Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex

Go down 
+4
Megatronus Rex
Océane
JPMalcolmDilo
Tarbtano
8 posters

How well could the JP3 Spinosaurus do against the I.rex?
Outcome #1
4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_lcap25%4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Outcome #2
4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_lcap58%4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
Outcome #3
4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_lcap8%4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Outcome #4
4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_lcap8%4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Back

AuthorMessage
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Empty
PostSubject: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 am

We got a thread debating how well Rexy goes up against the Indominus, so I figured, since the other Tyrannosaurs from TLW and JP3 would only do very comparable than the Queen of Nublar against the hybrid; why not call in the other super predator on the block? It's the Untameable Terror to Nublar vs. the Pharaoh of Sorna!

4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Dce0d04dad184d4c38340957532102e5

Now let's assume the fight is set up exactly the same way as in JW's climax, only instead of Rexy we get Spiny charging out of Paddock 9 and crashing through a Tyrannosaurus skeleton because we're in an AU that JP3 was considered a classic because of plot convenience playhouse. And then, Spiny confronts and charges the Indominus.

The conditions beforehand are identical, as is passage of time. The Indominus is already injured from the fights with other dinosaurs, Owen, ACU, and the InGen mercs; but still in seemingly good condition. We're also assuming it won't be using its smarts or camouflage ability any more than it did in canon. Spiny is in peak form, but not exactly the same way we saw it fourteen years ago. It would be older than we saw it in JP3, thus a tid bit larger and aged, but not as past its prime as Rexy might have been. We'll say its 48 feet long, 18 feet at the head, and 9 tons. So size wise it's pretty much around the same size as the I.rex and thus a bit larger than Rexy; however not by any significant degree.

There are some changes however that will occur due to changing one combatant from Rexy to Spiny. For one, the Spinosaurus fights a bit differently. It wouldn't be using its jaws quite as heavily as Rexy did for obvious reasons. Now this is both a favorable and unfavorable change for our sail-back. It means Spiny wouldn't be able to land those big chomps that Rexy was able to dish out, as its jaws aren't as powerful. It could still headbutt, grasp, and grapple with its mouth; but not bite as hard. On the plus side, this means the I.rex's biggest advantage against Rexy, her claws, wouldn't be as lopsided as the Spinosaurus has just as strong a set it isn't shy about using. It also means the Indominus wouldn't be able to negate Spiny's attacks quite as well as she did Rexy's via restraining Rexy's neck or jaws. If she did that here, it would leave her open for Spiny to slash at her.

Spiny weighing a bit more is also a bit of a trade-off change. On one hand, it means that colliding with the Indominus means the force be in its favor more so than it was Rexy's. It also means tossing Spiny through the storefront would be a bit more difficult as well as any shoves Spiny gives her would have more momentum behind them. However, it could also mean Spiny would be a bit less agile in the fight.

Now let's have them fight. For the outcome I'll put five outcomes in the poll based on how well the Spinosaurus does.

Outcome #1 - The Spinosaurus beats down the Indominus alone
This is the most optimal outcome for Spiny. Here he/she/it manages to not only go head to head against the hybrid, but overpowers it without need of a second wind. This could end either like the film, with the Spinosaurus lasting long and damaging the Indominus enough to shove her into the Mosasaur pool, or would the Spinosaurus mauling the Indominus to death either via slashing or breaking its neck like it did the JP3 Tyrannosaurus.

Outcome #2 - The Spinosaurus beats the Indominus with help from Blue
Basically the movie outcome. Spiny loses in the first round but gets a reprieve thanks to Blue long enough to catch its second wind and fight again. Like #1, this can either end way it did in the movie with the Mosasaur or Blue and Spiny kill the I.rex personally.

Outcome #3 - The Spinosaurus can at least hold it off; but still loses solo
Bad ending. The Spinosaurus just can't deal or tank the same damage Rexy could and gets killed by the Indominus as it fights it alone, before Blue can show up to help.

Outcome #4 - The Spinosaurus loses even with Blue's help
Worst ending. Even with Blue's help, Spiny just can't go the distance and loses to the Indominus soundly.

And before anyone says so, no I really don't think it matters that the Tyrannosaurus rex the Spinosaurus fought in the third film was a couple of feet smaller than the ones from TLW and JP/JW. That fight was pretty much a curbstomp in Spiny's favor given as nothing the Tyrannosaurus threw at it did much more than stall it. I've restrained from saying this on JPL to avoid sparking a flame-war, but I think it needs be said. Just because the Spinosaurus soundly trounced a "sub-adult" (it really wasn't, subadult would be more like 25-32 feet, not 37), doesn't mean it now auto-loses to a slightly larger adult. It's like saying you could lift a 100lb weight easily, but suddenly a 115lb weight would break your spine. IMNO, it's probably most accurate and easiest just to say the Jurassic Park universe Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus are just very comparable at adult age and either one of them could kill the other.

Last edited by Tarbtano on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:09 am

I honestly think the Indominus would beat the Spinosaurus. Think about it: It is about the same size, if not bigger. It is definitely smarter AND it can camoflauge. The Indominus was hit with a FRICKIN' RPG and survived. Stronger bite and bossibly even claws. Honestly, it would beat Spiny.
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:15 am

JPMalcolmDilo wrote:
I honestly think the Indominus would beat the Spinosaurus. Think about it: It is about the same size, if not bigger. It is definitely smarter AND it can camoflauge. The Indominus was hit with a FRICKIN' RPG and survived. Stronger bite and bossibly even claws. Honestly, it would beat Spiny.

Just stating again here, we're assuming the I.rex is fighting about the same as it did in the film. So its intelligence and camouflage wouldn't play a big role in the fight, and since the Spinosaurus is slightly larger than Rexy, size isn't a difference.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 am

JPMalcolmDilo wrote:
The Indominus was hit with a FRICKIN' RPG and survived. Stronger bite and bossibly even claws. Honestly, it would beat Spiny.
it was not hit by the JPG, but it was affected by the shockwave.
I do agree, the Indominus has a very likely victory, but I think that the fight would be a lot more bloody than the events of JW. If we exclude the mosasaur, I say Spiny wins w/ blue and hopefully indy gets a broken neck.
Spoiler:

Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 2:10 am

The Spinosaurus had trouble with a sub-adult male rex. He's not beating the Indominus rex.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:19 am

Megatronus Rex wrote:
The Spinosaurus had trouble with a sub-adult male rex. He's not beating the Indominus rex.

I think that was more due to inexperience/complacency to be honest. We don't even know how old the Spinosaurus is, for all we know it too could be a sub-adult and not fully grown. I doubt it would make the same mistake again.

Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Aegyptiacus3 wrote:
Megatronus Rex wrote:

I think that was more due to inexperience/complacency to be honest. We don't even know how old the Spinosaurus is, for all we know it too could be a sub-adult and not fully grown. I doubt it would make the same mistake again.
That's a bit too assumptive for my taste, but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:16 pm

I took Outcome 2, while Rexy is exceptional I think the JP/// Spino is the next best we could get to fight the Indominus. Even with it's bigger size I don't think it would be able to stand against the indominus, this time it's opponent does have similar strong (if not stronger) claws and a stronger bite. With the help of blue I think she would be able to push it near the mosasaur lagoon and we would get a similar ending.
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

If the rex in JP3 was indeed just an "average" size adult (not saying I agree, but it's interesting to think about), then the Spino and Blue could win together, but it would take more effort than with Rexy IMHO. The Spino didn't appear to be the bull rushing type like the rexes of the series, so it would likely try more biting and scratching maneuvers.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 pm

This thread inspired me to make this... Tada, I guess. I'm totally voting #2.
Spoiler:

V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 pm

It'll be basically the same as the movie outcome.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:46 am

Spinosaurus would stand much longer, since that thing is also a killing machine. But, I.rex would win, in the end.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Did Spinosaurus appear tougher to anyone? It took a headbutt right to the thigh and didn't suffer any damage from it, as well as a direct bite from a T.rex to its neck only to receive superficial wounds. It was glanced by a plane rotor, which the wound did carry over into the subsequent rex fight.

It doesn't really look any tougher to me than the other carnivores.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex   4 - JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JP3 Spinosaurus vs. Idominus rex
Page 1 of 1