Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later

Go down 
+19
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Megatronus Rex
#TRexSpinorematch
JVM
Sickle_Claw
Pachyrhinosaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Spiegel
Bionic
Trexbreakout
Aegyptiacus3
Island Queen
Robotpo
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
TyrannosaurTJ
Rhedosaurus
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 3:56 am

It's funny that this thread was revived at this specific time since I actually got JWFK on 4k recently for a very cheap price and I decided to watch it again last night. One of the key issues with FK and JW is that it doesn't feel like JP at all; like Tyrant Lizard said above they feel like Marvel movies or at least what I'll call a "modern blockbuster". Everything from the bombastic action to the Marvel esque humor feels extremely out of place with what came before. Watch JW or FK and then watch JP or TLW and they feel alien to each other. The only part in FK that felt like it belonged in JP was Claire's line "Remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?" and then they look over to the mother Triceratops and its baby in the cage. This moment in particular stood out to me because it's the first time the dinosaurs felt like real animals since maybe the brief herbivores by the river scene in JP3. Every other scene in both JW and FK the dinosaurs either feel like props, are mindless monsters (like when the carnotaurus stops during the middle of the eruption to fight a sinoceratops) or feel way too anthro. I've softened my stance on the whole raptors being slightly obedient, but what I haven't softened on is when Owen can wield Blue like a Pokemon and use her to fight other dinosaurs. Baby Blue is cute and all but I'm not a fan of her being a sidekick.

The call backs are a more delicate matter; fans defintely love small intelligently placed nods to the past (for example I liked how Masie trying to pull the door of the dumbwaiter as the Indo closed in mirrored Lex trying to get into the cabinet to hide from the raptors in JP). However, you can't have call backs basically dominate your whole movie; do we really need to have the Rex save the day again, twice in one movie. When the call backs are all over the place it ceases to be nice little easter eggs and nods to the old fans and morphs into member berries the movie.

Overall though the movie isn't good; I disliked it when I saw it in theaters and I still dislike it now. The plot tries to do too much while jumping the shark one too many times, the dialogue still needs work, the characters are paper thin, and the dinosaurs lack the gravitas they once commanded. For myself I have pretty much compartmentalized the JW movies as their own thing/a soft remake so I'm going into JW3 as kind of a bystander who's more curious than invested.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 10:39 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
It's funny that this thread was revived at this specific time since I actually got JWFK on 4k recently for a very cheap price and I decided to watch it again last night. One of the key issues with FK and JW is that it doesn't feel like JP at all; like Tyrant Lizard said above they feel like Marvel movies or at least what I'll call a "modern blockbuster". Everything from the bombastic action to the Marvel esque humor feels extremely out of place with what came before. Watch JW or FK and then watch JP or TLW and they feel alien to each other. The only part in FK that felt like it belonged in JP was Claire's line "Remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?" and then they look over to the mother Triceratops and its baby in the cage. This moment in particular stood out to me because it's the first time the dinosaurs felt like real animals since maybe the brief herbivores by the river scene in JP3. Every other scene in both JW and FK the dinosaurs either feel like props, are mindless monsters (like when the carnotaurus stops during the middle of the eruption to fight a sinoceratops) or feel way too anthro. I've softened my stance on the whole raptors being slightly obedient, but what I haven't softened on is when Owen can wield Blue like a Pokemon and use her to fight other dinosaurs. Baby Blue is cute and all but I'm not a fan of her being a sidekick.

The call backs are a more delicate matter; fans defintely love small intelligently placed nods to the past (for example I liked how Masie trying to pull the door of the dumbwaiter as the Indo closed in mirrored Lex trying to get into the cabinet to hide from the raptors in JP). However, you can't have call backs basically dominate your whole movie; do we really need to have the Rex save the day again, twice in one movie. When the call backs are all over the place it ceases to be nice little easter eggs and nods to the old fans and morphs into member berries the movie.

Overall though the movie isn't good; I disliked it when I saw it in theaters and I still dislike it now. The plot tries to do too much while jumping the shark one too many times, the dialogue still needs work, the characters are paper thin, and the dinosaurs lack the gravitas they once commanded. For myself I have pretty much compartmentalized the JW movies as their own thing/a soft remake so I'm going into JW3 as kind of a bystander who's more curious than invested.

It's interesting that you bring up the "Remember the first time you saw a dinosaur" scene. I remember when the clip of that scene was released before the film came out and being floored by it. It's such a simple little scene, but it captured the essence of JP in a way that few scenes in the World series have so far. Then I saw it within the context of the film and it barely even registered with me. For whatever reason, and maybe this is just my experience, but it hit me on a much deeper level as a standalone scene without any context than it did within the film. I had a similar experience with the scene with the Indoraptor in Maisie's bedroom. As a standalone scene, it's phenomenal (imo). Dark, atmospheric, and tense as hell. However, the scene in question follows a big, effects laden chase sequence through Lockwood Manor that, imo, completely undermines the tension of the bedroom scene.

Basically, in addition to the script issues we've been over a thousand times, I really feel there were some pretty jarring structural issues as well. Scenes that should have worked didn't because of their placement in the film.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:

The call backs are a more delicate matter; fans definitely love small intelligently placed nods to the past (for example I liked how Masie trying to pull the door of the dumbwaiter as the Indo closed in mirrored Lex trying to get into the cabinet to hide from the raptors in JP). However, you can't have call backs basically dominate your whole movie; do we really need to have the Rex save the day again, twice in one movie. When the call backs are all over the place it ceases to be nice little easter eggs and nods to the old fans and morphs into member berries the movie.

This effectively sums up my criticisms of the JW movies. The dinosaurs are portrayed unrealistically. I place the blame for this with JP///. It's the first time in the movies that the animals went from being, "They're not monsters, they're just animals. They just do what they do." to becoming, "theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less." I may have come to terms with many of the things in JP///, but I will forever hate how it irrevocably changed the perception of dinosaurs in the franchise. Dinosaurs in the JP movies used to represent a chaotic neutral element. They were the wind, or the tornado in Twister; neither evil nor heroic. They simply existed within the course of the story being told. Now they're not animals, they're either super villains or superheroes.

But hey, I point this out and I get told, "Well nothing in Jurassic World is natural. They were never real dinosaurs and they don't have to be portrayed realistically." Or, "It's just a movie."

Also, I do think the nostalgia bait was more subtle in FK than it was in JW. In JW, the entire movie succumbed to "hey, remember THIS?!" It even grinded on Spielberg's gears at a point. FK was more visually nostalgic, but it at least didn't really use it as a crutch for the story, which itself was pretty derivative.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Yes the dinosaurs were treated more like actual animals in JP & TLW (more so in TLW).

That said I think the first JP did portray the Velociraptors as "villains" to a degree. The Raptors were presented more like animals in TLW and JP3.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

The call backs are a more delicate matter; fans definitely love small intelligently placed nods to the past (for example I liked how Masie trying to pull the door of the dumbwaiter as the Indo closed in mirrored Lex trying to get into the cabinet to hide from the raptors in JP). However, you can't have call backs basically dominate your whole movie; do we really need to have the Rex save the day again, twice in one movie. When the call backs are all over the place it ceases to be nice little easter eggs and nods to the old fans and morphs into member berries the movie.

This effectively sums up my criticisms of the JW movies. The dinosaurs are portrayed unrealistically. I place the blame for this with JP///. It's the first time in the movies that the animals went from being, "They're not monsters, they're just animals. They just do what they do." to becoming, "theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less." I may have come to terms with many of the things in JP///, but I will forever hate how it irrevocably changed the perception of dinosaurs in the franchise. Dinosaurs in the JP movies used to represent a chaotic neutral element. They were the wind, or the tornado in Twister; neither evil nor heroic. They simply existed within the course of the story being told. Now they're not animals, they're either super villains or superheroes.

But hey, I point this out and I get told, "Well nothing in Jurassic World is natural. They were never real dinosaurs and they don't have to be portrayed realistically." Or, "It's just a movie."

That is what drives me crazy about the "Oh it is just a movie, you are not supposed to be taking it seriously" argument...

I actually do not mind if people choose to ignore the mistakes and not take the films seriously. But the problem I do have is that the very same people that use that argument of "Oh just ignore the unrealistic" go in full alarm and panic mode whenever I mention the idea of a rematch and they usually use the "No! A rematch can not happen because it is unrealistic, forced and could damage the quality of the film!" argument.

So...Wich one is it? Are we taking this films seriously or not?

Whenever I mention how much I dislike JW and JWFK using the dinosaurs as zords from the Power Rangers I am usually told "Oh relax, it is only a movie. Movies are unreal. This is all relative and subjective". Then I mention having a rematch and their argument is always "No! That is unrealistic and takes away the seriousness of the film!".  

So ok...A T Rex fighting a Spinosaurus is "unrealistic" and makes the film not serious. But then those very same people who say that are willing to ignore and defend how Rexy always comes out of nowhere to save the humans... Like seriously, people need to stop using the "It is only a movie, movies are unrealistic" and then the very next day argue about what the movie needs to do right in order to be realistic and of high quality whenever someone brings up an idea they do not like.

If you are not going to take the films seriously, fine my respect to you. But be consistent. Do not just use that argument when someone points out a flaw of something you do like and then ignore that argument it whenever someone brings up an idea you dislike.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

It's interesting that you bring up the "Remember the first time you saw a dinosaur" scene. I remember when the clip of that scene was released before the film came out and being floored by it. It's such a simple little scene, but it captured the essence of JP in a way that few scenes in the World series have so far. Then I saw it within the context of the film and it barely even registered with me. For whatever reason, and maybe this is just my experience, but it hit me on a much deeper level as a standalone scene without any context than it did within the film. I had a similar experience with the scene with the Indoraptor in Maisie's bedroom. As a standalone scene, it's phenomenal (imo). Dark, atmospheric, and tense as hell. However, the scene in question follows a big, effects laden chase sequence through Lockwood Manor that, imo, completely undermines the tension of the bedroom scene.

Basically, in addition to the script issues we've been over a thousand times, I really feel there were some pretty jarring structural issues as well. Scenes that should have worked didn't because of their placement in the film.

I had that reaction to every scene you just mentioned. Even in the stellar opening I have to be completely honest, I didn’t care for the Mosa jumping out and killing the guy. Personally I just found it to be a bit much. Or maybe I’d have liked that part of the scene little more if it wasn’t spoiled so badly haha.

FK is peppered with fantastic moments and fantastic special effects. But something in the connective tissue simply doesn’t do it for me. These little gold nuggets and gems get lost in the film. I’m a firm believer that less is more would have worked wonders for FK.

I’m really envious of the people who loved FK. I’d definitely like to be on that side.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 2:05 am

A big reason why I love FK is because it's like a combination of disaster and horror/suspense films.

It's not at all perfect but it was the film that I wanted.

Embryo
Embryo
Muldoons_Hat

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 10:40 pm

My thoughts on FK haven’t really changed. I wanted to like it, I really did... but I just can’t. The new characters are the most insufferable of the franchise, the Indoraptor is a cartoon villain, they destroyed Nublar, they destroyed Sorna offscreen, and they completely took it the franchise in a direction that doesn’t feel like Jurassic Park. Essentially, FK jumped the shark. It even failed to deliver on one of the things that was pushed the most in the trailers: the return of Ian Malcolm. Such a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 1:23 pm

To be totally honest, I've only watched FK once since I initially saw it in theaters. Just haven't had the urge, which is a far cry from how I felt with JW.

I'll still defend some of the ideas presented in the film. Dinosaurs reaching the mainland was always going to be the endgame of the franchise. It's an idea that's been teased ever since the first novel was released. Biosyn, The Lysine Contingency, Ludlow's second park, the buck in San Diego, the Pteranodons in JP3. Dinosaurs making it off the islands and potentially going open source was always going to be where the franchise was headed, so I have absolutely no problem with the franchise going in that direction. Quite honestly, it should have happened a lot sooner.

My problems with the film lie almost entirely in the execution. The characters are cartoonish characters (especially the villains), the film is tonally all over the place, the pacing is terrible, the dinosaur designs were largely subpar, and the emphasis has been taken off portraying the dinosaurs in a naturalistic light and playing them up as cool, anthropomorphized movie monsters instead. I know that last criticism isn't something unique to FK (one could argue that the anthropomorphizing of the dinosaurs started back in JP3), but it was turned up to 11 in FK.

In short, it was a movie with some interesting ideas bogged down by terrible execution.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
To be totally honest, I've only watched FK once since I initially saw it in theaters. Just haven't had the urge, which is a far cry from how I felt with JW.

I'll still defend some of the ideas presented in the film. Dinosaurs reaching the mainland was always going to be the endgame of the franchise. It's an idea that's been teased ever since the first novel was released. Biosyn, The Lysine Contingency, Ludlow's second park, the buck in San Diego, the Pteranodons in JP3. Dinosaurs making it off the islands and potentially going open source was always going to be where the franchise was headed, so I have absolutely no problem with the franchise going in that direction. Quite honestly, it should have happened a lot sooner.

My problems with the film lie almost entirely in the execution. The characters are cartoonish characters (especially the villains), the film is tonally all over the place, the pacing is terrible, the dinosaur designs were largely subpar, and the emphasis has been taken off portraying the dinosaurs in a naturalistic light and playing them up as cool, anthropomorphized movie monsters instead. I know that last criticism isn't something unique to FK (one could argue that the anthropomorphizing of the dinosaurs started back in JP3), but it was turned up to 11 in FK.

In short, it was a movie with some interesting ideas bogged down by terrible execution.

I still think the only way how this movie could have worked is if we got a bridge movie that took place between JP3 and JW and this was the final movie with the 'T. rex/Sorna' ending the was proposed. Yeah, it would have been a semi-repeat of how TLW ended, but at least it would have ended the franchise on a happy note that would have felt earned. I'm also of the mindset that JW:FK felt like a bridge movie that was made for the sake of setting up dinosaurs on the mainland, and that the people who made the movie forgot, or just didn't about making JW:FK good. Case in point: The half-hearted way they kept the Sorna movies as canon via it being mentioned just the one time by Lockwood (who was a bad John Hammond knock-off who was REALLY ham-fisted into canon), but with the movie failing to explain why the dinosaurs weren't moved to Sorna or the other islands, let alone explain the fate of Sorna's dinosaur population.

It's interesting how you said how many of the dinosaur became anthomorphed and how JP3 started it. I don't disagree with that, but I do think that in JP3 and JW:FK that the raptors COULD have gotten away with it to a degree (JW got away with it for the most part) if the movies had actually been good, or at least fun and had an identity.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 am

More than two years later, I still personally love Fallen Kingdom. It's my second favorite movie in the franchise, even though it makes me feel like I'm in the minority a lot of the time. I was off this site for over a year and came back when I heard the news about Dodgson in Dominion. I started reading through the recent topics, catching up on what I had missed... and I honestly start to feel unwelcome. I had the same experience with the Star Wars fandom, since I love The Last Jedi. There's nothing wrong with disliking Fallen Kingdom, of course. Or The Last Jedi. But it does suck being overwhelmed by negativity toward a movie that means a great deal to you.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 1:58 pm

The Malone Society wrote:
I started reading through the recent topics, catching up on what I had missed... and I honestly start to feel unwelcome. I had the same experience with the Star Wars fandom, since I love The Last Jedi. There's nothing wrong with disliking Fallen Kingdom, of course. Or The Last Jedi. But it does suck being overwhelmed by negativity toward a movie that means a great deal to you.

To be fair, I have not seen any Jurassic Park fan saying that if you like Fallen Kingdom you are unwelcomed in the fanbase.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
AdamUpBxtch
Embryo
Embryo
AdamUpBxtch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 am

While FK is not the worst film I've ever seen. It is the weakest film in the franchise for me (yes even more than JP3 and the Raptor "ALAN" which I honestly just get a good chuckle out of everytime I decide to rewatch the movies). JP3 is a basic cheesy creature feature set in the JP universe and I could care less if it is officially canon as it really is inconsequential in the franchise as a whole. JP3 is forgettable where as FK is a complete mess all around and is the official canon setting up Dominion. Which is deeply concerning to me.

Pros of FK:
Ian Malcolm
the Brachiosaurus call back to JP1 scene which actually got to me.
Setting up JW Dominion, where I always thought this franchise would/should go with Dinosaurs spreading across the globe.

and that's about it for me. To me if you liked FK, it doesn't matter to me honestly I'm happy somebody enjoyed it because it means we'll continue to keep this franchise alive.

I've also seen discussion on the similarities between FK and TLW and yes they do share a similar story structure. The difference is where TLW did things right FK did not. It was a poor copy.

TLW actually has memorable characters and scenes. I will say my one gripe with TLW is how the Rex gets free and terrorizes San Diego. (Them cutting the scene of Raptors boarding the ship and killing the crew mid voyage was a mistake it would of cleared this up instantly).

Eli Mills is an evil and murderous poor carbon copy of Peter Ludlow. Peter Ludlow was the antagonist but he wasn't "Evil" as he was simply trying to save InGen from ruin after what happened with the Park. He also wants to prove to Malcolm that he could bring Hammond's dream to fruition and really does not hold a hatred for Malcolm or the other characters. Hell he even shows empathy for Malcolm and his team losing Eddie. He wasn't "mustache twirly". Which is why the character worked. He felt like a real person. The fact that the only relationship in the new films that actually seems genuine and consistent is between a human (Owen) and a raptor (Blue) is a real problem imo. Owen and Claire's relationship in JW worked then they threw it out in FK just like they did for Grant and Ellie in JP3

"Now you're John Hammond" -Ian Malcolm

Such a powerful line.....

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 8:08 pm

AdamUpBxtch wrote:
While FK is not the worst film I've ever seen. It is the weakest film in the franchise for me (yes even more than JP3 and the Raptor "ALAN" which I honestly just get a good chuckle out of everytime I decide to rewatch the movies). JP3 is a basic cheesy creature feature set in the JP universe and I could care less if it is officially canon as it really is inconsequential in the franchise as a whole. JP3 is forgettable where as FK is a complete mess all around and is the official canon setting up Dominion. Which is deeply concerning to me.

Pros of FK:
Ian Malcolm
the Brachiosaurus call back to JP1 scene which actually got to me.
Setting up JW Dominion, where I always thought this franchise would/should go with Dinosaurs spreading across the globe.

and that's about it for me. To me if you liked FK, it doesn't matter to me honestly I'm happy somebody enjoyed it because it means we'll continue to keep this franchise alive.

I've also seen discussion on the similarities between FK and TLW and yes they do share a similar story structure. The difference is where TLW did things right FK did not. It was a poor copy.

TLW actually has memorable characters and scenes. I will say my one gripe with TLW is how the Rex gets free and terrorizes San Diego. (Them cutting the scene of Raptors boarding the ship and killing the crew mid voyage was a mistake it would of cleared this up instantly).

Eli Mills is an evil and murderous poor carbon copy of Peter Ludlow. Peter Ludlow was the antagonist but he wasn't "Evil" as he was simply trying to save InGen from ruin after what happened with the Park. He also wants to prove to Malcolm that he could bring Hammond's dream to fruition and really does not hold a hatred for Malcolm or the other characters. Hell he even shows empathy for Malcolm and his team losing Eddie. He wasn't "mustache twirly". Which is why the character worked. He felt like a real person. The fact that the only relationship in the new films that actually seems genuine and consistent is between a human (Owen) and a raptor (Blue) is a real problem imo. Owen and Claire's relationship in JW worked then they threw it out in FK just like they did for Grant and Ellie in JP3

"Now you're John Hammond" -Ian Malcolm

Such a powerful line.....

^This. As bad as JP3 was, and still is, at least the fact that it was made so soullessly makes it easier to ignore. That and the one thing that it did add to the franchise, the Spinosaurus, was done so in such a heavy handed fashion-And it's more then the fight scene. It came across like a bad Godzilla knockoff.-that you might as well ignore it.

With JW:FK, it not only was a crappy movie, but it was one that set up the next movie. And movies that are set up by bad ones more often then not are NOT good at all. And even if they are decent, they pay the price for the last movies flaws. That unforgivable sin is a critical reason why I hate JW:FK.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 10:51 am

I still love JW:FK. It's not in any way the best or second best in the franchise but I still have a great experience watching it. I don't consider it a bad movie though it does have obvious flaws

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Your thoughts one year later
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3