Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]

Go down 
+2
Mr. Robustus
Spinosaur4.4
6 posters

Favorite JW FK character (s)
Claire Dearing
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap8%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Owen Grady
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap4%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Benjamin Lockwood
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap20%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Ian Malcolm
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap0%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maisie Lockwood
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap32%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 32% [ 8 ]
Franklin Webb
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap4%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Zia Rodriguez
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap16%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Henry Wu
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap12%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Elli Mills
 4% [ 1 ]
Other
1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_lcap0%1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Back

AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Empty
PostSubject: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello guys! If this thread is in the wrong place you can remove/move it. ^^

I just think it would be cool to make a favorite JW FK character thread like the one for JW. So here it is! Very Happy

What's your favorite (s) JW FK character (s) and why? Let's post it! Razz

I oppened the pool for multiple choices so if you are also having a hard time to find only ONE favorite character, you can vote on more!

Personally I still can't make out a standing ONE favorite character but I have the list of the ones I most loved in FK:

Claire Dearing
Maisie Lockwood
Benjamin Lockwood
Zia Rodriguez
Henry Wu

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 11:40 pm

My vote was for Maisie. That little girl, Isabella Sermon, did a fantastic acting job, and she was definitely the heart of the movie. Easily the best child character in the franchise, and I'm glad the final scenes implied she will be returning for the next movie. Although I guess it wouldn't be above the Jurassic Park franchise to just write her out (Trevorrow: "Oh, they were just dropping her off at Iris's house. Now here's a new child character for this movie!")

I also really liked Mills. Sure, he was slightly cartoonish - especially with his murdering of Lockwood - but he was a very enjoyable villain, and kind of the perfect asshole victim that you can't wait to see his comeuppance. He's kind of how I imagined a proper movie version of Dodgson would be, personality-wise. If we never get a return from Dodgson, I will happily accept Mills as a stand-in for him.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 am

Zia is the best character in this movie. She better return for the next because Daniella Pineda portrays her so well, she really does!

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 1:58 am

Luckily, the poll allows for more than one pick. So I'm voting for Claire, Maisie, Zia, Wu, and Mills.

Maisie is definitely the heart and soul of the movie. I also like how Wu is beginning to see the how his actions result in negative consequences which he never intended, which I feel is underappreciated.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 5:11 am

Maisie Lockwood is definitely my favorite character. She really steals the show both due to her intense performance and her character being very original and very well written. She is, like others here said, the heart and soul of the movie. Best kid in the franchise BY FAR. Her choice at the end feels very emotional and understandable due to what we know about her. Hope to see her again in JW3... her character has potential.

I liked Mills too... Rafe Spall did a great job and his character, although cartoonish at times, has some of my favorite lines of the movie like
Spoiler:
. The way he delivered these lines is just damn right.

Despite his little screentime, I enjoyed a lot Toby Jones' performance as Gunnar Eversol.
Spoiler:

I actually found Ken Wheatley to be muh more cartoonish (And a few times dumber) than Mills, but again the actor killed it. Just like with Vic Hoskins, a cartoonish character but greatly played by D'Onofrio.

I liked Owen and Claire more than in Jurassic World. I'm not talking about characters arc or similar, but more about how they feel more real people than movie characters, which was the case with Jurassic World in a few scenes. They somehow felt more relatable (and with flaws, unlike the JW "I'm always right" Owen).

Ben Lockwood is also a really great addition to the franchise. I would have liked more of him, but it's fine.

I didn't find Franklin and Zia to be as relevant to the plot as I thought they would be (I mean, they are, but not THAT important like Maisie, Mills or Lockwood), but I enjoyed their characters and performances. Daniella Pineda is so good with face expressions, and Justice Smith really made me laugh a few times.

Dr Wu is even better than in Jurassic World, really loved BD Wong's performance as well. Needs more screentime in JW3.

Loved Ian Malcolm's sort of cameo too. He has a really brief but memorable role. Loved his lines and how close to the novels they are.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
My vote was for Maisie. That little girl, Isabella Sermon, did a fantastic acting job, and she was definitely the heart of the movie. Easily the best child character in the franchise, and I'm glad the final scenes implied she will be returning for the next movie. Although I guess it wouldn't be above the Jurassic Park franchise to just write her out (Trevorrow: "Oh, they were just dropping her off at Iris's house. Now here's a new child character for this movie!")

I also really liked Mills. Sure, he was slightly cartoonish - especially with his murdering of Lockwood - but he was a very enjoyable villain, and kind of the perfect asshole victim that you can't wait to see his comeuppance. He's kind of how I imagined a proper movie version of Dodgson would be, personality-wise. If we never get a return from Dodgson, I will happily accept Mills as a stand-in for him.

Fully agree with you about Maisie. She's the best kid of JP franchise. They handled her very well. People know that I was the #1 HATER of kids in movies here and when they announced JW FK would have a kid I got super mad. I have to burn my mounth now because she was amazing. Maisie is clever, not annoying and USEFULL. All I wanted for a kid.

About Mills, loved him also (forgot to add him lmao). IMO he's the best villain of the franchise, I like how he's charismatic and flamboyant at first, and then starts showing his darker side (first screaming with Maisie, then with Wu, showing his real intentions to sell the dinosaurs...)

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

Fully agree with you about Maisie. She's the best kid of JP franchise. They handled her very well. People know that I was the #1 HATER of kids in movies here and when they announced JW FK would have a kid I got super mad. I have to burn my mounth now because she was amazing. Maisie is clever, not annoying and USEFULL. All I wanted for a kid.

About Mills, loved him also (forgot to add him lmao). IMO he's the best villain of the franchise, I like how he's charismatic and flamboyant at first, and then starts showing his darker side (first screaming with Maisie, then with Wu, showing his real intentions to sell the dinosaurs...)

You also like Maisie because....

Spoiler:

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 am

You realize Maisie is such a great character when even Diego, who generally hates kids in the Jurassic franchise, says he loved her Laughing

I've read some criticism though about her "decision" towards the end, giving the problematic implications of that choice. But I actually think that's the sense of the film. It's controversial. I personally loved that moment.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm

owenpratt wrote:
You realize Maisie is such a great character when even Diego, who generally hates kids in the Jurassic franchise, says he loved her Laughing

I've read some criticism though about her "decision" towards the end, giving the problematic implications of that choice. But I actually think that's the sense of the film. It's controversial. I personally loved that moment.

Spoiler:

Maisie's rights are tied to their rights really, thats what I think.

Also I want Zia back for JW3.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Spoiler:

This will be so interesting to see in JW3, if Maisie comes back (I hope so).

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 pm

She's pretty much guaranteed to return with the way they ended it.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Spoiler:

This will be so interesting to see in JW3, if Maisie comes back (I hope so).

Yeah, they could do a complex story, of her being the only one of Ingen's creations with the ability to give her own side of the argument, could be very emotional if Owen/Claire go public with her.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

You also like Maisie because....

Spoiler:

Pssst Sickle, no way it's because of that too, I'm not biased. Laughing

Yeah, I confess I like her also because of that twist. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]   1 - Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite JW FK character thread! [POOL] [SPOILERS]
Page 1 of 1