Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

When is Jurassic World?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Océane
Océane

When is Jurassic World?  Empty
PostSubject: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Most sources say it happened alongside the movie's release, but the beginning suggests that it was during the holidays. Which do I believe?

CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 5:03 pm

In the movie, it's around Christmas time. There's snow on the ground in the Mitchell's Wisconsin home, and Christmas music is playing on the radio. I think Troodon_formosis even pin-pointed it to about December 18th or 19th based on the position of the moon.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 6:18 pm

I think we all agree it's on december 2015.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

When is Jurassic World?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

So I guess Masrani global and Jurassicworld.com are B canon then?

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Definitely. There's a lot of inconsistencies between the viral sites and the final movie.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 11:40 pm

The viral site looks to be set around the time that the film was actually released, with the exception of the urgent letters to stockholders that appear on some pages. The website actually does display a rapid drop in Masrani stock in December, which is further inconsistent with the summer-2015 setting of the rest of the website.

But the film takes place mainly on December 8th and 9th of 2015, as CT-1138 said, based on the phase of the moon shown in the film:
Spoiler:

Here's a lunar chart for 2015:
Spoiler:

For some reason, the first time I did this, it showed the 18th and 19th as the days that the right half of the moon would be illuminated. Now it shows it as the 8th and 9th. I'm not sure why that is.

EDIT: Found a link here to a site that shows the moon as it was in the film on the 18th/19th, not sure what's going on. But according to this website it could very well be the 18th and 19th.

We know that the film takes place in December due to the Christmas music playing in the introduction and the fact that there's snow on the ground at the Mitchell residence. The only alternative is that in June it randomly snowed a couple inches in Madison, Wisconsin and Dane County Airport started playing Christmas music ironically, which I doubt is the case.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is Jurassic World?    When is Jurassic World?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is Jurassic World?
Page 1 of 1