Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Head Canons

Go down 
+32
Dv-218
HennexForest
1morey
sdp
Baryonyx111
TyrantGojira
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
Oviraptor
Aegyptiacus3
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
JP_Korea
Tyrant Lizard
Troodon_formosus
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Megatronus Rex
Nedryland
Oshronosaurus
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
bumblebeef
Tarbtano
Levine
Gojira2014
Océane
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Océane
Océane

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:52 pm

"Headcanon (or head canon, head-canon) is a fan's personal, idiosyncratic interpretation of canon, such as the backstory of a character, or the nature of relationships between characters." or at least that's what google says.
Yes, this is a spiritual successor to the head canons topic on JPL. Anyways, on to my personal ones.
1. There is a wild raptor population on Nublar, and Blue leads it.
2. The mosasaurus is the tylosaurus from JP:TG.

Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling
Gojira2014

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 pm

*There are more than just 1 Spinosaurus. At least 5.
*There might be Allosaurus on Isla Sorna.

Océane
Océane

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Gojira2014 wrote:

*There might be Allosaurus on Isla Sorna.
I thought I was the only one.

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:16 am

Remember guys, unless otherwise proven by the select canons, all headcanons are merely theories or ideas that dont hold any light in an actual argument. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:16 am

- The JP3 "Spinosaurus" was actually a hybridized (artificially, not naturally) Suchomimus with added genes from other dinosaurs like the real Spinosaurus and large carnosaurs. This is why its body was much more like a bulkier Suchomimus, wasn't on the InGen list, and behaves in a similar rampaging manner to the Indominus rex. Both were out of control hybrids partially driven mad by conflicting instincts.

- Even in the movie canon, some dinosaurs have managed to get off the island.

-Blue, due to having monitor lizard genes, could be capable of parthenogenesis and reproduce a clutch of eggs all by herself.

Océane
Océane

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Tarbtano wrote:
-
-Blue, due to having monitor lizard genes, could be capable of parthenogenesis and reproduce a clutch of eggs all by herself.
I totally forgot monitor lizards could do that. I definitely didn't learn just now.

bumblebeef
Embryo
Embryo

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 4:12 pm

In the first movie, near the beginning of the tour, Alan Grant says, "T. rex doesn't want to be fed, she wants to hunt." This explains the T. rex's behavior in the movie. Grant prescribes to the theory that T. rex's visual acuity is based on movement, but this can't be the case because the following three movies play fast and loose with that rule. The T. rex didn't attack Grant and the kids for a simple reason: it had already eaten a goat and the lawyer Gennaro; it would have not have been too hungry at that point. What we see in the attack in Jurassic Park is a dinosaur taking advantage of the opportunity to engage with its surroundings, to play, for lack of a better word. The dinosaur had been fed goats on a schedule for who knows how long. The opportunity arose for it to engage with prey, to interact with its environment. It was hunting for the sake of it. The T. rex didn't attack not because its visual acuity was based on movement, it didn't attack because it wanted to play, it wanted to hunt.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 4:43 pm

My head canon is that the JP3 raptors looking different and having feathers was a direct result of what Wu had planned. I think they were hybrid experiments just like how raptor squad all had different DNA and looked different.

That really helps me to think that because the hybrid plotline makes so much sense to me that way
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 1:52 pm

I think the Spino was an accident by Wu. The JW website supports this, but I think it was pretty lacking in DNA first, so Wu tried to approximate it to the current standards of the time and ended up creating a monster.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I think the Spino was an accident by Wu. The JW website supports this, but I think it was pretty lacking in DNA first, so Wu tried to approximate it to the current standards of the time and  ended up creating a monster.

This. I think the Spinosaurus was really an accident and not a planned hybrid or something like that. The Masrani website has the backdoor and one of Wu's e-mails say something about "accident left on Sorna".

Anyway, one of my headcanons is that Wu visited the I.rex paddock and was the first person to see I.rex camouflage. Of course it was planned to do that, so Wu didn't get surprised. (On the contrary, he got very proud with that.) Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Head Canons LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm

-The JP Raptors in the movies are Dakotaraptor that InGen mistook as exceptionally large Deinonychus
-Nedry had student loan debt, which is why he needs the money from BioSyn. Nedry was studying for his Master's at MIT in Cambridge, Ma, hence why Hammond tried reaching "Nedry's people, at Cambridge" before finding out the phones were dead. 
-The JP/// Spino was misclassified as Baryonyx when it was first hatched, hence why Baryonyx was on InGen's list and not Spinosaurus. By the time InGen realized their mistake, it was too late to change it. They never got around to adding Spinosaurus to their list because Hurricane Clarissa hit before they could, forcing the evacuation of Isla Sorna. 
-There are more hidden secrets on Isla Sorna than just what lies in the aviary, the Spino paddock, the Worker Village, and the Labs Compound
-The Novel Raptors are Achillobator, the DNA of which Wu mistook to be giant Velociraptors
-The TLW Pteranodon are, by evidence of the concept art, just as dangerous as the caged mutants were. They were responsible for the death of Enrique and the rest of the crew of the Dino-Soar, as well as the fisherman who got too close to Sorna. The Pteranodon were attracted to the stench of fish on the fishermen's boats, and saw the parasail as territorial threats.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:38 pm

i actually saved the whole headcanon thread from JPL if you guys want me to repost it Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i actually saved the whole headcanon thread from JPL if you guys want me to repost it Smile
Sure, just remember to use lots of spoilers.

Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:04 pm

i'll streamline it a bit and omit any that have already been reposted. it'll take a while, though.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Nedryland
Veteran
Veteran
Nedryland

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 3:03 pm

- The Dilophosaurus are nocturnal hunters.
- The Dilophosaurus nest in the old control room
- Nedry's skeleton is still in jeep.
- The aggression of the Spinosaurus was due to Wu having to fill in more gaps in the DNA sequence.
- Muldoon would spend time on Isla Sorna to observe newly cloned species to understand it before it moved it moved into the Park setting.
- The Jurassic Park aviary includes Pteranodon, Dsungaripterus, Pterodaustro and Quetzalcoatlus but none of them are listed as they are a phase B attraction.

Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 8:29 pm

- I very much like the idea of the Spinosaurus being a genetic accident rather than an intentional hybrid prototype. Either way, it explains why there's likely only one on Isla Sorna.
- It was originally proposed to simply rebuild Jurassic Park the way it was, but Masrani wanted "bigger, cooler, more rides," and so Jurassic World was built instead.
- There's a sizable underground tunnel network on Isla Sorna.
- The Big One was mishandled during its upbringing, resulting in a much more belligerent specimen than the others.
- A lot of the employees of Jurassic Park eventually sold their outfits and such on the internet (Lowery's eBay connection). They were also offered positions in JW first before others.
- Surplus JP merchandise was kept in a warehouse after the park went downhill. It was likely sold or re-branded once JW came to be.
- The Spinosaurus was considered for JW, but Wu lobbied hard to veto it, partly out of shame and partly because he knew it wasn't fit for the kind of park they were making.
- Hearing of the Stegosaurus encounter from Sarah Harding, Masrani and Wu decided to "dumb down" the herbivores for JW, making them less likely to jump at provocation (although still able to fight when necessary).
- The T.rex infant from Sorna was lined up to be Rexy's successor when she finally passed on. The parents were considered too old by that point.

Last edited by Megatronus Rex on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Really interesting head canons here.

Head Canons LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Embryo
Embryo
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:41 pm

*Spino was the first attempt at a hybrid.
*Just because we didn't see wild Nublar Raptors doesn't mean they DON'T exist.
*The entire John Hammond dialogue from Trespasser is film cannon, and Novel canon at the same time. There is not hybrid trespasser canon. It's all the same thing for both, just the proper dates...i.e. starting in the 80s and remaining consistent with the book dates. Or starting in the mid-to late 80s and remaining on par with the dates given with for the film.

Effectively bridging novel universe with film universe...and making it work. Maybe small changes to make it work best with both.
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:04 pm

-There were wild raptors on Isla Nublar prior to 2014, when it was decided that the Raptor Squad would serve the park's purposes better (as they were engineered to work well with humans). The wild raptors were exterminated by InGen Security after this despite Owen and Barry's protests.
-The employees who worked on Isla Sorna mostly had nowhere else to go. There were always reasons that they chose to isolate themselves from society, and when the evacuation was announced, there were mass panics, riots, and...accidents.
-Norman Atherton, from the novel, existed in the film-verse. He was originally the head of InGen's genetics department. He knew Laura Sorkin when she was a grad student at Stanford University, and recommended her to Hammond. Atherton died of heart cancer like in the novel, and his death prompted the rivalry between Sorkin and Wu for the position of chief scientist.
-Dodgson and Wu went to MIT together. Wu often helped Dodgson out with genetics homework (Dodgson struggled academically), and they were good friends. They traveled to California together after graduation and both applied to work for InGen, but only Wu was accepted. Dodgson then applied to BioSyn instead and was accepted. Wu and Dodgson drifted after this due to working for rival companies.
-Nima and Dodgson met by chance when Dodgson's car broke down in Costa Rica while he was plotting his infiltration of Isla Nublar. Nima ran a repair garage in the area. While she was fixing his car she casually mentioned struggling to raise her daughter, which prompted him to make his offer.
-Nima's daughter, Atlanta, is responsible for the Tun-Si tribe returning to Isla Nublar. The reserve that they live on is located near Mount Sibo. Many members of the tribe are a part of Jurassic World; many of them perform maintenance on the geothermal plant, and others handle the juvenile dinosaurs. There are also several tribe members who routinely speak at the Innovation Center to educate visitors about the history of Isla Nublar's native people. Lowery and Atlanta know one another.
-The events of the Jurassic World mobile game happened in the film-verse, EXCEPT when they contradict film canon. When they do, the film version happened as similarly to the game as possible while remaining within film canon. (For example, Zach and Gray didn't visit the park until 2015 in the film canon, so their characters in the game are replaced with random VIP guests).
-The structures on Site B in Trespasser (like Burroughs, the dam, the under-construction monorail, etc.) and their backstories exist on Isla Sorna in the film-canon as well in a slightly different form.
-Donald Gennaro has a wife and daughter like in the novel. Also like in the novel, his daughter's birthday falls on the same day as the Isla Nublar incident.
-Roland Tembo and Robert Muldoon knew each other. They were hunting partners for a time, until Muldoon started to develop preservationist opinions. While Muldoon gave up his life of hunting, the two men stayed in contact. This was how Ludlow chose Roland for the Hunter expedition.
-After the Isla Nublar incident, the survivors recuperated in Costa Rica for a while, with InGen covering the expenses as compensation for the incident. Malcolm was in the hospital for his injuries the whole time, but the others visited him regularly. Sarah Harding came down to ensure that her father and half-sister were all right; this was how she met Malcolm, as he was the only one willing to talk about what had happened on the island. Tim and Lex became friends with Jess Harding and Atlanta Cruz during this time. Jess was Tim's first crush.
-The escaped pterosaurs from Jurassic World have scattered to the winds. Some came to roost on Isla Sorna; they attacked many dinosaurs when they arrived. However, they eventually settled into place. The Pteranodons in particular started interbreeding with Isla Sorna's Pteranodons; when the JP/// variety (Pteranodon longiceps hippocratesi) crossbreeds with the JW variety (Pteranodon longiceps masranii), they create a new hybrid species Pteranodon supremus, which expresses hybrid vigor and is as powerful as P. masranii but with the size and teeth of P. hippocratesi.
-Lowery had dinner with Vivian and her boyfriend once after the Jurassic World incident. Just once. He bragged about his instrumental role in defeating Indominus by opening Paddock 9, exaggerating it in his favor (in his version, Claire said "Do it, Lowery! You're the only one who can!").
-As an adult, Tim visited Jurassic World one time. The only place he went was T. rex Kingdom; he thanked Rexy for saving his life in 1993 and then went home.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:04 am

Troodon_formosus wrote:

-Norman Atherton, from the novel, existed in the film-verse. He was originally the head of InGen's genetics department. He knew Laura Sorkin when she was a grad student at Stanford University, and recommended her to Hammond. Atherton died of heart cancer like in the novel, and his death prompted the rivalry between Sorkin and Wu for the position of chief scientist.

Interesting. I always came with the novel canon to make the movie backstory sometimes and this is one of them. In this case I follow the novel canon, so Norman recommended Wu instead of Sorkin to Hammond. Wu was a genius prodigy doing his PHD thesis at the time. I like to think Sorkin was jealous that Wu was the chief geneticist and had close relationship with Hammond, so she did everything to bash Wu's work and blame everything on him.

Head Canons LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 pm

I headcanoned Sorkin and Atherton knowing each other because they both attended Stanford for genetics, and they would have been there at around the same time.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:05 pm

I headcanon that JP:TG is official, just things where it doesn't add up are deleted. For example, the Visitor Center door thing didn't happen, and the island was not firebombed.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:37 am

Troodon_formosus wrote:

-As an adult, Tim visited Jurassic World one time. The only place he went was T. rex Kingdom; he thanked Rexy for saving his life in 1993 and then went home.

This made me feel super warm and fuzzy inside Ooooh Right!

Head Canons Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 10:44 am

The Cretaceous Cruise in Jurassic World was arranged so that the animals would generally stay within specific zones based on their natural time periods. They could wander in and out of some areas, but for the most part were supposed to represent a "river of time."

Simon Masrani was totally aware of the romantic tension between Owen and Claire. He pretended not to know about it and would sometimes assign them to tasks at the same time on purpose.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Troodon_formosus wrote:

Simon Masrani was totally aware of the romantic tension between Owen and Claire. He pretended not to know about it and would sometimes assign them to tasks at the same time on purpose.

LMAO best person. Laughing

Head Canons LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:05 pm

I never thought about Tim going to JW lol. That would  be cool. But the poor guy probably would have a PTSD flashback after what he went through.
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:00 pm

The weirdness on Isla Sorna didn't begin with InGen. There was an ancient culture of people who inhabited the island long before it was discovered by Europeans (as in Dinosaur Battles), who disappeared without much explanation but left behind some ruins that aren't like those known from the area. Some of the cave paintings they left behind are vague, but described as unsettling by their discoverers. In more recent times, modern tribes and civilizations attempting to land on the islands recorded mysterious deaths and unidentified diseases. Closer to the modern day there was a failed attempt to start a coffee plantation on the island (as in Trespasser) right before the American Civil War broke out, but nothing to identify the plantation's builders has been recovered, and the plantation appears to have been rapidly abandoned for unknown reasons.

Something weird's up on Isla Sorna, and the people who worked there gradually became more and more aware of the island's strangeness. Certain "incidents" involving InGen employees were quickly covered up by Security, but rumors still got out about bizarre ruins and unnerving diseases.

Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:58 pm

-65 million years ago, Isla Nublar had its own dinosaurs (I'd like to call this dino is 'Dakotaraptor nublarensis'. And InGen found D.nublarensis fossil and DNA from amber. Dr.Wu was excited they found new species.
-Raptor Subject A-2, Subject V-2 cyon ver. And red raptor (you can see it on Jack's twitter) existed in film univers
-IBRIS raptor(V.masranii) is hybrid with V.nublarensis and V.sornaensis
-dinos from novel (procompy, othy, cearadactylus, carnotaurus, etc.) existed in film universe and they lived in Site B

Océane
Océane

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:13 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I headcanon that JP:TG is official, just things where it doesn't add up are deleted. For example, the Visitor Center door thing didn't happen, and the island was not firebombed.
Don't forget the staircase.

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:15 am

Troodon_formosus wrote:

-Lowery had dinner with Vivian and her boyfriend once after the Jurassic World incident. Just once. He bragged about his instrumental role in defeating Indominus by opening Paddock 9, exaggerating it in his favor (in his version, Claire said

I literally died laughing. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head Canons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Canons
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next