Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 12:05 am

So, found this on YouTube...it's a 1997 TV Special from E! promoting the release of the film. It's not really a making-of thing and has the usual marketing schlock from the actors about how making it was so amazing ETC, but has some fun material on the new merchandise and JP: The Ride. Thought it was kind-of cool...

FayhdrianColonist likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Robotpo wrote:

So, found this on YouTube...it's a 1997 TV Special from E! promoting the release of the film. It's not really a making-of thing and has the usual marketing schlock from the actors about how making it was so amazing ETC, but has some fun material on the new merchandise and JP: The Ride. Thought it was kind-of cool...

I keep telling people that The Lost World was THE movie of 1997 and yet from 2006 to 2015 internet articles and youtubers kept spreading the myth that it was this obscure sequel that nobody cared about.

It was THE film of 1997. One could argue Titanic but Titanic was released on mid to late December of 1997 so it is more of a 1998 phenomenon. Or at least I consider it more that way.

But back to The Lost World. Yeah it was a huge phenomenon. Almost every store had something The Lost World related and Toys R Us had entire walls dedicated to it (similar to what happened with the Power Rangers phenomenon of 1993 to 1995 and the Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace phenomenon from or should I say of 1999).

In fact I always thought The Lost World was almost as well thought of as the original Jurassic Park. (Keep in mind in 1997 I was only 7 years old). It was not untill around 2005 and 2006 when Youtube started that I started noticing that there were mixed opinions on it.

But for the last 24 years I have always defended it on every opportunity I could.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

FayhdrianColonist likes this post

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 9:40 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I keep telling people that The Lost World was THE movie of 1997 and yet from 2006 to 2015 internet articles and youtubers kept spreading the myth that it was this obscure sequel that nobody cared about.

It was THE film of 1997. One could argue Titanic but Titanic was released on mid to late December of 1997 so it is more of a 1998 phenomenon. Or at least I consider it more that way.

But back to The Lost World. Yeah it was a huge phenomenon. Almost every store had something The Lost World related and Toys R Us had entire walls dedicated to it (similar to what happened with the Power Rangers phenomenon of 1993 to 1995 and the Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace phenomenon from or should I say of 1999).

In fact I always thought The Lost World was almost as well thought of as the original Jurassic Park. (Keep in mind in 1997 I was only 7 years old). It was not untill around 2005 and 2006 when Youtube started that I started noticing that there were mixed opinions on it.

But for the last 24 years I have always defended it on every opportunity I could.

Finally, someone else remembers! The numbers don't lie either. Until Titanic sunk The Lost World's title, it was briefly the highest grossing movie ever. The Lost World was indeed EVERYWHERE. Everybody talked about it at school, the airways were filled with it, and the hype was real. It is curious that it did ultimately seem forgotten about as the decades have gone on, unlike its predecessor. There are a number of theories I could give for that, but none you haven't heard before.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Finally, someone else remembers! The numbers don't  lie either. Until Titanic sunk The Lost World's title, it was briefly the highest grossing movie ever. The Lost World was indeed EVERYWHERE. Everybody talked about it at school, the airways were filled with it, and the hype was real. It is curious that it did ultimately seem forgotten about as the decades have gone on, unlike its predecessor. There are a number of theories I could give for that, but none you haven't heard before.

Yeah in fact I was kinda surprised to see a few fans here who really believe only a vocal minority of the hardcore fanbase cares for The Lost World and that the general public is unaware of it. Like I have to remind them that Jurassic is a top 10 film franchise in history, it has one of the biggest fandoms in history, while not as big as Star Wars or Marvel, it is still a top 10 fandom history in terms of size. But still I see 1 or 2 posters here who are convinced the Jurassic fandom is some sort of "vocal minority" as if it were some sort of small online cult. Like...Yeah no, it has millions and millions and millions of fans around the globe.

Same goes for the general public, the Lost World was THE pop culture event to see in 1997. In fact when I think of 1997 the first 2 things that come to mind are Michael Jordan and his iconic flu game in order to keep the Bulls dynasty going for one more year and how the general public was still stunned at how well Jurassic Park had been able make realistic dinosaurs and were really interested in what they could do in a second go round.

So this idea that the general public does not care or remember The Lost World is simply straight up false. That myth started when Nostalgia Critic (one of the oldest most famous Youtubers) did a critical revew of The Lost World back in 2006 and then others thought everyone felt that way and started repeating that people were not that fond of of TLW and from then on it for a little while became one of those films that it was "uncool" to like if you wanted to win points with people who think they have "good" taste in films.

But ever since Jurassic World was hated for many reasons The Lost World reputation went back up. I read comments sections on TLW videos on Youtube and Jurassic related groups on Facebook and so on and let me tell you...Fans L O V E Buck, Doe and Junior. Wich is why I am furious that in 3 films we never got to see them again. I could somewhat understand them wanting to play it safe with Jurassic World after the huge backlash that Juassic Park 3 had but seriously? 3 other sequel films and we never got to see Buck, Doe or Junior? That is one of the (among many) reasons why I am so furious at this Jurassic World trilogy. That Colin Trevorrow and Dereck Connolly mentality of "Hey people only care about the original Jurassic Park so the only T Rex people care about is Rexy. Like NO, the entire species is iconic and people are fond of ALL T Rexes in the franchise. TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) 1f621

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)   TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TLW Rare TV Special (E! Entertainment)
Page 1 of 1