Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!

Go down 
+22
eagc7
Bionic
JD-man
Island Queen
Bbrink1996
The Geeky Zoologist
Dr. Wu
Megatronus Rex
1morey
dance2nite
Sickle_Claw
NikoRex
CommanderKeller
Pachyrhinosaurus
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
Robotpo
TyrannosaurTJ
Mr. Robustus
Dead2009
owenpratt
Spiegel
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Empty
PostSubject: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:58 pm

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:49 pm

This looks fantastic! Animation and design are so faithful to the movies, which is a nice surprise.
Can't wait for "Battle at Big Rock" news next!

(yeah, I came back on this forum after a long time Very Happy )

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 5:55 pm

I wonder if people are going to be eaten in this series.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 am

1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Jurassic-World-Camp-Cretaceous

That's really awesome news, a JP animated series (or heck, any series) is an old childhood dream of mine. And it seems like they're going for a more Jurassic Park-like aesthetic.

Though I have to wonder how much that teaser really represents how the dinosaurs are gonna look like in the series. That raptor looks very photo-realistic and movie-accurate, and the human characters in that promo picture look heavily stylized. I have a feeling that the raptor in the trailer is just a "borrowed" asset from ILM so DreamWorks could put together a quick teaser to accompany the announcement of the series, and the dinosaurs are gonna be stylized like the humans. Hope I'm wrong though, and that the dinosaurs actually do look like that.

Also, kind of funny that the premise is basically one of the original drafts of JP III, minus Grant.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

I am really on-board with this and looking forward to it.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Yep, this is exciting! Finally we're getting a Jurassic TV series!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm

I am SO excited! This looks so cool!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:10 am

I just wish we got this all this AFTER the first JW. I mean Universal's hold to the JP rights are almost over and it's only NOW that they and Spielberg decide to expand the franchise?!

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I just wish we got this all this AFTER the first JW. I mean Universal's hold to the JP rights are almost over and it's only NOW that they and Spielberg decide to expand the franchise?!

Maybe it's on purpose, to build hype and hope that Universal plays to keep the rights or some other studio does.

Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm glad to see a spin-off. Other franchises have shows and stuff and I've been hoping that JP would get something beyond the movies. I think the teen age group is interesting, it's something we've only seen in JW and I think it has better potential for a family-oriented show than would adults or young children.

One thing that does bother me though is the whole Netflix thing. It would be nice if it were on TV as well in order to reach a wider audience; Universal even has their own kids station. I'm hoping it gets a home release so we can have it on DVD for those of us who aren't interested in streaming services.
Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 10:55 am

Do you think the dinosaur designs on the series will be like the teaser? movie style?

Looking at the character designs on the promo image and the cartoon style of the past dreamwork netflix series, i find odd to imagine a ''realistic'' dinosaur design blended with cartoonish characters, maybe is just concept art and the final art style is more life-like at the end but, for the moment i take that teaser just as an announcement animation, even the series logo is not present.

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 7:48 pm

I really hope it's not TOO cartoony and is watchable for adult fans. Surely they realize that a lot of their die-hard fans are in their 20's and 30's?
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Stahp Complaining.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:21 am

Dead2009 wrote:
I wonder if people are going to be eaten in this series.

I personally doubt it.
But on the other hand, The Clone Wars had some brutal scenes for a kids cartoon... Razz
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 8:01 pm

It seems it's out in August, and there are a bunch of new figures for the show here:

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-camp-cretaceous-is-coming-to-netflix-in-august-2020-first-plot-details-characters-and-dinosaurs-revealed/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm hyped for this.

Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am

Camp Cretaceous poster, it premieres september 18th on Netflix, possible trailer soon.

1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! 1gg1un0lold51

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 2:24 pm

I love the trailer, I think it looks pretty good, at least in my opinion!

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Is this set in a different timeline to the Jurassic film universe?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 pm

^^ It's supposed to take place during the events of the first "Jurassic World" apparently.

It looks very "kiddie" IMO - I'd prefer they'd do a series that's closer in tone to the movies, (or JP: The Game, basically an animated movie), but I'll give this a shot anyway.

Anywho, now that Universal has its own streaming service with Peacock, perhaps that's where the rumored live-action series will end up?
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 2:26 am

Robotpo wrote:
^^ It's supposed to take place during the events of the first "Jurassic World" apparently.

It looks very "kiddie" IMO - I'd prefer they'd do a series that's closer in tone to the movies, (or JP: The Game, basically an animated movie), but I'll give this a shot anyway.

Anywho, now that Universal has its own streaming service with Peacock, perhaps that's where the rumored live-action series will end up?

Oh ok thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm

The dinosaurs themselves look decent, but everything else looks like utter crap. My old PS2 games have better graphics then this. Seriously, couldn't Universal have given the same priority to quality to everything else like they did to the dinosaurs? Just because it's a kids show doesn't mean you have to skimp out on quality animation...or be kiddie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 am

MEGA UPDATE (Thanks to 1Morey for letting me know) ALL THE CAMP CRETACEOUS CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS:
sOURCE: THIS WEBSITE:https://www.gamesradar.com/jurassic-world-camp-cretaceous-netflix-series-trailer/?fbclid=IwAR2MVeAxeGDYr9eRUUv3uduLS5nlWjlMVQTNPm9o4s8ufSykBdyMaQK2cRw

Paul-Mikel Williams as Darus Bowman: "A whip-smart but slightly withdrawn kid, Darius comes alive when he talks about the single greatest passion in his life –dinosaurs! They’ve been his obsession since he could walk, and he loves nothing more than spending all his time reading about these magnificent creatures. Darius’ passion and willingness to be his true self by wearing his enthusiasm on his sleeve are the very things that make him invaluable to the group. At the end of the day, no one else is as qualified as Darius to assume the mantle of leadership and keep the group alive. He’ll keep them safe and get them off of Isla Nublar, even if that means hiding his own doubts and fears and projecting a confidence he doesn’t yet feel."

Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn: "She only needs one name, because as the star of the most popular travel and lifestyle vlog on social media, Brooklynn is one of the most famous 13-year-olds on the planet. She was able to score her ticket to Camp Cretaceous in exchange for documenting her experience and posting it for her millions of followers to view. Brooklynn has travelled to some of the most luxurious, but also some of the most dangerous and remote parts of the world. All her travel and knowledge allows her to adapt to any situation and come up with solutions that no one else could see."

Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon: "Handsome and brash, the self-proclaimed alpha male of the group, Kenji has the outer confidence of someone born to privilege who expects to go far in life on the strength of his family’s name. And as a frequent visitor to Jurassic World due to his wealthy parents being major investors, he’s familiar to the point of jadedness with the park and its miraculous living dinosaurs. Kenji has gotten to know the park so well that he understands its systems, how they work, and how to guide his team through them including the tunnels running beneath the surface of the island. Despite his rich, shallow exterior, the brash jokester will gradually turn into a valued member of the team and a trusted ally for Darius."

Kausar Mohammed as Yasmina 'Yaz' Fadoula: "The strongest and most athletically assured of the camp goers (she’s already a world-class heptathlon champion and junior athlete), Yaz relishes the outdoor opportunities that Isla Nublar provides, even if she has a hard time opening up to the other campers. For the life of a world-class athlete is disciplined and solitary, leaving Yaz with few social skills to help her relate to the others. Although she may come off as sarcastic and gruff, as she gets to know the other campers overtime, she’ll start to open up and become the strong backbone of the group."

Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez: "Sammy is gregarious, loud, and filled with enthusiasm for the experience of being at Camp Cretaceous. Sammy’s gusto for life and new experiences is infectious, because despite her loudness she doesn’t want to dominate the group, she just wants to be friends with everyone. But Sammy’s friendly exterior hides a dark secret."

Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus: "A sensitive and bookish kid who hates the outdoors, for Ben the entire island is a nightmare of dirt, germs, insects, and creatures he’s (justifiably) convinced want to eat him. His parents view Camp Cretaceous as an opportunity for Ben to toughen up and get over his fearfulness. But what other kids would consider a dream come true is a total nightmare for Ben. Even back home in his regular life, Ben is plagued with anxiety that the worst is sure to happen and he is compelled to do what he can to prepare. Eventually, the once shy and outdoor-loathing kid will discover that he’s far more brave than he ever imagined. "

Glen Powell as Dave: "A gregarious slacker and goofball he’s definitely got skills but he’s also got jokes, and he’s not afraid to use them. He’s not above playing a prank on the kids and he’s always hoping that someone recognizes his comedic genius. Despite this fun-loving personality, he is actually a skilled Paleontologist along with his partner Roxie."

Jameela Jamil as Roxie: "Roxie is skilled and keeps things running on schedule but, deep down and despite herself, she enjoys Dave’s sense of humor and is more than willing to join in on the prank when the time is right. She’s the voice of reason to Dave’s silly shtick but she’s no shtick...sorry, stick...in the mud. When the kids get separated from Dave and Roxie and are declared missing and presumably dead, our Camp Counselors will do whatever they can to get back to them."

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 11:56 am

Characters are your standard cookie-cut ones in most cartoons, which is expected basically so kids can relate I'm guessing. I am looking forward to giving it a chance come September either way and seeing how it is. I know I found myself enjoying LEGO Jurassic World: Legend of Isla Nublar and so I hope the same for this. The 9-year-old me has wanted an animated series for quite some time. I just wish Netflix's season orders were a bit bigger instead of 6 to 8 episodes.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 3:12 pm

My body is ready even though I have to wait another month.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 pm

New trailer out today.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 pm

I think we can assume none of the kids are going to get eaten, so not sure what exactly the stakes are here. Kind of wish they'd gone in the direction of the SW or Marvel TV/streaming series which are similar in tone to the films, but all well. I'll give it a go regardless.
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 pm

Getting more Indominus is always a treat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 1:05 am

Robotpo wrote:
I think we can assume none of the kids are going to get eaten, so not sure what exactly the stakes are here. Kind of wish they'd gone in the direction of the SW or Marvel TV/streaming series which are similar in tone to the films, but all well. I'll give it a go regardless.
My bet is on one of the 2 camp counselors getting killed.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Supposedly Spielberg insisted that the series had to "pull no punches" and have a tone similar to the films (apparently the kids watch people getting eaten):

https://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-spielberg-insisted-netflixs-jurassic-world-carto-1845011845

We'll see. The trailers made it look like "Sesame Street".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!   1 - CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMP CRETACEOUS ANIMATED SERIES CONFIRMED ON NETFLIX!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next