Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 2:21 pm

A new PR nightmare comes to haunt Justice League. In the wake of the Weinstein fallout, Affleck voiced his own disapproval of Weinstein's actions, and Rose McGowan called him out on it and brought up Hilarie Burton:
Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress Hilarie Burton, back in 2003

Jesus f***ing Christ...

This just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

How many will turn out to watch Justice League after this? Nevermind the DCEU for a moment, lets focus on the one movie; my gut tells me that disgust towards Affleck will continue to mount and damage the movie's box office considerably. It'll be hard to watch his scenes in the current DC movies as is, after this. Meanwhile, the hashtag "NotMyBatman" is starting to gain a footing...

These kinds of stories are becoming more and more common. I'm not normally a doomsayer or prognosticator of destruction, but how long does Hollywood have before this conflagrates into open resistance against the whole system in retaliation of just how corrupt and debased it is?

Addendum: I do acknowledge that this incident was from 2003, and there was more than enough time between then and now for Affleck to have his feet put on the coals for it. But people don't just "move on" from this sort of thing, nor should we expect them to. Affleck may regret his actions now, but he's playing Batman and that makes it harder to swallow.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 5:29 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
A new PR nightmare comes to haunt Justice League. In the wake of the Weinstein fallout, Affleck voiced his own disapproval of Weinstein's actions, and Rose McGowan called him out on it and brought up Hilarie Burton:

Jesus f***ing Christ...

How many will turn out to watch Justice League after this? Nevermind the DCEU for a moment, lets focus on the one movie; my gut tells me that disgust towards Affleck will continue to mount and damage the movie's box office considerably. It'll be hard to watch his scenes in the current DC movies as is, after this. Meanwhile, the hashtag "NotMyBatman" is starting to gain a footing...

These kinds of stories are becoming more and more common. I'm not normally a doomsayer or prognosticator of destruction, but how long does Hollywood have before this conflagrates into open resistance against the whole system in retaliation of just how corrupt and debased it is?

Addendum: I do acknowledge that this incident was from 2003, and there was more than enough time between then and now for Affleck to have his feet put on the coals for it. But people don't just "move on" from this sort of thing, nor should we expect them to. Affleck may regret his actions now, but he's playing Batman and that makes it harder to swallow.

Horrible news. But TBH i'm glad a lot of this shit is coming out. I like these actors, but they can't be allowed to have their skeletons swept under the rug. It's better to know the truth at least.

I don't mean to bash you guys over the head with this but i'll say it again. I'm confident that stuff like this happens ALL the the time with people we don't even expect.

Hollywood needs massive reform.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Jesus f***ing Christ...

Horrible news. But TBH i'm glad a lot of this shit is coming out. I like these actors, but they can't be allowed to have their skeletons swept under the rug. It's better to know the truth at least.

I don't mean to bash you guys over the head with this but i'll say it again. I'm confident that stuff like this happens ALL the the time with people we don't even expect.

Hollywood needs massive reform.

Just imagine if the FBI exposed how bad pedophilia was in Hollywood if it managed to go undercover and expose/break it all up.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Rose McGowan, while right and just in her outrage and sympathetic for that stuff she had to go through, is just...I just don't like the method she used to goad the Afflecks into responding and then just resorting to insults with Matt Damon. There are much better ways to do it without lowering yourself to their level. For example, Ashley Judd and other recent women. Heck, even Burton was more controlled. I agree with the message, but I don't agree with how the message is being sent.

The Affleck family, proteges of Weinstein, have a history themselves..seems to be running in the family so to speak. Puts an onus on Matt Damon and other associates (especially considering the alleged cover up).

EDIT: I don't think the revelation will have THAT big of an impact on JL but Affleck's time associated with DC is well and truly done. And his career might be worse off than before Argo. He lost a lot of power.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 2:53 pm

We know the plot synopsis of Wonder Woman 2.

Wonder Woman vs. Soviet Russia. And the production will start in June 2018.

NICE!!! Hopefully, it has a great 1980's soundtrack as well.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Scott B wrote:
Rose McGowan, while right and just in her outrage and sympathetic for that stuff she had to go through, is just...I just don't like the method she used to goad the Afflecks into responding and then just resorting to insults with Matt Damon. There are much better ways to do it without lowering yourself to their level. For example, Ashley Judd and other recent women. Heck, even Burton was more controlled. I agree with the message, but I don't agree with how the message is being sent.

The Affleck family, proteges of Weinstein, have a history themselves..seems to be running in the family so to speak. Puts an onus on Matt Damon and other associates (especially considering the alleged cover up).

EDIT: I don't think the revelation will have THAT big of an impact on JL but Affleck's time associated with DC is well and truly done. And his career might be worse off than before Argo. He lost a lot of power.

This is only slightly related to Rose McGowan, but last night I had a dream in which McGowan herself tried to insinuate that I had turned religious because of my recently posted review of The Ten Commandments.

But back on track, I really like the sound of this synopsis. I hope the continued success of the Wonder Woman films allows for Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern come into their own (lord knows the latter should have a good movie so we can all forget the terrible 2011 flick), and eventually new solo movies for Superman and Batman.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 6:37 am

Still would rather John Stewart for Lantern than Hal Jordan when Lantern gets into the universe. Flash...idk I don't like the actor.

Aquaman looks the most set up to succeed in his own way. They really tried to make him look cool and unique. Like more time was put into him than Flash and Cyborg. Time will tell though since he is a lot like Thor in that he isn't a typical Earth hero and should be spending more time with his people/realm when going solo. Atlantis may be hard for some to identify with if not done right.

Also apparently Jason Momoa spoiled Aquaman...

Spoiler:

Minor but why the heck would you even do that dude?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:04 pm

So according to this, Justice League 2 is already in development.

Hopefully, it's a slow one that can be delayed. I like WB, but if this is true....uhhhhhhhhhh *grumpy sigh*

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 pm

In the spirit of optimism, I call this WB preparing for both the best and the worst outcomes and everything in between. They NEED this to be a hit, and they'll want to announce a sequel if things work in their favour. By that same token, planning Justice League 2 is one thing, but that film's future will depend on the first one's performance.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
In the spirit of optimism, I call this WB preparing for both the best and the worst outcomes and everything in between. They NEED this to be a hit, and they'll want to announce a sequel if things work in their favour. By that same token, planning Justice League 2 is one thing, but that film's future will depend on the first one's performance.

But will it be profitable. Remember, this movie, due to reshoots/basically remaking mots of the movie, will cost an estimated $400-500 million at least. This means it needs to make $1.2-$1.5 billion to make a profit. And when one considers it being sandwiched between Thor: Raganrok and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I don't think it will make nearly that much. Maybe $1.2 billion, but that's doubtful.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

The official running time of Justice League will be roughly 2 hours. The shortest DCEU movie yet.

Considering how the theatrical version of BvS was not liked in part due to it being cut short, I honestly hope that fate doesn't repeat itself here.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The official running time of Justice League will be roughly 2 hours. The shortest DCEU movie yet.

Considering how the theatrical version of BvS was not liked in part due to it being cut short, I honestly hope that fate doesn't repeat itself here.

Make that two of us. But wasn't there another source saying that the film ran for nearly three hours? And Wikipedia doesn't have an established runtime listed yet. But that aside,the fact that both of Whedon's Avengers movies clocked in at over 2 hours 20 minutes, 2 straight hours for Justice League really doesn't sound enough, and especially since this looks to be twenty minutes shorter than Wonder Woman.

Meanwhile, a three hour film without an established incentive to want to sit through it unlike a Peter Jackson Middle-earth movie (and probably getting cold feet from Blade Runner 2049's box office shortcomings and pacing issues) I would think that pushing close to three hours (and assuming this is the one and only version of the film we will see) would also make audiences hesitate about seeing it even with Wonder Woman helping to bolster confidence in WB's DC films.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

Shazam Release Date Confirmed by Director
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/897467-shazam-release-date-confirmed-by-director

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:54 pm

A Deathstroke movie is supposedly in the works with Garath Evans directing it.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Very interesting. We're getting an unusual amount of villain focused movies for the DCEU here. Also  most of the movies are Batman related in the upcoming projects Ive noticed.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Very interesting. We're getting an unusual amount of villain focused movies for the DCEU here. Also  most of the movies are Batman related in the upcoming projects Ive noticed.

It makes you wonder if the Batman movie is going to be entirely remade with a new villain. After all, Afflack might not be around after JL due to personal issues. I know he said otherwise at SDCC, but it's hard to believe him at this point.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It makes you wonder if the Batman movie is going to be entirely remade with a new villain. After all, Afflack might not be around after JL due to personal issues. I know he said otherwise at SDCC, but it's hard to believe him at this point.
I did tell you guys, Affleck walked right in front of me , like within touching distance at comic con right?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I did tell you guys, Affleck walked right in front of me , like within touching distance at comic con right?

News to me.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

News to me.
Yeah this was when I was at comic con. Here's the tweet:

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/888844187331829760

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Geoff Johns the DC President no longer reports to DC.

It looks like he's now the Kevin Feige of the DCMU.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:11 am

The official budget for Justice Leagues is $300 million.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Its got to make upwards of $900 worldwide, with legitimate Wonder Woman levels of audience appeal. Do or die, as they say. This should be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Its got to make upwards of $900 worldwide, with legitimate Wonder Woman levels of audience appeal. Do or die, as they say. This should be interesting.
Idk if anyone on twitter follows this guy, but there was a guy on twitter yesterday lying about having seen a screening of JL and it was shown that he faked the ticket stub/fandango confirmation or whatever.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

And that's the 'official' budget. It's possible that the real one might be $400 million.

In other news. More proof that Affleck won't be Batman after JL.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Perri Nemiroff of Collider Videos tweets her reaction to Justice League

Dennis Tzeng of Collider voices a similar assessment

Based on these reactions, and similar responses from her colleagues and others who've gotten to see the film, the commonality is that the film delivers on the heart and camaraderie of the Justice League and on that count succeeds on that level more than Batman v Superman, but it feels very thin for a two hour comic book movie and the villain Steppenwolf is underdeveloped. There are probably other factors that haven't been touched on yet.

Honestly, the fact that they mention that it is at least entertaining is better than even my expectations. And given the production nightmare that this was, it would be so much worse. They could be diplomatic tweets and the film isn't actually all that good, but for now I'm not hitting the panic button.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Im very excited at the first reactions to Justice League, very much so!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Perri Nemiroff of Collider Videos tweets her reaction to Justice League

Dennis Tzeng of Collider voices a similar assessment

Based on these reactions, and similar responses from her colleagues and others who've gotten to see the film, the commonality is that the film delivers on the heart and camaraderie of the Justice League and on that count succeeds on that level more than Batman v Superman, but it feels very thin for a two hour comic book movie and the villain Steppenwolf is underdeveloped. There are probably other factors that haven't been touched on yet.

Honestly, the fact that they mention that it is at least entertaining is better than even my expectations. And given the production nightmare that this was, it would be so much worse. They could be diplomatic tweets and the film isn't actually all that good, but for now I'm not hitting the panic button.

The only question is, will it break even/make a profit? A $300 million budget is high, but I still can't help but wonder if the real number is $400 million.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 am

Gal Gadot Will Only Be Wonder Woman Again If Brett Ratner Is Not Involved

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Gal Gadot Will Only Be Wonder Woman Again If Brett Ratner Is Not Involved

WB has to get rid of Ratner. Gal Gadot was the star of the first truly successful DCMU movie and their is no way how they can afford another big blow.

Black Canary will sort of appear in Justice League.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Henry Cavill basically threw Man Of Steel under the bus.

Quote wrote:
“Geoff Johns and I have been delving into the history of the character to get to the core of who Superman is. This is the first time we see the true Superman. The Superman who is confident, and sure, and full of hope and joy.”

I'd say that would count as throwing MOS under the bus.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next