Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
BobGrill
Embryo
Embryo
BobGrill

9 - General Movie Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Discuss your favorite films right here! Is there something coming out soon that you're excited to see? Talk about it here as well Very Happy

Jaws-10/10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:00 pm

NBCUniversal Wants More Shrek Sequels

Quote :

Deadline reports that Comcast/NBCUniversal, which purchased DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion, is looking to revive the Shrek franchise with more sequels. It’s the studio’s biggest franchise and has been dormant ever since 2010’s Shrek Forever After, which earned $752.6 million worldwide. It brought in less domestically ($239 million) than the first three films but performed better overseas. It was followed in 2011 by Puss in Boots, a spinoff that also did better internationally.

NBCUniversal chief executive Steve Burke said that Illumination Entertainment’s Chris Meledandri will be in charge of the new films.

He added: “He is creatively going to try to help us figure out how to resurrect Shrek and take a lot of the existing DreamWorks franchises and add value as we create new franchises.”

This comes after the recent opening of a theme park attraction called Shrek’s Adventure London by Dreamworks Animation and Merlin Entertainments. The plan is to push the company’s annual earnings into the double digit billions. Merchandising will also be a huge part of the future of Dreamworks.

In 2014, Jeffrey Katzenberg hinted that Shrek could return. He said at the time: “We like to let them have a little bit of time to rest, but I think you can be confident that we’ll have another chapter in the Shrek series. We’re not finished, and more importantly, neither is he.“

Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 pm

What's your favorite film of the year so far?

If someone says BvS...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Dead- They better check themselves before they shrek themselves.

Spidey- Uh I guess Civil War? Most of the movies I would like to see have yet to come out so I've only seen a few. I'd say civil then.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Warcraft- 2/10

my review is here

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Darth Spidey wrote:
What's your favorite film of the year so far?  

If someone says BvS...

Batman vs Superman.... :troll:

Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:41 pm

Stone him! He must not be allowed to live.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:02 am

1. Civil War
2. BvS
3. Zootopia

My top 3 of this year so far, doubt it'll stay like this by the time of Oscar season
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:45 am

Mine were: 

3. "Hail, Caesar!"
2. "Zootopia" 
1. "Deadpool"

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:59 am

I've only seen 3 movies released this year. Here is my order for them:

1. 10 Cloverfield Lane
2. Zootopia

3. The Do-Over
Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Mein:

1. Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. 10 Cloverfield Lane

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Back in JPL, I asked why Sony's main Japanese corporation can't just take over the American movie arm and Mulder said their are legal issues and red tape. Can somebody go into further explanation about why it's so hard? I mean, it doesn't seem that hard for a corporation to save their own branch.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd have to look into it Rhedo as im not familiar with it either, but I'd imagine it'd at least partially have something to do with the international nature of it.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:50 pm

They can, they just don't really want to. Cultural barriers and the fact Sony has a policy of leaving their American subsidiaries alone. Japan isn't really as hands on with their stuff as Europe or North America.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:03 pm

I've only seen four 2016 films at this point and the order goes:
-The Witch
-Zootopia
-Deadpool
-Warcraft

I typically catch up on all of them the following year. So I'll end up watching all the 2016 movies in 2017. Razz

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Scott B wrote:
They can, they just don't really want to. Cultural barriers and the fact Sony has a policy of leaving their American subsidiaries alone. Japan isn't really as hands on with their stuff as Europe or North America.

But wouldn't one think that their American movie corporation is in such dire straits, that Sony would seriously consider making this case an exception? I remember seeing something on Midnight's Edge that Sony had a 70% chance of going under but thanks to the PS4 and other games under Sony's control, even indirect control, that it's dropped down to either 20% or 24%.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Sony has their own Japanese branch of Sony Pictures that they use. And their film subsidiary in America is not nearly their most profitable sector. As you said, their gaming one is way bigger and their music and electronics branches are also more significant. Sure they might not want to lose that money but it seems they view that specific company as fairly insignificant. Sony has barely been profitable with it for ages. Lately apart from Bond they were only really successful during Raimi Spider-man era.

Japan by and large does not view Sony Pictures as something to fret over. That includes the parent company. If Sony Computer Entertainment starts to go under then sound the alarm, they will be scrambling to fix that.
Back to top Go down
TorQue
Embryo
Embryo
TorQue

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:18 pm

From what I've heard, the Warcraft movie is a good movie that's faithful to the game, but it's more of a niche movie for the diehard fans and that's why it's bombed everywhere except China and Russia.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

‘Dredd’ Sequel Chatter Gets a Depressing Response From Karl Urban and Adi Shankar

New Guidelines On Star Trek Fan Films

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:48 am

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:53 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
From what I've heard, the Warcraft movie is a good movie that's faithful to the game, but it's more of a niche movie for the diehard fans and that's why it's bombed everywhere except China and Russia.
That and bad word of mouth, because I honestly thought it was bad and lots of people seem to agree.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:56 am

evolution_rex wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
That and bad word of mouth, because I honestly thought it was bad and lots of people seem to agree.

It did well in China because games like WoW and all that jazz are pretty popular in that part of the world.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
evolution_rex wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It did well in China because games like WoW and all that jazz are pretty popular in that part of the world.
I was referring to why it wasn't successful in the states. Different countries have different taste in film, it's why Transformers keeps making a ton a the box office even though it's making less and less in the states.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:19 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
evolution_rex wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I was referring to why it wasn't successful in the states. Different countries have different taste in film, it's why Transformers keeps making a ton a the box office even though it's making less and less in the states.

I know. I was just saying why it was huge over in Asia, it's like making a movie based on League of Legends and have it make a boatload of money overseas because it's HUGE in the Asian market.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 am

This looks pretty cool, I want to see this film (starring Bryce Dallas Howard)

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 11:06 am

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 am

Am I the only one interested in seeing 'Swiss Army Man" ?
:p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   9 - General Movie Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next