Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:
So, I just came out from watching the movie, and wanted to write my thoughts while they are still fresh in my head. In short: it's a fun and enjoyable movie, but it's definitely more style than substance. I totally understand the mixed critical reception. There's a lot of great stuff in it, but there's also a lot of underwhelming stuff.

First, my opinion on the characters:

Owen and Claire were slightly more likable this time around, and their relationship didn't bother me as much as it did in the first movie, but I still don't think these two are worthy characters of carrying the franchise forward. Owen's macho attitude, in particular, really gets on my nerves. That scene in the auction were he is just beating guard after guard was extremely cringy, not because of cinematography or choreography, mind you, but because I kept wondering "why is this in a JURASSIC PARK movie? I don't come to these movies to watch generic action-man beat hordes of generic evil-henchmen". This type of stuff is what makes me really miss having scientists as the main characters in these movies.
I don't have any strong opinions on Zia or Franklin. Franklin was slightly annoying, but not as I imagined he would be. I liked Zia's no-nonsense attitude, but sometimes she felt really grating and always on a high horse for no particular reason.
Isabella Semon's Maisie was great in it, easily my favorite character in the movie, and the best child character in the Jurassic Park franchise. Her acting was fantastic, especially in the scene where she found out her grandpa died. Really heartbreaking.
Lockwood and Iris were great, but they were also completely wasted later in the movie. It really felt like Connolly and Trevorrow suddenly wanted to write these two characters out of the movie as soon as possible. The scene where Lockwood openly confronts Mill is really lazy and underwhelming.
I really liked the villains. They were a bit too cartoonishly evil (especially Mills, whose killing of Lockwood felt really forced and out of nowhere), but it made their deaths more satisfying. Ted Levine was really great, and Rafe Spall's Mills is how I always imagined Dodgson should be portrayed in a Jurassic Park movie.

About the dinosaurs:

I really felt like the dinosaurs were advertised extras in this movie. The only dinosaurs that got real screentime were the Indoraptor, Blue and the Stigymoloch (and the Brachiosaurus, to an extent). The other dinosaurs were just window dressing for most of the movie, and they were almost completely irrelevant in the third act.
They could have easily made a really entertaining scene with those numerous dinosaurs breaking free and destroying the auction (à la Cabin in the Woods), but nope. They just get free and run to the woods. Meh.
Not even Rexy got to do anything of note. Sure, she munched on the main villain, but any other dinosaur could have done that, and it felt like the filmmakers just were just throwing her a bone after noticing that she really didn't do anything important in the entire movie.
I was also really surprised that the Mosasaurus had almost non-existing screentime (or any relevance whatsoever). Didn't Bayona and Trevorrow make a huge deal out of a underwater battle? Were they referring to the opening scene, where the Mosasaurus attacks the vessel offscreen?
The way the dinosaurs were handled in the third act really drives the point that this movie feels like an overlong setup for another movie.

Stuff that I found particularly annoying:

1. In Jurassic World's climax, Rexy and the I. rex were literally tearing through buildings. Now, in this movie, she (and other similarly-sized dinosaurs) really can't plow through either the brick walls or those rusted bars? Is the movie really telling me, that out of all those multi-ton dinosaurs, the only one who can destroy those walls is the small Stigymoloch?! Make up your mind, Jurassic World.

2. None of the characters witness Mill's death. This guy put the main characters through hell the entire movie, but after the Indoraptor's death, no one has visual confirmation of what happened to him (especially considering Rexy swallowed him whole), and they don't even ask themselves where he is.

3. The Indoraptor's smirk. God almighty, what were they thinking? My whole theater laughed at that scene, and when I walked out after the movie ended, I could still hear people making fun of it. That might be the single stupidest scene in the whole Jurassic Park franchise. Yes, stupider than the "ALAN" or "Kicking-a-raptor-out-of-a-window-using-gymnastics" scenes. Waaaay stupider.

4. The post-credits scene is the most pointless thing ever. Again, the whole theater let out a collective groan after it was over. I can totally see that showing up in first place in future internet lists "worst post-credits scenes ever". I would really love to hear the reasoning behind it by the filmmakers. It's gonna be made fun of a lot in the future, and honestly, deservedly so.

5. The movie's promotional material made a big deal out of Owen and Blue's relationship, but it doesn't really get developed from Blue's perspective. Seriously, she barely has any direct interaction with Owen in the entire movie. They have two brief interactions (one in her nest and other in her operating table), and then she's saving him from the Indoraptor, and then she's nodding goodbye and running to the woods. The movie's events must have been really weird from Blue's perspective.

6. And last but not least, I don't know if I'm looking forward to what this movie is setting up. It feels like a really wrong way to tackle the "dinosaurs on the mainland" plot from the novels. And I found Malcolm's apocalyptic speech a little silly, it felt like the writers completely misunderstood the reason why Malcolm was so against the dinosaurs in the first and second movies (and novels).

I absolutely agree. The ending credit scene really throws me off more than anything. A wasted opportunity in the sense that the idea of a small breeding population in the Jungles of South or Central America slowly growing to the point where is a problem is a better sell. The idea that Blue and Rexy, a long with the others, arent just going to be blown to pieces by Apache helicopters seems silly. I'm sorry but good luck to those dinosaurs trying to hide their multi ton bodies from thermal imaging and 30mm chain guns because they are the woods in one of the most populous states of America. Also, they gave away almost everything in trailers and they really did warp the idea of what Malcoms issues were with the creation of these dinosaurs.

Sorry for the double post but yeah i really REALLY wish the lockwood manor was in some far and remote location. Where animals could easily hide. Rexy near a zoo is kinda cheesy and would be stopped within 15 minutes(real life scenario).

Also part of the reason i thought weaponized dinos were dumb. Sure indoraptor can take a few shots, but not in a combat situation with tons of firearms. That the excuse that Hoskins gives "drones are able to be hacked" therefore dinos are better? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 pm

I think weaponized dinosaurs are as believable as Weyland-Yutani/the United Systems Military wanting to weaponize the xenomorphs, despite all the high-tech weaponry available and the fact that the aliens never actually win...the difference being, the dinosaurs don't kill by reproducing.

It kind-of makes sense to me - every time people and dinosaurs come into contact in the JP universe, people inevitably die (despite Muldoon, the hunters in TLW, and the mercenaries in JP3 having guns)...so, basically, some kook comes up with the idea, "hey, what if he have dinosaurs kill people on purpose instead of through random chaos".

I don't think it's a particularly sane or even viable idea, but at least it gives something to do other than "someone opens a dinosaur park again". Razz
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I think weaponized dinosaurs  are as believable as Weyland-Yutani/the United Systems Military wanting to weaponize the xenomorphs, despite all the high-tech weaponry available and the fact that the aliens never actually win...the difference being, the dinosaurs don't kill by reproducing.

It kind-of makes sense to me - every time people and dinosaurs come into contact in the JP universe, people inevitably die (despite Muldoon, the hunters in TLW, and the mercenaries in JP3 having guns)...so, basically, some kook comes up with the idea, "hey, what if he have dinosaurs kill people on purpose instead of through random chaos".

I don't think it's a particularly sane or even viable idea, but at least it gives something to do other than "someone opens a dinosaur park again". Razz

The redeeming factors for the Alien franchise were that it had the idea first and we don't know why they wanted to militarize the Xenomorph. While we do know the Xenomorph was very deadly, we don't know what kind of threat mankind was facing at the time. Perhaps the Xenomorph was potentially the best use against some unknown threat or could even act like a planet killing death star in the sense of an planetary infestation on an unruly colony. Jurassic World, however, is set in our world at our present time. I wouldn't really count on a Trex taking on an tank or infantry fighting vehicle, let alone an attack helicopter.

I do agree, it's better than rehashing the build a park plan or oh no we are stuck on an island full of dinosaurs plots.

I just think the idea of weaponizing animals seems silly because there are tons of deadly animals on this planet as it is right now. We don't drop rattlesnake bombs or send in a platoon of bears to clear a village. While we do use dogs and many militaries have experimented with dolphins and seals, it's never really been something humans do in mass since the age of the elephant and the horse.

I suppose we will see  what happens though.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:58 pm

The whole idea is still silly to me because of how easy it would be for an average American to shoot blue with their shotgun, much less a fully armed militia. Animals are pretty useless against guns.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 pm

^^ True, but keep in mind, in the fictional JP universe, InGen's animals have taken out vehicles such as cars, trailers, an airplane, a helicopter, a gryosphere, ETC. They've also taken out plenty of guys with guns, as in TLW and JW. Obviously this isn't very life-like, as far as we're concerned, but basically in the heightened JP reality, they've proven to be surprisingly able against our technology/weaponry.

But you're correct, in that real life, dinosaurs wouldn't last very long against a gun.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:25 pm

^ You have some degree of a point but the idea of a multi ton animal flipping a jeep isn't so crazy. The idea of that animal flipping over a Bradley Fighting Vehicle at 35 tons doesn't quite compare. Nor does it even factor in TOW missiles, a 25mm cannon, or a 7.62 coaxial machine gun.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 pm

I don’t want to see the animals extinct in the next film, and I want a good explanation for them not being immediately gunned down. I will be very pissed if the opening of JW3 we get beached Mosa and a bullet-ridden Rexy.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:47 am

Theres one MAJOR thing they need to address in JW3. And that is Maisie. Theres a lot to be revealed in her I bet as well, and I have to wonder if Colin and Universal have been entirely honest with us about no hybrids being in JW3. Because im getting doubtful about Maisie given how shadowy her past is. And Wu is the only one who knows the truth most likely.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 am

Even assuming that Colin wanted to go full-hog and make Maisie not just a clone but also part dinosaur as well, just what exactly would that mean for the plot?

Maisie being a human clone, essentially created from the same process that brought back the dinosaurs, means that she was in a way their next of kin and made her decision to free them in the end more believable. It wouldn't have felt genuine if it was Claire or Owen to free them. But in terms of future revelations, I don't see how making her part dinosaur would influence the plot of dinosaurs going open source and spreading across the world.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 am

Troyal1 wrote:
The whole idea is still silly to me because of how easy it would be for an average American to shoot blue with their shotgun, much less a fully armed militia. Animals are pretty useless against guns.

I think we're forgetting the scary factor. Think at how the Romans were at first defeated in the Punic Wars since they were absolutely terrified by the Carthaginians when they arrived with the elephants, creatures the Romans didn't even know existed.

I mean, I got scared even playing a videogame like Call of Duty when the dogs appear... I imagine being a soldier in real life and seeing a Velociraptor or an Indoraptor running towards you. You wouldn't even be able to think clearly. Add also the fact that the Indoraptor is clearly bullet-proof.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:29 am

Robotpo wrote:
I think weaponized dinosaurs  are as believable as Weyland-Yutani/the United Systems Military wanting to weaponize the xenomorphs, despite all the high-tech weaponry available and the fact that the aliens never actually win...the difference being, the dinosaurs don't kill by reproducing.

The idea of militarized dino's really is not as far etched as you make it to be. In the movies they are clearly still experimenting with them, blue and the other raptors were just test subjects. Heck even the Indo is still in testing phase.

Hoskins phrase of using them in caves is a great idea. Imagine a bullet proof indoraptor running through Afghan caves. It would be a nightmare for the enemy. And even while they would be less effective on the battlefield, losing raptors would be better than human lifes.

Keeping them under control might prove the biggest challenge but as the movies shows, this is in it infancy and not yet fully discovered. Although very promising after the work of Owen Grady. Even the Indo already willingly goes after every laser for like a cat. And yes, promoting loyal blood lines Razz
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 am

Remember, the threat isn't necessarily Blue to the humans, it's the fact that the Dinosaurs are now at risk of being poached by even worse companies that might have even worse motives. If they get hold of the formula to make a Dinosaur, it could be a lot more threatening.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Some people have made great points about the problems with the ending of this movie. No way how the dinosaurs would last long on U.S. soil without getting killed off fast. Not after what happened in San Diego back in TLW. If it had been either Central America, South America, or some place in Africa, where the countries in those continents don't have a powerful military, then it would work. But on American soil? Sorry, that's too much of a hard sell for me.

I still think we would have been better off if this movie got the T. rex ending-the one where the dinosaurs are relocated on Sorna and that Rexy found a new T. rex family-while the 3rd JW movie dealt with companies making dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon Rain Forest, parts of Asia, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted in real life.

Here's a link about Mokele-Mbembe, the sauropod that has been sighted in the Congo Basin.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some people have made great points about the problems with the ending of this movie. No way how the dinosaurs would last long on U.S. soil without getting killed off fast. Not after what happened in San Diego back in TLW. If it had been either Central America, South America, or some place in Africa, where the countries in those continents don't have a powerful military, then it would work. But on American soil? Sorry, that's too much of a hard sell for me.

I still think we would have been better off if this movie got the T. rex ending-the one where the dinosaurs are relocated on Sorna and that Rexy found a new T. rex family-while the 3rd JW movie dealt with companies making dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon Rain Forest, parts of Asia, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted in real life.

Here's a link about Mokele-Mbembe, the sauropod that has been sighted in the Congo Basin.

Keep in mind the dinos that got free in the end are not the ONLY dinos on the mainland now. Some of the buyers got away with their dinosaurs, and Wu has a Baryonx and a case full of dna embryos.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Keep in mind the dinos that got free in the end are not the ONLY dinos on the mainland now. Some of the buyers got away with their dinosaurs, and Wu has a Baryonx and a case full of dna embryos.

But do we REALLY think that those dinos aren't going to get killed off? And Wu's arrested so everything he has is now basically the property of the Feds.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 pm

I think and hope JW3 will answer our questions about how the dinosaurs will survive (and probably breed) on mainland.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

But do we REALLY think that those dinos aren't going to get killed off? And Wu's arrested so everything he has is now basically the property of the Feds.

Pretty positive Wu didnt get arrested as that was him on the plane at the end?

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 pm

I thought Wu was last seen being dragged off after he got tranquilized?

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm sorry, but where the hell Wu's arrested? Pretty sure it's him escaping again with the embryos in that plane to whatever place Colin will choose.

And even if he's arrested, they'll probably need him so I can see a deal being made.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Wu wasn't arrested in the film. He was just sedated and then taken away by his own men.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:15 pm

I might laugh if JW3 is literally the Sayles script. Other companies are cloning dinosaurs, when suddenly, Owen is taken one night. He’s flown to Romania where Wu is working for Baron von Drax (ugh), and has captured Blue who is with a new genetically created Raptor family. Owen will train them...or die!

Spoiler:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:53 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I might laugh if JW3 is literally the Sayles script. Other companies are cloning dinosaurs, when suddenly, Owen is taken one night. He’s flown to Romania where Wu is working for Baron von Drax (ugh), and has captured Blue who is with a new genetically created Raptor family. Owen will train them...or die!

Spoiler:

Well, it might sound crazy but I don't doubt Wu will get Blue again, make other raptor babies and force Owen to train them. Rolling Eyes It sounds possible.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Spoiler:

Well, it might sound crazy but I don't doubt Wu will get Blue again, make other raptor babies and force Owen to train them. Rolling Eyes  It sounds possible.

Maisie's hidden dino dna activates when she hits puberty and she can connect with Blue as the new alpha lol

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Spoiler:

Well, it might sound crazy but I don't doubt Wu will get Blue again, make other raptor babies and force Owen to train them. Rolling Eyes  It sounds possible.

Maisie's hidden dino dna activates when she hits puberty and she can connect with Blue as the new alpha lol

LMAO

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 pm

How are the freed dinosaurs going to procreate? They should all be female and it is known now that they procreated on Nublar. I don't think it's feasible to think Wu didn't address the issue.

Also, I'm never going to get behind the militarized dinosaur thing. The only use of most of these creatures is like Jaba the Hutt with his Rancor.

Honestly they should have split the movie in two. One part would be the rescue mission on Nublar and the second would be the part in Lockwood Manor. You leave the ending open like they did and create a series on Netflix about a group trying to stop companies from obtaining dinosaurs and finding the freed ones running amok in remote locations.

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Spiegel wrote:
How are the freed dinosaurs going to procreate? They should all be female and it is known now that they procreated on Nublar. I don't think it's feasible to think Wu didn't address the issue.

Also, I'm never going to get behind the militarized dinosaur thing. The only use of most of these creatures is like Jaba the Hutt with his Rancor.

Honestly they should have split the movie in two. One part would be the rescue mission on Nublar and the second would be the part in Lockwood Manor. You leave the ending open like they did and create a series on Netflix about a group trying to stop companies from obtaining dinosaurs and finding the freed ones running amok in remote locations.

Well....the Compys are def going to get out and thats really going to be bad. LIke especially in the NorCal forests, you'll never get rid of them.

Also bit dissapointed we got more Jurassic War hints this movie despite Colin saying that wasnt going to be a thing.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Spiegel wrote:

Wu made females and males for JW. That's the explanation to why they can breed. Colin said it's canon that there were males too so...

I wonder if these dinosaurs will procreate so much in mainland and turn out to be a plague. Like rats...Compys will sure be a problem.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Wu made females and males for JW. That's the explanation to why they can breed. Colin said it's canon that there were males too so...

I wonder if these dinosaurs will procreate so much in mainland and turn out to be a plague. Like rats...Compys will sure be a problem.

He did? I don't remember him or anyone talking about the sex of any of the dinosaurs aside from blue being a female as well as the Indominus rex

Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Eh, that was just Trevorrow having to justify the presence of a cute little baby Triceratops in the new movie. In neither Jurassic World or Fallen Kingdom there's a mention of a single male dinosaur (not even the Indoraptor is referred as a he), and there's no sexual dimorphism in any animal seen in these new movies.

This is particularly egregious on the Pteranodon, where every single one of the numerous Pteranodon have that ugly small crest only seen on females.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Eh, that was just Trevorrow having to justify the presence of a cute little baby Triceratops in the new movie. In neither Jurassic World or Fallen Kingdom there's a mention of a single male dinosaur (not even the Indoraptor is referred as a he), and there's no sexual dimorphism in any animal seen in these new movies.

This is particularly egregious on the Pteranodon, where every single one of the numerous Pteranodon have that ugly small crest only seen on females.

Pssst, don't destroy my attempt at an excuse for this plot hole. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next