out of this is that the internet is now praising The Lost World more.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:55 am

I also wonder if some of the backlash stems from the "dinosaurs on the mainland" plot- perhaps people think that it doesn't scream JP? I am kinda skeptical too, but we'll see what happens..

Or perhaps it's the stark tonal/location shift? I can see why, combined with the pacing, it can annoy some.

Either way, in my personal opinion, JW:FK>>>>TLJ-one was really enjoyable, the other just left me empty inside lol.

As for Chris, I kind of stopped taking him at face value after the whole BvS rewrite drama(last minute damage control at it's finest lol), and his reviews since then just started to become less and less objective. Jeremy jahns and sc were ok tho, i jut don't agree with some of their points.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 am

The backlash seems more along the lines of "It's a rehash", "No awe factor from the first", and plot holes/things that don't make sense.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 am

Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:
They left the door WIDE OPEN for something like this, so it could certainly happen I believe.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:13 am

dance2nite wrote:
This is not a personal attack on anyone but are some people seeing the same film as me? This film was GOOD & has taken the story finally in a new direction, I don't know why some people were expecting another classic like JP, this is a damn good sequel full of new dinosaur species, ideas, twists, suspense, action & characters. Why some (manly critics) are trashing this film is very disappointing to me!confused  

I feel EXACTLY the same ahah Like, if I weren't on the Internet for these days I would have bet for a 80%+ score on RT and for 90% of the fans really loving this movie.

And it's not like me being overhyped at a first watch. I saw the film 3 times, every time with different friends and both me and them loved it. Really can't believe the backlash, especially from some of the biggest JP fans.

My wish is that in these 3 years that separate us from JW3 many fans will change their mind about this film, and see the beauty that I can see in it.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:
They left the door WIDE OPEN for something like this, so it could certainly happen I believe.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Actually, she does.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:29 am

owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Actually, she does.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Actually, she does.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lol but in all seriousness, I really doubt she
Spoiler:
. It wouldn't really make sense.
So I think you can relax on that, Matt.

Only thing I fear is
Spoiler:
, but I'm pretty sure that
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:43 am

owenpratt wrote:

Only thing I fear is
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Only thing I fear is
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Directed by George Lucas lol

By the way, I think we will see also some feathered dinosaurs in JW3. Since
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 am

Troyal1 wrote:

I just think that Colin was brought up too soon before he properly matured. I've heard some fans like CT-1138 say that he's a fan of the first movie and not of the Jurassic Park franchise as a collective whole. That's another problem. He's too young and doesn't know as much as he should. The problem is that with Spielberg being so overprotective of this franchise, I don't think we'll get a veteran director with a fresh vision while still respecting the old. Not as long as the rights are kept in Uni's hands.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 12:41 am

owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im kind of worried that

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Actually, she does.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lol but in all seriousness, I really doubt she
Spoiler:
. It wouldn't really make sense.
So I think you can relax on that, Matt.

Only thing I fear is
Spoiler:
, but I'm pretty sure that
Spoiler:

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 1:06 am

The future, pick your favorite.

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Dino-riders

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 297190

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 9k=
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 1:46 am

Spiegel wrote:
The future, pick your favorite.

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Dino-riders

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 297190

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 9k=

Number 2 for sure, now that we know George Lucas certainly won’t be busy with SW.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 2:13 am

I pick a mix, with Maisie killing people left and right like the little girl from Logan in JW3 lmao.

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:09 am

Haha I was just thinking about what we were left to ponder and it was militarized dinosaurs, human clones, and the apocalypse of man due to a handful ofdinosaurs existing in Californa.

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 am

Spiegel wrote:
Haha I was just thinking about what we were left to ponder and it was militarized dinosaurs, human clones, and the apocalypse of man due to a handful ofdinosaurs existing in Californa.

Not just California, I think the parade of cars taking some of the dinosaurs to buyers was in Utah, and the pteranadons were in Nevada.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 am

^not to mention, they showed an ankylosaurus being taken to Russia (the wording on the truck's back was written in russian, i think it was "siberian cargo" or something like that). So, that's another one.
But I agree, the idea of dinosaurs running around california sounds kinda silly, I wish they chose another place-costa rica or south america would have been great (imagine carnivorous dinosaurs stalking hikers in the Amazon, would have been dope lol).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next