Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!  Empty
PostSubject: My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!    My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey guys! For my 21st birthday present, my parents wanted to take me on a vacation anywhere I wanted, so long as it was in the continental United States. Being the huge TLW fan that I am, I decided to visit the Northern Redwoods, i.e. Prairie Creek, Patrick's Point, the lot of it! Well, I didn't get to see ALL that I wanted, partly because there was one location I'd forgotten about (Big Tree Wayside - where Sarah lectures Ian after the Stego encounter- pissed about that because I passed the place about 6 times! Evil or Very Mad ). And the other one - the location of the Stego encounter itself - was just about impossible to find. BUT I did get to visit 3 out of the 5 places that were filmed in the area, which isn't bad when all it said and done. I was able to get 4 good days of hiking in so the trip was actually pretty good. Anyway, I'll stop babbling and get on with the pics!

Wedding Rock/Patricks Point Parking Lot
This parking lot was the place where the trailers and the Mercedes SUVs parked at for the Gatherer expedition to Isla Sorna. You're never meant to see the edge of the cliff, which is not nearly as steep a gradient as depicted as a set. Don't get me wrong, you'll definitely break something if you take a wrong step, but it's far from a sheer cliffside.

Spoiler:

Another thing you don't get in the movie is a perspective of how truly big this part is! The "rock" the InGen helicopters come from behind is HUGE. It's actually it's own little length of land that you can hike out onto and view the ocean from.

Spoiler:

Ceremonial Rock
The other scene filmed at Patricks Point was sections of the famous Game Trail chase at the Ceremonial Rock section. Notably, the shots of the gatherers viewing from atop their rocky perch the InGen Harvesters chasing the dinosaurs.

Spoiler:

View from atop Ceremonial Rock:

Spoiler:

Fern Canyon, Prairie Creek
On my final day of hiking, I visited Prairie Creek and hiked Fern Canyon and the James Irvine Trail. The canyon itself is fairly easy, only being a half mile loop. This is where the famous scene of Dieter Stark getting chomped by Compies was filmed, and it still looks just like it even after all these years!

Spoiler:

As a bonus, I'll also throw in that the Stegosaurus/Allosaurus showdown in the WWD miniseries took place in Fern Canyon, a bit further in from where Dieter got chomped. There area down here has changed a bit, partly because there's new fallen logs and stuff and partly because California has had a 3 year long drought that has left much of the canyon unfortunately less vegetated than it should be. Still wondrous, however.

Spoiler:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!    My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 7:43 am

Oh my god this is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!    My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:29 am

I kinda want to see if the neighborhood from these images is still around, It would be cool to get a shot of this
Spoiler:
In the present. (with the house owners' consent, of course)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!    My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 2014 Trip To Isla Sorna!
Page 1 of 1