Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 12:01 am

Sorry if I sound repetitive (I know the mods want to keep the positivity) But man...

So let me get this straight...There is room in Jurassic World 3 for every character from Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and plenty of other newcomers but there is no room whatsoever for any character from The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3 ?

Like I understood Universal playing it safe for JW since it was the first major thing Jurassic in 14 years...But then we know for a fact that, Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly and J.A. Bayona are only fans of the original and do not care for TLW and JP3...Then they have avoided them so much on this trilogy that they might as well declare them non canon and straight up say that the only films that matter are JP, JW,JWFK and JW3.

That has been one of the main reasons why this trilogy has been one huge letdown for me...I am sick of this JP,JW and JWFK are the only films that matter mentality. A very passive agressive way to double down on putting more emphasis on how TLW and JP3 do not matter at all.

(And yeah, I know...I know...I am not supposed to be taking these films so seriously, and that they are "just movies"...But still, I have the right to feel. Sorry if that is not in line with what others want).

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:37 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
...But then we know for a fact that, Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly and J.A. Bayona are only fans of the original and do not care for TLW and JP3...

If they're only fans of the original why have so many homages to both TLW & JP3 throughout JW/JWFK? Like the gyrosphere sinking sequence. Why Mention Sorna at all? Or have the colourations/designs of the dinosaurs from those movies reappear?

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 am

@TRexSpinorematch
JW:FK mentioned Sorna so TLW & JP3 are 100% canon. As for characters from those films returning I'm all for it. Even for just a cameo.

They are probably more fans of the original but they still respect the fans by keeping them canon.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:56 am

Is Maisie is kidnapped because they know she's a clone and want the secrets of making human clones then it might work.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 8:43 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
Is Maisie is kidnapped because they know she's a clone and want the secrets of making human clones then it might work.

Maybe, but surely making human clones would be a relatively easy process when compared to making dinosaurs?

If the synopsis is true, I believe that Maisie would be abducted for financial reasons. With Benjamin Lockwood and Eli Mills dead, and Iris missing; Maisie is now the sole heir to Lockwood's fortune and this would unfortunately make her a target, which in this case would be the dino-poachers wanting to find a way to keep themselves well funded.
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 am

Also in regards to the canon of TLW and JP3, lets not forget too that while promoting JW, Colin even pointed out that the events of TLW and JP3 still happened in the movie canon, if they werent canon, why say they are?

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 10:25 am

Technically speaking, Malcolm is a returning character from TLW, and both Alan and Ellie are returning characters from JP3.

As far as JP3 is concerned, it’s lack of relevance is at least partially due to the way it was written. Fact is that it was a very self contained story without any far reaching repercussions to begin with. If the Jurassic franchise were an episodic TV show, JP3 would be a filler episode. This isn’t a criticism of the quality of the film, but rather an observation of the type of story that was told in JP3.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 11:49 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
@TRexSpinorematch
JW:FK mentioned Sorna so TLW & JP3 are 100% canon. As for characters from those films returning I'm all for it. Even for just a cameo.

They are probably more fans of the original but they still respect the fans by keeping them canon.

I think his gripe is that they aren't directly referencing the incidents that happened during those movies.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:35 pm

I love JP3 to death, truly. But I don’t see anything to reference about it on a story in the mainland.

Alteast in a big way. I think Grant maybe having a line about his experience with Raptors in JP3 when he meets Owen would be awesome. But that’s as far as I can see it. Unless they visit the Kirby’s store at the end Wink
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I actually wonder if they're going to reference Ellie's husband or kids or just ignore it and go back to she and Grant being a couple.

Would be funny/silly if they just had Grant say something like, "Oh by they way Ellie, I'm really sorry about your husband getting stuck down that well". Cool
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I actually wonder if they're going to reference Ellie's husband or kids or just ignore it and go back to she and Grant being a couple.

Would be funny/silly if they just had Grant say something like, "Oh by they way Ellie, I'm really sorry about your husband getting stuck down that well". Cool

That is something i myself have been questioning, cause i could very easily see and i wont be surprised either if they retcon that aspect from JP3.

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I think Alan & Ellie will be a couple in this film. They'll either ignore JP3 altogether, recon there relationship or just say Ellie dumped her husband for Alan after JP3's events...
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 6:26 pm

eagc7 wrote:
Also in regards to the canon of TLW and JP3, lets not forget too that while promoting JW, Colin even pointed out that the events of TLW and JP3 still happened in the movie canon, if they werent canon, why say they are?

Uh guys... I am fully aware that TLW and JP3 are still canon. I have never said they were removed from canon.

What I am saying is that ever since Colin became the leader of the franchise (around 2013), their importance and relevance has been lessened so much that they may as well declare them not canon and it would not make a difference at this point.

And yes, I am fully aware that they mentioned Sorna in JWFK and yes I am fully aware of the Spino skeleton easter egg in JW. But other than that It is more than obvious that Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly and J.A. Bayona do not care for TLW and JP3. Colin has only mentioned TLW and JP3 by name like only twice in the last 7 years, Derek Connolly straight up said that he only liked the first JP and not the other 2 sequels and J.A. Bayona was interviewed shortly after JWFK about the other movies and he could not even remember that the Spinosaurus existed. Even Colin saying that "the other 2 sequels are being put to the side" is a very passive aggressive way to say "I am not interested in them, we can do fine without them". And If that is not enough proof for you then just take a look at every single film from this trilogy. Each and every one of them has a ton of references to JP and only 1 very minor reference to TLW and 1 very minor reference to JP3.

And again, this is not an attack on them as people, I am sure they are good humble people as human beings. But to suggest that they are making efforts to keep TLW and JP3 relevant is very far from reality. In fact it is the opposite from reality. Now more than ever we have proof of that knowing everyone from JP, JW, and JWFK is returning but not a single actor from TLW or JP3 is returning. Sorry, but this is the truth. This trilogy has been one huge "JP,JW and JWFK are the only things that matter" fest.  To suggest that Colin and company are interested in TLW and JP3 because he made 1 obscure reference to them is like saying "Yes, I love my girlfriend because I have given her 1 or 2 calls in the last 7 years".

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 10:29 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
eagc7 wrote:

Uh guys... I am fully aware that TLW and JP3 are still canon. I have never said they were removed from canon.

What I am saying is that ever since Colin became the leader of the franchise (around 2013), their importance and relevance has been lessened so much that they may as well declare them not canon and it would not make a difference at this point.

And yes, I am fully aware that they mentioned Sorna in JWFK and yes I am fully aware of the Spino skeleton easter egg in JW. But other than that It is more than obvious that Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly and J.A. Bayona do not care for TLW and JP3. Colin has only mentioned TLW and JP3 by name like only twice in the last 7 years, Derek Connolly straight up said that he only liked the first JP and not the other 2 sequels and J.A. Bayona was interviewed shortly after JWFK about the other movies and he could not even remember that the Spinosaurus existed. Even Colin saying that "the other 2 sequels are being put to the side" is a very passive aggressive way to say "I am not interested in them, we can do fine without them". And If that is not enough proof for you then just take a look at every single film from this trilogy. Each and every one of them has a ton of references to JP and only 1 very minor reference to TLW and 1 very minor reference to JP3.

And again, this is not an attack on them as people, I am sure they are good humble people as human beings. But to suggest that they are making efforts to keep TLW and JP3 relevant is very far from reality. In fact it is the opposite from reality. Now more than ever we have proof of that knowing everyone from JP, JW, and JWFK is returning but not a single actor from TLW or JP3 is returning. Sorry, but this is the truth. This trilogy has been one huge "JP,JW and JWFK are the only things that matter" fest.  To suggest that Colin and company are interested in TLW and JP3 because he made 1 obscure reference to them is like saying "Yes, I love my girlfriend because I have given her 1 or 2 calls in the last 7 years".
This is one of the few things you and I may ever agree on.

To add more evidence to the pile, there was a 2013/2014 interview (I think possibly the one from Empire Magazine) with Colin where he said he never liked TLW that much because he thought it wasn't joyful enough.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 am

CT-1138 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
eagc7 wrote:

To add more evidence to the pile, there was a 2013/2014 interview (I think possibly the one from Empire Magazine) with Colin where he said he never liked TLW that much because he thought it wasn't joyful enough.

Because it is the truth. I get mad everytime I see a news article of someone involved in JW,JWFK or JW3 implying that they will have "more connections to the previous films" or saying "that this sequel is going to be more of a celebration of the entire saga". Yet when we actually get to see the films of the Colin era, they are all exactly the same, loaded with references to the original JP and only 1 very obscure reference to TLW or JP3.

Wich is why I cringe whenever I see fans trying to imply that Colin and company are making efforts to tie this trilogy to TLW and JP3. Seriously they avoid that at every turn and if anything have given more life to the "Nobody cares for TLW myth". While it is true that JP3 did one of the most infamous and strangest desicions in film history, TLW had no such backlash, it was not hated nor thought of as a big letdown. So why do they still feel the need to avoid everything and anything from it?

This reminds me so much of the time when Disney bought Star Wars and in the years leading up to the Force Awakens (2012 to 2015) they believed so much the myth that "everyone hates the prequels" that they went out of their way to avoid even mentioning them in the marketing campaing of TFA and even took not so subtle jabs at them like straight up saying they were using "REAL sets" and "PRACTICAL effects" in order to cater to the myth that "The prequels were all CGI".

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 7:06 am

ANYWAYS, Jurassic World 3 is listed under Michael Giacchino's filmography on IMDb, which is interesting considering nothing has been confirmed yet. Not exactly shocking if true, but worth noting nonetheless. I enjoyed his score for FK look forward to seeing what he has up his sleeve for JW3 if true.

I still wouldn't complain if John Williams was brought aboard in some capacity though, even if it's in a collaboration with Giacchino. It would actually be a pretty fitting way to send off the franchise imo.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:46 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
eagc7 wrote:

The fact that the movies barely acknowledge Sorna as canon and that we have to go to these stupid sites that, quite frankly, are a lazy way of ensuring something is canon really bothers me. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to go to a site to find out what happened in between JP3 and JW when I should be expecting it IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE!

Troyal1 wrote:
I don’t think my expectations could be lower but here I am

If this movie is really about
Spoiler:

Again I know it’s early, but this could be clowned more than JP3 when all is said and done.

IF, and that's a big if, that really is true...

Then perhaps Uni figured out that doing this would be easier then explaining why they made a movie with dinosaurs all over the place and not getting wiped out by the National Guard.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
eagc7 wrote:

The fact that the movies barely acknowledge Sorna as canon and that we have to go to these stupid sites that, quite frankly, are a lazy way of ensuring something is canon really bothers me. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to go to a site to find out what happened in between JP3 and JW when I should be expecting it IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE!

One more thing to add in the Sorna thing, correct me if i am wrong, but if i recall the Sorna reference was a last minute audition when they filmed the scene, it wasnt even in the script

#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm

eagc7 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
eagc7 wrote:

One more thing to add in the Sorna thing, correct me if i am wrong, but if i recall the Sorna reference was a last minute audition when they filmed the scene, it wasnt even in the script

Wich would be even more proof that what I have been saying for years is true.

Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly, J.A. Bayona and co. have never felt any interest whatsoever in anything related to TLW and JP3. And while they might be good people it almost seems like they do not even remember those movies that well.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 8:36 pm

@Rhedosaurus in JW:FK during the news scenes it is mentioned that that the volcano would bring the dinosaurs to extinction again which indicates that Sorna has apparently no more dinosaurs like the DPG website said.

So you really don't have to read the website to know something happened on Sorna between JP3 & JW but to learn the details then yes.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Filming might start tomorrow as Pratt was spotted in instagram stories getting wardrobe.

Also

https://twitter.com/MazzelloJoe/status/1231662101980008450

Joe Mazzello in JW3??

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 8:57 pm

I thought filming already begun.

Claire's new look: https://jurassicworld3.net/news/first-look-at-claire-bryce-dallas-howard-jurassic-world-3-2021
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
I thought filming already begun.

Claire's new look: https://jurassicworld3.net/news/first-look-at-claire-bryce-dallas-howard-jurassic-world-3-2021
Maybe just some pickup scenes were filmed, i mean they filmed some stuff for lets say Batman V Superman before the official start of production

Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 3:06 pm

The title is "Jurassic World: Dominion", revealed by Trevorrow from first day of shooting!

Also it looks like they're using the original JP style for the logo!

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-3-officially-titled-jurassic-world-dominion-and-has-begun-principal-photography/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Cool name, happy to see snow in the shoot but disappointed John Schwartzman is DOP again, his JW look was disappointing, Oscar Faura's work was better...
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Changed the name of the section and the thread title to reflect the film title reveal!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
@Rhedosaurus in JW:FK during the news scenes it is mentioned that that the volcano would bring the dinosaurs to extinction again which indicates that Sorna has apparently no more dinosaurs like the DPG website said.

So you really don't have to read the website to know something happened on Sorna between JP3 & JW but to learn the details then yes.

But we kind of do. After all, a lot of people want to know what happened on Sorna, even more so how the U.S. Military was involved in protecting it at the end of TLW and JP3. As I said many times, going to a site to fill in plot holes is NOT good story telling at all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:01 pm

I love the title reveal for sure! Im definitely very excited we now have a title!

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:12 pm

I like the title. It's a little generic and vague, but that's OK. It sounds cool and isn't cringey, or something way too on-the-nose like "New Era" or something.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 am

Dr. Wu wrote:

I think people are missing the point…

The status of Isla Sorna was the central and most important plot point in both The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 yet it was avoided and ignored in Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom almost in a way to make the audience sub conciously forget about everything and anything Sorna related. And they did a great job at it. Think about it.

For 2 full movies the main plot is that there is this big island with a huge dinosaur ecosystem. What is going to be the status of that island? Does the goverment want to keep it restricted and just leave it at that? Can species of different time periods just continue to survive there? Well Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom answer all of these questions by telling us "Focus on Nublar and then focus on the mainland".

Can you imagine if in Star Wars A New Hope Luke began his Jedi training with Obi Wan, then continued to train with Yoda in the Empire Strikes Back and then all of the sudden Return of the Jedi avoided and ignored all of that Luke becoming a Jedi plotline and only focused on the Rebels VS Empire thing? And they had Luke there but acting like a normal person, nothing about him becoming a Jedi or doing Jedi related stuff.

That is more or less what is happening. They wanted to pander as much as they could to the "Nobody liked or cared about TLW" myth that the end result was a ton of people asking "Wait...What the hell happened to Sorna" after JW and JWFK. And yes...I know...I know...The websites...Most people are not even aware they exist (And they tend to be somewhat ambigous on some things).

And yet here we are again….For the third time in a row, yet another film that is going to pander to the "Nobody cares for TLW or JP3" myth. With room for literaly everybody except Sarah, Nick, Kelly, Billy, Eric or anyone related to Sorna, TLW and JP3 . Fans have the right to be mad. They have very valid reasons. Telling fans to just "Be thankful you are getting something and just enjoy it" ignores context and it is toxic positivity.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next