Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Empty
PostSubject: Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels   Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels   Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 1:41 pm

I can't stress how much they shouldn't have thrown out the script for JP3 just before filming. I recall Johnston saying that they had the first 25 pages when they starting shooting, and made the rest up as they went along, and IMO the film pretty much plays like that. The Costa Rican mainland sub-plot also would have added something new to the series, after TLW took the story off the islands.

Here's the original casting list from June 2000...

Quote :
Casting agents who have received the breakdowns say this is the lineup of what's needed:

A 12-year-old boy to play Miles, the lead character.
       A 40-ish actor to play Miles' father, Paul, a white-collar, sophisticated, Ivy League type.
       A thirtysomething actress to play Paul's business associate and possible love interest.
       A 25-ish actor to play a graduate student or paleontologist.
       An Andre Braugher type to play a 40-ish military attaché.
       A thirtysomething actress to play Simone, a naturalist.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels   Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 1:03 am

Robotpo wrote:
I can't stress how much they shouldn't have thrown out the script for JP3 just before filming. I recall Johnston saying that they had the first 25 pages when they starting shooting, and made the rest up as they went along, and IMO the film pretty much plays like that. The Costa Rican mainland sub-plot also would have added something new to the series, after TLW took the story off the islands.

Here's the original casting list from June 2000...

Quote :
Casting agents who have received the breakdowns say this is the lineup of what's needed:

A 12-year-old boy to play Miles, the lead character.
       A 40-ish actor to play Miles' father, Paul, a white-collar, sophisticated, Ivy League type.
       A thirtysomething actress to play Paul's business associate and possible love interest.
       A 25-ish actor to play a graduate student or paleontologist.
       An Andre Braugher type to play a 40-ish military attaché.
       A thirtysomething actress to play Simone, a naturalist.

The costa rican sub-plot definitely would've forced 4 and 5 to be on mainland I believe as well. We'd have gotten a very different JW/FK...but yeah that one seems more interesting to me.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels   Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 2:41 am

I like the original idea for JP4 with Grant, Malcolm, and John having to investigate Pteranodons in the city.

But the whole human hybrids script...

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels   Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cancelled - Jurassic Park Sequels
Page 1 of 1