Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Game of thrones Discussion.

Go down 
+11
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
Raptor Blue
dance2nite
MissDNA
evolution_rex
Pugpunasaurus
thingBreaker
Oliphaunt
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Game of thrones Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 1:08 am

Hi guys I'm a big GOT fan and I didn't know if any of you were as well. I guess this thread is to discuss the books and show.

Really excited for episode 8 of season 6 which comes on tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 5:18 am

Another thing we have in common Troyal, I am incredibly keen for episode 8!

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 9:03 am

We have a GOT thread? Cool! Surprised

Hyped for episode 8 as well.

-Cope (M) Brontosaurus excelsus
-Hook (F): Suchomimus tenerensis
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 11:28 am

Great! Glad to see I'm not alone. I'll drop by later to tell you my thoughts on tonight Smile

Edit: holy crap! The actor who plays Tommen was actually on GOT as another character before he was Tommen! I never knew this.

http://hellogiggles.com/tommen-baratheon-is-martyn-lannister/
Back to top Go down
thingBreaker
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 2:01 am

Hmn... never knew that.

Anyways, last night's episode left me very confused. Except for Arya's plot line, the other plot lines mentioned were left as open ended as possible.

Although in Meereen I was going to say I had a feeling Theon and Yara were going to show up and take out those ships, but now I wonder if Drogon could just take them all out (or maybe both will happen?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.thingbreaker.com
Pugpunasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Pugpunasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Some of the subplots of last night's episode felt a bit rushed and it through the pacing off. I still really REALLY liked this episode. Me and my friend have a theory about what Qyburn was talking to Cersei about. We believe that there are still caches of wildfire under the city and Cersei is going to use them to blow up the Septum. I think it's cool!

Back to top Go down
Oliphaunt
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Pugpunasaurus wrote:
Some of the subplots of last night's episode felt a bit rushed and it through the pacing off. I still really REALLY liked this episode. Me and my friend have a theory about what Qyburn was talking to Cersei about. We believe that there are still caches of wildfire under the city and Cersei is going to use them to blow up the Septum. I think it's cool!

That's exactly what me and someone else I usually watch it with thought... Looks like King's Landing is about to heat up.

Back to top Go down
Oliphaunt
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Nobody's replied for a week so... Omg episode 8 guys I can't...

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:01 pm

The episode was pretty predictable but sometimes you just need that cliche yet powerful climax and ending.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Oliphaunt
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
The episode was pretty predictable but sometimes you just need that cliche yet powerful climax and ending.

Well, I didn't watch the trailer/spoilers that people were sharing so how it went was pretty new to me. But yeah it was mostly predictable... still awesome though.

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 4:25 pm

That last episode was just... Game of thrones Discussion. D96

Everything was just right. The music, the dialogue, just... everything. And now everything is going down. I'm so hyped. A little sad there were no Cleganebowl, maybe last season, but so many other fan theories has been confirmed this season.

I'm so hyped! And now there's a year to the finale. D:

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:17 pm

MissDNA wrote:
That last episode was just... Game of thrones Discussion. D96

Everything was just right. The music, the dialogue, just... everything. And now everything is going down. I'm so hyped. A little sad there were no Cleganebowl, maybe last season, but so many other fan theories has been confirmed this season.

I'm so hyped! And now there's a year to the finale. D:
Two years. They confirmed a season 7 and 8 Smile

Also Cleganebowl could still very well happen. I would be surprised if they don't ever cross paths.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 am

Is the series finishing after Season 8?
Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:35 am

Two more seasons? I suppose the next season is about Daenerys and the Mad Queen, and the fullfilment of Cersei's prophecy. Maybe Jon and Daenerys joins team and the three dragons theory is realised. While the last season is about the White Walkers only. Though what is Bran supposed to do in the meantime...

Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

That finally was fantastic! Jon Snow is a Targaryen! That reveal was awesome. Since he is the only male Targaryen heir, technically the throne is rightfully his.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Game of Thrones to end in 2 more seasons
http://moviehole.net/2016106639game-thrones-conclude-gilmore-girls-begin-july-1

Quote :

“Game of Thrones” showrunner David Benioff says the show will conclude after the next two seasons.

Those seasons will also be shorter than usual.

“It’s two more seasons we’re talking about. From pretty close to the beginning, we talked about doing this in 70-75 hours, and that’s what we’ll end up with. Call it 73 for now,” Benioff said.

Benioff said they won’t be extending the show simply to put more money in everyone’s pockets.

“Not planning to prolong the saga just because there’s a lot of people who still watch it. We wanted to something where, if people watched it end to end, it would make sense as one continuous story.”

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 1:18 pm

A bit bummed that the director that directed the last 2 episodes, the strongest of the season, isn't working on season 6. Supposedly he's going to be the lead director for a sci-fi show. I just hope he comes back and direct even more episodes the last season.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Absolutely awesome new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxWfvtnHtS0
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Love the new teaser, Winter is here!!! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Yes

In July...

After 6 years, it's surprisingly difficult to get used to late March / early April without having new season premiere of GoT in doorstep. I've had to start rewatching old episodes in order to not to feel entirely alienated. It's not my favorite show, in fact I'd "just" put it at the bottom end of my top 25 favorite shows, but it's still very important to me.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 6:39 pm

I'm glad it's starting here in July as that is smack bang in the middle of our winter so I will feel right at home watching it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 9:26 pm

I really hope I enjoy the ending. I'll be honest, I'm not at all happy about this only 13 episodes left thing. 

In my personal opinion the writers are tired and in a tough spot. HBO couldn't risk getting new ones to finish their most popular franchise ever....

I didn't really like S5 or S6 nearly as much as the first 4. It's still great television imo, but it isn't up to what I would call the gold standard. 

I can't help but feel 13 episodes is going to feel extremely rushed as far as characters getting their moments and the whole aftermath of this war. 

I'm still extremely excited but I'm bracing for maximum disappointment. Technically HBO hasn't confirmed the final episode count THEMSELVES for season 8, but if the writers are already parading it around it's probably what they are going with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 1:42 pm

I think S5 and S6 were still pretty great and enjoyable, although the rate of "pointless deaths" has increased to exponential levels. My friend would fiercely oppose me on that one, but her opinions are hers and I won't take them away.

I also have admit that the Bran story line is so god damn boring, and has been ever since he escaped from Winterfell. The newly introduced "flashbacks" aren't much batter. If there's one character that should've been massacred seasons ago, it's Bran.

IMO 13 episodes is just enough for the final push, and I'm sure few of them will go past 60 min mark.  8 seasons is 6 seasons longer than Rome (still my actual #1 HBO series ever) and they should be glad they got that long of a run when Rome didn't. I am not looking forward to potential spinoff, potential to ruin quite perfect saga with pointless stories from another time is quite high.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Mistral wrote:
I think S5 and S6 were still pretty great and enjoyable, although the rate of "pointless deaths" has increased to exponential levels. My friend would fiercely oppose me on that one, but her opinions are hers and I won't take them away.

I also have admit that the Bran story line is so god damn boring, and has been ever since he escaped from Winterfell. The newly introduced "flashbacks" aren't much batter. If there's one character that should've been massacred seasons ago, it's Bran.

IMO 13 episodes is just enough for the final push, and I'm sure few of them will go past 60 min mark.  8 seasons is 6 seasons longer than Rome (still my actual #1 HBO series ever) and they should be glad they got that long of a run when Rome didn't. I am not looking forward to potential spinoff, potential to ruin quite perfect saga with pointless stories from another time is quite high.

Oh don't get me wrong I still think it's great tv. Like I would still put S5 or 6 on a pedestal compared to most other shows. I personally just think it has gone down hill. Personally I think they are in such a tough spot. I have heard the books kinda went downhill as well and it must be tough having to go past the book, and deciding what to keep and what not etc.

I agree with you on pointless death scenes. And I'm curious to which deaths you would consider pointless. Personally I think they are banking way too much on shock value. Yes I know in the books Stannis kills his daughter. But in the show I felt it was handled so terribly. They purposefully made Stannis care more for her in S5 just so her murder would be more shocking imo. I couldn't stand the way they did it. 

Rickon was also a death that was so pointless imo. I understand he was a minor character but in that scene I was just thinking "I know he's going to get hit, but it would be such a cool change to not have the shock value and him live". But nope. Too easy to predict. 

I'm sorry but I still can't personally accept the final 13 episodes thing. I already know the full spoilers for S7 mostly and I don't see 6 being enough. Unless like you said they pull a Westworld and have episodes that are basically movies. For reference Westworld had a around 90 minute finale in you're unaware Smile

Also this was bound to happen and I knew it was coming...  so this isn't any fault but mine. But I Feel like there are 3 types of game of thrones fans. 

People who are really into the fantasy aspect. 

2. People who watch the show mostly for the politics and like a little fantasy here and there.

3. And people who full on enjoy both full force.

I am number 2 firmly. I like the fantasy but dragons and white walkers have always been at the bottom of my list of why I watch. So you understand my inevitable disappointment since that all has to come to a head. 

But I'm interested to hear a nice long post from you on what you like and don't like. And what you're looking forward to seeing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Nr #2 here too, but it was inevitable from all the lore you got from season 1 already.

Ser Barristan's death was probably the most pointless, because
A) That's not what happened in the books at all (not that I've read them but his fate was more interesting)
B) What exactly did his character achieve between seasons 3-5? His arch really ended in season 1 already, they stopped developing him after that. He became just another counselor that was there. But instead of doing something with him they just ended up killing him anyway many seasons later for no reason.

Second worst is Pycelle. Poor Pycelle. 6 seasons with most of the development in season 1-2 and then again he's just there until pointlessly killed in season 6 finale. In pretty unimaginative way anyway.

The third worst are the pointless minor character shock deaths.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Mistral wrote:
Nr #2 here too, but it was inevitable from all the lore you got from season 1 already.

A) That's not what happened in the books at all (not that I've read them but his fate was more interesting)
B) What exactly did his character achieve between seasons 3-5? His arch really ended in season 1 already, they stopped developing him after that. He became just another counselor that was there. But instead of doing something with him they just ended up killing him anyway many seasons later for no reason.

Second worst is Pycelle. Poor Pycelle. 6 seasons with most of the development in season 1-2 and then again he's just there until pointlessly killed in season 6 finale. In pretty unimaginative way anyway.

I hate those as well. I liked both of their characters alot. I also thought it made no sense to not just let Pycelle go the Sept, and get blown up with everyone else. Just to have him die at the hands of kids. Maybe to make it more personal? IDK but the kids killing him made me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I hate those as well. I liked both of their characters alot. I also thought it made no sense to not just let Pycelle go the Sept, and get blown up with everyone else. Just to have him die at the hands of kids. Maybe to make it more personal? IDK but the kids killing him made me laugh.

It was also stupid how Pycelle's season 1 finale revelation never paid off whatsoever in later episodes, but rather was completely forgotten

There are many side characters that were developed in some episodes, but then completely forgotten and usually killed off for no reason. I think they might have had too many writers and directors in the mix at times.

Anyway, I can't lie, there are still many many amazing and satisfying deaths, even in these later seasons. None of them really pass of what I consider be the greatest death scene ever, Titus Pullo killing Cicero in Rome*, but many are still pretty great. Even beyond the plain obvious ones (Red Wedding, Ned Stark, Oberyn etc)

*Cicero death  cheers
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It was also stupid how Pycelle's season 1 finale revelation never paid off whatsoever in later episodes, but rather was completely forgotten

There are many side characters that were developed in some episodes, but then completely forgotten and usually killed off for no reason. I think they might have had too many writers and directors in the mix at times.

Anyway, I can't lie, there are still many many amazing and satisfying deaths, even in these later seasons. None of them really pass of what I consider be the greatest death scene ever, Titus Pullo killing Cicero in Rome*, but many are still pretty great. Even beyond the plain obvious ones (Red Wedding, Ned Stark, Oberyn etc)

*Cicero death  cheers
Spoiler:
Can you remind me what the revelation was? I forgot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

*Cicero death  cheers
Spoiler:
Can you remind me what the revelation was? I forgot

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

15 brand new photos from season 7! 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/20/game-of-thrones-hbo-releases-15-new-photos-from-season-7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of thrones Discussion.   Game of thrones Discussion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of thrones Discussion.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next