Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm

I agree Spino is just another animal in JP. Of course it's kinda crazy sometimes, but saying it's a hybrid just bc it's not what it looked like in reality is assuming way too much. So Rexy in JP is a hybrid too? Because no way a Tyrannosaurus had over 6 meters high and looked like that.

I think people want Spino to be a hybrid because they can't accept that in JP universe it looked badass like that and could actually kill a T.rex.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 12:46 pm

https://twitter.com/jurassiccast/status/842500357804703745
I never really understood the obsession these guys have with the subject. They bring it up time and time again (you know even more often than I do certain subject lol). If you don't want to get spoiled, don't go to obvious places where that will happen. And certainly in social media it will. Even though in case with JP5 it arguably hasn't really started really yet big way

https://twitter.com/SickTriceratopz/status/842514449865097216
Speaking of Dodgson... lol
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:07 pm

I always like the idea of Spino being a hybrid for a completely different reason than it killing the Rex. It would add so much more depth to things that Ingen was exploring as a company IMO. Thry had that line from Grant in there saying I wonder what else Ingen is up to. 

Now I obviously I know they didn't mean to put that line in there as some little seed for a hybrid plot haha. But looking back on it wouldn't be a bad way to explain certain stuff. I mean technically all the animals are hybrids.... and a company that was able to successfully clone Dinosaurs with Frog DNA would probably immediately be experimenting behind the scenes on what else they could do. How far they could push it etc. 

To me it would be less of them apologizing for their "mistakes" with the Spino, but adding another cool connection to what is established now. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Mistral wrote:
I never really understood the obsession these guys have with the subject. They bring it up time and time again (you know even more often than I do certain subject lol). If you don't want to get spoiled, don't go to obvious places where that will happen. And certainly in social media it will. Even though in case with JP5 it arguably hasn't really started really yet big way

Indeed, Jack Ewins even worked on the Masrani site so he knows a LOT more than the average fan regarding this stuff too. So I don't get it?

Yeah Dodgson....thats why you recast!

I approve!

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I always like the idea of Spino being a hybrid for a completely different reason than it killing the Rex. It would add so much more depth to things that Ingen was exploring as a company IMO. Thry had that line from Grant in there saying I wonder what else Ingen is up to. 

Now I obviously I know they didn't mean to put that line in there as some little seed for a hybrid plot haha. But looking back on it wouldn't be a bad way to explain certain stuff. I mean technically all the animals are hybrids.... and a company that was able to successfully clone Dinosaurs with Frog DNA would probably immediately be experimenting behind the scenes on what else they could do. How far they could push it etc. 

To me it would be less of them apologizing for their "mistakes" with the Spino, but adding another cool connection to what is established now. Just my opinion.

If the official reasoning for bringing in hybrids in JW was to supposedly please off "people bored of normal dinosaurs", or whatever it was that Claire said to the investors, then the all the hypothetical hybrid experimentation 20 years earlier would have been for entirely different reasons altogether.

Now. If, and I stress if, there was hypothetical experimenting beyond the basic cloning, I believe Crichton's TLW novel to have best explanations. Even though I never really bought the rationalization that there had to be entirely different island and facilities in order to supply the dinosaurs for Jurassic Park - in fact I thought it as hypocrisy in contrast to the first novel - I did like the way how it was described that the process does not happen in some "clean lab" in conveyor belt. There would be plenty of failures, as well as experimentation to get it right along the way. Dirty secrets that would be handled in silence, far away from everything else. In the original novel Wu already hinted towards it, you know dinosaurs being modified to the expectations of people and the faults being fixed along the way, but it wasn't quite as clear how it would be handed.

There was maybe brief glimpse of that in the JP3 InGen facility scene. Very brief

Last edited by Mistral on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRvwQzxhwv-/

For what its worth people...Daniella posted that she has scenes with Chris, Bryce and Justice.

I think thats our 'good team' this movie.

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Indeed, Jack Ewins even worked on the Masrani site so he knows a LOT more than the average fan regarding this stuff too. So I don't get it?

Yeah Dodgson....thats why you recast!

I approve!

Conflicts of interest?

As for Dodgson. TBH even if Cameron Thor hadn't done the disgusting things he did to the kid, they wouldn't have hired him again for the sequels (except maybe briefly for TLW as Spielberg originally half-promised to him) because he was too small player. You don't give more than minor roles for guy like that, I mean he was more of a actor coach anyway right?

In any case I don't think he was a bad actor at all, to the contrary. The scene with him was very natural as the guy was supposed to be just some nervous corporate espionage company man. Not arrogant megalomaniac like in the novels.

Last edited by Mistral on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Yeah in a sequel they can certainly go there with a megalomaniac character if they have a chance to expand on him. I hope they do. Also Daniellas instagram post said that she is hitting the gym so her role is a physical one

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:54 pm

If they go with Dodgson they better find a fine balance with him, something between JP and TLW if not entirely new, because I think Crichton portrayed him as too much of a cartoon monster in TLW. Like someone who would murder little children to achieve his goals.

Last edited by Mistral on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot who daniella was)
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 pm

So first animatronic tease with Bayona's tweet:

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/842825554738974722

If this thing is like the apato, I'm going to laugh at the "CGI should be banned" guys lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

If this thing is like the apato, I'm going to laugh at the "CGI should be banned" guys lol

Nobody's saying it should be "banned", you are over exaggerating it again.

And yeah, the apatosaurus animatronics wasn't particularly great, but if one mediocre/bad piece is gonna collapse the ship, then if same logic was applied to JW CGI it would have sunken it a long ago.

Anyhow. It's nice to see them answering to the critique and bringing robotics back in supposedly larger form, it really is, but I hope they not only improve on the craft quality, but also come up with grander packages than just partial bodies or small features again. Full scale pieces that is. Back to JP3 level at the very least. And most of all, please use them for more than just nostalgic effect, to actual advantage of the film. Use the art. Apply yourself, like Walter White would say.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Mistral wrote:

Anyhow. It's nice to see them answering to the critique and bringing robotics back in supposedly larger form, it really is, but I hope they not only improve on the craft quality, but also come up with grander packages than just partial bodies or small features again. Full scale pieces that is. Back to JP3 level at the very least. And most of all, please use them for more than just nostalgic effect, to actual advantage of the film. Use the art. Apply yourself, like Walter White would say.

Since Bayona directs it, I'm pretty sure he will "use the art". Animatronics scenes in "A Monster Calls" were amazing, and CGI was fantastic as well. The only issue could be if the dino-animatronic scenes fit well in the scenes in the script in the first place, and not just like for a "Uh, animatronic appears for one second, feel the nostalgia??" moment

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Soooo. What exactly does

Spoiler:

I still think that they're going to have the JP3 Spinosaurus be explained as the first super-hybrid. The Masrani backdoor site heavily implied that it was via 'accident left on Sorna'. Maybe this could be to solidify that.

If they acknowledged Spino, they'd have to acknowledge Sorna as well, but they don't seem to have interest in respecting that canon as otherwise they'd suddenly have to explain all the plot holes they've made in ignoring TLW/JP3.

Anyway, why would Spino have been hybrid? It's just a normal dinosaur. Yes with serial killer attitude, but that's more of a lazy film design / plot device than anything else, and can explained with excuses. In JP3, Billy mentions it not being in the "InGen list", but for all for we know (for the lack of explanation) that list might just be of animals meant to be at Jurassic Park. And anything else was not yet ready to be implemented, like Spino. It's plausible.

The Masrani website is just marketing off brand to please some fans, I don't care what it says. Just like JPTG was supposedly official canon to JP, lol right.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I agree Spino is just another animal in JP. Of course it's kinda crazy sometimes, but saying it's a hybrid just bc it's not what it looked like in reality is assuming way too much. So Rexy in JP is a hybrid too? Because no way a Tyrannosaurus had over 6 meters high and looked like that.

I think people want Spino to be a hybrid because they can't accept that in JP universe it looked badass like that and could actually kill a T.rex.

The Spinosaurus is JP3 looked nothing like the real thing. It was basically the result of dubious Spinosaurus remains, estimations based of it's relatives Baryonyx and Suchomimus, which may have been a big African version of Baryonyx, and Jack Horner.

This is what it looked like in the movie.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 640?cb=20091122214335

As you can see the JP3 Spino has back legs are much more massive and capable of biped capability with no problem, it has two hornlets above each eye, and the sail is much shorter. Not to mention a powerful bite.

And this is what it looked like in real life.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Modern10

While it was capable of some biped capability, it was very limited. It also had a Baryonyx style crest between the eyes, a larger sail, and a weaker bite capabilie of tackling fish, pterosaurs, and medium sized (20-30 ft long) dinosaurs. It wasn't capablie of fighting and winning against other predators. Their was a find with one of it's sail vertebre with a bite mark on it, indicating that it was actually attacked by Charcharodontosaurus. So, for all intents and purposes, they have to find some way of explaining it and making it the first super-hybrid is the best way. I've personally argued to make it a T.rex/Spino hybrid. Besides, is just guessing how it came to be and why it's so different then what it was, i.e. the current status quo, any better? No. At least if this is done, we finally get answers.

At least with Rexy, she actually looked like a T. rex. That and Celeste is supposed to be larger then Sue. (Sue 42 ft long, 13 ft high, and at least 8.5-9 tons while Celeste is supposed to be 44/45 ft long, 15-16 ft high, and 10 tons). That and keep in mind, Rexy was kept in captivity which means that her chances of growing larger then all the other Rexes in the wild were better, even if she wasn't fed as properly as she really should have been.

As for not not acknowledging Sorna, sooner or later, Universal has to do so at some time, most likely JP6/JW3. They can't ignore Sorna forever. I guarantee you that Universal has somebody looking at this site like Jack Ewins did at JPL. It's only a matter of time. For all we know, they might secretly have Sorna in this movie without us knowing it yet.

Troyal1 wrote:

But looking back on it wouldn't be a bad way to explain certain stuff. I mean technically all the animals are hybrids.... and a company that was able to successfully clone Dinosaurs with Frog DNA would probably immediately be experimenting behind the scenes on what else they could do. How far they could push it etc.

I've always believed that the JP3 Spino was either a 'black project' by Wu/some other rouge scientists or a form of sabotage by some other company.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 pm

As far as the Spinosaurus goes, I'm all for the JP3 version being retconned as a hybrid. Not because of anything pertaining to the Rex, nor anything pertaining to the lore.

I would like to see it retconned as a hybrid because I want to see a more realistic take on the Spinosaurus in a future JP film, and having an animal so drastically different sharing the same name already in the canon would create all sorts consistency issues.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm

For year 2000/2001, the Spino design is plausible. Certainly more plausible than say Dilophosaurus and Utahr... Deinon... I mean Velociraptor was for 1992/1993, or god forbid, anything seen in JW for 2015. If we are talking scientific reality here.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Mistral wrote:
For year 2000/2001, the Spino design is plausible.

But it's 2017, and the "real" version is a far more interesting animal.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Why you only complain about Spino not being "real" while other dinosaurs in JP suffered drastic changes too, like raptors? Why only Spinosaurus need to be scientifically accurate?

Rexy looks NOTHING like a T.rex. It's over exagerated in size, body shape and the head...LOL

But since it's the might T.rex, it doesn't need to look like a real T.rex. Same for raptors. They look nothing like they were in real life, yet no one says that they are hybrids in JP. Why can't it be the same for Spinosaurus? Why can't we just accept it looked like that in JP universe? 

And for 2001, the year this movie came out, that Spinosaurus design was OVERLY accepted by the scientific community. Spinosaurus looked like that, before that revision in 2014/2015. And even that, as I said, dinosaurs in JP aren't meant to be scientifically accurate, so WHY this pression over Spinosaurus?? LET IT BE LIKE THAT. It's the movie universe design, like raptors, T.rex and other dinosaurs.

IF YOU want to change Spinosaurus design, then let's change Rexy and raptors too, since they are outdated. No exclusions or "favorites".

If you start considering Spino a hybrid, I'll consider Rexy one too (and she actually is, how funny), with that monstruous over sized body and "Mean" looking head.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 NUyttbn

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rexy looks NOTHING like a T.rex. It's over exagerated in size, body shape and the head...LOL
The JP T. rex is still closer to what a real T. rex is supposed to look like than the Spino or Raptors. The changing view of Tyrannosaurus has been far less dramatic than most of the other dinosaurs in the franchise.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It's 2017, raptors have feathers, are smaller and much different physically...But yet no one wants to change their design in JP.

I still ask WHY not accept the inacuracy of Spinosaurus in JP3 while you guys accept the rest in other animals...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Mistral wrote:
For year 2000/2001, the Spino design is plausible. Certainly more plausible than say Dilophosaurus and Utahr... Deinon... I mean Velociraptor was for 1992/1993, or god forbid, anything seen in JW for 2015. If we are talking scientific reality here.

The Dilophosaurus, via the frill was based on the novel and the Velociraptors were due to Gregory S. Paul describing Deinonycus as a species of Velociraptor. The Spino design based on poor/limited remains was more speculation then anything else.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

But since it's the might T.rex, it doesn't need to look like a real T.rex. Same for raptors. They look nothing like they were in real life, yet no one says that they are hybrids in JP. Why can't it be the same for Spinosaurus? Why can't we just accept it looked like that in JP universe?

And for 2001, the year this movie came out, that Spinosaurus design was OVERLY accepted by the scientific community. Spinosaurus looked like that, before that revision in 2014/2015.

IF YOU want to change Spinosaurus design, then let's change Rexy and raptors too, since they are outdated. No exclusions or "favorites".

As I said before, the as of yet yet to be described Celeste (Lazy old Horner never got around to describing her. Gee what a surprise.) might have grown to the same proportions as Rexy and since Rexy was in captivity for so long, her chances of growing larger then the other wild ones were larger. As for Spinosaurus, scientists really began to take a closer look at it in the mid-2000's since JP3 made it out to be a super predator based on dubious remains, which in turn, lead to documentaries running wild without much true science. Notably the size of 50-60 ft was considered doubtful and slowly lead to a revision of 50ft. This was before the current size reduction of 45-50 ft, which is the current size of the animal.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Spinosaurus had 15 meters as far as I know. The JP3 Spino had LESS than 15 meters, so nothing really exagerated. Rexy in the other hand had what, 14 meters? And 6 meters high?

Not that  T.rex couldn't reach 14 meters, some fragments estimates that. But yet, Giganotosaurus has a fragment that is estimated to be 14 meters too.
I read that people don't like to consider fragments.

Just let it be like it was in JP3, it's better and not biased. It's unfair to change it's design while others aren't accurate too.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It's 2017, raptors have feathers, are smaller and much different physically...But yet no one wants to change their design in JP.

I still ask WHY not accept the inacuracy of Spinosaurus in JP3 while you guys accept the rest in other animals...

Because the Rex and Raptor designs are ingrained into the public's eye, and significantly altering them in a future JP film would rub a huge part of the fanbase the wrong way. Also, inaccuracies aside, the Rex basically looks T. Rex.

The Spino is a different story. It's basically already been blacklisted from the franchise, so reintroducing it's modern day version to the public is the only way I can see it making a reappearance without drawing the ire of the GA.

You say there is no room for favoritism, but that's really what it comes down to. Double standard? Maybe, but it's irrelevant when you're trying to sell something.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

The Dilophosaurus, via the frill was based on the novel and the Velociraptors were due to Gregory S. Paul describing Deinonycus as a species of Velociraptor. The Spino design based on poor/limited remains was more speculation then anything else.

I know why they are what they are (raptor being used also has the "bird of prey" name reasoning behind it as well as the carryover from novel), but that doesn't really change anything here scientific wise. I'm not talking about the motivations, they are just fine, but just the portrayals themselves for the time of production.

Last edited by Mistral on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

See? BIAS because of the "classic look". 

There are people that like the design of Spinosaurus in JP3 too(I like it, even if I know it's not what it looked like, the look grew on me as a kid). Let's just accept it and move on, Spinosaurus isn't even going to appear again (thanks to those hater idiots that spew hate in everything it's involved). So just let it be like that and not change it like the others. I agree that JP Universe is one thing and reality is another, so keep up with the classic designs is a must. Even if I wanted feathers for example, I always agree that they need to keep the classic and introduce the new together.

I rather see it not introduced again, because heh, those same haters will hate on it, even if it's changed. And start with the idiot jokes about how it was only a fish eater. I don't want it to be decipted into just that, because I'm sure if it appears, it'll be like that. 

That's why I'm so defensive, I hate to see a dinosaur be hated like that. An incredible creature be hated just bc of the way it appeared in a movie. Damn all them. DAMN. I've read from a lot of "fans" how they hate Spinosaurus and don't want it to never appear in any movie again. It makes my blood boil to see something like that. It deeply makes me depressed. f*ck them. They are not dinosaur fans. They just pick one and put it like a pokemon to fill their futile ego. It's been blacklisted of the franchise because of idiots that can't see how stupid that fight was and how it needs to be forgotten, it's the best for everyone.

And the JP3 Spino looks like a Spino. It just changes the posture.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Guys, this is the "General JW2 News Thread" please take your "accurate Dinos" discussion elsewhere, thanks.

Anyway back on topic, very excited by Bayona's tweet + Bryce's new one with the "harness", these are the sort of teasers I like which don't spoil the plot! Cool
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm not fighting with anyone, we are just having a civil convo here. Sorry if it changed the subject.

I really wish Baryonyx could be in JW2. Would be a dream.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
See? BIAS because of the "classic look". 

There are people that like the design of Spinosaurus in JP3 too(I like it, even if I know it's not what it looked like, the look grew on me as a kid). Let's just accept it and move on, Spinosaurus isn't even going to appear again (thanks to those hater idiots that spew hate in everything it's involved). So just let it be like that and not change it like the others. I agree that JP Universe is one thing and reality is another, so keep up with the classic designs is a must. Even if I wanted feathers for example, I always agree that they need to keep the classic and introduce the new together.

That's why I'm so defensive, I hate to see a dinosaur be hated like that. An incredible creature be hated just bc of the way it appeared in a movie. I've read from a lot of "fans" how they hate Spinosaurus and don't want it to never appear in any movie again. It makes my blood boil to see something like that.

Like it or not, it's origin is going to be explained somehow. And if Universal doesn't do it, then the next movie studio that gets the rights to the JP movie series after the Critchton estate gets it back, will. Like CT-1138 said, the T. rex redesigns haven't been that dramatic since that of JP. Yes, it's bulkier and more robust, but the basic shape is still overall the same. That of the JP3 Spinosaurus is so different from the neotype, that questions about how the one in JP3 is so different have to be answered properly. You just can't expect it to be not answered forever. It's going to happen at some point. The only question is if Universal will do it or if some other movie studio does it.

If there is anybody to blame, blame the producers and Horner for shoving it down the throats of the moviegoers without even given a proper explanation and basing it on such poor remains. The fact that it was questioned years later only shows how wrong the majority of the scientific community was.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I am blaming the haters because they are the only ones that COMPLAIN ABOUT Spino even 83472672 years after that movie. Don't excuse what they did. They are toxic and harmfull. They are to blame too, or do you think they didn't have a part in making Spino that "Jar Jar" binks of dinosaurs?????? As I said, I read pretty vile stuff coming from them. No excuse. It's unfair, I'll fight unfair stuff. No dinosaur deserves to be hater by a legion of haters just because of a movie. As a dinosaur lover this hurts a lot for me. So that's why I've been firing bullets at them here. If they didn't exist, I doubt Spino logo would be removed from JP3, or Rexy crashing a Spino skeleton...

That's it. 

It is not going to happen. Spinosaurus doesn't exist anymore for Universal or anyone. And I'm okay with that. Better ignore the poor thing than make it a ridiculous clown to be laughed at.

Sorry the off topic stuff.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
It is not going to happen. Spinosaurus doesn't exist anymore for Universal or anyone. And I'm okay with that. Better ignore the poor thing than make it a ridiculous clown to be laughed at.

I for one think reintroducing it as the badass sea serpent-ish animal that it was would be the opposite of "making it I ridiculous clown". Not to mention that it wouldn't be as redundant as, say, reintroducing the JP3 version.

Reintroducing it as the new iteration of the animal would give it an entirely new and unique role to play, and one that wouldn't step on the Rex's toes. That's why I want to see it brought back in its more accurate form.

And if they were to do that, they would obviously have to explain why the new version is so drastically different than the JP3 version.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I for one think reintroducing it as the badass sea serpent-ish animal that it was would be the opposite of "making it I ridiculous clown". Not to mention that it wouldn't be as redundant as, say, reintroducing the JP3 version.

Reintroducing it as the new iteration of the animal would give it an entirely new and unique role to play, and one that wouldn't step on the Rex's toes. That's why I want to see it brought back in its more accurate form.

And if they were to do that, they would obviously have to explain why the new version is so drastically different than the JP3 version.
I would like to see it emerge from the water and take down a boat full of people. And even go to a shore and scare away everyone there. Show it terrifying both people and some dinosaurs alike. Just imagine a big aquatic dinosaur with a huge sail on it's back, even if it walked weird like a penguim, the size would just tell everyone to not play around with it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 27 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next