Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What's Your Favorite JP Film?

Go down 
+26
Robotpo
BoulderFaceplant
Rhedosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Megaspino2
K_Ozz92
HennexForest
Island Queen
LostWorld
BarrytheOnyx
V.a.nublarensis
Aegyptiacus3
TheRexMan22
KingGrimlock
Megatronus Rex
Levine
Spinosaur4.4
Crashfan1ooo
Darth Spidey
Tyrant Lizard
dance2nite
Dead2009
Troyal1
CT-1138
Pokesaurus
Dr. Wu
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Jurassic Park
What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 76% [ 52 ]
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 15 ]
Jurassic Park 3
What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Jurassic World
What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 68

Back

AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Since people seem to be sharing revised ratings of the JP series, I thought I would pitch in with an update on how I would rank the series:

Jurassic Park - 10/10

The Lost World - 8/10

Jurassic World - 7.5/10

Jurassic Park 3 - 4/10

Admittedly, not the most the most radical of updates. TLW gets promoted to second place, thanks to finding new things to respect and enjoy in it on recent viewing, and JW assumes the dubious honour of "third best/second worst" in the franchise. I watched the film recently, and while I did still like it quite a bit my attention wasn't as thoroughly held as it was before. It did decline somewhat in my mind. If anything, JW had the same "bigger, badder, more teeth" premise just executed with more build-up and less hamfisted awkwardness (IMO). Had the Spinosaurus been explained, depicted and dealt with as the I. rex was we would have less problems with JP3 on the whole. And at least it had it's themes of escalation, hubris and descent into chaos firmly on display, and the new predator played into that. What also keeps it from dropping to a 6 or a 5 is the fact that I don't find Grey annoying because I see a lot of my young self in him and have had reason to connect with his struggles in recent months. Can't say the same about Zach, though. But it would take a lot for me to prefer JP3 over Jurassic World on any day.

For me, this isn't quite a Superman Returns scenario in which the film not only disappointed on initial impression but got worse over each successive viewing. Not to veer a topic off course, but that was a film that clearly wanted to be Richard Donner's Superman but didn't understand that film one bit beyond nostalgic call-backs. After it was clear that the new Superman with Brandon Routh wasn't going anywhere, it only added to the feeling that Bryan Singer and Warner Bros had screwed up launching Superman for a new generation (to be clear, I'd rather not bring the DCEU into this because that's for another discussion entirely, and Superman Returns was meant as a sequel to the first two Christopher Reeve films).

To conclude, is Jurassic World the film we all waited 14 years to see? Perhaps not so, at least not for everyone. But is it a better version than the films we could have gotten in that time period? I will stand firmly by that, we almost had Homocraptors and John Sayles after all. What will be interesting is if the upcoming Jurassic sequel either somehow affect its predecessor retroactively for better or worse while also being a more well-rounded and superior movie.

What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:28 am

I Love JP and TLW almost the same but I gave my vote to TLW since it gets so much hatred on the internet...

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:30 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I Love JP and TLW almost the same but I gave my vote to TLW since it gets so much hatred on the internet...

I've actually seen it get far more love as time as gone by.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:38 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So glad to hear that since the internet acts like it was this disaster of a movie that no one really ever cared for.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:43 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So glad to hear that since the internet acts like it was this disaster of a movie that no one really ever cared for.

I think that's more of the influence of the Nostalgia Critic and the Channel Awesome fan groups that really blow the whole thing out of proportion. They tend to be a very aggravating group if you happen to be someone who likes any of the JP sequels. Everyone loves the first movie, naturally not everyone loves (or even likes) the sequels or really get invested in the franchise as a whole as we do. Even though the film's 20th anniversary just came by, nobody was celebrating it or dedicating articles to it the same way that many JP fans naturally did. But it's still a start; I believe that over time there will be a gradual revision of opinions on TLW.

What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:07 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I think that's more of the influence of the Nostalgia Critic and the Channel Awesome fan groups that really blow the whole thing out of proportion. They tend to be a very aggravating group if you happen to be someone who likes any of the JP sequels. Everyone loves the first movie, naturally not everyone loves (or even likes) the sequels or really get invested in the franchise as a whole as we do. Even though the film's 20th anniversary just came by, nobody was celebrating it or dedicating articles to it the same way that many JP fans naturally did. But it's still a start; I believe that over time there will be a gradual revision of opinions on TLW.

And I have no problem if someone honestly feels it was a bad film but what I do hate is the entire internet accepting it as fact that nobody cares for this movie when both hardcore and casual fans at the very least like it

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Jurassic Park stands a head above the rest. Of them all, it’s the only one I’d put on a “100 movies to see before you die” list. It’s also the only one with thoroughly good dialogue, although there are a couple jokes that land like a wet fart. A truly excellent film.

Jurassic World is like JP’s dumber, louder cousin. The dialogue is barely passable, it has tonal ADD, and it doesn’t live up to the accuracy precedent set by JP and TLW (i was triggered when the ankylosaurus hit the Indominus in the jaw and nothing happened). But it’s entertaining and generally pretty effective. A good movie that I feel is underrated.

The Lost World is that movie I want to like, but just can’t get into. The script wants us to root for a bunch of idiots, including a supposed wildlife expert who leaves a bloody shirt and a bunch of snacks all over the tent. The dialogue is actually a quite a bit worse than JW, but not generally bad. The third act chickens out, and instead of ending with a moody, creepy set piece in the village, we get San Diego and the nonsensical boat. Still, it has the strongest aesthetic of the series. A mediocre film.

JP3 is the trashy one, the only movie that doesn’t feel like it was made with dignity. With its silver, saggy redesigns and completely different jungle, it doesn’t really feel like a JP movie at times. This is the only one where the dinosaurs act nonsensically throughout (though JW showed a flash of this when the pterosaurs attacked everyone for no reason), but on the plus side, I found the characters less outrageously annoying than the likes of Nick Owen and Sarah Harding (Novel Harding is a complete badass, though). After all, the Kirbys are actually supposed to be idiots, and the script seems aware of that. Being shorter, faster-paced, and yes, a bit dumber than TLW, JP3 is less artfully crafted, but a movie I would rather sit through than TLW.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:27 pm

My current list. Might change.
1 - Jurassic Park
2 - Fallen Kingdom
3 - Lost World and Jurassic World
4 - JP3

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm

I actually love Jurassic Park and The Lost World equally - they're very different films, so I can't pick one...it's apples and oranges.

Next is Fallen Kingdom, which I liked quite a bit, and thought was the best of the non-Spielberg directed films.

Then Jurassic World, which I thought was okay.

Last is Jurassic Park III, which I don't like at all, save for a few things (namely Grant & Ellie, the aviary sequence, and nostalgic value).
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 pm

My updated rankings :

1. Jurassic Park - 9/10
2. The Lost World - 8/10
3. Fallen Kingdom - 7.5/10
4. Jurassic World - 7/10
5. Jurassic Park 3 - 5/10

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:03 am

1. Jurassic Park - 9,5/10

2. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 9/10

3. Jurassic World - 8/10

4. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7.5/10

5. Jurassic Park 3 - 6/10 (I would give a 5/10 on the film quality itself, but it's a 7/10 on a personal attachment level)

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Now that I've seen Fallen Kingdom, here are my rankings (bear in mind, I've only seen Fallen Kingdom once so far, so this may change. Planning a second viewing on Sunday afternoon):

Jurassic Park - 9/10

Jurassic World - 8.5/10 (this rating hasn't changed, since it's the original one I gave it after seeing it for the first time in theaters)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 7.5-8/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7/10

Jurassic Park 3 - 5/10 (still the worst in my mind, since I don't care if I ever see this one again. I don't even like playing it in Lego Jurassic World, I wish I could skip it)

Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:31 am

1. Jurassic Park-9/10
2. Fallen Kingdom- 8/10
3. The Lost World/Jurassic World- 7.5/10
4. Jurassic Park 3- 6/10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 4:51 am

I am so glad this thread confirms what I have been saying all along. The Lost World is still (and has always been considered the best sequel in the franchise, it never was and has never been considered a "hated" movie and yet internet articles and youtubers keep saying that it was this huge letdown like JP3...

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I am so glad this thread confirms what I have been saying all along. The Lost World is still (and has always been considered the best sequel in the franchise, it never was and has never been considered a "hated" movie and yet internet articles and youtubers keep saying that it was this huge letdown like JP3...

I could have told you that tongue

What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 2:59 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I could have told you that tongue

Like for real, someone needs to go on YouTube and make videos explaining that The Lost World has never been a "hated" movie like The Last Jedi for example. That is what a hated movie looks like. More than half of the Star Wars fanbase want nothing to do with Star Wars anymore and it did way too many things that are just can not be fixed. There was never such a reaction towards The Lost World.

In fact, in the aftermath to Jurassic Park 3 (late 2001 to early 2002) the general consensus of both the hardcore fanbase and the general public was that JP3 was quite a few levels below both Jurassic Park and The Lost World. wich implies that TLW was still seen in a positive light. Yet youtubers and internet articles keep saying TLW and JP3 both got the same reaction from fans...

Back to top Go down
Albertosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Albertosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 11:19 am

My rankings?

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic Park 3
5. Jurassic World

Mind you, I might have to rewatch them all to get a more solid opinion/ranking.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 pm

My new ranking after re-watching the films again recently :

1. Jurassic Park - 9/10
2. Jurassic World - 8/10
3. The Lost World - 7.5/10
4. Fallen Kingdom - 6.5/10
5. Jurassic Park 3 - 6/10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 12:23 am

Loved this thread because it actually shows what the general consensus among the fanbase (and the general public) really is.

Jurassic Park winning, The Lost World in second place and Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World losing by a wide margin.

I say that because sometimes I see a 2 or 3 fans who believe (and painted) false narratives like not that many people hated JP3 or that JW was well received by most. This thread shows that both narratives are not right.

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 11:29 am

My rankings:

4. Jurassic Park III
3. The Lost World/Jurassic World
2. Fallen Kingdom
1. Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 7:53 pm

New Ranking :

1. JP - 9.5
2. TLW/JW - 7.5
3. FK - 7/10
4. JWD - 6.5/10
5. JP3 - 6/10

Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 10:58 pm

Mine haven't changed much, just thought I would update it now that I've seen Dominion:

Jurassic Park - 9/10 - I rarely rate a favorite in a franchise as a perfect ten, the highest I'll go is a 9, since even the original has flaws

Jurassic World - 8.5/10 - this rating hasn't changed, since this is my original rating

Jurassic World: Dominion/Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (tie) - 7.5/10 - since both ratings are close, it's best I give them the same rating (though Dominion's might change after multiple viewings), since I had no problem with either movie (Fallen Kingdom even got me interested in Volcanology, so I don't see that as a bad thing, since before seeing it, I had no idea which direction I was going career wise).

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7/10 - used to be my favorite when I first got into the Jurassic Park franchise (mostly because of Jeff Goldblum, since the only other movie I saw him in was Independence Day and I loved him in that). Now, I'll only watch it if there's nothing better on television, since I don't like it enough to actually own it, but it's better than Jurassic Park 3 (which I've only seen once and really have no desire to see it again, since once was more than enough)

Jurassic Park 3 - 5/10 - forgettable, since I really have no desire to see this again, for reasons already stated above. I didn't even see it until I bought the Jurassic Park Adventure Pack on DVD, never seen this one in theaters (nor do I wish to).

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2022 10:58 am

Jurassic Park 10/10
The Lost World 8/10
Jurassic Park 3 5/10
Jurassic World 7/10
Fallen Kingdom 6/10
Dominion 8/10

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 8:48 pm

My current rankings...

6. Jurassic Park III
5. Jurassic World
4. Jurassic World: Dominion
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
1. Jurassic Park

3-5 was the hardest to rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite JP Film?   What's Your Favorite JP Film? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2