Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 12:05 am

So, found this on YouTube...it's a 1997 TV Special from E! promoting the release of the film. It's not really a making-of thing and has the usual marketing schlock from the actors about how making it was so amazing ETC, but has some fun material on the new merchandise and JP: The Ride. Thought it was kind-of cool...
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 5:21 pm

@Robotpo wrote:

So, found this on YouTube...it's a 1997 TV Special from E! promoting the release of the film. It's not really a making-of thing and has the usual marketing schlock from the actors about how making it was so amazing ETC, but has some fun material on the new merchandise and JP: The Ride. Thought it was kind-of cool...

I keep telling people that The Lost World was THE movie of 1997 and yet from 2006 to 2015 internet articles and youtubers kept spreading the myth that it was this obscure sequel that nobody cared about.

It was THE film of 1997. One could argue Titanic but Titanic was released on mid to late December of 1997 so it is more of a 1998 phenomenon. Or at least I consider it more that way.

But back to The Lost World. Yeah it was a huge phenomenon. Almost every store had something The Lost World related and Toys R Us had entire walls dedicated to it (similar to what happened with the Power Rangers phenomenon of 1993 to 1995 and the Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace phenomenon from or should I say of 1999).

In fact I always thought The Lost World was almost as well thought of as the original Jurassic Park. (Keep in mind in 1997 I was only 7 years old). It was not untill around 2005 and 2006 when Youtube started that I started noticing that there were mixed opinions on it.

But for the last 24 years I have always defended it on every opportunity I could.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)
Page 1 of 1