Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?

Go down 
+12
Hawk_Owl7
JVM
TheDreamMaster
evolution_rex
Spinosaur4.4
BarrytheOnyx
Dr. Wu
Baryonyx111
SmugTheFab
Tyrant Lizard
Spiegel
CT-1138
16 posters
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Empty
PostSubject: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Well, for instance, I want T. rex to be like she's been in the past: not a Pokemon, and not anthropomorphised ("teaming up" with other dinosaurs to fight the bad guy dinosaur then letting the buddy dinosaur live whilst giving him/her a "knowing" look and then walking off), but just an animal. The T. rex doesn't go out of it's way to "help" the cast, but doesn't act villainous towards the cast either. T. rex doesn't go and chase them all over for no reason (like Spino), but acts in a territorial (TLW RV's), hunting (JP Galli's), curious (JP main road attack), or protective (TLW camp attack) way instead. Heck, even acting fearful, like when the Buck romps around San Diego scared outta his mind, would be interesting to see. I want T. rex to be an animal. A big, threatening, and dangerous animal, but an animal just the same. T. rex is like a bear, or a cougar: yeah, it'll attack you, but only because you got too close to her offspring, or were hanging around his territory. The Bear doesn't team up with the cougar in order to fight the bulldozer.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Completely agreed. I was able to swallow most other parts of the movie I didnt full agree with, however, this I could not. It was just too much, obviously geared to a younger generation of thrill seekers that wanted a big brawl in the end.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Well, I have seen smaller birds such as crows and seagulls sort of team up to drive birds of prey out of residential areas, so it's really not that far fetched.....Just sayin'.

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:09 pm

I too want a real dinosaur, as I assume many do. Not some super hero. While it was epic at the theaters, seeing Buttercup kick butt, it seems too unrealistic now.

As for the raptors, I want to see some pack hunting; raptors chasing people down in a coordinated manner, pouncing on unsuspecting peeps, you get the dealio.

Last edited by SmugTheFab on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Well, I have seen smaller birds such as crows and seagulls sort of team up to drive birds of prey out of residential areas, so it's really not that far fetched.....Just sayin'.
I've heard of singular species cooperation doing that. Never here of interspecies cooperation like that.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Would definitely prefer dinosaurs to behave simply like wild animals-not doing noble heroes, nor vicious, evil monsters- simply animals doing what their instinct tells them.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:17 am

I'm I the only one who felt that Rexy was portrayed naturally in JW? Razz I never saw it as a team up but just that both Rexy and Blue were fighting the same predator and Rexy only spared Blue due to having multiple injuries and not to mention that Blue seemed nervous of the T.rex in front of her. But do I want the dinosaurs too be more of a threat in the next film, yes I do.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:26 am

I am of two minds on this: I fully agree that dinosaurs should be portrayed as multi-faceted animals rather than brawling monsters. It retains the sense of realism that this franchise has otherwise strived for, and what many have praised the JP series for.

But, I do not think Rexy was reduced to being a Pokemon or a summon spell for the heroes, had there been no Indominus rex she would have killed our four protagonists and the surviving Raptors for territorial rights. The fact that Blue and Rexy did not attack each other was only an alliance of convenience. Being beaten within an inch of death was enough to convince her not to keep fighting, especially against five smaller, healthier and more agile targets.

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:30 am

Like animals, that is all.

But I already predict they'll act like monsters, bc that sounds the path they want to go now. Neutral

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 10:03 pm

The I-Rex was the only dinosaur in JW that acted like a monster, and it may have very well been intentionally designed to be like that. The Rex was pretty much abused, putting into harm's way by leading it to the I-Rex. The raptors were treated like animals and that was cool for the most part, but bot the Rex and raptors were personified by the end.

The personification aspect, I imagine, might continue. I hope it doesn't.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 2:03 am

Maybe they were a bit personifed at the end but it was only done a little bit which couldn't hurt but if the next film does it completely...

Suspect

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 2:57 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
Maybe they were a bit personifed at the end but it was only done a little bit which couldn't hurt but if the next film does it completely...

Suspect

I'm hoping to move away from that aspect. I can accept how Rexy acted, because she's old, and it basically came down to "I'm too old for this stuff." Blue was raised by humans, and animals raised that way can have their quirks, so that's why I assume Blue was still loyal to Owen and even gave that sort of unknowing nod at the end, especially as Owen was all that was left of her pack.

Next film, I don't want completely domesticated dinosaurs. Since I have a feeling we'll go there anyway, I'm fine with a few more hybrids if done right, but for the actual animals, I don't want anything to get too personal with them.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 5:28 am

This thread feels a bit silly to me. Nothing the animals did in the movie seemed out of logic to me or more anthropomorphized than things we've seen in previous movies. The movie illustrated flares were used to lure Tyrannosaurs towards a food source, and the flare was later used to lure her towards the Indominus rex successfully. The Rex went to no special lengths to protect the humans. .

Blue and her pack behaved with plenty of aggression towards Owen and co., but retained some level of affection, which isn't especially unlike real life predators kept as pets by people - unpredictable animals but capable of emotion and affection. Being raised by humans is highly explicable for her actions towards the Indominus, and it's shown she has a closer relationship to Owen - and in addition, the Velociraptor pack has all been genetically-engineered to work with military humans, which also adds further possibility. The fact Blue runs back off into the island, versus following the humans around further, showcases she's still a wild creature.

The only anthropomorphized bit is Rexy and Blue's nods. That's really it.

Embryo
Embryo
Hawk_Owl7

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 6:35 am

I think the at least Raptors should be Feathery and Beautiful.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 7:06 am

Like animals, not anthropomorphized or monsters.
Also, would be awesome to see both feathered and scaly

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 2:40 pm

They should be portrayed like wild animals, not like monsters or pokemon.

Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Like real living creatures. It would make sense for them to go AWOL in this situation because they're bing introduced with no boundaries to prevent these animals from attacking each other and there gonna possibly be a few moronic humans who would hunt them down in the streets. A stressful situation like that would make things more troublesome for both people and the animals.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

The only thing weird about it was the head nod by Blue. "I got dis bro"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?    How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Should the Dinosaurs be Portrayed in the Next Movie?
Page 1 of 1