Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe? Empty
PostSubject: How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe?   How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 am

So, since within the JP universe, the franchise itself does not exists, as this is a universe where the films are the reality. (Depending on which timeline you want to talk about, it can get +/- complicated), how do these dinosaurs fit into the film universe?

My personal headcanon was that the Carnosaur novel and films (albeit somewhat different from our universe's versions) took the place of the JP franchise. I have not read the novel, but I have seen the original film trilogy (plus whatever Raptor and Eden Formula were supposed to be) and instead of being schlocky B-movies, were big budgeted action-thriller/horror films (Think Jaws meets Dino Crisis).

For Michael Crichton, I would say that his Congo novel incorporated elements of (what we would know as) his Lost World Novel, so instead of gorillas it has dinosaurs.

I would say dinosaur fiction in the JP universe would be more focused on action-thrillers like Dino Crisis, Turok and Carnosaur or "lost world" genres (Like Conan Doyle's novel, King Kong, or The Dinosaur Project), rather than the techno-thrillers of the JP franchise.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe?   How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Perhaps Michael Crichton still exists, but never wrote "Jurassic Park", but still spawned media like Westworld, Prey, and E.R. I mean, we know that he cameoed in the first movie. Perhaps that's actually him, just on vacation?
How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe? IPnWPaW

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/

How does Crichtonsaurus and Tianchisaurus fit in the JP universe?
Page 1 of 1