Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World    The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 am

As for my thoughts on how The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, and Sorna have been treated by Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom... it's fine. I would have personally loved more references to those films and Site, but I still like what we got from the viral marketing.

From how I see it, the Jurassic World series is a soft reboot. Jurassic Park III came out fourteen years before it. So while not retconning the other sequels from continuity, Jurassic World was going to be seen by a new generation of fans. Many of which have not seen the other sequels. So I can understand the decision to not reference the sequels and Sorna as much as they could have, since they were appealing to a new audience as well as an old one.

I'm not too upset with the lack of references to the sequels and the Isla Sorna. While I would have liked them, they don't impact my enjoyment of the Jurassic World movies that much in the grand scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World    The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:59 pm

@The Malone Society wrote:

From how I see it, the Jurassic World series is a soft reboot. Jurassic Park III came out fourteen years before it. So while not retconning the other sequels from continuity, Jurassic World was going to be seen by a new generation of fans. Many of which have not seen the other sequels. So I can understand the decision to not reference the sequels and Sorna as much as they could have, since they were appealing to a new audience as well as an old one.

It was understandable to not reference TLW, JP3 and Sorna in Jurassic World since it was the first major thing Jurassic in 14 years and during that time many youtubers and news articles kept saying both sequels were equally hated (Wich only one truly is) so it is logical that they wanted to play it very safe but once Jurassic World made a ton of money (even it was heavily criticized by many in both the casual public and hardocre fans) there were no reasons to play it that safe again with Fallen Kingdom.

If anything one of the main criticisms of Jurassic World was the fact that it glossed over TLW and JP3 like nothing. After JW many many people in both the general public and hardcore fans were like "Wait...what happened to the other island?" while others were like "Why just have Rexy smash the Spino skeleton instead of a direct fight with the real thing?" and so on... Doing so yet again with Fallen Kingdom not only highlighted one of the main criticisms of JW but it also highlighted the fact that ignoring TLW, JP3 and Sorna can be an unpopular move with both the hardcore fanbase and the general public. Hopefully Dominion will change that but I am not optimistic since they have every character back...Except those from TLW and JP3....

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Jurassic89
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic89

PostSubject: Re: The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World    The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm

After having Sorna in TLW and JPIII, I felt it was overdue to focus on Nublar. Coming back to Sorna now after a two film hiatus feels earned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World    The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 and Sorna's treatment by Jurassic World
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4